Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Light On My Path (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082)

bluidkiti 01-11-2014 09:00 AM

Light On My Path Part 14 - Take Courage

by Gail Rodgers
It’s a familiar Bible story. The disciples are out in their boat and the waves are crashing against it in the wee hours of the morning. Suddenly they see a figure walking on the water, coming toward the boat. FEAR takes over and they cry out terrified. The figure is Jesus and He calls to them…

“Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” (Luke 14:22-32)
Peter hears the Lord’s voice and FAITH rises up within him. He calls back across the water…
“Lord, if it’s you tell me to come to you on the water.” “Come,” He said. Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. BUT… when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out,” Lord, save me!”
The circumstances around Peter took his focus off Jesus and his faith was overcome with fear.
“Immediately Jesus reached out His hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”
We all know that familiar cycle of FAITH, FEAR, FAITH, FEAR. We know that feeling of being the one who Jesus asks, “Why did you doubt?”
Storms often do rage out there in the various circumstances of life. Yet if we keep our eyes on Jesus we will be empowered to walk above our circumstances with the strength of the Holy Spirit.
As soon as our eyes begin focusing on the wind and the waves and the details of the storm, our faith will be over come with fear.
We can choose where in the cycle we will rest. We can let fear be the prominent factor in our day-to-day life. Its telltale emotions will leave us feeling like we are sinking with little hope.
Or, we can choose to put our faith in Jesus believing He loves us lavishly and will work things together for our good and His glory. In the process He will strengthen us to face what we need to and will give us wisdom and insight as we walk. Peace will steady us in spite of any raging storm.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Today I choose to focus on You and Your strength in my weakness. I ask for the power of Your Holy Spirit to give me wisdom and insight. Let Your peace rule my heart today as I put my faith in You. Whenever fear threatens to over-ride my faith help me to lift up my eyes to You, my faithful and loving God who is able to do above what I could ask or imagine.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

bluidkiti 01-12-2014 10:28 AM

Light On My Path Part 15 - In the Mirror

by Gail Rodgers
They were sharing honestly. It was a refreshing change for all of them. They had spent a weekend together and over that time many of their masks came off.

In an exchange that is altogether too rare, they shared some of their insecurities. They shared their feelings of isolation. They acknowledged their desire to connect and to share the journey with one another in a deeper way. They knew God was there among them and they could feel His love drawing them to move beyond themselves… to share His love with one another and with a world hungry for love.
It was then that she saw the picture. God put it in her mind. It so clearly told a story. It was a story from God’s heart to hers. So she shared it…
She saw herself looking into a mirror. She was completely self-absorbed with her own looks, clothes and situation. She dominated the mirror. Then slowly, behind and beside her, came the faces of other women in her life: her friends and her neighbors. They too were totally absorbed with themselves in the mirror. Suddenly the mirror fell away and in its place was a window. The faces all noticed one another and they began waving.
She felt certain that God was confirming that He was asking them to move beyond their own self-absorption… beyond their own self-focus. There was a world of other women, right in their own neighborhoods, women who God wanted to touch through them. He needed them to look beyond themselves and to see those He longed to draw to Himself.
God calls all of us from the self- focus that drives us through our days. He asks us to cast our eyes to the horizon of our circle of influence and see those around us with His eyes.
Lift your eyes away from the mirror and to the window… It’s why He drew you to Himself.
“You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.” 1 Corinthians 6:19b
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
It is so easy to buy into the lie that life is all about me. I confess that I have been self focused and absorbed with my needs, my wants, my looks and possessions and my plans. Today I acknowledge that You did redeem my life for a purpose. You do want to touch others through me. Please help me to turn from the mirror of self- interest and lift my eyes to the window. Help me to see today those You put in my pathway who need to know You care. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and flow through me to the world around me.
I ask this in Jesus’ name, amen.

bluidkiti 01-13-2014 10:17 AM

Light On My Path Part 16 - What is Best

by Gail Rodgers
Karla was a capable woman. She usually knew what course of action to take. Yet this time she was troubled. Disunity in her circle was causing friction and people were being hurt. She asked God for His help.

