Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Light On My Path (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082)

bluidkiti 12-29-2013 10:43 AM

Light On My Path

Light On My Path Part 01 - Facing Reality

by Gail Rodgers
Susan came to me about her marriage. She was a realistic woman. She faced life head on and looked reality straight in the eye.

Her marriage was not what she had hoped it would be. She shared with me the reality of being spiritually single in her home. Her husband did not share her desire to grow in knowing Jesus. It often left her feeling lonely and isolated. She was looking for hope.
Together we looked at one of the powerful prayers of scripture. I shared with her how I had seen God work in powerful ways in several marriages where the wife choose to make this prayer a regular part of her conversations with God.
When we take the reality of our situations, whatever they may be, and lay the greater reality of God’s Word over them… something happens! As we begin to pray the words of scripture over our situations we see God at work! Praying God’s Word also keeps us from the tendency we have to pray our own will and our own solutions.
If you have a relationship today that grieves your heart, face the reality of it. Tell God all about it. Then take His Word and begin to pray the reality of Scripture over it. God’s Word is living and powerful! As we take our hands off trying to change people and situations and allow God’s Word to be applied we can anticipate Him working. Not only will He work in the situation we give to Him, He will also work in our hearts to bring His peace as we trust Him. Here’s how Susan used this prayer to pray for her husband, Bob… (not their real names)
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give Bob the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that Bob may know Him better.
I pray also that the eyes of Bob’s heart may be opened in order that he may know…
  • the hope to which God has called him.
  • the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.
  • God’s incomparably great power for Bob as he believes.
That power is like the working of His mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when He raised Him from the dead…” Ephesians 1:17-20
Put the name of your loved ones into this verse and begin to ask God to open the eyes of their hearts. Tell God you are taking your hands off and inviting His Spirit to work freely.
Whatever reality you face can be covered over and wrapped in the reality of what His Word says. Lean hard on the truth of the Bible and expect to see God at work!

bluidkiti 12-30-2013 07:03 AM

Light On My Path Part 02 - Be Careful About What You Neglect

by Gail Rodgers
Some seasons of life are more hectic than others. It isn’t always possible to keep on top of all the things we usually tend to. When life gets a little too busy it’s easy to neglect small things. At first no one notices the little things left undone in the house or yard or the growing pile of papers that need tending to. Yet, as the weeds take hold outside and the paperwork and the closets are ignored inside, a growing chaos becomes evident.

The same thing happens in our inner lives when we neglect the regular care of our spirits. We begin to feel the growing chaos within. The reality of our lives becomes contrasted against the promises of our faith. We become discouraged in our spiritual journey.
God’s Word reminds us to be careful about what we ignore. In the book of Hebrews we are given reminders not to ignore the great salvation God has provided for us.
“Do you think we can risk neglecting this magnificent salvation?” (Hebrews 2:1-4 The Message)
It’s so easy to be caught up with the busy things of life that we overlook tending our inner lives. Then we often find chaos in our heart and mind and wonder why God seems distant. During those times we will most likely find our Bible starting to gather dust. God’s Word is nourishment for our souls.
If your life is chaotic and your spirit is dry… if panic is becoming more often present in your heart and mind than peace… check what you are neglecting. Make a beeline back to God’s Word and to fellowship with His people.
Make a fresh determination and declare the words that David declared so long ago in Psalm 119:16.
“I rejoice in following your statutes as one rejoices in great riches.
I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.” (Psalm 119:16)
Keep God’s Word at the very core of your life. As a Christian you simply cannot risk living otherwise.
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
You know how easy it is for me to neglect Your Word. I confess that my Bible stays closed far too often. When You feel distant I blame You. Forgive me Lord. Help me to learn to love Your Word in a greater way. Open my eyes to what You have to say to me through it. Reveal Yourself to me in new ways. Help me to make this a priority in my life.
In the name of Jesus I pray, amen.

bluidkiti 12-31-2013 08:55 AM

Light On My Path Part 03 - Effective Praying

by Gail Rodgers
We sat around our backyard fire. As we watched the stars come out we talked about how to walk our faith out on a day-to-day basis. We would look at what the Bible had to say about business ethics; raising kids; dealing with church politics or prickly people. At the end of many of our discussions Jerry would say, “It really all comes down to abiding.”

