Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9678)

dwmoeller 10-14-2016 09:25 AM

He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire, he set my foot on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. - Psalm 40:2

Thought: When you get that sinking feeling, stand firm with Christ!

bluidkiti 10-15-2016 08:21 AM

October 15

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;" Ecclesiastes 3:1

Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Psalm 119:133

Isaiah 6:8, ESV And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, "Rivers of living water will flow from his heart." - John 7:38

2 Samuel 7:22 “How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." John 15:15

bluidkiti 10-16-2016 07:55 AM

October 16

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:9 (KJV)

Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” Nehemiah 8:10

Matthew 6:34, NIV Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

God's way is perfect. All the LORD's promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection. - Psalm 18:30

Psalm 19:14 May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Today’s Scripture: James 3:15-16 (NLT): For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.

Today’s Thought: Jealousy can cause a lot of damage in our life. We must guard our hearts. Instead of being jealous when God blesses someone, let’s try to rejoice with them!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me rejoice when You bless someone instead of being jealous. Please forgive me for being jealous in the past. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11

bluidkiti 10-17-2016 07:24 AM

October 17

1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. John 15:8

Mark 10:16 (NIV) Jesus took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them.

Thought: Pray for future generations. They are close to God's heart.

"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21

"But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they." Acts 15:11

Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

dwmoeller 10-17-2016 09:45 AM

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. - Romans 5:1

Thought: At peace with God, at peace in the world.

bluidkiti 10-18-2016 06:43 AM

October 18

"And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity." 1 Corinthians 13:13

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Proverbs 3:3-4

Psalm 121:1-2, ESV "I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth."

Psalm 27:14 Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

James 3:18 (NLT): And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

Today’s Thought: We should bring peace to every situation we deal with. Why? Because we should be peacemakers. In fact, we are blessed when we are peacemakers (see Matthew 5:9).

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me become a peacemaker. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

If a man is lazy, the rafters sag; if his hands are idle, the house leaks. —Ecclesiastes 10:18

Ephesians 5:6-14 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God’s wrath comes on those who are disobedient. Therefore do not be partners with them.

For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light (for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) and find out what pleases the Lord. Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them. It is shameful even to mention what the disobedient do in secret. But everything exposed by the light becomes visible—and everything that is illuminated becomes a light. This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
rise from the dead,
and Christ will shine on you.”

Psalm 42:11 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

dwmoeller 10-18-2016 08:28 AM

Better a meal of vegetables where there is love than a fattened calf with hatred. - Proverbs 15:17

Thought: May your table never lack love!

bluidkiti 10-19-2016 08:11 AM

October 19

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

Psalm 34:1-3, NLT "I will praise the Lord at all times. I will constantly speak his praises. I will boast only in the Lord; let all who are helpless take heart. Come, let us tell of the Lord’s greatness; let us exalt his name together."

Mark 10:27 (NIV) Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not God; all things are possible with God."

Thought: Fix your focus on what God can do, not what you can't.

So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. - Matthew 6:34

Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.

dwmoeller 10-19-2016 09:50 AM

Where sin increased, grace increased all the more. Romans 5:20

Thought: A mountain of grace dwarfs every hill of sin in our lives.

bluidkiti 10-20-2016 07:25 AM

October 20

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. Matthew 6:13

Zechariah 4:6b, NIV Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit, says the LORD Almighty.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. – Matthew 6:19-20

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the LORD God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. — Amos 5:14

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.

2 Timothy 2:22-26 Flee the evil desires of youth and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will.

bluidkiti 10-21-2016 07:53 AM

October 21

Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee." Isaiah 26:3

Therefore, whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone-especially to those in the family of faith. - Galatians 6:10

Psalm 40:8 I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart.

Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth. 1 John 3:18

He is your praise; he is your God, who performed for you those great and awesome wonders you saw with your own eyes. —Deuteronomy 10:21

It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. — 1 Peter 3:17

Deuteronomy 28:9 The LORD will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the LORD your God and walk in obedience to him.

bluidkiti 10-22-2016 04:07 AM

October 22

1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

~ 1 John 3:1 "See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are."

2 John 1:6 — And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. — James 1:5

1 Kings 8:61 And may your hearts be fully committed to the LORD our God, to live by his decrees and obey his commands, as at this time.”

bluidkiti 10-23-2016 05:52 AM

October 23

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

So Christ has truly set us free. Now make sure that you stay free, and don't get tied up again in slavery to the law. - Galatians 5:1

Galatians 6:2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

Today’s Scripture: James 4:7-8 (NLT): So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come close to God, and God will come close to you. Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

Today’s Thought: When we become a Christian, our entire life should be totally transformed. In order to be transformed though, we must allow Him to work on our life. Are you allowing Him to transform you?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You totally transform my life. Help me hold every thought captive & submit it to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 10-24-2016 06:29 AM

October 24

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

1 Corinthians 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things. Psalm 107:9

Psalm 57:10, NIV "For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies."

Mark 10:52 (NIV) "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

Thought: Ask God to show you your blind spots. He will, in His love.

But as for me, I will sing about your power. Each morning I will sing with joy about your unfailing love. For you have been my refuge, a place of safety when I am in distress. - Psalm 59:16

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. — Colossians 3:23-24

"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:" James 1:19

Romans 5:1 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ,

dwmoeller 10-24-2016 09:46 AM

If God is for us, who can be against us? - Romans 8:31

Thought: You may not feel strong against the world, but God is.