Karla knew it was no accident when she picked up her Bible that night and read the words of the prayer Paul had prayed for the Philippians many years earlier. The timeless truth of God’s Word spoke to her heart…
“And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you maybe able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God.” Philippians 1:15
We all face situations where disunity has the potential to destroy relationships and hurt people who need to feel God’s love. Invite God to give you what you need in the sticky relationships in your life.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I need Your love to overflow in my heart. My own is growing thin. Help me to be patient with those I find abrasive and to be gentle in return. Help me to reflect Your goodness to others and share my faith in You.
Father, help me to discern what is best and give me strength to follow that course. Let my life be marked by a humility that shows my confidence is in You and not in my own wisdom. Let my life proclaim who my God is!
Help me to keep my heart pure in thought and attitude and to live my life in such a way that I cast no shadow on Your name. May my life reflect the love of Jesus and may I share Your joy and bring Your peace into areas of conflict.
I ask right now that You would help me to grow in allowing my heart to be filled with overflowing love for You. Let it spill over to those around me as I trust You to give me understanding as to what is best. Keep me growing in my discernment of how Your Truth can help me avoid error in my own life. Please bring fruit out of this situation that will bring praise and glory to You.
In the strong name of Jesus I pray, Amen.

bluidkiti 01-14-2014 08:24 AM

Light On My Path Part 17 - Nurturing Love

by Gail Rodgers
Karen felt like there was no rhythm in their home anymore. It seemed everyone was going different directions at different times.

The family times they had had when the kids were small were gone as the older children inched their way to independence. She asked God to show her how to bring some balance back into their schedule and how to better nurture her growing family.
As women we have a unique opportunity to meet the important need of giving and receiving love as our families grow and change. God reminds us that our love goes much further than our words. We can be pro-active in finding ways to intentionally nurture love in our homes in spite of schedules that often see us passing in the doorway.
“Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.” (1 John 3:18)
Seven Steps to Loving with Action in Our Homes
1. Love is a learned response
Give affection daily and consciously respond to affection given to you.
2. Love your husband
Visible love to one another provides security and stability in the home.
3. Love must be communicated
Do your tones and body language reflect love, along with your words?
4. Love takes time to be together
Intentionally make time for those you love and look into their eyes.
5. Love shares
Share work and play; thoughts and ideas. Share life!
6. Love listens
Listen with your heart as well as with your ears.
7. Love thrives within trust
Keep integrity in tact.
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
I need Your help to model love in my home. Fill me with Your love by the power of Your Holy Spirit. Give me insight and understanding in the ways my family members need to receive my love. Help me to bask in Your love for me so that I will be equipped by You to love others.

MajestyJo 01-14-2014 02:24 PM

Like these, they don't need my two cents added, but they enrich my soul and speak for themselves.

They enlighten and give food for thought.

Like the mirror one especially, what we see in others is a reflection of ourselves. I found myself in the rooms of recovery. A little from this one, a little more from that one, most of what that one said, nothing of what they have, other than the fact that they are here. I was very fragmented when I came into recovery, and by going to meetings, they put me back together, I found myself.

bluidkiti 01-15-2014 09:41 AM

Light On My Path Part 18 - Overcoming Unbelief

by Gail Rodgers
It was a move made more out of desperation than out of faith. The father was out of resources. His son had had severe convulsions since he was a small child. The man had heard that Jesus could heal.

