Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - May (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8878)

bluidkiti 05-15-2016 08:42 AM

May 15

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere-in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth. - Acts 1:8

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 1:17 (NLT): When a bird sees a trap being set, it stays away.

Today’s Thought: The devil is always trying to set traps for people, especially Christians. We must be aware of these traps so we do not fall into them

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would help me be mindful of traps set by the enemy so I can overcome them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ecclesiastes 11:5 As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother’s womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

Psalm 16
A miktam of David.

Keep me safe, my God,
for in you I take refuge.

I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.”
I say of the holy people who are in the land,
“They are the noble ones in whom is all my delight.”
Those who run after other gods will suffer more and more.
I will not pour out libations of blood to such gods
or take up their names on my lips.

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup;
you make my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the Lord, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I keep my eyes always on the Lord.
With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the realm of the dead,
nor will you let your faithful one see decay.
You make known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh. Luke 6:21

bluidkiti 05-16-2016 09:57 AM

May 16

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

Jeremiah 30:21 (NIV) "...for who will devote himself to be close to Me?" declares the Lord.

Thought: There are things that matter and things that don't. Choose wisely.

And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father. - Colossians 3:17

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Romans 12:11

1 John 4:10 (NIV) - This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

bluidkiti 05-17-2016 08:52 AM

May 17

Philippians 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Psalm 150:2 (NIV) Praise God for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness.

Thought: Worship is meant to be a major part of life.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 1:33 (NLT): But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm."

Today’s Thought: There is a great sense of peace & joy when one is in the will of God. Ask yourself this question today: Am I in the will of God? If you are not, what steps do you need to take to be in His will?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me get in Your perfect will for my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! —2 Corinthians 5:17

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Psalm 108:5

bluidkiti 05-18-2016 10:19 AM

May 18

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

Psalm 149:1 (NIV) ...Sing to the Lord a new song.

Thought: It's easy to miss how God is working when we get bogged down in our routine. Ask God to help you refocus.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 2:7 (NLT): He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity.

Today’s Thought: We must strive to live a life of integrity. People are watching whether you realize it or not. Are you living a life full of integrity today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life be marked by integrity. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Hebrews 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.

Psalm 27:4 One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.

bluidkiti 05-19-2016 09:26 AM

May 19

1 Peter 4:10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

Jesus did not let him [the man from whom he had cast out demons] come with him, but said, "Go home to your family and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has had mercy on you." —Mark 5:19

James 3:17-18 - 17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere. 18 Peacemakers who sow in peace reap a harvest of righteousness.

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Romans 5:1-2 NIV Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him. Deuteronomy 13:4

2 Peter 3:8-9 (NIV) - But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

bluidkiti 05-20-2016 07:45 AM

May 20

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Psalm 149:4 (NIV) For the Lord takes delight in His people; He crowns the humble with victory.

Thought: What makes God happy? You do.

He personally carried our sins in his body on the cross so that we can be dead to sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you are healed. - 1 Peter 2:24

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 144:2 (NLT): He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my deliverer. He stands before me as a shield, and I take refuge in him. He subdues the nations under me.

Today’s Thought: God is our rock. He is our healer, deliverer, our help in time of need and our friend (just to name a few attributes). You can trust Him. He will never leave you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of his way will save him from death and cover over a multitude of sins. —James 5:20

Romans 15:5-6 - 5 May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, 6 so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Deuteronomy 8:1-3 NIV Be careful to follow every command I am giving you today, so that you may live and increase and may enter and possess the land that the LORD promised on oath to your forefathers. Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands. He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

dwmoeller 05-20-2016 08:30 AM

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. - Psalm 103:8

Thought: The Lord Loves You!!

bluidkiti 05-21-2016 08:44 AM

May 21

John 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. - Deuteronomy 6:4-5

Today’s Scripture: 2 Samuel 22:2-3 (NLT): He sang: “The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.

Today’s Thought: When you are going through a hard situation, praising God changes everything! We need to praise Him regardless of our circumstances.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You teach me to praise You no matter what I’m going through. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 6:13-18 — Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. —2 Corinthians 5:21

Psalm 17
A prayer of David.

Hear me, Lord, my plea is just;
listen to my cry.
Hear my prayer—
it does not rise from deceitful lips.
Let my vindication come from you;
may your eyes see what is right.

