Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anger Driven People (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4401)

bluidkiti 08-02-2014 10:48 AM

Anger Driven People

Anger Driven People

Phil 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Phil 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
=================

People's lives are driven by something. What drives your life? In other words what seems to be the major focus of your life that carries over into every area of it?
If the question were put to family and friends, what would they say is the driving force of your life?

The dictionary meaning of the verb drive is "to guide, to control or direct".

Some negatives things that drive people are things such as, anger, fear, materialism, a need for approval , guilt etc..

Anger driven people hold on to the negative things that happen to them in life and never get over them. They don't release pain by giving forgiveness and receiving it as well. What happens is they continually rehearse what "they" did to me, over and over again in their minds and in their conversations. Those things control their lives. You will hear these folks say that they are "hurt". Hurt translates into anger that has never been released from their hearts.

As a result resentment builds up over the course of days, months, or even years. Some people that have resentment built up in them internalize their anger which makes them withdraw and clam up. Others blow up, exploding spewing out their venom on others. Neither of these is good for relationships to be built that are good, productive and Christlike.

The anger driven person is the one who ends up being the worse for wear in all of this. As they hold on tho their pain through their anger and resentment, the person or persons that they are holding on to their anger over is moving on unaffected and the angry person is locked into their past unable to move on to the better things of life that the Lord has for them.

Past hurts and people can only continue to hurt you if you hold on to the pain, anger and resentment. Unless you forgive and let go of it your life will be built on bitterness. One needs to learn from what they have been through and move forward in their life.

Job 5:2 Resentment kills a fool, and envy slays the simple.

Eph 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
Eph 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

Just a thought for today!
Blessings on Ya!
Pastor Kitner

MajestyJo 08-05-2014 12:12 AM

Anger is a Danger to people in recovery. Even justified anger is harmful and can take us back out. Anger can be a motivator. It just needs to be channelled in the right way.

I had to learn to release it in a healthy way, hitting a pillow instead of my ex-husband(s).
I had to learn to walk, especially in nature, which gave me a sense of God being around me. I could get grounded and water is very good for cleansing, a shower is good, but a bubbling brook or waves are much nicer. I always try to say a cleansing prayer asking that all negativity be taken from me, asking for the cleansing of the body, mind, and spirit.

A lot of my anger was compounded interest and my anger in today was often rooted in my past. Like all things, it is a process. This is something my God and I still work on in today. Anger hurts me, especially when I internalize it.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/phone-24...cters/0029.gif

LookingOut 08-05-2014 10:38 AM

A person on our board is an angry, bitter person. It blinds her to relationships and priorities. Even though she is a major pain in my side, I try to pray for her because it must be miserable to feel like that all the time. I pray for myself to have acceptance and let it go. God has allowed me another time of trial and I can swing from anger to fear to anxiety. I have to put it all in His hands and let go. I had to decide between sticking my head in the sand and ignoring a situation or doing the right thing about it. It still may not come to a just resolution. It made a hard situation for myself and a neighbor. But I had to choose to do the right thing and then let go and let God. Remaining steady and joyful in the situation is a struggle for me. God is teaching me and I am willing to learn.