Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9338)

bluidkiti 08-01-2016 07:34 AM

Bible Verses - August

August 1

Mark 10:45 For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Psalm 77:20 (NIV) You led Your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.

Thought: God still uses people every day to accomplish His plans. Are you available?

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:17 (NLT): Show respect for everyone. Love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God. Show respect for the king.

Today’s Thought: Respect & love are very important. When someone looks at your life, what will they say? You are full of love or hate? If hate, you can start over today.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me. I ask that You help to me love & respect others. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail. — Isaiah. 51:6

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. Psalm 8:1

Psalm 119:114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

Matthew 22:37 NIV Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

2 Corinthians 3:15-18

Even to this day when Moses is read, a veil covers their hearts. But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

bluidkiti 08-02-2016 11:14 AM

August 2

So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord-who is the Spirit-makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image. - 2 Corinthians 3:18

Ecclesiastes 5:19-20 — Moreover, when God gives someone wealth and possessions, and the ability to enjoy them, to accept their lot and be happy in their toil — this is a gift of God. They seldom reflect on the days of their life, because God keeps them occupied with gladness of heart.

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Psalm 119:111 NIV Your statutes are my heritage forever; they are the joy of my heart.

“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold. Ephesians 4:26-27

Psalm 84:1-2 (NIV) - How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

bluidkiti 08-03-2016 07:59 AM

August 3

Proverbs 2:6 For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Colossians 3:15 — Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

Zechariah 14:9 And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Psalm 145:1

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1

bluidkiti 08-04-2016 09:58 AM

August 4

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

Isaiah 50:7b (NIV) Therefore I have set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.

Thought: Your resolve comes from your Redeemer.

Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other. No one has ever seen God. But if we love each other, God lives in us, and his love is brought to full expression in us. - 1 John 4:11-12

Those who had been scattered preached the word wherever they went. —Acts 8:4

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. — Galatians 5:16

Jeremiah 33:2-3 - 2 “This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: 3 ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’

1 Timothy 6:17-19 NIV Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. In this way they will lay up treasure for themselves as a firm foundation for the coming age, so that they may take hold of the life that is truly life.

I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Isaiah 44:22

Psalm 84:1-2 (NIV) - How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

bluidkiti 08-05-2016 10:05 AM

August 5

Luke 6:37 “Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Psalm 119:130 The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

Psalm 34:10 NIV The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25

Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

bluidkiti 08-06-2016 09:36 AM

August 6

Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God's right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. - Colossians 3:1-2

Psalm 119:160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

1 John 4:21 NIV And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27

Mark 11:25 And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins.”

bluidkiti 08-07-2016 10:48 AM

August 7

Isaiah 33:22
For the Lord is our judge,
the Lord is our lawgiver,
the Lord is our king;
it is he who will save us.

Psalms 18:28 For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness.

Mark 8:34-35 NIV Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it."

Psalm 18:1-3
I love you, Lord, my strength.

The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I called to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and I have been saved from my enemies.

Psalm 121:1-2 (NIV) - I lift up my eyes to the mountains- where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

bluidkiti 08-08-2016 08:06 AM

August 8

Isaiah 50:10 (NIV) Let him who walks in the dark, who has no light, trust in the name of the Lord...

Thought: There's a turning point in every tough spot. Jesus always hears His name whether you whisper or yell.

Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your hope as a believer, always be ready to explain it. - 1 Peter 3:15

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:25 (NLT): Once you were wandering like lost sheep. But now you have turned to your Shepherd, the Guardian of your souls.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it wonderful to know that God guards our soul? This doesn’t mean we will not have trials. It does mean, however, that we have someone to lean on when life gets almost unbearable. He will never leave nor forsake you (see John 14:16) and will never put on you more then you can bear.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for guarding my soul & never leaving my. I pray that You help me put my full trust in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. — 1 Peter 2:12

Psalm 149:4 For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory.

Psalm 119:105 NIV Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.