Though you probe my heart,
though you examine me at night and test me,
you will find that I have planned no evil;
my mouth has not transgressed.
Though people tried to bribe me,
I have kept myself from the ways of the violent
through what your lips have commanded.
My steps have held to your paths;
my feet have not stumbled.

I call on you, my God, for you will answer me;
turn your ear to me and hear my prayer.
Show me the wonders of your great love,
you who save by your right hand
those who take refuge in you from their foes.
Keep me as the apple of your eye;
hide me in the shadow of your wings

For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many. Mark 10:45

Genesis 9:16 (NIV) - Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.

bluidkiti 05-22-2016 09:44 AM

May 22

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 16:19 (NLT): Now I say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.

Today’s Thought: The above scripture was spoken by Jesus. Jesus is our rock. You can lean and trust Him always. Whatever you are going through today, give it to Jesus, He cares for you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn to trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. —Galatians 5:22-23

Joel 2:21 Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.

Galatians 5:13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

Psalm 119:1-2 Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD. Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.

Psalm 18

I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.

If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. Deuteronomy 28:1

bluidkiti 05-23-2016 09:09 AM

May 23

Psalm 146:5-6 (NIV) Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob...the Lord, who remains faithful forever.

Thought: God's been there for you before. He will be there for you again.

For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins. - Romans 3:23-24

Isaiah 40:29-31 — He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. —1 Thessalonians 5:23

Psalm 71:8 NIV My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.

Psalm 119:25-32
I am laid low in the dust;
preserve my life according to your word.
I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
teach me your decrees.
Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
My soul is weary with sorrow;
strengthen me according to your word.
Keep me from deceitful ways;
be gracious to me and teach me your law.
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
I have set my heart on your laws.
I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
do not let me be put to shame.
I run in the path of your commands,
for you have broadened my understanding.

2 Thessalonians 1:3 (NIV) - We ought always to thank God for you, brothers and sisters, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love all of you have for one another is increasing.

1 Corinthians 2:12 What we have received is not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may understand what God has freely given us.

bluidkiti 05-24-2016 09:58 AM

May 24

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

Psalm 146:2 (NIV): I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

Thought: The world constantly tries to pull you away from God. Keep a tight hold on your heart.

For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 16:16 (NLT): Simon Peter answered, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."

Today’s Thought: The above verse, though it is short, is very powerful. When we speak, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God," something changes. Your circumstance that seemed impossible is suddenly possible, the loved one you thought would never get saved suddenly you know God will save them. Why? Because when you acknowledge Jesus as the Son of the living God, He comes alive again!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I acknowledge You are alive! I ask that You work in my life in a powerful way. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Romans 12:10 Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.

Matthew 5:6 NIV "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalms 9:9

bluidkiti 05-25-2016 09:03 AM

May 25

Titus 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,

Psalm 146:7 (NIV) ...The Lord sets prisoners free.

Thought: Living with guilt is no way to live. God forgives anything you've done.

I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life. - John 5:24

James 1:19 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

1 Peter 5:6 NIV Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

"For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness." 2 Samuel 22:29

bluidkiti 05-26-2016 08:56 AM

May 26

Psalm 146:8 (ERV) ...The Lord helps those who are in trouble...

Thought: He knows. He's not surprised. It's ok to tell Him all about it.

Everyone was amazed and gave praise to God. They were filled with awe and said, "We have seen remarkable things today." —Luke 5:26

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name; make known among the nations what he has done. Psalm 105:1

dwmoeller 05-27-2016 08:39 AM

Because of His words many more became believers - John 4:11

Thought: Jesus' words still work faith today. Share them.

bluidkiti 05-27-2016 08:49 AM

May 27

Psalm 146:8 (NIRV) ...The Lord lifts up those who feel helpless...

Thought: When you're broken, you're on the verge of a breakthrough.

Today’s Scripture: Haggai 2:5 (NLT): My Spirit remains among you, just as I promised when you came out of Egypt. So do not be afraid

Today’s Thought: God always keeps His promises. In the above passage He promises His Spirit. That promise is still available today. All we have to do is ask.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your promise. I ask that Your Spirit would fall on me each & everyday. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. "Follow me," Jesus said to him, and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. —Luke 5:27

Acts 20:24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of God’s grace.