Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayers and Prayer Requests (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daily Prayers - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1011)

bluidkiti 10-15-2013 09:44 AM

October 16

Prayer for the Morning

The night has passed, the sun shines its light upon us, and the day lies open before me. As I rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence fill me with love for you and my fellow man, holy God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Abide with me, I pray, now and forever. Amen.

As I travel through the rest of my day, may the God of hope fill me with all joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit I may abound in hope. Amen.

Father, I desire to be completely abandoned unto You. It’s so wonderous to be captivated in your bonds of love, yet completely free from sin’s entanglements, free from doubt and fear, free from worry and grief. You are my God, and I will praise you in the name of Jesus. Amen.

John 8:36 Psalm 19:13 Galatians 5:1

Lord God, thou knowest what I am and where I belong. Have mercy upon me and strengthen me, that I may not through weakness stay in the darkness. Lead me out into the light; and may I find my way and be contented with it. Amen.

Lord God, may all that we see and discover lead us to grow in wonder and appreciation. Amen.

I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. For in him you have been enriched in every way – with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge. 1 Corinthians 1:4–5, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that you are so near to us that we may feel and know we are your children, your children who are in your hands with all that belongs to our earthly life, all our needs and temptations, all our efforts and pain. We come together to thank you, and our thanksgiving wins a victory over everything that makes life difficult for us. In this thanksgiving the harshness, crookedness, and injustice on earth cannot harm us. Protect us with your light, which gives us wisdom for all situations and which lifts us above everything that is base and meaningless and must pass away. Amen.

Dear Father, please remind me that I am never too old to set a goal or to chase a dream.

bluidkiti 10-16-2013 11:12 AM

October 17

Prayer of St. Patrick

Lord, be with me and all who love you, this day:
Within us to purify us;
Above us to draw us up;
Beneath us to sustain us;
Before us to lead us;
Behind us to restrain us;
Around us to protect us.
In Christ's name we pray,

Amen.

by Saint Patrick (389-461 A.D.)

All to Jesus I surrender. Not my will but yours be done in my life. Father, you have given us the power to change, and I ask you, Holy Spirit, to expose any fear or doubts that try to linger. May I ever be well-balanced. I loose all ungodly, unwholesome mind-sets and renew my mind to the mind of Christ. Your perfect love cast out all fear when I am totally abandoned to you. You are effectually helping me work out my salvation. In the name of Jesus, I thank you for loving me. Amen.

2 Corinthians 10:3-5 1 Peter 5:8 1 John 4:18

Dear Lord, help me to remember that even in the depths of my despair, You are there. Help me to remember to rejoice and praise You even then, believing that there is a purpose in everything that happens. Give me the strength to turn my life over completely to You and to mean it, not dictating answers to my prayers, but being willing to listen and to sincerely put You in charge of my life. Give me courage to speak honestly in love, not shying away from reality, or lacking the courage to face the painful. Help me to know that You are my only real security and that You will not fail me. Guide me in the paths that I should walk, both for Your sake and for mine.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Loving Father, help me to pass by my discouragements of yesterday and look into the hope of to-day. Make me more careful of my strength, and less forgetful of thy promises and of my trust. Amen.

In times of difficulty, Lord, we appreciate the support and encouragement of others. In better times we feel stronger and more secure. Remind us then to co-operate with other people and look out for the needs of others, being ready to offer a smile, a word, and other support and encouragement. Amen.

Dear Father, please let what I do make a difference in the world.

bluidkiti 10-17-2013 09:49 AM

October 18

For the Needy

Dear Lord above, never let me forget about those who are hurting from guilt, shame and other afflictions I may not know about. Show me that I need to remember those who are: sick, imprisoned, lonely, confused, in need of a friend, dying, hungry, spiritually lost in their lives — wandering aimlessly through life. Teach me to comfort my brothers and sisters in their hours of need, wherever they may be. Guide me to look deeply into their hearts and understand.

Teach me to reach out my hands and help them up and feed their souls and hearts with your word, O Lord. Let me never forsake one of my hurting brothers or sisters along life's way. Grant me the strength to carry forth your will and your way in bringing all to you, dear Father. I pray this needful prayer through your blessed Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

May I go in peace, with God and with his other children, and may we love one another as Christ taught us. May I follow the example of good men of old, and may God comfort and help me and all who believe in Him, both in this world and in the world which is to come. Amen.

