Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thought For Today - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1775)

bluidkiti 12-16-2013 06:25 AM

A Pantomime Mindset

"I can't!" Believe you can't and you most likely won't! Instead, get into a pantomime mindset and face your doubts with amusement and fun.

So every time you hear "Oh No, You Can't!" say to yourself "Oh Yes, I Can!"
Believe you can and you most likely will!

bluidkiti 12-17-2013 06:50 AM

Success to Significance

How do you measure success? By numbers? By how many people attended your event, how many followers you have on Twitter....?

Does success equal achievement? Is it the process or the result; the journey or the destination; quality or quantity?

Clarify your measure of success and add significance to your life.

bluidkiti 12-18-2013 06:37 AM

I want....

I want, I want, I want. Recognize your "I want..." thoughts and the number of times you give in to greed. Acknowledge the number of times you look away from greed and carry on.

Try to contain your greed and life might be much simpler, free from greed!

bluidkiti 12-19-2013 06:23 AM

The Way Out of Confusion

Feeling confused? Let it be! As you go about your day, your confusion may automatically start resolving itself.

If that doesn't work, then write down all the jumbled up thoughts. As you write, you might find your way out of confusion into clarity.

bluidkiti 12-20-2013 08:32 AM

Gift of Acceptance

Think about your nearest and dearest and the way you react to them. Are you accepting of others? Accepting of all their flaws and quirks? This festive season, give the gift of acceptance.

Accept others unconditionally and you give them the gift to be themselves, and accept themselves as they are. Accept, and your relationship with them will improve as a result.

bluidkiti 12-21-2013 07:39 AM

Look for the Silver Lining

Seek to ‘see’ the benefit in all events. That’s not to say, ignore the downside. See the ‘reality’ but, at the same time, deliberately look for the upside. Find that silver lining. Look for the lesson. Realize, nothing happens TO us but everything happens FOR us. Shift, “Why is this happening TO me?” to “What is the lesson here FOR me?”

bluidkiti 12-22-2013 07:51 AM

Like a Snowflake

Just like snowflakes, each one of us is unique and distinct. Like the snowflake, we too are shaped by our own particular journey, which gives us a unique identity. Celebrate your uniqueness and individuality. But remember, you are unique, just like everyone else! And, no snowflake is better than another! That means no arrogance, no competition and no comparison!

bluidkiti 12-23-2013 06:57 AM

Focus on What, Not How

When things get tough, focus NOT on “How?” but on “What?” you need to do – and just do it.

Feel that nothing is difficult and nothing will be difficult.

Simplify your thinking, hold onto self trust and look for alternative possibilities and solutions.

bluidkiti 12-24-2013 07:35 AM

Meet and Greet

The festive season gives us opportunities to meet up with many more people.

If you find that you have negative feelings towards certain people, than take a moment to transform your feelings. Follow your spontaneous instinct to give. The heart gives and is full of grace. So, don't just limit your good feelings to just one or two people. With an open heart, greet everyone with sincerity and love. Make your heart big and silently give good wishes to everyone you meet.

bluidkiti 12-25-2013 06:54 AM

Stay Relaxed this Christmas

Minimize stress by simply being organized.

See if you can delegate or even reduce your to-do list; sharing cooking tasks with other members of the family or friends, to save time!

Tackle all the partying and festive dinners with exercise and fresh air.

Alternate the indulgent days with healthy eating and drink plenty of water.

Do give yourself a dose of ‘Me’ Time to re-charge your batteries.

And remember what it’s all really about. So, go on, celebrate and enjoy! Here’s wishing you a very relaxed Christmas!

bluidkiti 12-26-2013 07:36 AM

Bird in Flight

Like a bird in flight, your purpose in life is to soar high above the world; to steer a course with the wind and enjoy the freedom of flight. You have the capacity to fly in harmony with the flock and experience the joyous solitude of your own company. Just have faith in yourself, have faith in life, let go and fly.

bluidkiti 12-27-2013 08:26 AM

A Little Less Complaining

Would you like to stop the habit of complaining? Well, if not immediately, then at least start by complaining less! Then work on re-phrasing your thoughts, transforming a complaint into a solution and finding possible steps to fix the problem. Positively re-phrasing your complaints will make situations a little easier, more enjoyable and create a positive culture.

bluidkiti 12-28-2013 06:43 AM

Energy for Earth

Like everything, the earth responds to our energy. So, it’s important to supply the earth with the energy of gratitude and loving kindness. Take time out to share pure, positive thoughts and feelings for nature - air, fire, water, ether and the earth.

bluidkiti 12-29-2013 07:25 AM

Smile Happy

A natural smile works like magic and removes the sorrow of others. So, continue to make yourself happy and give happiness to others.

bluidkiti 12-30-2013 08:25 AM

Forward Thinking

As the new year approaches, it’s almost impossible not to think ahead in some way. Our thoughts will certainly influence how the year will unfold; after all, our thoughts are the starting point of all that we create. The quality of our thinking today shapes the quality of our life tomorrow. What are your thoughts about the future?