Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Encouraging Word - March (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2956)

bluidkiti 03-01-2014 08:51 AM

Encouraging Word - March

March 1

The Lord hears his people when they call to him for help. He rescues them from all their troubles. Psalm 34:17

Proverbs 17:22 (NKJV) A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.

Thought: Could laughter be like spiritual therapy? It's what the word says.

bluidkiti 03-02-2014 07:50 AM

March 2

The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. Psalm 34:19

Luke 3:11 (NLT) John replied, "If you have two shirts, give one to the poor. If you have food, share it with those who are hungry."

Thought: Helping the poor is close to God's heart. Visit fillingthevoid on the world wide web.

bluidkiti 03-03-2014 08:33 AM

March 3

This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! Ezekiel 37:5

Psalm 106:13 (NLT) Yet how quickly they forgot what He had done! They would not wait for His counsel!

Thought: God keeps His promises. Keep your faith.

Today’s Scripture: Joshua 1:9 (NLT):This is my command—be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Today’s Thought: God is with you. Always. It doesn’t matter what you are going through. Trust and lean on Him, He will never let you down!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to fully rely on You. I know You will never leave or forsake me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-04-2014 09:14 AM

March 4

For "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." Romans 10:13

Psalm 107:2 (NLT) Has the Lord redeemed you? Then speak out!

Thought: Share your story. You have something to give.

bluidkiti 03-05-2014 09:44 AM

March 5

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

Psalm 86:9 (NIV) All the nations You have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name.

Thought: The day will come. Keep longing for it.

MajestyJo 03-05-2014 09:55 AM

Always thought, in recovery, if I had enough for one, I had enough for two. My God does provide.

My daily prayer is that be used as a channel of His peace. In order to do that I need to be clean and sober.

bluidkiti 03-06-2014 10:40 AM

March 6

The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13

Psalm 86:16 (NIV) Turn to me and have mercy on me; grant Your strength to Your servant...

Thought: God has what you need.

bluidkiti 03-07-2014 08:50 AM

March 7

Publish his glorious deeds among the nations. Tell everyone about the amazing things he does. 1 Chronicles 16:24

Proverbs 25:27 (NIV) ...It it not honorable to seek one's own honor.

Thought: Tooting your horn makes an ugly noise. Just do your best and God will take care of the rest.

bluidkiti 03-08-2014 09:33 AM

March 8

This is real love - not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. 1 John 4:10

Luke 3:2 (NIV) ...the word of God came to John son of Zechariah in the desert.

Thought: God'll meet you anytime, anywhere.

Today’s Scripture: 1 Peter 3:15 (NLT): Instead, you must worship Christ as Lord of your life. And if someone asks about your Christian hope, always be ready to explain it.

Today’s Thought: People are lost & hurting everywhere we turn. They are looking for someone to fill that empty void in their heart. The answer is Jesus. We are His ambassadors. We must be ready to share the Good News – anytime. Anywhere. Are you prepared?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me be prepared to be a light for You in this lost & hurting world. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-09-2014 10:35 AM

March 9

Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people! Psalm 66:5

Luke 1:74-75 (NLT) ...we can serve God without fear, in holiness and righteousness for as long as we live.

Thought: Our relationship with Christ is based on love, not judgment.

bluidkiti 03-10-2014 09:17 AM

March 10

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! Psalm 42:11

Psalm 84:11 (NIV) ...the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Thought: Looking for honor in life? Pray for a blameless life.

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 14:13-14 (NLT): As soon as Jesus heard the news, he left in a boat to a remote area to be alone. But the crowds heard where he was headed and followed on foot from many towns. Jesus saw the huge crowd as he stepped from the boat, and he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

Today’s Thought: Jesus, the Alpha & Omega, the King of kings, the Lord of lords had compassion on the people. Not only did He had compassion, but He healed them all and then fed them. Jesus cares about every area of our lives. How can we show compassion & love on people today, just has Jesus did?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to love people as You love them. Send the hurting to me today so I can lead them to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-11-2014 08:44 AM

March 11

Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Psalm 84:12 (NIV) O Lord Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in You.

Thought: Nuff said. Amen.

bluidkiti 03-12-2014 09:24 AM

March 12

Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here, and look at my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!" John 20:27

Psalm 23:3 (NIRV) He gives me new strength. He guides me in the right paths for the honor of His name.
Thought: God knows the way you should take. Just ask Him.

Today’s Scripture: Colossians 3:12 (NLT): Since God chose you to be the holy people he loves, you must clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.

Today’s Thought: God chose us to be holy. Since this is opposite of our nature it will not happen overnight, instead it is a continual process. This process is very difficult & often feels unattainable, however, with much prayer, we can work towards the goal.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to become more like You each day. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-13-2014 10:56 AM

March 13

I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. Philippians 3:14

Zechariah 8:13 (NIV) Do not be afraid, but let your hands be strong.
Thought: Whatever you face today, God's at your side.