Father, it is no longer I that lives, but Christ Lives in me. I rely on Your ability, and choose to specialize in the impossible. You are guiding me and filling me with courage. I let go of yesterday, I let go of regret, I relinquish all resentments and I give you my pain. I relish in this present quiet moment — I wait upon You acknowledging that You are God. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Galatians 2:20 Philippians 3:13

Dear Lord Jesus, You have said, "Blessed are the meek," but how meek, Lord? Sometimes I feel that I am being "used," taken advantage of -- do You know what I mean, Lord? ... Help me to stop and ask myself, "Am I doing this for John Doe or for You?" If the task will further Your mission, then let me be "meek." Let me forget John Doe and remember only that I said I wanted to serve You.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' Matthew 22:37–39, NIV

Lord our God, through your Spirit help us to live in love to you. Open our eyes to see your goodness and truth surrounding us your children, even in this troubled world. We look to you, Almighty Father. Protect us in these difficult times. We plead for our country, entrusting it to your care so that love to you may be awakened. Where shall we turn except to you? Where shall we find help except in Jesus Christ, whom you have sent to us to win the victory, to subdue and end all evil in heaven, on earth, and under the earth, and to become Lord, to the glory of your name? Amen.

bluidkiti 10-18-2013 09:48 AM

October 19

Prayer of Thanks for This Life

O God in heaven, I was born a weak, defenseless child, but your angel spread his wings over my cradle to defend me. From birth until now your love has illumined my path and has wondrously guided me towards the light of eternity; from birth until now the generous gifts of your providence have been marvelously showered upon me. I give you thanks for every step of my life's journey, together with all who have come to know you, who call upon your name. All glory be to you, O God, from age to age, Amen.

Dear Lord, there are days when I am busy with living, snatching little time to praise You and to count my blessings, as I am caught up in my world. ... Help me even then to pause and realize that this same day may be dark and tragic for someone else. Let me stop and pray that I may be an instrument of Your healing, always mindful of my brother's needs.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, thou hast made sympathy divine. May I never make it commonplace. Grant that as thou dost bless and comfort me I may be willing to comfort others, and do whatsoever thou wouldst have me do. Amen.

Wisdom Made Known

Ephesians 3:9-12

Dear Father, who gives wisdom so generously,

How thankful I am that the congregation of your people has become the channel through which your multi-faceted and many-splendored wisdom will be made known to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places. It thrills me to know that it was your purpose eternally to realize this in Christ Jesus my Lord.

Thank you that through him we have confident and bold access to you.

Help me, help all of your people, not to lose heart over what we suffer and what our leaders suffer for us. Help us to see this as our glory!

In the name of Jesus I give you thanks and make these requests. Amen.

“A Prayer For Resisting The Devil”

Father, as we live in the Light of Your Word the devil’s venomous plots are exposed. We are not caught by surprise but rather we are filled with Your Spirit which prepares us to be on the offense rather than defense. We walk in truth and confidence as we stand strong on the day of evil. As we wear the full armor You have provided for our protection we can fight against the devil’s evil tricks. Our fight is not against flesh and blood but against the powers of this world’s darkness and the spiritual powers of evil in the heavenly world. So we pray in the spirit continuously asking for Your help, strength, and guidance. We also pray for our brothers and sisters that together we will stand firm against the enemy of our souls. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-19-2013 08:18 AM

October 20

Prayer for Sunday Worship

O God, who makes us glad with the weekly remembrance of the glorious resurrection of your Son our Lord Jesus Christ; Give me this day such blessings through my worship of you, that the days to come may be spent in your service; through the same Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Eternal God, heavenly Father, you have graciously accepted me as a living member of your Son our Savior Jesus Christ, and you have blessed me with the grace of forgiveness through the sacrifice He made for me and for all people. Send me now into the world in peace, and grant me strength and courage to love and serve you with gladness and singleness of heart; through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to see the "nowness" of my Christian faith. The past is past, and put aside, and the future is in Your hands, Lord, but the "now" is up to me. This is where I either reflect You or not, in how I live today. ... Fill me with Your Spirit, and enable me to be more than I am, so that I may seize this precious time that will not come again, and live today to Your glory.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Dear Father, please help me as I go out in this day. Help me realize that the power to help others rests with me.

Dear Lord, I come to you this morning to just to say thank You. I may not have everything I want but you are faithful to provide everything I need, I may not be where I want to be but You loved me to much to leave me where I used to be. Thank You for being a faithful God, A loving God, and A forgiving God. And although I deserve absolutely nothing, You give me everything. I pray for all my family and friends to have a wonderful day! AMEN

bluidkiti 10-20-2013 10:22 AM

October 21

Lord, I humbly come to you

To thank you in every circumstance
- For your grace
- For your Love

I pray that your wisdom helps guide my mind, my mouth and my hands during this week for your honor.

I know that if I work for you first - my efforts will not be in vain and will benefit those I love.

Please give me peace of mind, joy in my heart and love for
- my family,
- my friends,
- my neighbors
and my foes

In your name Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord God, help me to realize that the "good news" is that You are discoverable, that You are all that Jesus Christ declared You to be. Through Christ I can glimpse the very heart of You, and know that You are a God of love, hope and strength; through Him, I know that I can trust You with my world, and my life. ... Help me in turn to be trustworthy, to let You know in countless ways each day that You can rely on me. For this I thank You.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Eternal God, may I know the value of the gift of life. May I think seriously of it, and not through abuse or neglect cripple it, remembering that it is mine to sow, to grow, and to reap. I pray that I may care more for the food and raiment of my soul than I care for the food and raiment of my body. Amen.

