Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - June (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9053)

bluidkiti 06-01-2016 09:03 AM

Bible Verses - June

June 1

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Psalm 77:19 (NIV) Your path led through the sea, Your way through the mighty waters, though Your footprints were not seen.

Thought: Not seeing and believing -- that's what faith is all about.

Proverbs 3:11-12 NIV My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.

bluidkiti 06-02-2016 08:47 AM

June 2

Psalm 147:4 (NIV) He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name.

Thought: Yes, God can handle what's on your plate. He's done a few big things before.

So now I am giving you a new commandment: Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. - John 13:34-35

John 15:12-13 — My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

We are to love each other as Jesus loved us, and he loved us enough to give his life for us. We may not have to die for someone, but there are other ways to practice sacrificial love: listening, helping, encouraging, giving. Think of someone in particular who needs that kind of love today. Give all the love you can, and then try to give a little more. John 15:17 - "This is my command - love each other."

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

dwmoeller 06-03-2016 07:03 AM

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. - Proverbs 4:23

Thought: Set your heart on what is good and praiseworthy.

bluidkiti 06-03-2016 09:25 AM

June 3

Psalm 147:3 (NIV) He heals those who have a broken heart. He heals their sorrows.

Thought: Jesus is a great heart doctor. Let Him work on you.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 2:14 (NLT): In everything you do, stay away from complaining and arguing,

Today’s Thought: It is important to stay away from complaining & arguing. Our words can either build someone up or tear someone down. Which will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to complain or argue with anyone today. Instead let me build someone up. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 143:6 NIV I spread out my hands to you; my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. Matthew 5:6

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:16

bluidkiti 06-04-2016 09:44 AM

June 4

Have mercy on me, OGod, because of your unfailing love. Because of your great compassion, blot out the stain of my sins. Wash me clean from my guilt. Purify me from my sin. - Psalm 51:1-2

1 Chronicles 29:11 Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.

bluidkiti 06-05-2016 07:09 AM

June 5

We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God's throne. - Hebrews 12:2

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 3:1 (NLT): Whatever happens, dear brothers and sisters, may the Lord give you joy. I never get tired of telling you this. I am doing this for your own good.

Today’s Thought: Joy is a fruit that comes from spending time with God. He wants us to have a life full of joy. If you do not have joy today, ask God to give it to you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You give me a life full of joy. Help me to remember that whatever comes my way You have a plan for it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Job 19:25 I know that my redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

bluidkiti 06-06-2016 07:56 AM

June 6

Psalm 145:13 (NIV) ...The Lord is faithful to all His promises and loving toward all He has made.

Thought: The Bible is full of blessings. Open the book and take a look.

My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. - Galatians 2:20

1 Samuel 16:7b — "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. —Matthew 6:6

Ephesians 3:17-19 - 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. Revelation 3:20

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

bluidkiti 06-07-2016 10:17 AM

June 7

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

Psalm 145:21 (NIV) My mouth will speak in praise of the Lord...

Thought: Words matter. Use them to lead people to Christ.

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 3:6 (NLT): And zealous? Yes, in fact, I harshly persecuted the church. And I obeyed the Jewish law so carefully that I was never accused of any fault.

Today’s Thought: Isn’t it wonderful to know that no matter what sins we’ve committed in the past, Jesus will forgive us! However, the hard part is forgiving ourselves. Today, let’s realize that if we have repented, that sin is gone. Do not live in guilt – instead bind it & cast it out in Jesus’ name!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You so much for forgiving me! I ask that You help me not to live in condemnation. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

1 Samuel 16:7b — "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2 Timothy 1:7

bluidkiti 06-08-2016 09:38 AM

June 8

Psalm 145:18 (ERV) The Lord is near to everyone who sincerely calls to Him for help.

Thought: Something very special happens when we pray.

Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything. - Proverbs 13:3

Habakkuk 3:19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights.

Psalm 25:6,7 NIV Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old. Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD.

His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 2 Peter 1:3

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. 1 John 3:23

1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.

bluidkiti 06-09-2016 08:50 AM

June 9

1 John 4:21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Psalm 145:20 (NIV) The Lord watches over all who love Him...

Thought: He's got His eyes on you.

Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone. - Colossians 4:5-6

Today’s Scripture: John 3:21 (NLT): But those who do what is right come to the light gladly, so everyone can see that they are doing what God wants."

Today’s Thought: We need to try to live a life beyond reproach. People are watching whether we realize it or not. Let’s live a life where others will notice a difference about us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live my life in a way that unbelievers will ask me what is different about my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 14:1-6
Jesus Comforts His Disciples

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.”
Jesus the Way to the Father

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 1 Timothy 6:11

bluidkiti 06-10-2016 07:57 AM

June 10

Psalm 145:19 (CEB) God shows favor to those who honor Him, listening to their cries for help and saving them.

Thought: Don't hold back. Let it out. Tell God exactly what you need.

The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. - John 1:5

2 Timothy 2:22 — Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Running away is sometimes considered cowardly. But wise people realize that removing themselves physically from temptation often can be the most courageous action to take. Remove yourself physically from any situation that stimulates your desire to sin. Knowing when to run is as important in spiritual battle as knowing when and how to fight.

Colossians 3:13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to your word. Psalm 119:9

Psalm 5:11 (NIV) - But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

dwmoeller 06-10-2016 01:01 PM

You are a shield around me, O Lord. - Psalm 3:3

Thought: I am vulnerable. God is not.

bluidkiti 06-11-2016 08:58 AM

June 11

Matthew 6:3-4 - “But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

I pray that your love will overflow more and more, and that you will keep on growing in knowledge and understanding. For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until the day of Christ's return. - Philippians 1:9-10

Psalm 46:10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”

Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.” Luke 18:27

bluidkiti 06-12-2016 08:57 AM

June 12

Matthew 28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God. - Titus 2:11-12

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1

Luke 3:16 (NIV) - John answered them all, “I baptize you with water. But one who is more powerful than I will come, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Isaiah 46:9 Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me.

bluidkiti 06-13-2016 09:43 AM

June 13

1 John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

Psalm 86:5 (NIV) You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to You.

Thought: Let your guard down. Get to know God...more.

Instead of shame and dishonor, you will enjoy a double share of honor. You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. - Isaiah 61:7

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 2:20 (NLT): Follow the steps of good men instead, and stay on the paths of the righteous.

Today’s Thought: It is good to have people in your life that you can look up to spiritually. Just as a parent trains a child, we must have someone train us in the ways of the Lord.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You put someone in my life that will train me & help me grow in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Colossians 2:6-7 — So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. —Ephesians 6:13

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19