Numbers 18:29 (NLT): Be sure to give to the LORD the best portions of the gifts given to you.

Today’s Thought: Jesus gave His all for us. As we gather together for worship, let’s remember to give our best to Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your Son Jesus. Today, I surrender all to You. I ask that You shape me into the person You want me to be. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-14-2014 11:08 AM

March 14

I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. John 14:27

Zechariah 8:23 (NIV) ...We have heard that God is with you.

Thought: What about you? Do people see Jesus in you?

Today’s Scripture: Ecclesiastes 10:12 (NLT): Wise words bring approval, but fools are destroyed by their own words.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, every word we speak should be Father-filtered. We have life & death in our tongue. Today let’s try to only speak life.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue today. Help me be an encouragement to someone today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-15-2014 09:24 AM

March 15

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed. Psalm 34:18

Psalm 145:7 (NIV) They will celebrate Your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of Your righteousness.

Thought: Who said Christians should be so somber? Our lives should shine with Jesus' joy.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 2:3-4 (NLT): Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too.

Today’s Thought: Selfishness is one of the hardest things to conquer because our human nature is “it’s all about me.” The fact is, it’s all about others. How can you minister to someone’s needs today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me to be aware of those people that You have put in my life today. Help me minister to them today. I ask that You give me the words to say to them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-16-2014 07:38 AM

March 16

This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Amos 9:11 (NIV) In that day I will restore...

Thought: God still fixes broken hearts and lives.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 138:2 (NLT): I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

Today’s Thought: There is something that changes in our lives when we: bow before God, praise & honor God. Today, let’s thank Him for all His wonderful blessings in our lives.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for all of Your blessings that You have given me. Thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die for my sins. I pray that You help me stay in a constant state of gratitude today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-17-2014 09:58 AM

March 17

God's voice is glorious in the thunder. We can't even imagine the greatness of his power. Job 37:5

Acts 17:27 (NASB) ...God is not far from each one of us.

Thought: Reach out. He's right there for you.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 3:13-14 (NLT): Joyful is the person who finds wisdom, the one who gains understanding. For wisdom is more profitable than silver, and her wages are better than gold.

Today’s Thought: Wisdom is talked about a lot – especially in the book of Proverbs. Why? Because our enemy – satan – is very wise. He knows how to twist the truth to make us believe anything. We must be wise so we don’t fall in the traps of the enemy!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me become wiser each day. I ask that You teach me how to see the traps of the enemy so I do not fall for them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-18-2014 07:32 AM

March 18

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. James 1:2-3

Psalm 147:2 (CEV) Shout praises to the Lord! Our God is kind, and it is right and good to sing praises to Him.

Thought: Our worship shows God our gratitude for all the good things He does.

bluidkiti 03-19-2014 07:58 AM

March 19

Praise the Lord! Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

Psalm 147:3 (NIRV) God heals those who have broken hearts. He takes care of their wounds.

Thought: Don't hold onto your hurts. Give 'em to God.

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 7:28-29 (NLT): When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching, for he taught with real authority—quite unlike their teachers of religious law.

Today’s Thought: Jesus’ words were amazing back then and still are today! When you read His words, you often see something new each time. Why? Because His words are so powerful. We too can teach with the same power He has. We just have to be obedient and open our mouth when He tells us to.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me know Your voice so I can be obedient to You . In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-20-2014 08:34 AM

March 20

As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength. Psalm 138:3

2 Corinthians 6:2 (NIV) I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation...

Thought: Make today the most important day of your life. Make a commitment to follow Christ.

bluidkiti 03-21-2014 09:39 AM

March 21

Come back to the place of safety, all you prisoners who still have hope! I promise this very day that I will repay two blessings for each of your troubles. Zechariah 9:12

Jeremiah 17:14 (NIV) Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the one I praise.

Thought: Passionate prayers get right to the point.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 34:10 (NLT): Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the LORD will lack no good thing.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a hard thing to learn but also critical in our relationship with God. God will take care of His children. Guaranteed! You can always trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me learn how to trust You in every area in my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-22-2014 09:21 AM

March 22

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 1 Timothy 2:1

Mark 16:20 (NIV) Then the disciples went out and preached everywhere, and the Lord worked with them and confirmed His word by the signs that accompanied it.

Thought: Our job is to go. God's job is to do.

bluidkiti 03-23-2014 08:38 AM

March 23

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time - to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 1:9

Psalm 145:4 (NIV) One generation will commend Your works to another...

Thought: Our responsibility to reach young people comes with great rewards.