I still keep coming back to that. It truly is the answer to walking out our Christian faith where the rubber meets the road… and it affects our praying.
John 15 describes so well the picture of what abiding is. The picture is clear of the branch attached to the vine and producing much sweet fruit.
Jesus explains the picture and reminds us that He is the vine and we are the branches. It is only when the power of the Holy Spirit flows through us that we are able to touch lives with His love. A life changed by Jesus’ love is the fruit produced. Apart from Him we are able to do nothing of any eternal value.
Then Jesus goes on to say something truly amazing…
“If you remain (abide) in me and my words remain (abide) in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” (John 15: 7 & 8)
Suddenly it is very clear. My abiding in Christ will even affect my prayers. In the original Greek this word “abide” means to “continue to be present”.
  • If I “continue to be present” with Christ and make time in His presence a priority, I abide in Him. As I seek Him throughout my day, in each decision I encounter, I abide in Him.
  • If I let His Words of truth from the Bible “continue to be present” in my life, applying them to my heart and my actions, then His words abide in me… .
This, in turn, will make my God renowned. It will show the world around me just who my God is and others will be drawn to Him.
When God’s Word is a continuing presence in my life, guiding my thoughts, actions and attitudes, then my prayers will be different from the self centered requests I often beg God for. The results will be for eternity.
Our fulfillment in this life comes as we bear fruit for the next life. Keep God’s Word central in your heart and in your life. Let His words “continue to be present” as you walk out your faith in front of a world that needs to know “who my God is”!
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Fan the desire in my heart to read Your Word. Make it clear to me so it will guide my thoughts and my actions. Reveal to me the treasures in Your Word. Cause me to pursue it more than silver or gold or any other thing, for Your words are life to my soul.
In Jesus’ strong name I pray, amen.

bluidkiti 01-01-2014 09:24 AM

Light On My Path Part 04 - Pay It Forward

by Gail Rodgers
Our driveway was impassable. The winter conditions had taken their toll. When my friend veered slightly off the beaten trail she was stuck solidly. The tow truck successfully got her out but left the whole driveway a mess of snow and ice. One neighbor knew another neighbor and a few phone calls brought a willing stranger to my door with his tractor and plow. In a short time he did a fine job of clearing the whole mess away.

I was deeply grateful, especially since my husband was out of town and the driveway had me stranded. With checkbook in hand I went out to pay this benevolent man. He waved my offer away, climbed into his tractor and was gone.
A short while later my doorbell rang and there stood the man. He said, “You wanted to pay me. Instead, “pay it forward” and do something kind for someone else in return for this. Make the world a little better place.” Then he turned, and again, he was gone.
My heart was warmed. I was reminded of God’s Word so familiar and so simple.
“Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” (Matthew 7:12)
This little incident made me open my eyes wider to opportunities to do an unexpected good deed for another human being… even a stranger… especially a stranger!
I was reminded that Jesus said the world would know we are His followers by our love. How often we get too busy to even be bothered with the needs of others.
Today let’s look for someone to do something for… something that is entirely unexpected and unearned. Let’s be deliberate in our mandate of showing love because of Jesus’ love for us. Let’s slow down our hurried lives enough to look around and share some love through some unexpected good deed.
“Make the world a little better place!” God’s love is the perfect change agent for that very thing! Stop to share it today.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
You are the One who cares about the needs of every human being. Use me today to share Your love and care. Use me to meet a need for someone You want to care for today. Open my eyes to see just where I can pour some unexpected kindness as I walk through my corner of this world. Slow me down so You can work in my life and through my life.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen.

bluidkiti 01-02-2014 09:28 AM

Light On My Path Part 05 - Faith to Trust God

by Gail Rodgers
Do you ever feel like God has not lived up to your expectation in some particular circumstance of your life? Perhaps you have believed… yet nothing has happened. When you feel confused and wondering if God has let you down, you have a choice to make.