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father: you have brought me in safety to this new day. Preserve me with your mighty power that I might not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity, and in all I do, direct me to the fulfilling of your purpose, through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen. The Book of Common Prayer

Rooted and Grounded

Ephesians 3:14-19

Dear Father, transcendent in power and fullness,

I bow my knees before you, Father, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named.

According to the riches of your glory strengthen me with your might in my innermost being, that Christ may dwell in my heart through the trust I have in him.

Root me and ground me in love so that I may have the power to comprehend - along with all your holy people - what is the breadth and length and height and depth of your goodness.

In the name of Jesus Christ I honor you and ask these blessings from your hand. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you so much for another day of life on Earth. Thank you for another beautiful sunrise to enjoy. Thank you for the wonderful sounds of nature, from the cool breeze brushing through the trees to the birds singing melodies. You are a wonderful God, full of grace and mercy. I praise you for allowing me another day to spend with my family. I love you Father! Amen.

Dear Lord, I pray that you would give me strength to be strong for You in the world today. Lord, you know the struggles that I will face today. Be with me as I go through them. Carry me if I am too weak to move. If I stumble in them, forgive me Father. When I succeed in them, I will praise You! You are worthy of all praise and honor. Amen.

Dear Glorious Father, I pray that I will stay focused on you today. I pray that You will constantly remind me to be content in all of my circumstances. I pray that You will fill me up that I may be joyful all day, even if stress creeps in. I know that through my contentment, You will be glorified. I want to honor You, Father, in all that I do. I praise Your Holy Name! Amen

Dear Father, thank you for today. Give me the strength to do what must be done today.

bluidkiti 10-21-2013 10:13 AM

October 22

May the God who made me, the God who keeps me, and the God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down His blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep Him in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day, and evermore. Amen.

Favor

LORD, I give thanks to You for You are good! Your mercy endures forever. Who can express Your mighty acts? Who can declare all Your praise? Remember me, O LORD, with the favor You have toward Your people. Visit me with Your salvation in the name of Your Son, Jesus. I love You, my Lord, my Redeemer. Amen.

Psalm 106:1-4

Dear Heavenly Father, let me try each day to serve You a little better, to love others a little more, and the make the world a little better because I am living now. ... At the close of each day, let me realize that where I have failed, or decided unwisely, or lost ground, even these departures were necessary for my spiritual growth. Let me accept myself as I am, as You have accepted me; let me ask Your forgiveness so that I can start anew tomorrow and do better. ... Thank You, Lord, that Your grace makes my living worthwhile, and my short-comings bearable.

In Jesus' holy name I pray.

Amen.

Heavenly Father, help us not to be anxious about anything in life, but in everything, by prayer and with thanksgivings, let us come unto you and find the peace that passes all understanding. Help us not to be anxious or worried about what life has to offer us each day. Enable us to pray instead, to pray with thanksgiving, for we know that you hear our prayer, answer our prayers, and provide what we need for that day. Enable us to praise you and worship you in prayer no matter what we have to face today. Teach us to bring every concern before you and leave it there. Keep us from doubting and having "What If" thoughts. Fill us with your peace and guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus our Lord so that we live free in him to serve you. This we ask and pray in Jesus' name, Amen!

Love Surpasses Knowledge

Ephesians 3:20-21

Dear Father, transcendent in knowledge and wisdom,

Grant that I may know the love of Christ, a love which surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled with the fullness which is yours.

Now to you, my God, who by the power at work within your people are able to do far more abundantly than all I can ask or even imagine - to you be glory in the congregation of your holy people and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen.

In the name of Jesus Christ I honor you and ask these blessings from your hand. Amen.

Lord, teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain wisdom of heart . . . Psalm 90

Help us do today the things that matter, not to waste the time we have. Yes, the moments we have are precious, Lord, see that we count them dear. Teach us to number our days aright. Fill us this day with your kindness, that we may be glad and rejoice all the days of our life.

“A Prayer For Encouragers”

Father, we’re reminded of the important role people like Barnabas play in our lives. They give us the benefit of the doubt; they reach out to us when others turn away from us; they see our need even when we don’t verbally express it; they steer us in the right direction when we’ve taken a wrong turn; they model for us the reflection of Christ. I thank You, Father, for Your Spirit manifested through these encouragers who physically, emotionally, and spiritually bless my life by their encouraging words and actions toward me. Prompt me often to spread the same kind of encouragement to those whom I have opportunity to bless. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul? Deuteronomy 10:12, NIV

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, be with us as we are gathered here. Through your Spirit let our hearts grow in understanding of how we can serve you rightly and live as you want us to live. Help us hold fast to all that is good. Free us more and more from everything that hinders us, from all that is evil. Show your loving-kindness to us and to our loved ones, wherever they may be. Hear every human heart that sighs to you, pleading that what is of heaven may overcome what is of earth. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-22-2013 10:13 AM

October 23

For Joy in God's Creation

O Heavenly Father, who has filled the world with beauty; Open my eyes to behold your gracious hand in all your works; that rejoicing in your whole creation, I may learn to serve you with gladness, faithfully managing your bounty; for the sake of him by whom all things were made, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it; Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