He made his way through the crowd that surrounded Jesus and called out for help. “If you can do anything, take pity on us and help us.” It wasn’t exactly what you would call a strong declaration of faith. “If you can… ” tells us the father was hopeful but not faith filled.
Jesus took note of the question. “If you can?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for him who believes.” The father cried out…
“I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24)
His son was healed!
All too often many of us find our belief mingled with unbelief. Jesus responded to the heart of this man who openly admitted that his faith was weak. He was openly honest. He declared his belief and cried out for help to overcome it.
When we find ourselves facing circumstances that loom large in our lives we often find our faith is weak. We want to believe God to move the mountain or part the seas. We know He can. Yet unbelief hovers in a corner of our heart. We hope, yet we are reluctant to really believe He will. We hide our unbelief.
Jesus knows us in the very depth of our souls. He understands our lack of faith and He looks beyond it to our individual hearts. When He hears that cry, “help me overcome my unbelief,” His heart is stirred by our desire to fully believe Him… and he increases our faith.
As we cry out for help to overcome unbelief in our lives, He responds and builds our faith. As we see Him begin to move the mountains in our lives, our faith grows. We develop a track record of His faithfulness that keeps moving us down the road to even greater faith.
If your faith is small today in believing God can intervene in something you feel is impossible, ask Him to help you overcome your unbelief. He will meet you at your point of desire and He will increase your faith. Confess your unbelief to Him and ask Him to grow your faith. He will do it.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
My faith is so often weak as I seek to trust You with my whole life. Today I confess to You that I do have unbelief mingled with my belief. I ask You right now to help me overcome my unbelief. I need Your strength and Your help to grow my faith. Thank you for Your power in my life.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, amen.

bluidkiti 01-16-2014 10:08 AM

Light On My Path Part 19 - Is Real Joy Possible

by Gail Rodgers
What adjective would you use to describe yourself? Think about it for a moment. Would it be “joyful” or “worried”, “fearful”, “encourager”, “perfectionist”?

God tells us that our joy will increase as our trust in Him increases. This is something beyond the happiness and delight or pleasure found in a particular circumstance.
True joy is a deep and abiding assurance rooted in hope. If worry, fear, nagging, or feeling overwhelmed is what characterizes you on a daily basis, you know your trust in God has probably faded and your hope begins to feel slim.
Listen to God’s promise to you…
“May the God of Hope fill you with all joy and peace, as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” ( Romans 15:13)
When hope has disappeared off your horizon, check honestly to see where your trust in God is at. Ask Him to increase your faith. Ask Him to grow your faith to believe that…
  • He will act on your behalf.
  • He will give you strength and wisdom where you are weak and confused.
  • He will supernaturally fill you with the power of His Holy Spirit.
  • He will increase your hope in Him in every circumstance of your life.
The hope you have in God increases as your trust deepens. This hope becomes an anchor for your soul. It will bring with it a deep source of victory and joy as God works in you and through you to bring His hope to you in your day-to-day world. Depend on His Holy Spirit to fill you with increased faith today.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
I ask today that You will increase my faith in You. I want to trust You with every aspect of my life. I need the power of Your Holy Spirit to work in me to trust You fully for the hope of my future. Help me to move from worry and fret to hope and joy. Fill me today so that I can actually overflow with hope by the power of Your Spirit. Thank you for Your amazing grace in my life.

bluidkiti 01-17-2014 02:25 AM

Light On My Path Part 20 - Listen to Your Words

by Gail Rodgers
Have you listened lately to the words you use when you speak to those nearest and dearest to you? Sometimes in the hurried flurry of our day we simply overlook the way we are communicating.