You can choose to be offended at God’s seeming silence and disinterest and allow doubt to slip into your heart… or… you can choose to believe God loves you with a lavish love and has your best interest at heart… even when things seem to make no sense to you.
Jesus addressed this very thing. In His words to John the Baptist He says what our hearts still need to hear today…
“Blessed are those who don’t doubt me.” (Matthew 11:6 The Living Bible)
Times come to all of us when God’s activity in our lives seems to make no sense. We wonder at the circumstances we find ourselves in and we may sometimes even feel abandoned by God. We could easily slip into doubting our great God.
Yet God tells us…
  • He will never leave us nor forsake us. (Hebrews 13:5)
  • He has lavished His great love on us. (1 John 3:1)
  • He cares about the burdens we carry and invites us to cast them on Him to carry for us. (1 Peter 5:7)
  • He invites us to learn His ways and find rest for our weary and burdened souls. (Matthew 11:2)
If your heart is heavy today because you feel confused about what God is doing in your life, know that you have a choice to make.
You can let doubt in Him slip in and permeate your soul… or you can let these truths penetrate your heart. Each will bring it’s own result. Choose carefully.
Jesus promises you will be blessed when you choose to keep trusting Him even when it seems to make no sense. Ask Him to help you keep your fragile faith intact and leave your hand in His. He will be true to His word and you will be blessed as you trust our faithful God.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Today I call out and ask You to increase my faith. It feels tattered and worn in the confusion of my present circumstance. Help Your truths to penetrate my heart and my mind. Help me as I choose to trust You, my faithful God.

bluidkiti 01-03-2014 07:40 AM

Light On My Path Part 06 - Feeding Your Spirit

by Gail Rodgers
Do you notice how your spirit is affected by the things you feed into it? We feed our spirit by the things we dwell on in our minds. When doubt, discouragement, depression or fear drag our spirits to the depths… we need to look at what paths our thoughts have been running down.

God knows us so well. He knows the tendency we will have to sometimes settle into the depths of despair. He gives us 5 verses in Psalm 103:1-5 to address this very thing. Turn your thoughts to God’s Word and choose to lift your eyes off yourself and raise them to Heaven.
“Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.”
Sometimes it takes everything in us to turn our eyes to Heaven and to offer the sacrifice of praise from a heavy heart. Yet the benefits will amaze you.
“Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits”
When our eyes move from our own state of affairs we can look at all God offers us. Listen to the refreshing, life-giving things God asks us not to forget:
Who FORGIVES all your sins
Thank you, Lord, that I am forgiven. Fill me with the wonder of a clean heart. Help me to declare my forgiveness when I am tempted to wallow in the pit of despair over my past, my failures and my weaknesses. I am forgiven!
And HEALS all your diseases
Lord, I bring my aching body to You and ask You to touch me with Your hand of healing. Give me wisdom and understanding of what to do physically. I also bring the diseases of my heart to you. Lord, remove all bitterness and pride and show me the things that erode my spirit.
Who REDEEMS your life from the pit
Lord, I am amazed at the fact that You reach into the pit that I even sometimes dig myself… and You lift me up. You bring beauty out of ashes as I trust in You. You buy back all the broken pieces and give me new life! Thank you!
And CROWNS you with love and compassion
Lord, Your care and tenderness to me is a constant surprise even though I know You love me. Thank you for the attention You give to the details of my life as I offer it to You.
Who SATISFIES your desires with good things
Thank you that Your plans for me are to find my fulfillment in You as I offer myself to You. You made me and You know how to grow me into all I ever wanted to be.
So that your youth is RENEWED like the eagle’s.
Lord, when I see how You forgive me, heal me, redeem my life, crown me with Your love and satisfy me, I am truly renewed in my Spirit.
prayer & reflection

Lord thank you for this wonderful view of Your desires for me. I WILL praise you with everything that is within me.
“Praise the Lord O my soul, all my inmost being, praise His holy name.”
Amen

bluidkiti 01-04-2014 10:36 AM

Light On My Path Part 07 - Are You Getting It?

by Gail Rodgers
I’ve been a Christian a long time. There have been few years in my life where I did not know the love of the Heavenly Father. So, when I read these verses recently, the Holy Spirit whispered to my heart, “Do you get it yet?”.

