Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1780)

bluidkiti 12-16-2013 09:38 AM

December 16

A Time to Think: The message of Christmas is that the visible material world is bound to the invisible spiritual world. –Author Unknown

To Act: Face every situation with faith in your heart.

To Pray: Dear Lord, during the holiday season, help me to spread Your message of love.

bluidkiti 12-17-2013 08:22 AM

December 17

A Time to Think: The most obvious lesson in Christ's teaching is that there is no happiness in having or getting anything, but only in giving. –Henry Drummond, author and evangelist

To Act: Remember that you attract what you give away.

To Pray: Lord, help me spend the time You've given me looking for joy and overcoming obstacles.

bluidkiti 12-18-2013 09:33 AM

December 18

A Time to Think: Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and listen. –Anonymous

To Act: Commit to the wonder, to marvel at the coming of Christ.

To Pray: Come, Lord Jesus, as I stand with my arms outstretched, ready to welcome You.

bluidkiti 12-19-2013 09:30 AM

December 19

A Time to Think: All the Christmas presents in the world are worth nothing without the presence of Christ. –David Jeremiah, author

To Act: During this special time, forgive actions, thoughts and misgivings that have burdened you.

To Pray: As we celebrate Your coming, Lord Jesus, bless us and give us the gift of Your Peace.

bluidkiti 12-20-2013 11:45 AM

December 20

A Time to Think: Christmas, my child, is love in action. –Dale Evans, actress, singer and songwriter

To Act: Remind yourself of the real reason why we celebrate Christmas: Christ has come to live among us.

To Pray: In this most wonderful of seasons, Lord, we thank You for sending Your Son.

bluidkiti 12-21-2013 11:28 AM

December 21

A Time to Think: Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas. –Peg Bracken, author

To Act: Share with others how important they are to you.

To Pray: Jesus, this Christmas, give me the grace to honor You in every person I meet.

bluidkiti 12-22-2013 11:29 AM

December 22

A Time to Think: Christmas is doing a little something extra for someone. –Charles M. Schultz, cartoonist

To Act: Go out in a spirit of love and do something for somebody who is in need.

To Pray: In this holy Christmas season, Lord, show us how to best communicate Your love.

bluidkiti 12-23-2013 10:40 AM

December 23

A Time to Think: Christmas is the season for kindling the fire of hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. –Washington Irving, author

To Act: Remember that our hearts were made to enjoy the One who created them.

To Pray: Father, may joyful memories bring back the wonder of Christmas to me.

bluidkiti 12-24-2013 09:55 AM

December 24

A Time to Think: Joy to the world! The Lord is come; let earth receive her King; let every heart prepare Him room, and heaven and nature sing. –Isaac Watts, hymn writer

To Act: Open your heart to the beauty that surrounds you.

To Pray: Lord, help me make the Christmas celebration longer in my heart.

bluidkiti 12-25-2013 07:34 AM

December 25

A Time to Think: Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts. –Janice Maeditere, writer

To Act: Spread the spirit of Christmas by sharing and giving to those in need.

To Pray: This Christmas Day and every day, I thank You, Lord, for coming into our world, and into my heart.

bluidkiti 12-26-2013 11:15 AM

December 26

A Time to Think: Christ was born to bring new Life. May the New Year renew new Life in you. –Author Unknown

To Act: Examine your past difficulties, and understand the lessons that have been shown to you.

To Pray: You are the Author of life, Lord; write Your renewing love upon my heart.

bluidkiti 12-27-2013 11:09 AM

December 27

A Time to Think: Each today, well lived, makes yesterday a dream of happiness and each tomorrow a vision of hope. Look, therefore, to this one day, for it and it alone is life. –Anonymous

To Act: Free yourself of yesterday's worries.

To Pray: Lord, I thank You for the gift of the past year as I anticipate the days of the new.

bluidkiti 12-28-2013 09:34 AM

December 28

A Time to Think: Let us move into the New Year with a great sense of the thrill of living. –Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, author and pastor

To Act: Forget a wrong, remember a kindness.

To Pray: A life of faith is a daily adventure, Lord. Keep us from seeing it as ordinary or commonplace.

bluidkiti 12-29-2013 10:45 AM

December 29

A Time to Think: Approach the New Year with resolve to find the opportunities hidden in each new day. –Michael Josephson, law professor

To Act: Remember that remarkable achievements begin as thoughts.

To Pray: Today, and all year long, please help me refrain from discouraging words or thoughts.

bluidkiti 12-30-2013 07:03 AM

December 30

A Time to Think: Since the new year will not be any newer than you are, make up your mind that you are going to be new. –Norman Vincent Peale, pastor and author

To Act: Remember that detours are opportunities to experience new things.

To Pray: God, thank You for all of the blessings in my life and the vision with which to recognize them.