Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1040)

bluidkiti 10-16-2013 11:17 AM

October 16

A Time to Think: Daily prayers will diminish your cares. –Author Unknown

To Act: Pray and release your worries.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to persevere in prayer when things seem impossible, knowing that You are the God of possibilities.

bluidkiti 10-17-2013 10:38 AM

October 17

A Time to Think: Worry is a thin stream of fear that trickles through the mind, which, if encouraged, will cut a channel so wide that all other thoughts will be drained out. –Author Unknown

To Act: Focus not on your fears but your strengths.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, we thank You for the comfort you give us, when we come to You.

bluidkiti 10-18-2013 10:14 AM

October 18

A Time to Think: It is in the process of being worshiped that God communicates His presence to men. –C.S. Lewis, author

To Act: Pray God's Word and see your prayer life flourish.

To Pray: Lord, help me to remember in thought and prayer those whom You have brought into my life.

bluidkiti 10-19-2013 09:04 AM

October 20

A Time to Think: You can see God from anywhere if your mind is set to love and obey Him. –A.W. Tozer, Christian pastor and author

To Act: Believe in what you can become.

To Pray: Lord, all things are possible if we believe. Thank you for loving us enough to send what we need.

bluidkiti 10-20-2013 10:54 AM

October 20

A Time to Think: Never say there is nothing beautiful in the world anymore. There is always something to make you wonder in the shape of a tree, the trembling of a leaf. –Albert Schweitzer, theologian and medical doctor

To Act: Take time today to nourish your soul with beauty and silence.

To Pray: Lord, let me see Your beauty in the beautiful things You have made.

bluidkiti 10-21-2013 10:29 AM

October 21

A Time to Think: Spread out your petition before God, and then say, "Thy will, not mine, be done." The sweetest lesson I have learned in God's school is to let the Lord choose for me. –D.L. Moody, evangelist

To Act: Resolve not to magnify small problems.

To Pray: Lord, grant me the wisdom to enjoy what I have.

bluidkiti 10-22-2013 10:40 AM

October 22

A Time to Think: May not a single moment of my life be spent outside the light, love and joy of God's presence and not a moment without the entire surrender of myself as a vessel for Him to fill full of His Spirit and His love. –Andrew Murray, author

To Act: Surrender your life to God and every experience will grow increasingly more wonderful.

To Pray: Lord, You have redeemed me and claimed me and given me a strength that is not my own.

bluidkiti 10-23-2013 09:44 AM

October 23

A Time to Think: Our prayers run along one road and God's answers by another, and by and by they meet. –Adoniram Judson, missionary

To Act: Allow your dreams to energize you.

To Pray: Understanding Father, our dreams are changed because You have a better road for us to travel, one that brings us closer to You.

bluidkiti 10-24-2013 10:27 AM

October 24

A Time to Think: Leave the broken, irreversible past in God's hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him. –Oswald Chambers, author and evangelist

To Act: Never talk defeat, for if you do, you can talk yourself into accepting it.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to take the time to be strong in my faith through prayer and Scripture study.

bluidkiti 10-25-2013 12:04 PM

October 25

A Time to Think: Faith is realizing that I am useful to God not in spite of my scars but because of them. –Pamela Reeve, author

To Act: Turn to God's word to live your best life.

To Pray: Lord, help me hear Your call and serve You joyfully.

bluidkiti 10-26-2013 11:14 AM

October 26

A Time to Think: Only if we trust God to turn past calamities into future comfort can we look with gratitude for all things. –John Piper, preacher and author

To Act: Always be ready to learn and grow.

To Pray: Lord, light my way along Your path so that all I do leads me toward the destination You have in mind.

bluidkiti 10-27-2013 10:52 AM

October 27

A Time to Think: It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. –Anonymous

To Act: When fear comes, counter it with an affirmation of faith.

To Pray: Father, Your love surrounds us; there is no need to fear.

bluidkiti 10-28-2013 11:19 AM

October 28

A Time to Think: Blessings can come in a number of ways. The Lord doesn't give you what you want, the Lord gives you what you need. –Eric Davis, former professional baseball player

To Act: Find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings.

To Pray: Beloved Father, help me share the blessings You have given me.

bluidkiti 10-29-2013 08:48 AM

October 29

A Time to Think: A day of worry is more exhausting than a day of work. –Sir John Lubbock

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Lord, keep my eyes on You today and not on my fears.

bluidkiti 10-30-2013 09:50 AM

October 30

A Time to Think: I do not understand the mystery of grace—only that it meets us where we are, but does not leave us where it found us. –Anne Lamott, author

To Act: Face every situation with faith in your heart.

To Pray: God, when I am tempted to fear, help me to choose faith instead.