Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7627)

bluidkiti 11-01-2015 09:35 AM

Bible Verses - November

November 1

Today’s Scripture: James 5:9 (NLT): Don’t grumble about each other, brothers and sisters, or you will be judged. For look—the Judge is standing at the door!

Today’s Thought: Life is too short to grumble and complain. We need to build one another up instead of tear each other apart. Remember, our words have tremendous power.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue today. Let me build up everyone I come in contact with. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Psalms 100:3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Matthew 7:24-25 "Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock."

Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. Galatians 6:1

bluidkiti 11-02-2015 08:06 AM

November 2

Today’s Scripture: James 5:10-11 (NLT): For examples of patience in suffering, dear brothers and sisters, look at the prophets who spoke in the name of the Lord. We give great honor to those who endure under suffering. For instance, you know about Job, a man of great endurance. You can see how the Lord was kind to him at the end, for the Lord is full of tenderness and mercy.

Today’s Thought: Job had an extremely bad life. However, He never lost hope. He always trusted God regardless of how grim life looks. We should do the same.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me put my trust in You no matter the situation. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. —1 John 1:9

1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

Psalms 100:3 Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall. - Romans 14:13

Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2

Rejoice not when thine enemy falleth, and let not thine heart be glad when he stumbleth: Proverbs 24:17

bluidkiti 11-03-2015 09:03 AM

November 3

For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. —Luke 11:10

1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.

And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Jude 1:22

Acts 4:8-12

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, said to them: “Rulers and elders of the people! If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a man who was lame and are being asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. Jesus is

“‘the stone you builders rejected,
which has become the cornerstone.’

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved.”

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in humans. Psalm 118:8

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand. Psalm 27:34

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

bluidkiti 11-04-2015 10:13 AM

November 4

Today’s Scripture: James 5:13-15 (NLT): Are any of you suffering hardships? You should pray. Are any of you happy? You should sing praises. Are any of you sick? You should call for the elders of the church to come and pray over you, anointing you with oil in the name of the Lord. Such a prayer offered in faith will heal the sick, and the Lord will make you well. And if you have committed any sins, you will be forgiven.

Today’s Thought: Our God still heals! When we are sick we should ask for prayer.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to have the courage to ask for prayer when I need it. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Proverbs 22:24-25 — Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.

1 Peter 4:12-13 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trial you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. Romans 10:17

1 John 4:16-21

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. This is how love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgment: In this world we are like Jesus. There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

We love because he first loved us. Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2

Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

bluidkiti 11-05-2015 09:44 AM

November 5

Isaiah 26:3-4 — You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.

Mark 10:27 Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God."

Fight the good fight for the true faith. Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you, which you have confessed so well before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

dwmoeller 11-05-2015 10:21 AM

But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. - Ephesians 4:7

Thought: God has equipped you to meet today's challenges.

bluidkiti 11-06-2015 08:58 AM

November 6

Today’s Scripture: James 5:17-18 (NLT): Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops.

Today’s Thought: God still answers prayer! He may not answer them how or when you want Him to though. Make a decision to live your life by this motto: P.U.S.H. – Pray Until Something Happens!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to have the faith to PUSH! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity - 1 Timothy 4:12

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. —James 1:12

Deuteronomy 28:1-6
Blessings for Obedience

If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations on earth. All these blessings will come on you and accompany you if you obey the Lord your God:

You will be blessed in the city and blessed in the country.

The fruit of your womb will be blessed, and the crops of your land and the young of your livestock—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks.

Your basket and your kneading trough will be blessed.

You will be blessed when you come in and blessed when you go out.

In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

Psalm 27:8 (NIV) - My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

Psalm 85:8 I will listen to what God the LORD will say; he promises peace to his people, his saints-- but let them not return to folly.

bluidkiti 11-07-2015 09:18 AM

November 7

Micah 6:8 — He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

1 Timothy 2:1-2 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.

Matthew 13:31-32
The Parables of the Mustard Seed and the Yeast

He told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and planted in his field. Though it is the smallest of all seeds, yet when it grows, it is the largest of garden plants and becomes a tree, so that the birds come and perch in its branches.”

Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:3

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6

1 Peter 5:6-8 - 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

bluidkiti 11-08-2015 07:28 AM

November 8

If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. - Ecclesiastes 4:10

Joshua 24:15 But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.”

James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says.

Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.
James 1:3

Isaiah 8:17 (NIV) - I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him.

Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. Psalm 37:5

2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you.

bluidkiti 11-09-2015 09:06 AM

November 9

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. - John 13:35

So let's stop condemning each other. Decide instead to live in such a way that you will not cause another believer to stumble and fall. Romans 14:13

Isaiah 41:17 When the poor and needy seek water, and there is none, and their tongue faileth for thirst, I the Lord will hear them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them.

Isaiah 1:18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,” says the Lord. “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

God's voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. —Job 37:5

"I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:" 2 Timothy 4:7

1 John 2:23 No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Psalm 109:30 With my mouth I will greatly extol the Lord; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise him.

Arise, Lord! Lift up your hand, O God. Do not forget the helpless. Psalm 10:12

bluidkiti 11-10-2015 08:39 AM

November 10

Psalm 126:3 (NIV) The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy.

Thought: Wear your joy. Tell others why.

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Ephesians 5:20

Job 37:5-6 - God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways; he does great things beyond our understanding. He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth,’ and to the rain shower, ‘Be a mighty downpour.’

1 John 4:7 Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Psalm 37:7 (NIV) - Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

bluidkiti 11-11-2015 08:35 AM

November 11

Thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. —2 Corinthians 2:14

Psalm 126:5 (NIV) Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.

Thought: Painful work can produce great fruit.

Philippians 4:9 NIV Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me -- put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you. 1 Peter 5:10

bluidkiti 11-12-2015 08:27 AM

November 12

Psalm 128:5 - May the Lord bless you from Zion, all the days of your life...

Thought - God is thinking about you, every day!

I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. - Psalm 9:2

Colossians 1:9 For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives,

1 John 4:1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up. Romans 14:19

Colossians 1:13-14 - 13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, 14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart. Proverbs 27:19

Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Psalm 37:7

bluidkiti 11-13-2015 07:52 AM

November 13

Psalm 130:1 (NIV) Out of the depths I cry to You, O Lord...

Thought: High or low, He wants to hear from us.

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! - Psalm 139:17-18

Don't let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.” Mark 8:34

2 Kings 17:38-39 - 38 Do not forget the covenant I have made with you, and do not worship other gods. 39 Rather, worship the LORD your God; it is he who will deliver you from the hand of all your enemies."

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25

dwmoeller 11-13-2015 11:29 AM

May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance. - 2 Thessalonians 3:5

Thought: Don't wander without purpose. Ask God for direction.