Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9906)

bluidkiti 11-01-2016 07:45 AM

Bible Verses - November

November 1

The LORD is my light and my salvation -- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life -- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 Peter 5:8

Jeremiah 17:14 "Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise."

Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Psalm 50:7 (NIV) Hear, O my people, and I will speak...

Thought: Prayer is about listening, too.

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours. O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore You as the One Who is over all things. - Psalm 145:18-19

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. Psalm 119:10

James 5:9 (NLT): Don’t grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. For look—the Judge is standing at the door!

Today’s Thought: Life is too short to grumble and complain. We need to build one another up instead of tear each other apart. Remember, our words have tremendous power.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue today. Let me build up everyone I come in contact with. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Colossians 4:2 — Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. —Hebrews 11:1

Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not look to the proud, to those who turn aside to false gods. — Psalm 40:4

bluidkiti 11-02-2016 07:14 AM

November 2

John 14:12 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father.

Psalm 78:11 (NIV) They forgot what He had done, the wonders He had shown them.

Thought: Where are you going to turn without God?

My eyes are always on the LORD, for he rescues me from the traps of my enemies. - Psalm 25:15

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Today’s Scripture: James 5:10-11 (NLT): For examples of patience in suffering, dear brothers and sisters, look at the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance. You can see how the Lord was kind to him at the end, for the Lord is full of tenderness and mercy.

Today’s Thought: Job had an extremely bad life. However, He never lost hope. He always trusted God regardless of how grim life looks. We should do the same.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me put my trust in You no matter the situation. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He said to them, "When you pray, say: "'Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation.'" —Luke 11:2-4

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. — 2 Corinthians 12:9

Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

1 John 4:16-21 And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

dwmoeller 11-02-2016 09:32 AM

But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. - Psalm71:14

Thought: Never-ending hope means ever-increasing praise.

bluidkiti 11-03-2016 06:11 AM

November 3

"Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

2 Corinthians 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6

Proverbs 14:31 "He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God."

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1

Come, let us sing to the LORD! Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come to him with thanksgiving. Let us sing psalms of praise to him. - Psalm 95:1-2

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

dwmoeller 11-03-2016 09:57 AM

Now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. - 2 Corinthians 6:2

Thought: Favored by God, saved for eternity.

bluidkiti 11-04-2016 03:58 AM

November 4

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

"The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him." Nahum 1:7

Psalm 94:19 "When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer."

And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. Genesis 1:3

The highway of the upright avoids evil; he who guards his way guards his life. — Proverbs 16:17

Deuteronomy 28:1-6
Blessings for Obedience
If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:
You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.
The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.
Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.
You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.

bluidkiti 11-05-2016 02:19 AM

November 5

"Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17

"Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not." Romans 12:14 (KJV)

2 Corinthians 4:18 "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all. Psalm 34:19

Numbers 6:24 The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

Matthew 10:29-31 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

bluidkiti 11-06-2016 04:54 AM

November 6

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him." James 1:12

Psalm 62:6 "He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken."

Today’s Scripture: James 5:17-18 (NLT): Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.

Today’s Thought: God still answers prayer! He may not answer them how or when you want Him to though. Make a decision to live your life by this motto: P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to have the faith to PUSH! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. — Psalm 41:1

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

Psalm 85:8 I will listen to what God the LORD says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants— but let them not turn to folly.

bluidkiti 11-07-2016 02:28 AM

November 7

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

Psalm 147:5 "Great is our Lord and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit."

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. — 2 Peter 3:9

1 Peter 5:6-8 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

bluidkiti 11-08-2016 04:01 AM

November 8

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek. (Psalm 27:8)

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)

Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the first fruits of all your crops. Proverbs 3:9

1 Corinthians 15:57 "But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right. May all who are godly rejoice in the Lord and praise his holy name! – Psalm 97:11-12

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation." Isaiah 12:2

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

bluidkiti 11-09-2016 03:14 AM

November 9

1 Timothy 2:1-2 [ Instructions on Worship ] I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Psalm 97:11-12 – Light shines on the godly, and joy on those whose hearts are right.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the Lord is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other. Deuteronomy 4:39

Psalm 92:14 "They will still bear fruit in old age, they will stay fresh and green."