We excuse our hasty words and harsh tones because we are tired or stressed.
God’s Word reminds us that our words are very important. We need to take responsibility for what comes out of our mouths. Listen to these wise words…
“Reckless words pierce like a sword but the tongue of the wise brings healing.” (Proverbs 12:18)
Our sharp words have the ability to cut the people around us. A wise woman will consider what her words are doing and will seek to communicate in a way that brings healing rather than hurt.
We know that our communication is made up of words, tone and body language.
  • Our words only make up about 7% of our communication.
  • Our tones make up 38%.
  • Our body language makes up the remaining 55%.
Take note today of what your communication sounds and looks like. It may surprise you. Ask the Holy Spirit to remind you to be wise in your speech and gentle in your tones and body language.
The world out there is filled with sharp words of sarcasm, criticism, negativity and worry. Go against the flow and ask God to help you bring a calm and gentle spirit to your home and work place today through the way you communicate.
Hearts all around us are hurting. You have a unique opportunity today to be a woman of wisdom in the way you communicate. With God’s help bring encouragement and healing through your words, tones and body language.
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
Forgive me for the many times words spring from my mouth that are unnecessary comments of gossip, hurt or criticism. Today I ask that Your Holy Spirit will be my guide in my communication. Nudge me when I am ready to speak piercing words. Fill me with Your gentleness and compassion and remind me that my tones and body language are communicating too. Help me to take responsibility for what comes out of my mouth.

bluidkiti 01-18-2014 10:34 AM

Light On My Path Part 21 - Agreement with God's Word

by Gail Rodgers
I often need to let thing steep in my mind and heart much like making a good pot of tea. Lately I’ve been pondering a thought from Dr. Myles Munroe book on “Understanding the Purpose and Power of Prayer”. It is this…

“The backbone of prayer is our agreement with God’s Word…”
As this steeped in my heart I began to see my praying differently. Often I determine what would be the best answer in my situations and then ask God, in faith, to accomplish it. Scripture is sometimes a part of that. Yet God began to challenge my heart to ask Him first what His Word says about what I am praying for. How could I agree with His Word in the things that I felt prompted to pray for?
Here are some prayer nuggets I found as I asked God how to pray according to His word.
When praying for someone who seems oblivious to God’s care for her.
Show her the wonder of Your great love, O Lord. Psalm 1:7
When praying for someone who seems directionless in her work.
Establish the work of her hands, O Lord. Psalm 90:17
When praying for someone who sincerely desires to walk in God’s ways.
Since she lives in the Spirit, help her keep in step with the Spirit. Gal. 5:20
When praying for someone who is tempted to go back into her old ways.
Thank you Lord that it is for freedom that You have set us free. Help her to stand firm and not be entangled again in this slavery. Gal. 5:1
When praying for someone who is confused about how to live.
Lord, help her not to conform to the patterns of the world but to be transformed by the renewing of her mind so she can prove out Your will in her life. Romans 12:2
When praying for someone who is distracted spiritually by acquiring things.
Lord, help her to set her affections on things above and not on things on the earth. Colossians 3:2
When praying for someone who is despondent and brokenhearted.
Lord, restore her soul and lead her in right paths for the sake of Your name. Psalm 23
When praying for someone who needs to give her heart to the Lord.
Thank you Lord, that You are patient and desiring everyone to come to repentance. Help her to choose to turn her life into Your hands. 2 Peter 3:9
When praying for someone who desires a mate, a new job or a change.
Thank you Lord that You will perfect that which concerns her today. Psalm 138:8
When praying for those worn out in ministry.
Lord, may she be energized today as she lives her life on the wavelength of the great commission. Matthew 28:19
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
Thank you that Your word gives us everything we need for life and for godliness.
Teach us to pray according to Your Word and not according to our wishes. Lead us in new paths of prayer as we look to discover first what Your word says about what we are praying for. Teach us to pray, Lord.
In Jesus’ powerful name I ask, amen.

bluidkiti 01-19-2014 09:13 AM

Light On My Path Part 22 - Changed by the Spirit

by Gail Rodgers
There are places and times when we feel we need extra wisdom, insight, guidance and strength. We long for understanding in situations that seem confusing. We need revelation when truth is being hidden or skewed.

