Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   overwhelmed (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2449)

dana0102 01-20-2014 10:39 AM

overwhelmed

hi am new to this baord but needed to post my daughter is in the child development center for behavioral issues when her school said they could not handle you she is developmental delayed and is in special ed and has adhd she sees a therapist and psychitrist i am overwhelmed with figuring out what is the best srtting for her when she gets out and axious with not knowing any answers the more anxious w the more the thoughts of my addictions acts up i need help thanks dee:195:

LookingOut 01-20-2014 10:57 AM

Did the school make any recommendations? I thought public schools by law had to help accommodate. I know here in Pennsylvania, if the child has to go to a special private school because the public school cannot teach them, then you can apply for funds to help you pay for the school. If there are any special ed private schools in your area, they should be able to help you with this.

You might try your community social services department or look online for advocacy groups in your area for children with special needs. Ask friends, neighbors, people in your church, anyone who can help guide you in the right direction. Praying you will find just the right solution.

MajestyJo 01-21-2014 03:34 AM

There are a couple of groups depending on her age.

1) Dual Recovery Anonymous. It is AA based material, but it is for people who are addicts and have mental issues too.

2) Alateen which is for kids who have alcoholic parents or have the disease themselves, be it food, alcohol, drugs, etc.

3) Emotions Anonymous. There is information in `Other Addictions.`

Counselling is good, and there should be a therapist for her special needs. I went to Pastoral Counselling in early recovery. The woman asked me to vision my mother sitting in the rocking chair in the room and asked me to say to her all the things I never got to say to her when she was alive. I walked away thinking,``Which one in the room is the sick one, not me!` I later went to Family Services for counselling in other areas that were outside issues and not something I could put out on the discussion tables.

Hope some of this helps. Sending prayers for you and yours.

Quote:

“Each new day greets us with no rules except for the rules we place on it. Greet this new day with open arms and endless possibility.”
― Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free
There is a solution, put it out and see what comes back.

BW1 01-21-2014 06:23 PM

Prayers out for both you and your daughter Dana

I know this can be very overwhelming and frightening. There IS a solution.
We went thru this with one of my sisters .

There is another nation wide organization INDEPENDENT LIVING CENTER . This organization is specifically for disabled or challenged persons. They have numerous resources available. I might suggest checking in with them and asking them for help and support.

Thank You for reaching out to us and sharing with us

Mochababy 01-22-2014 02:04 AM

Hello Dana,

I will keep you and your Daughter in my prayers :18: