Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Inspirations, Poetry, Quotes, Thoughts, Etc (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Keys For Living (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348)

MajestyJo 06-15-2014 01:19 AM

HELPING THROUGH THE GRIEF

http://angelwinks.net/images/nostalg...algicpod11.jpg

Grief touches all of us. It may be because of a death of a loved one, a loss of a job or tragic life events beyond our control. Grieving hurts and heals. As you read through page, and the other 42 pages in our Helping Through the Grief Section, if you have something you would like to add, please send it here. By sharing, you can help others through their grief.

Love and peace,
Marlene

Bookmark and Share

"Everything happens for a reason. You might ask yourself why, that which you are going through has happened to you, but just understand that you are being made strong. Blaming others simply means you are not in total control of your life so you find someone responsible for your failures. Just don't give up in life. If you can't run, walk; if you can't walk, crawl, if you can't crawl, then roll. Just make sure you keep moving in life. Never give up. Take it one step at a time."

Author Unknown

"Trials are blessings we don't understand yet..."

Written in 2011 by John Giroux --- Kansas
Submitted by Machawe Chaawe Dlamini --- Swaziland

MajestyJo 06-19-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Today's thought is:
God creates. People rearrange.
~Joseph Casey~

Being alive is our invitation to act in fresh, inventive ways. All it takes is concentrating on our inner vision in combination with external reality. The components for accomplishing any task are at our fingertips, awaiting discovery.

Our burdens are lightened when we understand that all situations are resolvable - no mystery need leave us in the dark for long. Just as surely as we each exist, so exists every element we need to solve any problem or chart any new course. Our purpose in life is to select those elements that will satisfy the need. We each have been blessed with this capability for proper selection.

The day promises challenge and many choices. I can successfully handle all possibilities.

You are reading from the book:

The Promise of a New Day by Karen Casey & Martha Vanceburg

Copyright 1983, 1991 by Hazelden Foundation.

Posted this on May 19, 2006
The message is a positive and I had the thought, instead of immersing myself in all the chaos and life's trials and what can be tribulations, we need to draw things around us, protect ourselves, and use the tools of the program, to overcome the challenges, instead of being stuck, and not being able to see the forest for the trees.

We need to go within to find the answers. Yet inside each of us are a lot of old tapes and behaviors that are familiar, fears grounded in our past, and thoughts and feelings that we need to let go of, and learn to live a new life in a new way.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...bears/0245.gif

I was just talking to a friend on line, we talked about this, and taking care of ourselves, so we have to care for others.

MajestyJo 06-21-2014 05:52 AM

Quote:

Why We Feel Pain

If you never felt pain, then how would you know that I am a Healer?

If you never had to pray, How would you know that I am a Deliverer?

If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an over comer?

If you never felt sadness, How would you know that I am a Comforter?

If you never made a mistake, How would you know that I am a forgiver?

If you knew all, How would you know that I will answer your questions?

If you never were in trouble, How would you know that I will come to your rescue

If you never were broken, Then how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem, How would you know that I can solve them?

If you never had any suffering, Then how would you know what I went through?

If you never went through the fire, Then how would you become pure?

If I gave you all things, How would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, How would you know that I love you?

If you had all power, Then how would you learn to depend on me?

If your life was perfect, Then what would you need me for?

Love,
Jesus

God our Father, walk through my house and take away all my worries and illnesses and please watch over and heal my family in Jesus name, Amen.

Found this on JoAnne's Recovery Site

This may be a rerun but it spoke to me today.

As they say, "No pain, no gain." Some days it feels like I am not getting very far.

http://www.angelwinks.net/iq/quick34.jpg

MajestyJo 06-23-2014 07:42 PM

Quote:

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I can wait until all negative and hostile feelings lose their power over me before I say or do anything.

I can take the time to breathe in peace and love, no matter what is going on in my life.
This quote verifies my lack of patience and my response to the person who closed the elevator door on me one morning. I did not practice patience as I said the words to the door. I even had the thought, 'I hope he hears me." I did not yell it, but I did verbalize my cuss words at him.

I am guilty of acting after the fact. When I find myself reacting like that it generally means I need to look at H.A.L.T. It isn't about the other person, it is about me.

I behaved like a child instead of the mature adult that I am, well when I remember to be.

H.A.L.T.
Don't get too Hungry.
Don't get too Angry.
Don't get too Lonely.
Don't get too Tired.