Redeemed

O, my LORD, I give You thanks for You are good! Your mercy endures forever. I am redeemed from the power of darkness and I say so. I cried to You in my trouble, and You delivered me out of my distresses. I thank You for Your goodness, and for Your wonderful works to my children. You satisfiy my longing soul, and fill my hungry soul with goodness. You are my God and I will praise You in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 107:1-9

Dear Lord, ... why? Just when I thought I was making some progress in becoming a better Christian, why do I find a house painter who never keeps an appointment on time, who also gets half-way through a job and then loses the code number of his paint? Lord, why is it that I find Your strength and assistance to weather the really serious crises in my life and then dissolve into hysterics over the disarray caused by my three-week's dealings with one elusive painter? ... Could it be, Lord, that there is something I have yet to learn, such as humility, patience, and forgiveness? Could it be that now I can better comprehend the profound way in which You exercised patience at the time of Your crucifixion? ... Even though my problems are small, perhaps I too need to learn to pray, "Father forgive him, even though he seems not to know what he is doing." Thank You for listening, Lord.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, lead me not to be hasty in jumping to conclusions about people. Influence me not to stereo-type individuals or make sweeping generalizations. Free me from prejudices which leave no-one free. Help me to appreciate that there are other ways of looking at things, realizing that others can have as equally valid a view as mine. Inspire me to grow in the ability to understand others and think as generously of them as I would like them to think of me. Amen.

Worthy of the Calling

Ephesians 4:1-4

Dear Father,

You have called me to your kingdom and glory! Help me to live a life worthy of the calling I have received from you.

Help me live the same life style that King Jesus lived. Let me live with humility and submission, with patience.

Help me to forbear others out of love for them.

Help me to be eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit.

Help me to be bound to my brothers and sisters in peace.

By Jesus' authority and in his name I boldly come to you, asking all this. Amen.

Lord, as a new day dawns, send the radiance of your light to shine in our hearts. Make us true to your teaching; keep us free from error and sin.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Today I may face obstacles I am not sure I can overcome. Please guide me as I go and give me wisdom to do the right thing.

bluidkiti 10-23-2013 09:33 AM

October 24

Praise and Thanks this Morning

Hallelujah! The sun has risen again and it is morning! And I have awoken into it, alive, breathing, thinking, knowing that the Son will rise again and I will be saved. What did I do to deserve this day? It is a gift from you. Glory and praise to you, my God: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, for filling me with life to live another day, for it is you who made me and not me myself.

I resolve to spend this day in the presence of the Holy Spirit, filled with his joy and energy, that I might accomplish your will, my God, and do what I can to deserve the joys of the day, for I know my time here is short. Be with me, oh Holy Spirit, to fill me with the energy and positivity and comfort that only you can bring. In Christ's name I pray that thy will be done, Amen.

For Faithfulness in the Use of this World's Goods

Almighty God, whose loving hand has given me all that I possess; Grant me grace that I may honor you with my substance, and remembering the account which I must one day give, may be a faithful steward of your bounty; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

To Treat Others with Love and Understanding

Heavenly Lord, you have commanded us to love one another, but sometimes even when I am pleasant to another person it is not sincere. Help me, I pray, to be sincere in choosing good over evil. Let my love and concern for others not be a sham. When I work for you, fill me with your Holy Spirit, that I might be committed and enthusiastic in your service. Let me live in your presence, and not get so wrapped up in my life that I forget about you.

And may I be patient when difficulties arise and not give way to frustration and anger, knowing always that the result belongs to you. Let me not take offense at others, let me not be thin-skinned, but shielded by the power of your Spirit, let me shrug off insults, whether real, or unintentional, or perceived. In Christ's name, I pray this. Amen.

Finally, let me go forth in thanks for the victory I have been given through our Lord Jesus Christ. May I be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, and always remembering that in the Lord our labor is not in vain. Amen.

Deliverance

LORD, I cried out to you in my distress. You sent Your word and healed me, and delivered me from my destructions. I give You thanks for Your goodness, and for Your wonderful works to my children. I sacrifice the sacrifices of thanskgiving, and declare Your works with joyful singing in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 107:19-22

Dear Lord, when I get out of harmony with You, I am out of harmony with myself! If I let this continue, it is likely to be reflected in my physical being. If I truly want to be whole, then let me seek to restore this inner harmony between us. ... Fill me with Your presence, and let the Holy Spirit guard me from yielding to any temptations to stray. Help me, Lord, to want to be what You know I can be. With Your help, I can be that person!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

My Father, teach me the value of the possessions that can neither be handled nor seen; and may I not take them away from others. Help me to keep thy commandment "Thou shalt not steal," and interpret it in all its relations to life. Amen.

Above All, Through All, In All

Ephesians 4:5-7

Dear Father,

Thank you, Father, for the unity you have provided for us: the one body, the one Spirit, the one hope that belongs to our calling, the one Lord, the one faith, the one immersion - and the one God!