Read them with me and ask yourself the same question.
“Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim You,
who walk in the light of Your presence, O LORD.
They rejoice in Your name all day long;
They exult in Your righteousness. For You are their glory and strength… “
Psalm 89:15-17a
As Christians, we want God to be our strength as we walk the road of life. We know we need Him. We want Him to be our glory… to show who God is as He works in our lives and through us. Our prayers reflect our desire to have Him intervene in our lives.
And He tells us exactly what our part of that equation is. Those who will know God as their glory and their strength will be characterized by three things…
1. They will be people who have learned to declare publicly and enthusiastically that God is the source of all we need in life.
That doesn’t mean you have to be a public speaker. Yet it might mean you honor Him by giving Him credit for His help and His blessings as you chat by the water cooler.
2. They will walk in the light of His presence. They will focus on the Lord with their will and lift their eyes off themselves and their circumstances.
When you feel compelled to have a pity party or feel the grass is greener somewhere else, choose to lift your eyes to Him and thank Him that He is right beside you and He will guide your path as you invite Him to.
3. They will rejoice in the name of the Lord and grow in learning all that His names reveal about Him as our source.
Let your heart find joy in the fact that He is our Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and our Prince of Peace. He wants us to know Him for who He is.

bluidkiti 01-05-2014 08:43 AM

Light On My Path Part 08 - Because He Lives

by Gail Rodgers
Should they bring a child into this messed up world? Carla played the question over and over in her mind. Jim was unsettled about it too. The evening news was enough to make one cringe at what their child might be facing in another 10 years. Together they asked God for wisdom.

Carla put a CD in and let the music wash the dust off her weary emotions. The words of the song settled over her with an unexpected peace.
“Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives all fear is gone.
Because I know, I KNOW, He holds the future,
And life is worth the living just because He lives.” (Bill & Gloria Gaither)

Carla shared the song with Jim. Could they trust their Heavenly Father to hold their future in His hand?
Thoughts and emotions tumbled in Carla’s heart and mind. She asked God to speak to her as she picked up her Bible. These words touched her heart…
“We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.” Hebrews 6:19
Carla read the surrounding verses and saw the certainty of God’s promise and His unchanging nature. With assurance in her heart she knew she could not allow fear to dominate any decision.
Many decisions face us as we contemplate the future and the condition of our world. Sometimes one can be tempted to retreat; not to travel in case something happens; not to bring a child into the world; or not to pursue a particular stand on an issue. Fear can become our guide if we allow it to. Fear based decisions are not God’s way of doing things. He offers His own wisdom to us. (James 1:5-8)
He is our God. We can count on Him to anchor our soul in a world that is set adrift with very little that is firm and secure. Fear need not rule our hearts when God is our anchor.
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
You know how fear seeks to over-ride my heart and affect my decisions. Help me to trust in You to give me the wisdom that I need. Keep my faith strong and focused on You as my anchor. Thank you for the certainty of Your firm, secure hand giving me hope and help in the face of fear. I declare my trust in You and ask You to fill me with Your Holy Spirit today.

MajestyJo 01-05-2014 01:53 PM

Love it all, especially the words, "Because He Lives" which is followed by the words "I can face tomorrow, all fears are gone, I am forgiven, etc.

Pretty powerful words no matter how you look at it.

bluidkiti 01-06-2014 07:16 AM

Light On My Path Part 09 - A Short Supply of Love

by Gail Rodgers
Spontaneous feelings of love spring from our hearts when we think of some of the dear people in our lives. Then there are others who are not so easy to love. They challenge our sense of justice, our patience and even our Christian faith as we grappled with how to love them.