Romans 10:9-10 - 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

dwmoeller 08-08-2016 03:03 PM

Everything is possible for him who believes. - Mark 9:23

Thought: A little faith in Jesus opens a world of possibilities!

bluidkiti 08-09-2016 10:03 AM

August 9

Psalm 103:12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Luke 12:6-7 - 6 Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God. 7 Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

dwmoeller 08-10-2016 09:21 AM

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief." - Mark 9:24

Thought: Find it hard to believe? Let Jesus help.

bluidkiti 08-10-2016 09:23 AM

August 10

Luke 6:38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behavior. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. - Ephesians 4:31-32

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. — Colossians 4:5

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.

Hebrews 13:5 NIV Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.

Matthew 5:44-48 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Psalm 37:3-4 (NIV) - Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Lamentations 3:31-32 - 31 For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. 32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.

bluidkiti 08-11-2016 10:32 AM

August 11

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Matthew 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you. —Romans 8:11

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

Who is wise and understanding among you? Let them show it by their good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom. James 3:13

dwmoeller 08-12-2016 08:31 AM

It is for freedom that Christ set us free. Galatians 5:1

Thought: Set free, Live free with Jesus!

bluidkiti 08-12-2016 08:56 AM

August 12

2 Timothy 2:22 — Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." —John 8:12

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 - 19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20 you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.

Matthew 7:7 "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I have set my heart on your laws. Psalm 119:30

2 Peter 1:2 (NIV) - Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord

For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister. Hebrews 6:10

Habakkuk 3:17-18 - 17 Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, 18 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.

bluidkiti 08-13-2016 10:45 AM

August 13

Proverbs 3:5-6 - 5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; 6 in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 3:8 (NLT): Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds.

Today’s Thought: Being in one mind, working together and being sympathetic towards each other goes a long way. We are here for one purpose: to lead people to Christ. Imagine how many more lives can be touched if we all would work together!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me work together with my fellow brothers & sisters so more people will come to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Isaiah 33:2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

bluidkiti 08-14-2016 07:57 AM

August 14

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ. - Colossians 3:23-24

James 4:10 (NIV) - Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 - 16 May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

bluidkiti 08-15-2016 07:55 AM

August 15

For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." —Romans 8:15

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

2 Timothy 1:7 NIV For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

dwmoeller 08-15-2016 10:21 AM

Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? - Romans 8:35

Thought:

Love so great:
Christ died for us;
Christ lives for us.

bluidkiti 08-16-2016 07:46 AM

August 16

Psalm 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: The Lord’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers. But they delight in the law of the LORD, meditating on it day and night. - Psalm 1:1-2

John 13:34-35 NIV "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Psalm 34:4-8

I sought the Lord, and he answered me;
he delivered me from all my fears.
Those who look to him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
This poor man called, and the Lord heard him;
he saved him out of all his troubles.
The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.

Taste and see that the Lord is good;
blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

James 1:2-4 - 2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

dwmoeller 08-16-2016 09:10 AM

Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me. - Mark 9:37

Thought: Bring the little children to Jesus.

bluidkiti 08-17-2016 09:44 AM

August 17

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. - 1 Peter 5:6

Psalm 73:26 —

My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. — 2 Peter 3:8

Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Luke 6:38

O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together. Psalms 34:3

dwmoeller 08-18-2016 07:08 AM

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. - Galatians 1:3

Thought: Know God's grace in Christ and live in peace.

bluidkiti 08-18-2016 08:02 AM

August 18

Psalm 19:1 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. —Romans 8:18

Ecclesiastes 5:19 NIV When God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work -- this is a gift of God.

James 1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

bluidkiti 08-19-2016 09:08 AM

August 19

1 John 3:18 “Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth.”

Psalm 65:3 — When we were overwhelmed by sins, you forgave our transgressions.

It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.'" — Romans 14:11

You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:13

Psalm 149:4-5 (NIV) - For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Let his faithful people rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds.

Romans 1:17 For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

bluidkiti 08-20-2016 08:28 AM

August 20

The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself. — Galatians 5:14

Psalm 16:8 I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

1 Corinthians 16:14 NIV Do everything in love.

bluidkiti 08-21-2016 10:01 AM

August 21

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 4:1-2 (NLT): So then, since Christ suffered physical pain, you must arm yourselves with the same attitude he had, and be ready to suffer, too. For if you are willing to suffer for Christ, you have decided to stop sinning. And you won't spend the rest of your life chasing after evil desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God.