Today’s Scripture: 1 Samuel 3:8-9 (NLT): So the LORD called a third time, and once more Samuel got up and went to Eli. “Here I am. Did you call me?” Then Eli realized it was the LORD who was calling the boy. So he said to Samuel, “Go and lie down again, and if someone calls again, say, ‘Speak, LORD, your servant is listening.’” So Samuel went back to bed.

Today’s Thought: God longs to speak to each one of us. However, sometimes we do not know when He is speaking just as Samuel did. However, the more you spend time with God, the easier it will become!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to know Your voice. I am listening. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-24-2014 09:16 AM

March 24

The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. Psalm 103:8

Luke 19:9 (NIRV) Jesus said to Zacchaeus, “Today salvation has come to your house."

Thought: Lead your family to living water. Pray for their salvation.

bluidkiti 03-25-2014 07:35 AM

March 25

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them. Romans 8:28

Psalm 147:4 (NIV) God determines the numbers of the stars and calls them each by name.

Thought: Make no mistake. Christ is the Creator. Pray for people to grow and "evolve" in understanding.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 5:6-7 (NLT): So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Today’s Thought: If we are humble and do what God has called us to do, He will take care of us. It is not at all about creating a name for yourself and becoming a millionaire, it is however about lifting up the name of Jesus.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to be mindful of others around me that do not know You. I ask that You open up a door for me to share the gospel with someone today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-26-2014 11:34 AM

March 26

God has called us to live holy lives, not impure lives. 1 Thessalonians 4:7

Psalm 147:6 (NIRV) The Lord gives strength to those who aren’t proud...

Thought: God loves to help those who know they need help.

Today’s Scripture: 3 John 1:3-4 (NLT): Some of the brothers recently returned and made me very happy by telling me about your faithfulness and that you are living in the truth. I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children live in the truth.

Today’s Thought: The Bible says that “the truth will set you free.” We need to live our lives in the truth. The truth is: We are free! Jesus paid the price so we do not have to! Let’s start living in the truth today.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for setting me free! Help me remember this today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-27-2014 10:56 AM

March 27

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16

Psalm 147:11 (NIRV) The Lord takes delight in those who have respect for Him. They put their hope in His faithful love.

Thought: Always step toward God, not away from Him. Your faith will follow the way you walk.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-8 (NLT): In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises. Supplement your faith with a generous provision of moral excellence, and moral excellence with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with patient endurance, and patient endurance with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more productive and useful you will be in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: Love goes a long way. In fact the entire basis of Christianity is built upon love. “For God so LOVED the world….” We need to demonstrate the love of God to people that God has put in our life. It may be a co-worker, customer, friend or maybe oven a cashier!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for loving me just the I am. I ask that You put people on my path today that need You. I also ask that You show me how to love people just as You love them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-28-2014 09:52 AM

March 28

For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love. Galatians 5:13

Psalm 147:13 (NCV) He makes your city gates strong and blesses your children inside.

Thought: Pray for your city, its schools and for future generations.

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 6:19-21 (NLT): Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Today’s Thought: In today’s society, different things are constantly pulling at us, work, family, bills and if there is time left give to God. This is opposite of how God intended it. Today, let’s put God first and see what He does in our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Dear Jesus, I praise Your name, for it is the Name above all others. I am going to make a conscious decision to make You my first priority today. I ask that you help me do this. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-29-2014 09:56 AM

March 29

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

Mark 10:21 (NIV) Jesus looked at him and loved him.

Thought: He feels the same way about us.

Today’s Scripture: Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NLT): “For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.”

Today’s Thought: The King of the universe knows who you are. If that doesn’t excite you, what will? A few days ago we talked about trusting in the Lord. We can trust Him because He knows the ultimate plan for our lives!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for not only saving me but having a plan for my life. I ask that You help me walk in Your plan for my life today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-30-2014 01:02 PM

March 30

Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16

Mark 10:45 (NIV) - Jesus gave His life as a ransom for many.

Thought: - "For many" means "me!"

Today’s Scripture: Matthew 22:37-39 (NLT): Jesus replied, “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

Today’s Thought: Jesus makes it very clear to love God with everything within you. He goes one step further though; He says to love your neighbor as well. The root word for neighbor is described as “anyone near you” in the Greek.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to show everyone the love of God that You have shown me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 03-31-2014 11:50 AM

March 31

He is my loving ally and my fortress, my tower of safety, my rescuer. He is my shield, and I take refuge in him." Psalm 144:2

Psalm 147:19 (NIV) He has revealed His word to Jacob.

Thought: God will speak to you, too. Just listen.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT): For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

Today’s Thought: We do not need to live in fear. When Jesus died on the cross He defeated death, hell and the grave. We have the same power that Jesus had when He was on earth. Let’s begin to use it and tell the devil to go back to hell where he belongs!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a victorious life. Help me learn how to use the power You gave me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!