For you, our God, are the one and only God and Father of us all. You are above all and through all and in all!

Thank you, holy God, for the measure of grace that you have given to me that I should be part of your universal fellowship.

How gracious and good you are!

By Jesus' authority and in his name I boldly come to you, asking all this. Amen.

Prayer for the Beginning of the Day

O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace, help me in all things to rely upon your holy will. In every hour of the day reveal your will to me. Bless my dealings with all who surround me. Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that your will governs all. In all my deeds and words, guide my thoughts and feelings. In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by you. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me strength to bear the fatigue of the coming day with all that it shall bring. Direct my will, teach me to pray. And you, yourself, pray in me. Amen.

Heavenly Father, Abiding God! Thank You Father for being near to all of us who call on You, and to all who call on You in Truth. We draw near to You, knowing that You are ever near to us. We confess the times when we doubted You were there, but we realize now that it was us who had moved away and not You. Please help us to pray more fervently, especially during the times when we do not hear an answer to out prayers. Help us to focus more on Your Word, and to trust You to deliver us from all doubts and fears. Your word is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. We Praise You! This we pray in Jesus' Precious name, Amen!

Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought me in safety to the beginning of this day: Preserve me with your mighty power, that I may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all I do, direct me to the fulfilling of your purposes; through Jesus Christ my Lord. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Following Christ”

Father, as we become one with Christ we become a new creation. The old order of things has passed away and all things become new because You are sanctifying our hearts and thus aligning our outlook to be a reflection of Yours. And furthermore we are issued the command to deny our own willful desires, take up our cross every day, and follow You wholeheartedly. May we be careful to make a checklist daily to see that we live in accordance to Your commands, that we might reach others for Christ and find reward in our daily obedience to You. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, please grant me peace so I can face the day with a clear mind and calm heart.

Father, we thank you for a new day and new beginnings. Help us this day to realize that just as a deep wound takes time to heal, slanderous words also destroy ones character, and leave questions in the minds of others. How important it is to choose our words carefully, prayerfully, and with wisdom from you. Help us today to look to you with the desire to heal, and not hurt with our word and actions? May we seek you in all that we do, so that our words come from love and not justification or judgment.

bluidkiti 10-24-2013 10:19 AM

October 25

I bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day. Amen.

In the Time of Trouble

Father, thank You for Your goodness. My soul was melting because of trouble, I was at my wits’ end. Then I cried to You, my LORD, in my trouble, and You brought me out of my distresses. You calmed the storm, and the waves are still. Now I am glad. Thank You for guiding me. I give thanks to You for Your goodness, and for Your wonderful works to my children in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 107:23-31

Dear Lord Jesus, help me to search my heart today and see if I am really living what I say I believe. Give me courage to look at the "real me," the strength to change what separates me from You, and love enough to ignore the cost!

This I pray in Your holy name.

Amen.

My Father, if I may be living in bad habits, help me to get out of them. If I may be neglectful of good deeds, help me to get at them. May I reach for the highest purposes as I search for the realities, and may I not delay, but start today. Amen.

Jesus, light of the world, lead us to be tolerant and understanding of others, looking for what unites people rather than what might divide and separate. Inspire us always to discover the best in one another and work together to build up your kingdom in our world today. Amen.

O come, let us sing to the Lord; let us heartily rejoice in the rock of our salvation. Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving and be glad in him with psalms. For the Lord is a great God and a great king above all gods. In his hand are the depths of the earth and the heights of the mountains are his also. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands have moulded the dry land. Come, let us worship and bow down and kneel before the Lord our Maker. For he is our God; we are the people of his pasture and the sheep of his hand.

Holy Father, Creator God! Thank You for all that You have given us: your continued blessings, provisions, protection and everlasting presence. Thank You for sharing Yourself and Your Kingdom with us. Bless us and enlarge our spiritual territory of life, faith and grace. Let Your hand be upon us always and keep us from all harm and evil. Enable us to give back to You by helping and blessing others with the same love, grace and mercy You have shown us. This we pray in the Blessed name of Jesus, our Savior, Amen!"

We praise You, O God, with the morning light, and in the brightness of a new day we bless Your holy name.

For all You have given us – the gift of life, making us in Your own image, allowing us to share as children in Your knowledge and love and in Your work and joy, we thank you, Heavenly Father.

For all good things in the world, for food and clothing, for home and friendship, for useful tasks and good pleasures, we thank You, Heavenly Father.

For all spiritual blessings, for the good example and blessed memory of Your saints, for the secret influence of Your Spirit, we thank You, Heavenly Father.

And above all we bless You for the redeeming life and death of Your dear Son, our Savior – Jesus Christ. Amen.

