Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10395)

bluidkiti 01-16-2017 08:49 AM

January 16

Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

"But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand." Isaiah 64:8

Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Matthew 26:41

Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?" John 11:25-26

‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3

Psalm 138:8, ESV "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever…"

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. - Psalm 84:11

Isaiah 40:28-31 — Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

When we are exhausted, when we wonder how we can continue, Isaiah reminds us to turn our eyes to the all-knowing, sustaining, and creating God. Strength from him in this context comes not from self-improvement but from waiting on the Lord who promises to sustain us as we make this pilgrim journey. Christians can see clearly why we are free to wait on the Lord. For God used his resources of wisdom, power and creation to send his own Son to do all that we cannot do, and to suffer the penalty of all that we have done wrongly. Nothing is left but to wait on the Lord, trusting him and walking with him in quiet confidence and courage.

Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. — Romans 12:9

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

bluidkiti 01-17-2017 03:03 AM

January 17

We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” – Romans 15:1-3

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11

John 15:4, NIV "Remain in me, as I also remain in you...."

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." Psalms 5:11

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. Psalm 56:3

Psalm 19:14, KJV "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer."

Jeremiah 31:20 (NIV) "I still remember him. Therefore my heart yearns for him; I have great compassion for him," declares the Lord.

Thought: That's exactly how God feels about you!

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7

Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Proverbs 16:3, NIV "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. John 10:9

Revelation 22:21 "The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all."

Psalm 104:24 (NIV) How many are your works, O Lord! In wisdom you made them all...

Thought: Count yourself special. God does!

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. —Romans 5:1-2

Psalm 46:1-3 1 God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. 2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, 3 though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging.

bluidkiti 01-18-2017 08:03 AM

January 18

May he grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed. - Psalm 20:4

Ephesians 3:20-21 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

To the person who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge and happiness. (Ecclesiastes 2:26)

Psalm 103:2, NLT Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me.

"But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation." Psalms 13:5

Leviticus 19:18, NIV "Never seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

Jeremiah 31:16 (NIV) "Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded," declares the Lord.

Thought: It can be hard to get over the hump. But God's pulling you!

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. - Psalm 29:11

And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.” – Matthew 10:42

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him. (Romans 8:28)

Psalm 86:4 — Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.

Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. —Romans 5:3-4

Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.
Worship the Lord with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.
Know that the Lord is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled."
Matthew 5:6

bluidkiti 01-19-2017 07:16 AM

January 19

During the night the mystery was revealed to Daniel in a vision. Then Daniel praised the God of heaven and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. I thank and praise you, O God of my fathers: You have given me wisdom and power, you have made known to me what we asked of you, you have made known to us the dream of the king. Daniel 2:19-23

"For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Luke 6:27, ESV "But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you."

Psalm 104:34 (NIV) May my meditation be pleasing to Him...

Thought: What's in your mind matters to God.

Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time! - Proverbs 15:23

Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.” “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.” – Mark 3:31-35

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9

Habakkuk 3:19 The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.

bluidkiti 01-20-2017 09:10 AM

January 20

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

The one who calls you is faithful, and he will do it. 1 Thessalonians 5:24

Ephesians 4:31-32, NIV "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you."

and said: “Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are his. He changes times and seasons; he deposes kings and raises up others. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. – Daniel 2:20-21

Psalm 119:114 You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.

bluidkiti 01-21-2017 10:23 AM

January 21

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.v

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid." Matthew 5:14

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the LORD is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

bluidkiti 01-22-2017 10:02 AM

January 22

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to their cry. Psalm 34:15

Matthew 11:28, ESV "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit. 2 Corinthians 3:18

Psalm 29:11 The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace.

bluidkiti 01-23-2017 05:09 AM

January 23

"For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end;" Hebrews 3:14

Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

John 10:10, ESV "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly."

Psalm 105:33 (NIV) I will sing to the Lord all my life; I will sign praise to my God as long as I live.

Thought: Mondays don't have to be humdrum. Focus your heart on God's greatness.

My father taught me, "Take my words to heart. Follow my commands, and you will live." - Proverbs 4:4

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. —2 Corinthians 12:9

Gray hair is a crown of splendor; it is attained by a righteous life. — Proverbs 16:31

Philippians 4:13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

bluidkiti 01-24-2017 09:08 AM

January 24

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Colossians 3:23-24

Well done, good and faithful servant!... Come and share your master's happiness! (Matthew 25:21)

So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12

Show me the right path, O LORD; point out the road for me to follow. - Psalm 25:4

If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose. Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4

Today’s Scripture: I Corinthians 2:13 (NLT): When we tell you these things, we do not use words that come from human wisdom. Instead, we speak words given to us by the Spirit, using the Spirit’s words to explain spiritual truths.

Today’s Thought: When you do not know what to say, God always knows! This is why we must be in tune with His Spirit. If you ask Him to guide and lead you in what to say, guess what, He will!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that You guide and lead me as I talk to people today. Give me the words to say that will show them how much You love them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 105:1-8

Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always.

Remember the wonders he has done,
his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced,
you his servants, the descendants of Abraham,
his chosen ones, the children of Jacob.
He is the Lord our God;
his judgments are in all the earth.

He remembers his covenant forever,
the promise he made, for a thousand generations,

Isaiah 40:29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.

bluidkiti 01-25-2017 08:12 AM

January 25

Psalm 94:19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

"Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart." Psalms 119:2

Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

Isaiah 61:10 (NIV) I delight greatly in the Lord; my soul rejoices in my God. For He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness.

Thought: Your worst sin ever, totally wiped out, forgiven and forgotten. Give thanks to God.

Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. - Psalm 86:11

Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. – 1 Peter 4:10-11

God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have shown Him. Hebrews 6:10

Mark 5:27-34

When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, because she thought, “If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed.” Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.

At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”

“You see the people crowding against you,” his disciples answered, “and yet you can ask, ‘Who touched me?’ ”

But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering.”

Blessed is the man you discipline, O LORD, the man you teach from your law. Psalm 94:12

Ephesians 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

bluidkiti 01-26-2017 08:21 AM

January 26

"For we walk by faith, not by sight" 2 Corinthians 5:7

Psalm 43:5, NLT "…I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God!"

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.' - John 7:38

So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. (John 8:36)

"I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD, and there is no other." Isaiah 45:5-6

Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.

dwmoeller 01-26-2017 09:09 AM

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Thought: Calloused hands mean you've used them for their purpose. Work with God today.

bluidkiti 01-27-2017 07:58 AM

January 27

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" Psalms 133:1

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry. James 1:19

And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life." - Revelation 21:6

He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers. —Psalm 1:3

A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed. — Proverbs 11:25

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

dwmoeller 01-27-2017 08:31 AM

Give and it will be given to you. - Luke 6:38

Thought: Today pass out joy, smiles, love, encouragement. See your return doubled!

bluidkiti 01-28-2017 09:53 AM

January 28

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.”

2 Corinthians 6:18, NLT "And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."

But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life. - John 4:14

Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow. – Isaiah 1:17

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD. Psalm 150:6

A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor. — Proverbs 22:9