As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more. But from everlasting to everlasting the Lord's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children— with those who keep his covenant and remember to obey his precepts. — Psalm 103:15-18

"Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;" Psalms 30:11

1 John 2:23
23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

dwmoeller 11-09-2016 11:23 AM

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business. - 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Thought: "In your face" obscures God's grace.

bluidkiti 11-10-2016 06:31 AM

November 10

Don't be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. - Philippians 2:3-4

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:" John 1:12

Psalm 32:8 "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my loving eye on you."

Proverbs 14:21 (NIV) He who despises his neighbor sins, but blessed is he who is kind to the needy.

Thought: Lift up others' lives. It's what Jesus did.

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.

bluidkiti 11-11-2016 06:10 AM

November 11

As surely as the Lord lives and as you live, I will not leave you. (2 Kings 2:2)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Psalm 3:3, ESV "…you, O LORD, are a shield about me, my glory, and the lifter of my head."

You love him even though you have never seen him. Though you do not see him now, you trust him; and you rejoice with a glorious, inexpressible joy. The reward for trusting him will be the salvation of your souls. - 1 Peter 1:8-9

Ephesians 3:16-19 — I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge — that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Love the LORD your God and keep his requirements, his decrees, his laws and his commands always. — Deuteronomy 11:1

1 Chronicles 16:35 Cry out, “Save us, God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations, that we may give thanks to your holy name, and glory in your praise.”

Galatians 3:26-29 - 26So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Matthew 5:9 - Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.

Luke 6:27-31; 35-36 - 27 “But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.29If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back.31Do to others as you would have them do to you. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

Mark 12:31 - The Greatest Commandment
28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” 29“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.”

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 - 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails.

Ephesians 4:2-3 - 2Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. 3Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

1 John 3:1; 16-18 1See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! 16This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be that person? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

John 13:34-35 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.”

Romans 12:10 “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.”

John 15:9-17 - 9“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.10If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.11I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.12My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.13Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.14You are my friends if you do what I command.15I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.16You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit—fruit that will last—and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you.17This is my command: Love each other.

bluidkiti 11-12-2016 05:05 AM

November 12

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. Isaiah 61:10

James 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds,

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

Yours, OLORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, OLORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. - 1 Chronicles 29:11

A man who lacks judgment derides his neighbor, but a man of understanding holds his tongue. —Proverbs 11:12

Colossians 1:13-14 - 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

bluidkiti 11-13-2016 04:29 AM

November 13

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty." Revelation 1:8

Matthew 10:40-42 “Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. – Romans 12:10-11

"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ." 2 Thessalonians 3:5

2 Kings 17:38-39 - 38 Do not forget the covenant I have made with you, and do not worship other gods. 39 Rather, worship the LORD your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies.”

God is faithful, who has called you into fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:9

Ephesians 4:32 "Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you."

bluidkiti 11-14-2016 04:39 AM

November 14

Romans 12:10-11 – Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal,

My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense -- Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2

Colossians 3:12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

"But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;" Matthew 5:44

The soothing tongue is a tree of life, but a perverse tongue crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:4

John 3:16, ESV "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life."

Proverbs 14:29 (NIV) A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly.

Thought: Sleep on it. It's always worth it to wait.

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. — Ephesians 4:3

Psalm 23:6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

bluidkiti 11-15-2016 05:05 AM

November 15

For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you. Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others. Romans 12:3-5

Love never fails. (1 Corinthians 13:8)

Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

"But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:" Matthew 6:20

I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.” Lamentations 3:24

But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love. - Jude 1:20-21

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Hebrews 13:2

John 14:2-4 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”

dwmoeller 11-15-2016 10:03 AM

I urge then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone. 1 Timothy 2:1

Thought: Pray first for family, then for friends, then widen the circle!

bluidkiti 11-16-2016 06:49 AM

November 16

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge -- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:16-19

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:29-30

Proverbs 14:31 (NIV) He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

Thought: You are blessed to be a blessing.

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen. - Ephesians 3:20-21

With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. – 2 Thessalonians 1:11

I Thessalonians 4:13-14 (NLT): And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died.

Today’s Thought: We have such an amazing hope. Death is not the end of our journey but the beginning. We should always be ready to tell someone about Jesus. Today let’s pray that God will open a door for us to share Him with someone.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, please open a door for me to tell someone about Jesus today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Colossians 3:12-17 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered person stirs up conflict, but the one who is patient calms a quarrel.

dwmoeller 11-16-2016 08:33 AM

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. - 1 Timothy 1:15

Thought: Are you burdened by your sin? Jesus came to save you!

bluidkiti 11-17-2016 02:27 AM

November 17

No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. 1 John 4:12

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20)

"O LORD, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches." Psalms 104:24

Proverbs 11:25, ESV "Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered."

Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. — Galatians 6:2

Isaiah 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Romans 4:18-21 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

"Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men." 1 Thessalonians 5:14

Proverbs 29:11 Fools give full vent to their rage, but the wise bring calm in the end.

bluidkiti 11-18-2016 02:36 AM

November 18

I will praise you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. - Psalm 9:1

I prayed to the Lord, and He answered me. (Psalm 34:4)

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20

‘Let us have confidence, then, and approach God’s throne … There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just when we need it’ (Hebrews 4:16, GNB). Picture yourself approaching God’s throne. Sense his welcome. Receive his grace.

They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” Acts 16:31

James 5:20 "remember this: Whoever turns a sinner from the error of their way will save them from death and cover over a multitude of sins."

Jeremiah 31:7 (NIV) Make your praises heard, and say, "O Lord, save your people, the remnant of Israel."

Thought: There is strength in worship when God's people come together to celebrate Him.

O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you. — Psalm 84:12

"That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:" Ephesians 1:17

dwmoeller 11-18-2016 09:46 AM

Perfect love drives out fear. 1 John 4:18

Thought: Are you afraid of what the day might bring? Draw on Jesus' love.

bluidkiti 11-19-2016 04:57 AM

November 19

Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. - Psalm 62:3-4

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above. (James 1:17)

Every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. Hebrews 3:4

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." Isaiah 54:17

Ephesians 1:18, NASB "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints.

But you, O LORD, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. - Psalm 3:3

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. — Matthew 5:6

James 1:1-4 Trials and Temptations
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

"Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti 11-20-2016 03:44 AM

November 20

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" 1 Peter 3:15 (KJV)

‘You, Lord, are … abounding in love to all who call to you’ (Psalm 86:5). Quietly repeat these words to Jesus. Listen to your heart as you pray.

Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Psalm 25:5

Deuteronomy 28:1 "And if you faithfully obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all his commandments that I command you today, the Lord your God will set you high..."

I Thessalonians 5:7-8 (NLT): Night is the time when people sleep and drinkers get drunk. But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation.

Today’s Thought: We should not live like everyone else. Every day we need to put on the armor of God. Satan wants to destroy you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to put on the armor of God every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

The LORD... delights in those whose ways are blameless. —Proverbs 11:20

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. — James 4:7

Jonah 2:9 But I, with shouts of grateful praise, will sacrifice to you. What I have vowed I will make good. I will say, ‘Salvation comes from the LORD.’ ”

bluidkiti 11-21-2016 01:50 AM

November 21

O LORD, I will honor and praise your name, for you are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now you have accomplished them. - Isaiah 25:1

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

"LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:" Psalms 10:17

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."

Jeremiah 31:10 (NIV) Hear the word of the Lord, O nations; proclaim it in distant coast lands...

Thought: The Lord's great love reaches to every corner of the earth.

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. — 2 Corinthians 5:21

"For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:" 1 Timothy 4:4

Psalm 95:2-3 2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

dwmoeller 11-21-2016 08:40 AM

How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me? - Psalm 116:12

Thought: You can not repay God, but you can go and do likewise to others.

bluidkiti 11-22-2016 02:38 AM

November 22

Thank God for this gift too wonderful for words! - 2 Corinthians 9:15

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

In my Father's house are many mansions: I go to prepare a place for you. (John 14:2)

James 1:12 Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

Psalm 99:2 (NIV) Great is the Lord in Zion; He is exalted over all the nations.

Thought: Take time to praise.

Like a gold ring in a pig's snout is a beautiful woman who shows no discretion. —Proverbs 11:22

"Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." Philippians 4:6

2 Corinthians 4:15-16 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

dwmoeller 11-22-2016 09:54 AM

The earth is the Lord's and everything in it. - Psalm 24:1

Thought: All things good come from God.

bluidkiti 11-23-2016 06:02 AM

November 23

But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ. - 1 Corinthians 15:57

If you ask Me anything in my name, I will do it. (John 14:14)

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalms 19:14

Psalm 107:1 "Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"

Psalm 99:5 (NIV) Exalt the Lord our God and worship at His footstool; He is holy.