God provides all these things to His children through the Holy Spirit. Paul the apostle, prayed for believers to receive the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so they could know God better.
This prayer is still for us today. It reflects what is available to believers… to you and me.
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms…”.
Why do we allow ourselves to live in confusion and even chaos when we can be equipped by the Holy Spirit of God? Do we miss the wisdom and revelation we can have from God because we drown out that quiet voice of the Spirit by our busy lives? In so doing we are actually choosing the chaos and confusion. Think about it. This is not God’s plan for you. Know He wants to equip you to walk in wisdom, revelation, strength and power right where you are. He wants you to know Him better.
Think of one area where you are experiencing perplexity, confusion or chaos and invite God right now to begin to show You His wisdom in this situation.
prayer & reflection

Heavenly Father,
Thank you that Your Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth. Thank you that Your Spirit will lead me to know You better. Fill my spirit afresh today with the wisdom and revelation, the strength and comfort I need to walk in the areas that perplex me. Quiet my heart to hear Your Spirit specifically in (name your own perplexing circumstance) . Thank you that You equip me by Your Spirit.
I pray these things in the name of Jesus, amen.

bluidkiti 01-20-2014 08:49 AM

Light On My Path Part 23 - Communicate Differently

by Gail Rodgers
Pause before you speak. It’s a simple thing…a very small thing. Yet the wisdom in that simple act actually comes from the heart of God. Listen to the relationship-changing words He gives us…

“Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God.” (Ephesians 4:29, 30a)
Recognize and admit any negative communication cycle you are in.
  • Ask God to forgive you for grieving Him with the negative overflow from your mouth.
  • Ask Him to help you hold your tongue and to give you wisdom in your responses.
  • He can help you refrain from saying those accusing, mean, whiny or hurtful things that spring defensively from your heart.
  • Ask God to help you understand the needs of the other person and put them before your own. This is not easy; yet the other heart has been affected by the tense communication, too, and this cycle needs to be broken.
  • Speak building words and not words that tear down or cut. Choose words that benefit the other person.
As you depend on God to help you, you will find your defenses coming down and there will be new opportunities to communicate on things that need change. Make the first move in God’s power. Our tension-filled relationships and homes need His healing touch.
prayer & reflection

God,
You know the tension there is in some of my relationships. Help me to be willing to be the change agent. I ask that You would change my heart attitude. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and enable me to speak words that build up and benefit. Help me to keep silent when I need to. Forgive me when I fail and help me as I learn to trust You in this critical area of my life.

bluidkiti 01-21-2014 08:17 AM

Light On My Path Part 24 - Tense Communication

by Gail Rodgers
When you find yourself in a relationship, whether at home or at work that is charged with tension, ask God into the situation. Prayer does change things!

God will give you the wisdom you need to make changes in tense relationships. His Word reveals practical insight. The communication cycle starts in your heart. You can only change yourself yet that change will very often foster changes in the relationships around you.
Recognize that the overflow of your mouth comes from the attitude of your heart.
“Out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks” (Luke 6:45b).
  • Ask God to give you a desire to change the attitude of your heart toward the person you are in tense communication with. Ask Him to help you see that person through His eyes. Ask Him for a kind heart.
  • Ask God to first meet the needs of your heart. Past hurts buried there often become the filters we put the words of others through. Recognize what is true about yourself and what is not. Ask God to give you clarity of understanding. Ask Him to begin the healing process of the deep hurts that may have become your filters.
  • Ask God to give you a willingness to change in spite of all the justification of your own heart to respond negatively.
prayer & reflection

God,
You know the tense cycle that exists in my communication in this relationship. I know that it takes two to work this out yet I know I can only work on change in me. Help me to examine my heart and allow You to touch me and begin to heal me. Give me a new attitude and the power of Your Holy Spirit to respond differently. I need You Lord and I thank you for caring enough to help me.

bluidkiti 01-22-2014 11:00 AM

Light On My Path Part 25 - Spiritually Alive

by Gail Rodgers
In these days of growing awareness in the spiritual and the supernatural, God gives us guidance as to what to watch for. He tells us how to grow in our spiritual life without confusion. 2 Peter 3:18 spells it out for us…