God our Father, you conquer the darkness of ignorance by the light of your Lord. Strengthen within our hearts the faith you have given us; let not temptation ever quench the fire that your love has kindled with us. We ask this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

BLESSING
May the Lord bless us, protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life. Amen

“A Prayer For The Spirit’s Help”

Father, we are very grateful for the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives; thankful especially for the convicting work of the Spirit that enables us to see our need for salvation. You provide guidance, comfort, correction, and strength through the work of the Spirit that resides within our hearts. Not only are we prompted and led by Your Spirit, but we consider those who are sensitive to the Spirit’s leading, who have come to us in our time of need and helped to restore our strength or helped clarify Your leading in our lives. May we also be willing messengers of Your Holy Spirit as we serve You day in and day out. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world; he who follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12, RSV

Lord our God, grant that our spirit may recognize your Spirit and your love, so that our lives cannot be swallowed up by passing concerns but are lifted to something higher. Help us hold fast to all the blessings you have allowed us to experience, the blessings you will certainly continue to give, even though new battles and new troubles are all around us. Send a great light to shine among the many people whose task is to lead the way so that your kingdom may come. Send light so that your name may be honored through men's deeds and you may be known as life for all. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Give me the wisdom to know that even the smallest effort can produce big results.

Dear heavenly Father, I am thankful that I am a child of Yours, and that You are always there to meet every need that I have. My faith and trust are in You, and I know that whatever a day brings, You will be there with me. Give me the grace to deal with the problems that I must face. Also, may I remain humble when You reward me and bless me in special ways. May I always be mindful to give You thanks and praise for everything that You have done for me and my family. I do not want to take Your blessings for granted. All praise belongs to You! I pray this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Staying Faithful”

Father, there is gladness in our hearts when we express our praise to You. We don’t want a complaining heart that dwells on that which one does not have, but we desire a thankful heart that appreciates all that has been given to us. We have continuous evidence of Your grace in every area of our life including that of our fellow brothers and sisters who have forsaken the world and surrendered their all to You. May we be eager to reveal Your grace to others as You continue the lifelong work of replacing our old nature by transforming it into the likeness of Your Son, Jesus Christ. May we be found faithful with steadfast purpose all the days of our life. Amen

Dear Father, thank you for today and all that you do. I love you Lord with all my heart. Please help me show this love to others as I go about the day.

Prayer for Strength and Faith
In the name of Jesus Christ, I pray, Dear Lord, see me through these hard times. In these troubling times, I am filled with unspeakable fears. I reach out my hand to you now, And ask you to walk besides me. I cannot carry all my burdens, But I know you can, and will. Please walk beside me. Please guide me. Please help me hold on strong, Through the trials and storms. Help me hold on to my faith, In even the darkest hour. Stay with me Lord, And show me Your way. In your love and Holy Spirit I abide. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-25-2013 11:01 AM

October 26

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray to you to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Deliverance

O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and give praise…I will awaken the dawn, I will praise You, O LORD, among the peoples. I will sing praises to You among the nations. Your mercy is great above the heavens, and Your truth reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the havens, and Your glory above all the earth, that Your beloved may be delivered; save with Your right hand, and answer me in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 108:1-6

A More Perfect Union

Ephesians 4:14-16

Dear Father, Giver of life and growth,

We bless you, Father, because what you want for each of us your children is that we may no longer remain immature children but become grown-up children, no longer tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of strange teachings, by the cunning of men with their crafty and deceitful schemes.

Thank you, Father, rather for calling us to speak the truth in love and to grow up in every way in him who is the head, into Christ.

Thank you for putting Christ into us and us into Christ so that the whole body, with each part working properly and joined and knit together by every connection with which it is supplied, makes bodily growth and builds itself up in love.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

As we rejoice in the gift of this new day, so may the light of your presence, O God, set our hearts on fire with love for you; now and for ever. Amen.

O God, you are our blessed light, --awaken us this new day. By the resurrection of your Son, you have enlightened the world, --and given us new hope. By your Spirit you gave wisdom to the disciples of your Son, --send your Spirit upon us and make us faithful. Light of the nations, shine on those who dwell in darkness, --open their eyes to know you, the only true God.

Dear Father, as I face this day give me the wisdom to be kind, the strength to handle critisim, and peace so the day may be filled with joy.

Dear heavenly Father, remind me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those around me. May I always be mindful to share my thankfulness and offer praise to others. Help me to overcome selfishness and pridefulness. May I never be one that boasts in the things I do, but may I boast in the things You do. I do praise You for Your goodness and kindness that You daily show me. May I also be good and kind to others by noticing their accomplishments and voicing my appreciation to them. Lord, I desire to be like You, and demonstrate Your kindness to others. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer for Friends
Vienna Cobb Anderson
You have created us to live in community, O God of love; bless our friends who provide us with the grace and love of an extended family. Endow them with the riches of your blessings: good health, sight, and mobility, that they may enjoy the wonders of your creation and share their delight with others. Bless them with keen minds and compassionate hearts that they may create a better life for all. Guard them from injustice, oppression, and evil that they may know freedom and hope lifelong. In their waking and in their sleeping, in their laughter and in their tears, surround them with your love until the end of their days; and so bring them to eternal life in peace. Through Jesus Christ, our Savior. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-26-2013 11:07 AM

October 27

For the Spirit of Prayer

Almighty God, who pours out the spirit of grace and of supplication to all who ask for it; Deliver me, when I draw near to you, from coldness of heart and wanderings of mind, so that with steadfast thoughts and kindled affections, I may worship You in spirit and in truth; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Prayer for Compassion

I need to be forgiven, God, so many times a day.
So often do I slip and fall, Be merciful I pray!
Help me not to be critical, when other's faults I see;
For so many times, O God, The same faults are in me.

