Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reflections for Every Day - March (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2953)

yukonm 03-01-2014 07:25 AM

Reflections for Every Day - March

March 1

Gabby P. Says:

When I get really frustrated and I think I'm not "getting well" fast enough I remember what I heard when I first came around, "You didn't get sick in a day and you won't get well in a day either." It helps me remember that recovery is a process, despite the fact that I hate that word! Anything worth keeping needs to be earned and I think that is true with sobriety. I feel that if my higher power led me on this path and saved my life as long as I continue on it I will recover one day at a time.

yukonm 03-02-2014 06:09 AM

March 2

Beverly Says:

I have been clean and sober for over a year. What an experience. Life is good. I still chose to continue in my out patient rehab. Recovery is a day to day process and on my mind constantly throughout my day. When life's situations become uncertain or complicated, I just remember the phrase "Keep it Simple." Sounds too easy and of course, it is not. This small phrase with such powerful meaning has helped me through many obstacles of everyday life.

yukonm 03-03-2014 07:31 AM

March 3

Fagan Says:

Reading these Thoughts of the Day everyday has made a real impact on my life. I didn't know anything about alcoholism and its destructive nature. The ramifications have carved and scarred a major highway through our lives. Understanding what is really going on with my ex-husband and his addictions has made all the difference.

yukonm 03-04-2014 07:15 AM

March 4

Herbert Says:

As long as I follow those who have come before me, I have a little more insurance not to slip.

yukonm 03-05-2014 06:41 AM

March 5

Jennifer A. Says:

Making my sobriety the most important thing in my life has changed everything for me. It has brought about a change in attitude that is noticed by all who know me. AA has truly helped me be happy, joyous, and free.

yukonm 03-06-2014 07:10 AM

March 6

David G. Says:

I have been receiving your emails for a little over 2 yrs. That's how I choose to start my day. I go online every day before work, and on my day off, and read your Thoughts of the Day. It helps me to stay grateful for my life now, by reminding me of the gruesome reality of my previous life.

yukonm 03-07-2014 07:26 AM

March 7

Shaun Says:

To me being an alcoholic is like being in an empty silo with no way to grip the sides. Then when I finally admitted to my self that I had a problem I found that I could hold onto the sides and edge my way out of this great abyss. Once out of the silo I climbed down to the ground, and started one day at a time moving away from this prison, and gradually it disappeared into the distance. Every day I know that I am getting further and further away from that silo. I have been sober now for 14 years.

yukonm 03-08-2014 07:32 AM

March 8

Ron C. Says:

Before AA I judged everything and everyone. Now I am learning to not even judge myself. I was harder on myself than anyone else. Now I simply look at my behavior, and if it is not recovery behavior, I modify it.

yukonm 03-09-2014 07:58 AM

March 9

Jean F. Says:

Something I hear a lot in meetings that helps me with patience during my growing is first, "I came... then I came to... then I came to believe."

mzimmer 03-09-2014 08:03 AM

Took a while to come to. Was fantastic when I came to believe. God bless

MajestyJo 03-09-2014 09:39 AM

Welcome to the site mzimmer, thank you for signing in and sharing.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/i...0q5xZ1jkWBPp9s

yukonm 03-10-2014 07:55 AM

March 10

Rebecca J. Says:

With the start of a new year, I am excited knowing I am starting out clean and sober. I am new in the program with right under 6 months of sober time, and I am so very thankful for every day of it, I look forward to the new strength I am building each and every day.

yukonm 03-11-2014 08:06 AM

March 11

Clarice P. Says:

I'm a very grateful member of Al-Anon. I am most grateful for AA and Al-Anon! My son, an addict-alcoholic, will celebrate 12 years straight and sober this year. This is a miracle!

yukonm 03-12-2014 06:12 AM

March 12

Elissa G. Says:

When I first came into the rooms, some said I would be brainwashed. It was suggested that at that point in time my brain needed a good washing. My way got me there. It was time to listen, take direction, and try a way that helped countless others like me.

yukonm 03-13-2014 07:02 AM

March 13

Jack P. Says:

Our book, "Alcoholics Anonymous," says not everyone who drinks alcoholically is an alcoholic. If you can successfully control your drinking, the chances are you're probably not an alcoholic. If however, you find that your drinking is uncontrollable, then you might just be an alcoholic. Only you can decide.