I need to remember that those four letters represent the four parts of my disease:- Mental, Emotional, Spiritual and Physical. I need to make sure I feed, nurture, comfort, and validate each one.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...AtrDpTnmSzt3zQ

MajestyJo 07-04-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Live it well!

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...erubs/0015.gif

You know, time has a way of moving quickly
and catching you unaware of the passing years.

It seems just yesterday that I was a young man,
just married and embarking on my new life with my mate.
And yet in a way, it seems like eons ago,
and I wonder where all the years went.
I know that I lived them all...

And I have glimpses of how it was back then
and of all my hopes and dreams ...
But, here it is...the winter of my life
and it catches me by surprise...

How did I get here so fast?
Where did the years go and
where did my babies go?
And where did my youth go?

I remember well...
seeing older people through the years
and thinking that those older people
were years away from me and
that winter was so far off that
I could not fathom it or
imagine fully what it would be like...

But, here it is...
wife retired and she's really getting gray...
she moves slower and I see an older woman now.
She's in better shape than me...
but, I see the great change...
Not the one I married who was young and vibrant...
but, like me, her age is beginning to show
and we are now those older folks
that we used to see and never thought we'd be.

Each day now,
I find that just getting a shower
is a real target for the day!
And taking a nap is not a treat anymore...
it's mandatory!
Cause if I don't on my own free will...
I just fall asleep where I sit!

And so, now I enter into this
new season of my life unprepared
for all the aches and pains
and the loss of strength and
ability to go and do things.
But, at least I know, that though the winter has come,
and I'm not sure how long it will last...
This I know,
that when it's over...its over....
Yes , I have regrets .
There are things I wish I hadn't done ....
things I should have done .
But indeed , there are many things I'm happy to have done ....
Its all in a lifetime ...

So, if you're not in your winter yet...
let me remind you, that it will be here faster than you think.
So, whatever you would like to accomplish in your life
please do it quickly!

Life goes by quickly
So, do what you can today,
because you can never be sure
whether this is your winter or not!

You have no promise that
you will see all the seasons of your life ...
so, live for good today and
say all the things that you want
your loved ones to remember...

"Life is a gift to you.
The way you live your life is
your gift to those who came after.
Make it a fantastic one."

LIVE IT WELL!!

~author unknown~

Posted in 2010

MajestyJo 07-13-2014 02:59 AM

Quote:

"Experience is not what happens to a man; it is what a man does with what happens to him."

-- Aldous Huxley

"A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

-- George Bernard Shaw

When I read these quotes from my daily reading, I thought of them with regard to my life as an addict prior to recovery. My whole life seemed a mistake, and yet I had to go through what I had to go through to get to the doors of recovery.

Most of my experiences were as a result of living my life through other people and with out much thought of doing what I wanted to do. In fact, there were a lot of things that I always wanted to do, but just never got the chance to do them. Mostly because I spent my money using, but also because the man in my life demand my time, attention, and often my money. I certainly didn't set boundaries.

It seemed like my life was one big mistake. It was very gratifying to find out that just because I made them, didn't mean I was one.

There wasn't a lot of honourable deeds on the whole and yet it wasn't all bad. I volunteered for different organizations like the Cancer society, The Heart Fund, put on Senior Movie Nites and held Euchre parties. The motive wasn't as pure as it has been in recovery, but the thoughts were there. More out of looking for approval and acceptance than with the thought of helping others.

With the Legion and being a Ladies Auxiliary Member, I did a lot of things and was a very outgoing person. It was a prime example of how every time I picked up I gave away a piece of myself. Instead of this outgoing woman who was involved with the community, I became an intoverted person who existed in a small room at the YWCA. Even there, they called me the Den Mother of the Fourth Floor.

What I wasn't doing was taking care of myself. I was too busy caretaking everyone else. I was just marking time and it got so that I needed more and more drugs because I couldn't deal with life and wanted to just hide away and not face it. What had been my best friend had become my enemy and it stopped working for me. It no longer became a coping tool.

I was shutting down and detaching from my family and friends. My life was nothing and I felt even more like nothing, with no self-esteem, respect, worth, care or confidence.

Thank God for recovery and the healing of the 12 Steps and Traditions.
Posted on another site in 2009

http://angelwinks.net/images/kidpod/kidpod1133.jpg

MajestyJo 07-15-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Days of Healing Days of Joy

He has served who now and then Has helped along his fellowmen. .Edgar A. Guest

It's hard to be interested in something that seems too remote. Sure, we're sorry for starving people in faraway places. And the TV news story about whole villages disappearing in an earthquake makes us feel terrible-until the next news story comes on. It doesn't mean we're bad people when we don't respond much to such tragedies. It only means they're not personal - and only the personal is real.

