Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Forum (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   "New Life" Program (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2134)

MajestyJo 01-01-2014 12:35 AM

"New Life" Program

Quote:

1. I have a life-threatening problem that once had me. I now take charge of my life and my disease. I accept the responsibility.

2. Negative thoughts destroy only myself. My first conscious sober act must be to remove negativity from my life.

3. Happiness is a habit I will develop. Happiness is created, not waited for.

4. Problems bother me only to the degree I permit them to. I now better understand my problems and do not permit problems to overwhelm me.

5. I am what I think. I am a capable, competent, caring, compassionate woman.

6. Life can be ordinary or it can be great. Greatness is mine by a conscious effort.

7. Love can change the course of my world. Caring becomes all important.

8. The fundamental object of life is emotional and spiritual growth. Daily I put my life into a proper order, knowing which are the priorities.

9. The past is gone forever. No longer will I be victimized by the past. I am a new person.

10. All love given returns. I will learn to know that others love me.

11. Enthusiams is my daily exercise. I treasure all moments of my new life.

12. I am a competent woman and have much ti give life. This is what I am and I shall know it always.

13. I am responsible for myself and for my actions. I am in charge of my mind, my thoughts, and my life.

- WFS, INC.

To make the program effective for you, arise each morning fifteen minutes earlier than usual and go over the Thirteen Acceptance Statements. Then begin to think about each one by itself. Take one Statement and use it consciously all day. At the end of the day, review the use of it and what effects it had that day for you and your actions. Keeping a daily journal is helpful during this time.
I went in early recovery and I don't think I would have stayed sober with just their program. In fact, I vowed I would never go back there, and I ended up going to the meetings 12 1/2 years later, mainly because I moved into an apartment, just down the street from the meeting.

I find them a positive solution in today, and I think each one has their own HP although it certainly isn't discussed at length like our fellowships. For me, when I surrender to my Higher Power, I am empowered to do what I need to do for myself. That is getting rid of the negative and replacing the positive. This is what I find here, looking at how I can change that "challenge" in today to something positive and worthwhile in my life.

MajestyJo 01-16-2014 02:35 AM

We will find a new freedom and happiness. The first promise and that was all I wanted when I came into recovery, only to find that the rest came too, many times over. As I worked the progam, I found a new way of life and thinking.

Many programs can help you get there, and it all boils down to the same thing: Finding self-honesty, being open to new concepts and ideas, and the willingness to go to any length to stay clean and sober.

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/mtp/mtp4.jpg

MajestyJo 08-12-2014 09:11 AM

Unconditional Love

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/angel140.jpg

I can start the day without caffeine,

I can get going without pep pills,

I can always be cheerful, ignoring aches and pains,

I can resist complaining and boring people with my troubles,

I can eat the same food every day and be grateful for it,

I can understand when my loved ones are too busy to give me any time,

I can overlook it when the ones I love take it out on me when, through no fault of mine, something goes wrong,

I can take criticism and blame without resentment,

I can ignore a friend's limited education and never correct him,

I can resist treating a rich friend better than a poor friend,

I can face the world full of lies and deceit,

I can conquer tension without medical help,

I can relax without liquor,

I can sleep without the aid of drugs.

Who else gives unconditional love?

Some of these God and I are still working on.

MajestyJo 08-14-2014 12:55 AM

So many program laid out to help us get clean and sober. A lot of them are based on the 12 Step programs, they just lay it out so the part they don't like, they can change.

For me it is a spiritual program. I went to several meetings over the years to Women For Sobriety. They were what I needed at that time. I left because I didn't find it spiritually to my liking, to much of the "I" was emphasized and it was me, myself and I, that got me to the doors of recovery.

You have to be willing to be clean and sober. You can't sit back and let your God do it for you, that is USING. We go to our God for the good orderly direct, strength, courage, love and support, to go through what we need to do to stay clean and sober.

Keep an open mind and you will find what is right for you.