The Bible clearly outlines the characteristics of love. One phrase stands out today…
“Love is patient and is kind… ” 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
It’s easy to call to mind those who challenge our patience and love. There might be those at work or at church who are spreading rumors; or that neighbor who just seems to want to make life miserable for those around. What about the one who acts in a way toward their family that disgusts you or even the politician who represents you and makes decisions contrary to your beliefs. Even some family members can be trying leaving us feeling self-justified in withholding our love.
Yet here God clearly outlines the characteristics of love. His Word said the world should know we are Christians by our love. Love should be the hand-rail that will steady us in all our relationships and dealings with the world around us. Yet how is it possible? One can not just turn a blind eye to injustice, mistreatment and gossip.
The springs of love are within God… love does not naturally exist in our own hearts when challenged by things that grate on us. God tells us exactly what is required of us when we face this dilemma in our hearts. Listen to His wisdom…
“And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly
To love mercy
And to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
It makes sense. Our responsibility is simply to walk humbly with our God. We need to allow Him to keep our hearts soft with mercy while striving for fairness. This will make a difference in the situations where people seem so irritating. His Holy Spirit gives us the patience and the ability to be kind and to look for fairness in our dealings. This approach would help bring balance to situations that may be getting out of control. This love makes sense. It bring perspective. It doesn’t suggest a “door mat” response yet it holds out hope when mercy and fairness, from God’s heart, fill ours and helps us deal patiently with some of the hard people in life.
prayer & reflection

Father in Heaven,
You have called me to love the world around me. It’s not an easy thing to do. Thank you that You not only spell out how but You also offer the resource of Your mercy and Your wisdom to bring balance to circumstances that seem so out of balance. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit today and let Your love flow through me so others see You through me.
In Jesus’ name, amen.

BW1 01-06-2014 08:23 AM

BEAUTIFUL, Powerful and wonderful reminder today

THANK YOU!!!!!

bluidkiti 01-07-2014 09:18 AM

Light On My Path Part 10 - Equipped

by Gail Rodgers
Patty saw how Sheila loved children. She had a natural ability to make them feel welcome as they came into the Daycare. She asked Sheila if she would pray about helping with the children’s Bible class at their church. Sheila was surprised and said she would think about it.

As the opportunity ran through her mind that night Sheila realized she felt totally inadequate to teach those little ones about Jesus. She was still learning herself! Of course she would tell Patty “no” tomorrow. She didn’t even need to pray about it, she thought to herself. It was one thing to welcome them to Daycare and quite another to teach them about the Bible. It just wasn’t going to happen!
Later that night Sheila reached for Bible for a few quiet moments with God at the end of her day. She was tired and morning came early yet she knew His Word was a lifeline to her. She opened her Bible and read the devotional verse for the day.
“May the God of peace… equip you with everything good for doing His will and may He work in us what is pleasing to Him through Christ Jesus.” (Hebrews 13:21)
Sheila immediately recognized the still, small voice of the Holy Spirit speaking to her. Yes, she was to teach that children’s class. If she relied on God to help her and diligently studied the lessons, He would equip her. What an amazing thought. A peace flooded into her heart confirming for her that this was indeed the right decision.
Yet there was more… God also promised to work in her what was pleasing to Him through Jesus Christ. Sheila realized that God had brought this opportunity her way. He would help her do it and He would also work in her, stretching her and growing her to new levels.
If God is laying an opportunity of service before you today know that He will equip you to do His will. There will be great satisfaction in doing it, yet the greatest benefit will be what He works in You as He grows You to be more like Himself.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
You alone know how inadequate I feel for the task You are calling me to. Help me to have the courage to say “yes”. Flood me with Your peace as my confirmation that this is Your will for me right now. Grow my faith and my character as I allow You to work in me what is pleasing to You. Thank you for this privilege.
I pray this in Jesus’ name, amen.

bluidkiti 01-08-2014 09:52 AM

Light On My Path Part 11 - God is Able

by Gail Rodgers
Her faith felt weak as she faced this new challenge. Her husband lost his job and it was just before Christmas. Inwardly shaky yet outwardly strong she said all the right and reassuring things. She only wished she could believe them.