We care most about what we're involved in directly. If we're not personally involved, we're not very
enthusiastic either. If we are the ones starting a new ACOA meeting, setting up the chairs, making the coffee, the success of that meeting means a lot to us. If our children are on drugs, we're not bored by city council meetings where new drug programs are discussed. It's our stake in something that makes it important.

The world doesn't need any more spectators. To feel more alive, we must be more alive. Caring is life and involvement is growth.

Today, I will not sit on the sidelines. I will act on behalf of a good cause that deserves my support.
We need to give to others in order to keep my recovery. It can be in my back yard, someone else's, or I can take it out into the world and help others. We all have different gifts. God given gifts. It is up to us to utilize them. He gave, we receive, and then we pay it forward.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-dogs/0211.gif

MajestyJo 07-22-2014 06:37 PM

http://www.lifeohm.com/wp-content/up...Beginnings.jpg

When is enough, enough? When you think, enough already, I have had enough.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...Ri5rHnv3KN-nvA

MajestyJo 07-24-2014 05:20 PM

Installing Love

Customer Service Rep: Yes, Ma'am, how can I help you today?

Customer: Well, after much consideration, I've decided to install love.
Can you guide me through the process?

CS Rep: Yes, I can help you. Are you ready to proceed?

Customer: Well, I'm not very technical, but I think I'm ready to install
now. What do I do first?

CS Rep: The first step is to open your HEART. Have you located your HEART ma'am?

Customer: Yes I have, but there are several other programs running right now. Is it okay to install while they are running?

CS Rep: What programs are running ma'am?

Customer: Let's see, I have PAST-HURT.EXE, LOW-ESTEEM.EXE, GRUDGE.EXE, and RESENTMENT.COM running right now.

CS Rep: No problem. LOVE will gradually erase PAST-HURT.EXE from your
current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory, but it
will no longer disrupt other programs.

LOVE will eventually overwrite LOW-ESTEEM.EXE with a module of its own
called HIGH- ESTEEM.EXE. However, you have to completely turn off GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM. Those programs prevent LOVE from being properly installed. Can you turn those off ma'am?

Customer: I don't know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?

CS Rep: My pleasure. Go to your Start menu and invoke FORGIVENESS.EXE. Do
this as many times as necessary until GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM have been completely erased.

Customer: Okay, done. LOVE has started installing itself automatically. Is that normal?

CS Rep: Yes. You should receive a message that says it will reinstall for the life of your HEART. Do you see that message?

Customer: Yes I do. Is it completely installed?

CS Rep: Yes, but remember that you have only the base program. You need to
begin connecting to other Heart's in order to get the upgrades.

Customer: Oops. I have an error message already. What should I do?

CS Rep: What does the message say?

Customer: It says "ERROR 412 - PROGRAM NOT RUN ON INTERNAL COMPONENTS." What does that mean?

CS Rep: Don't worry ma'am, that's a common problem. It means that the LOVE
program is set up to run on external HEARTS but has not yet been run on
your HEART. It is one of those complicated programming things, but in
non-technical terms it means you have to "LOVE" your own machine before it
can "LOVE" others.

Customer: So what should I do?

CS Rep: Can you pull down the directory called "SELF-ACCEPTANCE"?

Customer: Yes, I have it.

CS Rep: Excellent. You're getting good at this.

Customer: Thank you.

CS Rep: You're welcome. Click on the following files and then copy them to
the "MYHEART" directory: FORGIVE-SELF.DOC, REALIZE-WORTH.TXT, and
ACKNOWLEDGE-LIMITATIONS.DOC. The system will overwrite any conflicting
files and begin patching any programming. Also, you need to delete
SELF-CRITIC.EXE from all directories, and to make sure it is completely gone and never comes back, you will need to empty your recycle bin.

Customer: Got it. Hey! My HEART is filling up with new files. SMILE.MPG is
playing on my monitor right now and it shows that PEACE.EXE, and
CONTENTMENT.COM are copying themselves all over my HEART. Is this normal?

C Rep: Sometimes. For others it takes a while, but eventually everything
gets downloaded at the proper time.

So, LOVE is installed and running. You should be able to handle it from here.
One more thing before I go.

Customer: Yes?

CS Rep: LOVE is freeware. Be sure to give it and its various modules to
everybody you meet. They will in turn share it with other people and they
will return some similarly cool modules back to you.