Today’s Thought: We are in a constant war within ourselves. Our flesh loves sin, but, our Spirit hates it. How do you fight it? Stay in the Word of God – constantly. Another thing that helps is to play worship music whenever you can. When you sin, repent right away & turn away from it.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me keep my eyes on You always. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. — Philippians 4:8

Psalm 42:8
By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 63:1 NIV O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold. Proverbs 22:1

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

bluidkiti 08-22-2016 08:27 AM

August 22

Psalms 139:23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

Job 12:10 (NIV) In His hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.

Romans 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?

Matthew 5:13-16 NIV "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” John 6:29

James 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

dwmoeller 08-22-2016 08:36 AM

Carry each other's burdens. - Galatians 6:2

Thought: Helping hands lighten many loads.

bluidkiti 08-23-2016 09:35 AM

August 23

For the LORD delights in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. - Psalm 149:4

Psalm 94:18-19
18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,”
your unfailing love, Lord, supported me.
19 When anxiety was great within me,
your consolation brought me joy.

1 Corinthians 1:10 NIV I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

bluidkiti 08-24-2016 07:51 AM

August 24

Philippians 139:23 for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.

Control your temper, for anger labels you a fool. - Ecclesiastes 7:9

Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." — John 20:29

Psalm 116
1 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice;
he heard my cry for mercy.
2 Because he turned his ear to me,
I will call on him as long as I live.

Psalm 103:1-5
Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name’s sake. Psalm 79:9

1 Chronicles 16:10 Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice.

dwmoeller 08-24-2016 08:11 AM

God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5

Thought: However bleak the moment, God is there for you.

bluidkiti 08-25-2016 07:55 AM

August 25

2 Samuel 7:14 (NIV) I will be his father, and he will be my son.

Thought: God still fills voids. Let him fill yours.

Kind words are like honey-sweet to the soul and healthy for the body. - Proverbs 16:24

Isaiah 40:28 NIV Do you not know? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Matthew 5:14

dwmoeller 08-25-2016 08:33 AM

When I am weak, then I am strong - 2 Corinthians 12:10

Thought: I am never so strong as when I have nothing left but Christ.

bluidkiti 08-26-2016 08:20 AM

August 26

1 Corinthians 2:9 However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” - the things God has prepared for those who love him

2 Samuel 7:20 (NIV) "What more can David say to you? For You know Your servant, O Sovereign Lord."

Thought: He knows you, too.

But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. - 2 Thessalonians 3:3

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God’s will. —Romans 8:26-27

Romans 12:4-5 - 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Galatians 6:10 NIV Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. Ephesians 1:17

And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the LORD; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation. Isaiah 25:9

dwmoeller 08-26-2016 09:28 AM

An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up. - Proverbs 12:25

Thought: Cheer others up today. Remind them of Jesus' love.

bluidkiti 08-27-2016 07:46 AM

August 27

2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life — not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you! - Isaiah 26:3

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3 (NLT): As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness!

Today’s Thought: God promises us that He will take care of us. We need to trust Him always, especially when you are in a situation when only He can help. He never fails!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always taking care of me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what the circumstances are. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

bluidkiti 08-28-2016 10:00 AM

August 28

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Hear me as I pray, OLORD. Be merciful and answer me! - Psalm 27:7

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. —Romans 8:28

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. — James 1:12

John 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Jesus replied, “Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and it will be done.” Matthew 21:21

1 Thessalonians 5:9-11 (NIV) - For God did not appoint us to suffer wrath but to receive salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

bluidkiti 08-29-2016 06:48 AM

August 29

Don't you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you? - 1 Corinthians 3:16

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-7 (NLT): So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone.

Today’s Thought: God promises us if we apply the above to our life that we will reap great benefits. Let’s try our best to live this way.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me have more faith & live a moral life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. — Ephesians 6:13

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

"As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." Ezekiel 34:12

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

bluidkiti 08-30-2016 09:21 AM

August 30

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Give your burdens to the LORD, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. - Psalm 55:22

Psalm 124:7-8 —

We have escaped like a bird
from the fowler’s snare;
the snare has been broken,
and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. — Hebrews 12:1

Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 NIV If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs.

Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. Proverbs 16:3