Faith is easy when the way is well lit. Yet when you walk in the dim light of struggles, faith must be a decision. God knows we will sometimes feel shaky in our faith. He puts promises in His Word to become a lifeline in those “rock your world” moments that surprise all of us at times.
If you are in one of those times right now then know this, “GOD IS ABLE”! Listen to the promise of His Word to you, His child…
“And GOD IS ABLE
to make all grace abound (overflow!) to you
so that in all things
at all times
having all that you need
you WILL abound (overflow) in every good work.”
2 Corinthians 9:8
Take your eyes off of your circumstance right now just for a moment. Turn your focus to this verse and say out loud, “God is able!”.
He can give you what you need as you face your particular challenge. His grace will extend to your emotions too so that you will be able to overflow even to the point of touching others.
This is more than just surviving; more than simply getting by… this is tapping into the divine help and strength of our God who is able!
Choose to have faith in His desire and ability to help you. Determine to trust Him today. Ask Him to increase your faith. Write “GOD IS ABLE” on a scrap of paper and put it on your computer screen, your mirror or the dash of your car. Look for His grace to be extended to you in your circumstances and in your emotions.
As you focus on God, rather than on your current challenge, you will be made new in the attitude of your mind. (Ephesians 4:23)
prayer & reflection

Father God,
You alone know how shaky I feel on the inside. I ask You today to strengthen my faith. Help me to focus on You, my God who is able. Give me an expectant heart and an attitude of true confidence that You will be all I need.

bluidkiti 01-09-2014 07:46 AM

Light On My Path Part 12 - Give a Blessing

by Gail Rodgers
Susan wanted to find just the right gift to honor some special people in her life. Nothing she looked at seemed to fit either her budget or her heart.

As she thought about it she realized what she wanted to give was a blessing. But what would that look like?
She wanted to acknowledge how each one had influenced her life. She wanted to thank them for the feeling of acceptance she received from them. She wanted to let them know that, because of their care in her life, she was richer today and felt blessed herself. She wanted God to bless their lives too.
She gathered a small symbolic gift for each one. Taking some pretty writing paper she began to craft a tribute from her heart to each one.
Giving a blessing is an ancient practice. The elements of it can still apply today and make a wonderful gift. Reinforce the value of the special individuals in your life by giving a blessing. Ask God for the words to write from a sincere heart.
“The blessing of the Lord be upon you: we bless you in the name of the Lord!” Psalm 129:8
Give a small plant and some words of affirmation to someone who has helped you grow in your life.
Give a candle and a note of thanks to someone who has helped shed light on your pathway.
Give a coupon for a manicure or a massage with a card to someone who has blessed you with their gift of time.
Take a meal or some baking to someone who you want to thank for their understanding and acceptance.
Blessings can be given any time of the year as you take the time to honor those whose lives have touched yours. As you speak appreciation and thanks back to them you are blessing their life. Add a prayer to ask God’s blessing on them in a special way in the coming months.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
We give You thanks for the special people in our lives who touch us with their love and care. Shelter each one in Your care today and may they feel the blessing of Your love and protection. Nourish their hearts as they continue to give from a heart of love. Bless them today.

bluidkiti 01-10-2014 10:36 AM

Light On My Path Part 13 - How Did You Feel

by Gail Rodgers
“People will not necessarily remember your words or deeds as much as they will remember how you made them feel.”

I don’t know who to credit with this bit of wisdom but I know it’s true. When I stop to think of those who have touched my life in significant ways I am keenly aware of how they made me feel. I don’t always remember their words or what they did but I remember how I felt.
God also knows the impact we have on each other as we interact. He knows our ability to show kindness or to take the extra moment to show gentleness. He also knows our ability to ignore, overlook or disregard the feelings of others. That’s why He reminds us to consider how we make others feel. Listen…
“Be kind and loving to one another with brotherly affection and take delight in honoring each other.” (Romans 12:10 The Living Bible)
“Be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God has forgiven you because you belong to Christ.” (Ephesians 4:32 The Living Bible)
Be aware today of how people are left feeling after an encounter with you. Remember, you are representing Jesus to the world around you. Let them feel His care through you.
prayer & reflection

Father God,
Thank you that You understand my personality and how I think and feel. Today I ask that You would make me aware of my interactions with the people around me. Help me to be aware of how I speak and behave. Give me a gentle and loving spirit that shows people they are cared about. Thank you that I have the privilege of representing You today. Slow me down as I hurry through my day and may those I encounter feel appreciated and cared for. Give me grace today by the power of Your Holy Spirit and may I in turn give grace away.