Customer: I will. Thanks for your help. By the way, what's your name?

CS Rep: You can call me the Divine Cardiologist, also known as The Great
Physician. Most people feel all they need is an annual checkup to stay
heart-healthy, but the manufacturer suggests a schedule of daily
maintenance for maximum efficiency.

MajestyJo 07-27-2014 03:46 AM

Seven Thoughts about Faith

by Steve Brunkhorst

Faith is respectful. It respects our Creator and the unique purposes He has asked us to fulfill. Faith gives us the belief that we can succeed and the humility to accept success with sincere gratitude.

Faith is action-oriented. It sees what can be
accomplished and encourages us to act on inspired ideas. Faith gets us started -- even if the first actions are small. We affirm that we "can" rather than "can't" and "will" rather than "won't". As a result, we "do".

Faith is compassionate. It recognizes the needs of others and places their welfare first. Faith does not attract success at the expense of other people.

Faith increases when it is shared. When we communicate our faith, we also inspire faith in others. The best way to share faith is through actions.

Faith is diligent. It endures life's winters and greets the springs with vigor and strength. It grants wisdom with each failure. Faith brings hope and turns
misfortune into fortune.

Faith is responsible. It grants courage, resolve and dependability in obtaining the objectives that we seek.

Faith is creative. It begins with love, the foundation of all good things. Faith does not need to compete for success. Rather, it recognizes our capacity to think, create value, and solve problems in new ways.

We talk so much about fear. Fear needs to be replaced by faith.

Faith has been coming up for me. Having faith that this new medication will work. Trying to have faith in my doctor when he says, "It is a good pill. It is not a narcotic." Yet I don't like how it makes me feet and makes my body swell. Faith that things will be alright with my son. Faith that there is always a solution to any challenge, big or small. Have faith that He is ever with me.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...C7Z_o6gZHBn4f8

MajestyJo 07-27-2014 03:50 AM

Quote:

(Romans 10:17 ESV)
So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.

Rom. 10:17
Paul now sums up the argument thus far.
One can come to faith only through hearing the gospel,
and the specific message that must be heard
is the word of Christ,
that is,
the good news about Jesus Christ
as the crucified and risen Savior.

http://www.1828-dictionary.com/d/search/word,faith

FAITH, n. [L. fides, fido, to trust; Gr. to persuade, to draw towards any thing, to conciliate; to believe, to obey. In the Greek Lexicon of Hederic it is said, the primitive signification of the verb is to bind and draw or lead, as signifies a rope or cable. But this remark is a little incorrect. The sense of the verb, from which that of rope and binding is derived, is to strain, to draw, and thus to bind or make fast. A rope or cable is that which makes fast. Heb.]

1. Belief; the assent of the mind to the truth of what is declared by another, resting on his authority and veracity, without other evidence; the judgment that what another states or testifies is the truth. I have strong faith or no faith in the testimony of a witness, or in what a historian narrates.

2. The assent of the mind to the truth of a proposition advanced by another; belief, or probable evidence of any kind.

3. In theology, the assent of the mind or understanding to the truth of what God has revealed. Simple belief of the scriptures, of the being and perfections of God, and of the existence, character and doctrines of Christ, founded on the testimony of the sacred writers, is called historical or speculative faith; a faith little distinguished from the belief of the existence and achievements of Alexander or of Cesar.

4. Evangelical, justifying, or saving faith, is the assent of the mind to the truth of divine revelation, on the authority of God's testimony, accompanied with a cordial assent of the will or approbation of the heart; an entire confidence or trust in God's character and declarations, and in the character and doctrines of Christ, with an unreserved surrender of the will to his guidance, and dependence on his merits for salvation. In other words, that firm belief of God's testimony, and of the truth of the gospel, which influences the will, and leads to an entire reliance on Christ for salvation.
Posted by Mountain Man

MajestyJo 08-07-2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

Shame is a learned response. There is a lot of interest in shame these days in relation to addiction and recovery from addiction. When we start feeling shameful, we leave ourselves and operate much like someone on drugs or alcohol. Nothing clear can get in. Nothing clear can come out.

It is important to remember that shame is learned and that anything that is learned can be unlearned. Shame was used to control us when we were younger, and now we often use it to control others. When we start feeling ashamed, no new information can come in, we canot process information clearly, and we cannot communicate clearly. We are in our addictive disease.

Ir is important to see the role shame has played in our lives. It is also important not to stay stuck in it.