MajestyJo 09-23-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Using a metaphor, like the old-timers' did to explain a thought in simple terms, I would liken the AA cliches' to ammunition to be used in the trenches of daily living while the 12 steps remain our battle plan.

During the "work-a-day" world we may not have time to contemplate a particular step but we can fire a bullet on the spot such as "and this too shall pass", easy does it, first things first, what does this mean over a life time etc.

During the sixties and seventies, the old-timers placed a great emphasis on these "bullets". I know they can get us through some difficult moments of life.

My favourite bullet has always been "and this too shall pass". Over the years everything has passed and is now history. This gives me a perspective on the happenings of reality.

Five months ago, my wife had back surgery. She was in intense pain up till last week when the pain began to subside. Another example of of my favourite cliche. BTW, she is sober on AA for 29 years and never asked for a drink to eliminate the pain. She knows DINAO (drinking is *not* an option, no matter what).

Do you have a favourite "bullet", I know I missed a lot of them.

Still "muddling through a day at a time".............T.
Mine, has been:

Let go, Let God
Remember When, before recover and early recovery
Just for Today, I choose not to use
Acceptance in the moment, knowing things are subject to change
One day at a time, a day can start any time
Progress, not perfection. Perfection is part of my disease.
Which Step are you on? Some days, I need all 12. The same thing with bullets, or slogans, or what ever name you call them, they all have their purpose and are applicable to all parts of my life.

Quote:

My very first sponsor in AA was real fond of the slogan
THIS TOO SHALL PASS. In fact it was her answer for everything!!! I
got real impatient and wanted times dates and places as to when it would pass exactly!!! She gave me a bumper sticker with THIS TOO SHALL
PASS on it and it is mounted on a piece of wood and hangs over my
toilet!!!! That will pass for sure!!!! I have hung it over every toilet I have had for the past 23 years---Too much information??? LOL
Sorry if it is!!! Had to share this it was a burning desire! ....M.E.
The other was the ability to be able to laugh at myself! Don't take myself so seriously.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...2dcPDh7Iv1WDiz

MajestyJo 09-26-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

I have the personal power to influence my day; I will make it a good one.

Each Day a New Beginning

Today's reading gave me pause for thought. I love the saying "An attitude of gratitude." What I put into today, I will get back.

When I surrender each day, each person, place, or thing in my life over to my Higher Power, I am empowered to do wht I need to do for myself, one day at a time.

For me, that is the program! I can't, God can, just for today, I choose to let Him. Yet in letting my God, I can't sit back and let Him do all the work. I need to do the foot work. The action often needs to be taken to change my attitude or I need to change the attitude so i can take action.

It is how I go about it! Do I go about things with a positive feeling, a thankful heart or just wishful thinking; will little trust and no faith that things will turn out.

Personal empowerment is not self-centered. It is living God-centered. I am not the power. I am empowered by the God of my understanding.
Posted in 2010 on another site.

I may not get back from the same source that I give to, so I must not focus expectations on that person. Giving isn't about expecting something back in return, it is unconditional.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...ngels/0441.gif

MajestyJo 09-28-2014 07:42 PM

The following is a post I made on another site in 2011:

GOD'S HANDS

Quote:

When we look back, we realize that the things which came to us when we put ourselves in God's hands were better than anything we could have planned.

Alcoholics Anonymous p. 100

Got this from As Bill Sees It* today and it is something that expresses how I have been feeling. There is nothing I can do, other than do the do things each day, put turn things over and leave them in His Hands.

I need to eat properly. I need to get my rest. I need to do my meditation and prayers. I need to meet my daily commitments both in my home and on the internet.

Many years ago, I put my life into God's Hands. I didn't know what my purpose was. I questioned my reason for being. The answer I got was, "Carry the message to the message of recovery to those who still suffer."

So unless He changes His mind, I will be here!

* Never knew that the book was called "The AA Way of Life." It just goes to show how we can be so selective in our vision, hearing, and choices and are often unable to see the whole picture. Every time I open a book, I see something new. The news never becomes old!
You have to believe when you have been touched by God's Hands.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...JoZYxWJu8W3TEk