“Grow in the grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 3:18
To grow in grace means to think and act with the force of God’s love behind all you do. It is having God’s influence upon your heart in such a way that it makes a difference in how you live. God’s acceptance of you can influence your heart and be reflected in your life as you walk in confidence knowing He has chosen you and forgiven you.
True spirituality moves you toward knowledge of Jesus as the Influencer of your heart. It goes beyond a mere knowledge of religious facts. It goes beyond the clutter of spiritual interest that has its focus outside of Jesus. It is allowing His influence on your heart to reflect change in the way you handle yourself. It is the power of His Spirit at work in you.
Growing… moving forward from one place to another as you reflect on Jesus and His influence in your life. Allow His truth to penetrate your heart and help you to turn from the choices that exclude Him and to accept His forgiveness.
Allow Jesus to influence your heart and your choices. Determine if any particular activity or information is increasing your knowledge of Jesus and causing you to grow in understanding how He can influence your heart and your life. Anything less is a cheap counterfeit of truth.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
There is so much out there today on spirituality. Please help me to grow in my knowledge of Jesus and His strength for my life. Help me to grow in allowing Your influence upon my heart in such a way that it changes how I live. Help me to be discerning and wise as I grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ, my Lord and my Savior.

bluidkiti 01-23-2014 10:19 AM

Light On My Path Part 26 - What Time is it

by Gail Rodgers
When my brother visited from overseas this summer it took him a bit of time to adjust to the time change. He was tired and slightly disoriented until the change became the “new normal” for him.

It reminded me of the time changes that God records in the Bible. Time changes come and go in every life at one time or another and they are part of life. You will recognize many of them. You will have experienced some and there will be more for you to encounter as you journey through life. Listen:
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die;
a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal;
a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to throw away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to seek, and a time to lose;
a time to keep, and a time to throw away;
A time to tear, and a time to sew;
a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
Think about the season of life you find yourself in today. Are you resisting the time changes you are facing? Are you hanging on tightly to something that needs to change? Is it a time to throw away something and embrace something new? A time to build something new…..or pluck out something old?
This unusual book of Ecclesiastes highlights the fact that man’s efforts on this earth are meaningless apart from God.
Look at the changes facing you today and put them into perspective with God’s help. Ask Him to help you find His path as you journey through changes that bring joy and those that are hard. He is the one who can put meaning into life. He is the one who can redeem the broken places. He is the one who helps us face both the joy and challenge of new seasons that bring a “new normal” to our days. He will help you journey through your seasons with His grace.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that You will help me face the changes in my life. Thank you that You will walk with me and guide me. Help me to find purpose and meaning as You lead me through both the good and the uncomfortable seasons of life.

bluidkiti 01-24-2014 09:37 AM

Light On My Path Part 27 - Pursuing God

by Gail Rodgers
The demands of life can become front and center in our lives. It is easy to postpone quiet times with God.

Will Bruce, in Guidelines for Praying for Your Pastor states,
“life’s pressures will always result in spiritual decline unless one is careful to maintain a close walk with the Lord.”
We all experience that decline from time to time as pressures mount in our individual lives. It is because we know this happens that we strive to encourage and build each other up.
God makes a promise:
“Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.” (James 4:8)
What do you need to do today to actively choose your relationship with Jesus over the many important and busy tasks that call for your attention? He longs to bring that freshness to your soul! Make a choice to become active in pursuing God.
  • Actively choose to spend time in His presence
  • expose yourself to music that inspires
  • turn off the TV and read something that will feed your spirit
  • invite Him into every decision
  • ask Him which fruit of the Spirit He wants to cultivate in your life today
  • pray in a quiet place and not just on the run
  • listen for His voice
  • read his Word and to ask Him to teach you
He will be true to His promise! He will come near and refresh your soul.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you for each woman You have brought to this site today. Give each one a fresh desire to pursue You. Grant them insight, wisdom and revelation from Your word as they take the time to be refreshed in Your presence.
Bless them today in the powerful name of Jesus I pray, amen.