=======================
I found that if I took the thought of me acting out in my disease out of the shame, then there was nothing left. It wasn't the real me, it was my disease that was talking.

I had to share it talk about it, and separate the reality and the real me, from the misconception of my disease and the old tapes of yesterday. As I shared with a friend in a meeting once, of up take the real "me" out of the equation, there isn't much left to the equation. The same held true for blame.

It doesn't mean I can have to condone the acts, I am responsible for them; but I do need to forgive the person, because it was the disease talking, the old tapes running, and me trying to live up to them, and never feeling like I quite measured up.

Yet as they say, if we didn't have the remorse and guilt we wouldn't be alcoholics or addicts. It is a symptom of our dis-ease!
Posted in 2004 on another site.

~SHAME~

Take away the sham and I am left with me. I am not the only one, but I am responsible for my own actions. So many times I was a victim of other people's choices. I didn't know I had an option and felt shame for being there.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/insects-bees/0094.gif

MajestyJo 08-12-2014 08:52 AM

The Lord's Baseball Game

Bob and the Lord stood by to observe a baseball game. The Lord's team was playing Satan's team. The Lord's team was at bat, the score was tied zero to zero, and it was the bottom of the 9th inning with two outs.

They continued to watch as a batter stepped up to the plate whose name was Love. Love swung at the first pitch and hit a single, because Love never fails.

The next batter was named Faith, who also got a single because Faith works with Love. The next batter up was named Godly Wisdom. Satan wound up and threw the first pitch. Godly Wisdom looked it over and let it pass: Ball one.

Three more pitches and Godly Wisdom walked, because Godly Wisdom never swings at what Satan throws. The bases were now loaded. The Lord then turned to Bob and told him He was now going to bring in His star player. Up to the plate stepped Grace. Bob said, "He sure doesn't look like much!"

Satan's whole team relaxed when they saw Grace. Thinking he had won the game, Satan wound up and fired his first pitch. To the shock of everyone, Grace hit the ball harder than anyone had ever seen. But Satan was not worried; his center fielder let very few get by. He went up for the ball, but it went right through his glove, hit him on the head and sent him crashing on the ground; then it continued over the fence for a home run!

The Lord's team won! The Lord then asked Bob if he knew why Love, Faith, and Godly Wisdom could get on base but could not win the game. Bob answered that he did not know why.

The Lord explained, "If your love, faith, and wisdom had won the game you would think you had done it by yourself. Love, Faith and Wisdom will get you on base but only My Grace can get you Home.

Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

Posted on another site in 2004

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/angel83.gif

MajestyJo 08-12-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

The reason I posted it on this column is the last line of this post. Originally posted on The Spirit of Healing.

This post was received from a group called Crystal Folk.

I thank them for giving us permission to use their material. They believe something good is to be shared and passed on to others. We thank them for their caring and sharing.

The following is a meditation site received from this site:

Click here: page2
duwali.homestead.com/page2.html

Click here: 1 Minute Meditation
www.innerspace.org.uk/meditation-minute.htm

I AM
Lordès

meditationcenter.com/

http://www.angelwinks.net/images/angel162.jpg

This website makes no claim to give us instant peace of mind but it does make available a large number of meditation techniques to place us on the path. Instruction is available to those who are new to mediation as well as to those more advanced. This site provides links to 4 basic meditations, core meditations which involve the use of breath and focusing on inner light, meditations to relieve stress through relaxation, healing meditations, and a centering meditation.

Give this site a try. You may find it almost as good as your morning cup of coffee. From the SO Much Love, Juanita
Also from 2004, all links are still working.

MajestyJo 08-17-2014 12:43 PM

Adopt a comfortable, relaxed posture and direct your awareness to your body. When walking, be aware that you are walking; when standing, be aware that you are standing; when sitting, be aware that you are sitting; when lying down, be aware that you are lying down. Be aware of bending down or straightening up, bending forward or backward, lowering or lifting your head, eating, drinking, and so on. You can also be mindful of your breath, as described earlier. Then, concentrate on the various parts of your body, one after the other. Begin with your head, hair, ears, eyes, mouth, teeth, and so on. Send your attention down along your neck, shoulders, arms, hands, and fingernails. Move to the chest, to the waist, and down to the soles of your feet. Go up again. Then visualize the inside of your body: the flesh, the tendons, the bones, the heart, the lungs, the veins and arteries and the blood running through them, the other bodily fluids, the liver, and the intestines. Focus your mindfulness on them. Finally, simple place your awareness on whichever perception of the body arises in your mind.

Matthieu Ricard