O Lord, forgive Our insensitivity to the needs of others, 0 Lord, forgive. Our prejudice and fear that prevent us from loving, 0 Lord, forgive. The narrowness of our vision and our shrinking from your demands, 0 Lord, forgive. Our resentment against those who have hurt us, 0 Lord, forgive. Our desire to do your work in our way, 0 Lord, forgive. Our impatiance with those who are different from us, 0 Lord, forgive. Our failure to listen properly to other points of view, 0 Lord, forgive. Our fear of coming out of the fortress of our own souls into fuller life and deeper love, 0 Lord, forgive. – 276 Modern prayer from Toronto, Canada

O God, because without you we are not able to please you, mercifully grant that your Holy Spirit may in all things direct and rule our hearts; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

Of the Holy Spirit

Almighty and most merciful God, grant that by the indwelling of your Holy Spirit we may be enlightened and strengthened for your service; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen.

A Collect for Peace

O God, the author of peace and lover of concord, to know you is eternal life and to serve you is perfect freedom: Defend us, your humble servants, in all assaults of our enemies; that we, surely trusting in your defense, may not fear the power of any adversaries; through the might of Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

May the Holy Spirit rush into your life and lead you to boldly speak the name of Jesus without holding back.

May the Holy Spirit give you courage to face the world as the world is so much stronger.

May the Holy Spirit remind you what Jesus taught that you may teach others.

May the Holy Spirit lead you to places that you would never dream of going.

May the Holy Spirit be your guide as it did for those first disciples.

Let us pray…

Holy and Mighty God, it is difficult to admit that we are powerless and weak. It is scary to think we are nothing but sheep in the midst of ravenous wolves. Oh God, restore our hope in you through Jesus. Strengthen our faith that we may know your peace. Open our eyes that we may see your power. And send us forth in your name. May we not rely on our ingenuity, creativity or intelligence but may we seek your wisdom in order to bring your peace into this world. Loving God, you are the restorer of creation, not us. May we be your instruments and give glory to your name. Now may the words of my mouth and the meditations of our hearts be acceptable in your sight, Oh God, our Rock, Redeemer and Restorer, Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for today. Please be with those who are in need and guide them on the road they must travel.

Father, we thank You again for this day and another chance to express our love, praise and thankfulness for Your never-ending mercy and blessings. Thank You for our daily bread and shelter. Strengthen believers with Your Holy Spirit, touching each heart with the assurance of Your love and presence because we need it. In every controversial situation we face please reveal Your presence stirring the desire in people to desire You. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. I ask that my weaknesses do not lead others to stray. Please give me the wisdom to make the right choices and lead by example.

bluidkiti 10-27-2013 10:40 AM

October 28

For the Day and Week Ahead

Oh Lord God, I come to you in the morning, full of hope that the day to come might be filled with joy and energy. Grant that I may do my work with a light and happy heart; and if there are tasks that I do not look forward to, or even dread, let me undertake them with courage and resolve. For this day could be perfect, if I can only live it in You and with You and for You.

Where I face frustration today, and throughout the coming week, let me handle it with acceptance and faith that the outcome is in Your hands. Lead me away from anger or judgment of other people. Let me tend to my own garden instead of looking over the fence. If my neighbor's yard is filled with weeds, help me not to criticize, and keep me from envy of those whose tree bears more fruit.

And let everything I attempt be filled with the knowledge and guidance of Your Holy Spirit. I pray that the Spirit will be with me at every moment, and that I will always be aware of Him, and live every moment of this day in Your presence. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Prayer of Saint Francis of Assisi

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.

Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen.

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

My Father, help me to understand that I cannot have self-development unless the spirit of truth drills my character. Cleanse my heart from all impurity, and strengthen me for all usefulness: help me to daily live this prayer. Amen.

My Old Nature Put to Death

Ephesians 4:22-24

Dear Father, righteous and holy God,

Enable me to put away completely my old human nature - the former lifestyle corrupted by deceitful desires.

Help me to be renewed in the spirit of my mind, to put on a new nature, created in your likeness in true righteousness and holiness.

Father, make me holy like Jesus, righteous with his righteousness!

In the name of the holy Jesus I pray for true holiness within me. Amen.

O Lord, remind us of the times that you have stood by us and given us strength so that we can continue to share your message. Amen.

Dear Lord, our time on earth is short. Please help me realize that it is not the amount of time, but the quality of the time I spend that counts.

bluidkiti 10-28-2013 10:47 AM

October 29

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

My Father, I pray that I may be more generous with my smiles and gladness, and more saving with my tears and sadness. Amen.