Thought: Giving God your worship is a great way of showing Him your thanks.

Our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name! - 1 Chronicles 29:13

Lord, you alone are my portion and my cup; you make my lot secure. – Psalm 16:5

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT): So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Today’s Thought: We are the body of Christ. Each of us has a specific function. One thing we all need to do is build each other up. You would be surprised how much a “thank you” would mean to someone.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You guide me and help me encourage someone today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. — Hebrews 13:8

"Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name." Psalms 100:4

Ephesians 1:15-16 15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers.

dwmoeller 11-23-2016 09:31 AM

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. - Matthew 7:7

Thought: The door to God's throne is always open, and the light is on!

bluidkiti 11-24-2016 05:43 AM

November 24

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

Cup your hands together and hold them out to God. Thank him for the good things with which he has filled your life. Ask him to fill your life with more of his presence and power.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Psalm 92:1 "It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High."

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name. - Psalm 100:4

bluidkiti 11-25-2016 04:59 AM

November 25

In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. (1 Thessalonians 5:18)

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

"It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22

Turn down the volume: tune in to God. ‘Drop thy still dews of quietness, till all our strivings cease; take from our souls the strain and stress, and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of thy peace’ (John G Whittier, 1872).

Psalm 147:1 "Praise the Lord! For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant, and a song of praise is fitting."

"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins." —Mark 11:25

Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” – Luke 12:15 (NIV)

Psalm 7:17 I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness; I will sing the praises of the name of the LORD Most High.

bluidkiti 11-26-2016 07:32 AM

November 26

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. Titus 3:4-7

Hebrews 4:16 Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law." Galatians 5:22

Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the Lord.” And you forgave the guilt of my sin. Psalm 32:5

Psalm 103:1 "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name!"

I Thessalonians 5:15 See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.

Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Psalm 103:1

"Sing unto him, sing psalms unto him, talk ye of all his wondrous works." 1 Chronicles 16:9

bluidkiti 11-27-2016 04:51 AM

November 27

You are not a random person, who just happens to be here at this time in space.

You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. Psalm 139:15-16

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up. James 4:10

Numbers 6:24-26 "The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace."

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:16-18 (NLT): Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Today’s Thought: A thankful heart goes a long way. God wants us to be thankful all the time. How do we do that? By praying and studying His Word. Today let’s thank God for Who He is and what He has done for us.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life. Help me to always be thankful in everything I do. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

"All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." —Matthew 11:27-28

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. — 1 John 1:8-9

Psalm 100:4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

bluidkiti 11-28-2016 05:00 AM

November 28

“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. – Jeremiah 31:33

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Corinthians 3:18

Matthew 5:16, NIV "Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

Psalm 98:4 (NIV) Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music.

Thought: Let others know how much you love the Lord.

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. - Colossians 2:7

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:19-22 (NLT): Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. Do not scoff at prophecies, but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. Stay away from every kind of evil.

Today’s Thought: We must not quench the Holy Spirit in church and in our daily lives. The Holy Spirit wants to move in us and through us all the time but we must be willing. Are you a willing vessel today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray that I do not quench You. I pray that You move through me today and every day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." —Luke 11:28

Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing. — Philippians 2:14-16

1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.

bluidkiti 11-29-2016 07:46 AM

November 29

The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest. Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps. – Psalm 85:12-13

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6

Psalm 138:3 "As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength."

Psalm 98:2 (NIV) The Lord has made His salvation known and revealed His righteousness to the nations.

Thought: Before there were billboards, God sent His Word. It's still spreading!

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. - 1 Peter 5:7

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:23-24 (NLT): Now may the God of peace make you holy in every way, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ comes again. God will make this happen, for he who calls you is faithful.

Today’s Thought: We must strive to live a holy life no matter what. When we mess up, and we will, repent and try again. This is often a life-long process but it should be our goal.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me live a holy life. When I mess up I ask You to quicken my spirit and I would be fast to repent. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

bluidkiti 11-30-2016 06:44 AM

November 30

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 2 Corinthians 4:17

Isaiah 61:1 (NIV) He has sent Me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners.

Thought: There's a big reason Christ came: you!

For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age, while we wait for the blessed hope-the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good. – Titus 2:11-14