Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - April (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3275)

bluidkiti 04-01-2014 09:24 AM

Daily Reflection - April

April 1

A Time to Think: Some people think God does not like to be troubled with our constant coming and asking. The way to trouble God is not to come at all. –D.L. Moody, evangelist and author

To Act: Live with the thought of being in God's care.

To Pray: Lord, Your love and protection is the one true thing that I can always count on.

bluidkiti 04-02-2014 08:27 AM

April 2

A Time to Think: O Lord, never allow us to think we can stand by ourselves, and not need You. –John Donne, English poet and cleric in the Church of England

To Act: Put God first in your life.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, please help me face each day with grace and appreciation for the blessings of Your love.

bluidkiti 04-03-2014 07:56 AM

April 3

A Time to Think: Anything is a blessing which makes us pray. –C. H. Spurgeon, preacher and author

To Act: Relax and accept God's grace in times of stress.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for renewing me and giving me a life that has purpose and meaning.

bluidkiti 04-04-2014 09:42 AM

April 4

A Time to Think: Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark. –George Iles, 19th century author

To Act: Be sensitive to the messages of hope that greet you.

To Pray: Lord, when all around me looks dark, remind me that the bridge of hope will carry me over my troubles, into the future of Your promise.

bluidkiti 04-05-2014 01:34 PM

April 5

A Time to Think: Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. –Corrie ten Boom, author

To Act: Concentrate on serving God in whatever way He directs.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to always remember I have a limitless capacity for caring.

bluidkiti 04-06-2014 08:54 AM

April 6

A Time to Think: Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born. –Dale E. Turner, author

To Act: Build a dream and the dream will build you.

To Pray: Understanding Father, our dreams are changed because You have a better road for us to travel, one that brings us closer to You.

bluidkiti 04-07-2014 02:53 PM

April 7

A Time to Think: One of the best ways to demonstrate God's love is to listen to people. –Bruce Larsen, author

To Act: Today, listen more than you speak.

To Pray: Dear Lord, may I give to someone today my friendship. May I let them rest in my love and care.

bluidkiti 04-08-2014 11:14 AM

April 8

A Time to Think: God has enough grace to solve every dilemma you face, wipe every tear you cry, and answer every question you ask. –Max Lucado, author and pastor

To Act: Visualize the protection of being in God's care.

To Pray: Thank You, Lord, that You know our needs and are always ready to meet them.

bluidkiti 04-09-2014 10:40 AM

April 9

A Time to Think: God walks with us. He scoops us up in His arms or simply sits with us in silent strength until we cannot avoid the awesome recognition that yes, even now, He is there. –Gloria Gaither, songwriter

To Act: Put your problems in God's hands.

To Pray: Lord, help me to take the opportunities You give me and work with them, not against them.

bluidkiti 04-10-2014 10:58 AM

April 10

A Time to Think: An optimist is the human personification of spring. –Susan J. Bissonette, author

To Act: Look for an opportunity to make a positive difference.

To Pray: Lord, let me not forget that Your blessings are to be shared.

bluidkiti 04-11-2014 11:49 AM

April 11

A Time to Think: If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. –Anne Bradstreet, poet

To Act: Today notice the little things that make your day special.

To Pray: Lord, help me to notice everything You want me to see today.

bluidkiti 04-12-2014 11:01 AM

April 12

A Time to Think: Flowers grow out of dark moments. –Sister Mary Corita Kent, artist and educator

To Act: Change your thoughts and change your life.

To Pray: Dear God, help me always to see beyond my fears to the beauty of Your creation.

bluidkiti 04-13-2014 12:13 PM

April 13

A Time to Think: Prayer is a choice. For us to pray to give thanks, or to voice our questions and doubts shows that we are choosing to leave an opening in our spirits. Without this opening, there is no vessel, no place into which God can breathe. –Joanna Laufer, author

To Act: Recognize that your faith will lead you to great things.

To Pray: Thank You, Jesus, for the precious moments when You bless my worship with Your Holy Spirit.

bluidkiti 04-14-2014 10:14 AM

April 14

A Time to Think: The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator. –Louis Pasteur, French chemist

To Act: Take notice of the changes that are blooming around you.

To Pray: God, thank You for the moments that wake me up to this perfectly beautiful world.

bluidkiti 04-15-2014 10:30 AM

April 15

A Time to Think: Worry often gives a small thing a great shadow. –Swedish proverb

To Act: Focus not on your fears but your strengths.

To Pray: Lord, I am far from perfect in my worship of You. Yet what I render unto You, I render with all my heart.