Lord, let us never be so tied up or occupied only with our own concerns that we lose focus on the real world. Inspire us to live in such a way that we live balanced and unselfish lives, having quality time for others in which we are genuine in our attention and compassion and care, knowing that we are all brothers and sisters. Amen.

Good Neighbors

Ephesians 4:25-28

Dear Father, worthy of my love and obedience,

May the thought of deceit or falsehood never enter into my relations with my brothers and sisters in Christ. Let all of us speak the truth with our neighbors, since we are members of each other.

Don't let my anger turn into sin. May I never let the sun go down on my wrath. Don't let grudge-holding and unforgiveness on my part give the devil any opportunity.

Help me never to covet anything that belongs to someone else, but rather to work with my mind and my hands to get the things needed by myself and others.

In the name of Jesus who sacrificed himself for my sake. Amen.

Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, Lord. They rejoice in your name all day long; they celebrate your righteousness. Psalm 89:15–16, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, how lovingly you have thought of us! How much good you let us experience again and again! So our hearts are happy, and we go to rest this night full of joy and thanks because we are your children. Our thanks and joy shall be our service to you day and night. More than this you do not ask, and in this we will be faithful. We want to be joyful and to be glad for our lives. Even when we face dark hours, O Lord our God, we are filled with hope that brings us joy for the future as well as for the present, with assurance that your salvation is coming. We rejoice in what you give us already today. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am so very grateful for all you have given me. Thank you for being there for me in my darkest hours. Please continue to be beside me as I face the unknown.

“A Prayer For Recognition Of God’s Blessings”

Father, You are the Giver of all good things. You have given us so much and we are indeed grateful. Move upon our hearts to be generous with our resources. When we’re tempted to look at other’s possessions in comparison to our own, bring to our mind those who have less rather than those who have more. This will help us to be more prayerful and generous toward those who are without. It will also help us to be less whining and more content with what we have. Amen.

Dear Father, I ask you to help me be strong. I want to forgive those who have done me wrong and live a life of happiness. I ask for the strength as forgiveness can be difficult when hurt feelings start to surface.

bluidkiti 10-29-2013 08:26 AM

October 30

Prayer of St. Richard of Chichester (1230 A.D.)

Thanks be to thee, my Lord Jesus Christ, For all the benefits thou hast won for me,
For all the pains and insults thou hast borne for me.

O most merciful Redeemer, Friend, and Brother,
May I know thee more clearly,
Love thee more dearly,
And follow thee more nearly
For ever and ever.
Amen.

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord God, You never said that life would be easy, but You did say that if we would believe in You, and commit our ways to Your way, that we could trust You, and that Your will would never take us beyond where Your grace could sustain us! Help us, Lord, to realize that You loved us enough to send Your Son, both as an example and as a sacrifice for our sins. ... Open our eyes to see that today, when we take a stand with You and find society often quick to criticize and put us down, that it is then that we discover Your strength! Just as You told Your apostle Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in [your] weakness."* ... Forgive me Lord, for doubting that You care. Thank You Lord, for Your Holy Spirit's communication line, just as Your Son promised. Help me to always keep the line open, not just in times of need, but to continually praise You and thank You for Your care and Your blessings.

In Jesus' name I pray this prayer.

Amen.

* (I Cor. 12:9)

Lord God, when difficulties surround us, help us to keep a sense of balance, and stay peaceful within. Amen.

Imitating God

Ephesians 4:29-5:2

Dear Father, worthy of my love and obedience,

Let nothing evil come out of my mouth - only what is good for building others up. Let whatever I say fit the occasion, that it may impart grace to those who hear.

Don't let me do anything that would grieve your Holy Spirit within me, by which I have been sealed for the day of redemption. Help me get rid of all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and slander, and especially anything malicious. Help me to be kind to others, tenderhearted, and forgiving, even as you have forgiven me in Christ.

Father, I want to imitate you, as a loving child would imitate a father.

And may I walk in love, even as Christ loved me and gave himself up for me, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to you.

In the name of Jesus who sacrificed himself for my sake. Amen.

Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord. Psalm 117, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you that we may come to you and that our spirits can reach out for your help and your comfort. May we draw strength from communion with you, our Father. May we realize more fully that we are your children, truly your children, who throughout our pilgrimage are allowed to know you as our refuge and our help. Remember our world, and grant that many hearts awaken and turn to you, looking to you in all the fear and need which sweep over many people in our time. Let your Spirit be revealed to our hearts in quiet, bringing many experiences from you, O Lord our God, and from your kingdom. Protect us every day in the many lands throughout the earth. For the nations are yours; they shall receive life and blessing from you, and at last your kingdom will be revealed in all the world, to the eternal glory of your name. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am so very grateful for all you have given me. Thank you for being there for me in my darkest hours. Please continue to be beside me as I face the unknown.

Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for all you have done for me. You do so much and yet I still ask for more. Please forgive me and guide me to be appreciative for what I have and what is truly important.