Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29603)

bluidkiti 01-01-2023 06:55 AM

Bible Verses - January

January 1

Psalm 34:8 – Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Ephesians 4:22-24 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

Jeremiah 29:11 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 12:2 – Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. — John 1:1-2

bluidkiti 01-02-2023 07:23 AM

January 2

But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7

Philippians 3:13-14 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

I John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

2 Samuel 7:22a – How great you are, O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you.

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. — 1 Peter 1:13

Matthew 6:19-21 NIV "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Psalm 90:12 “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”

1 Corinthians 15:22 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

bluidkiti 01-03-2023 06:07 AM

January 3

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" (Mark 12:30).

"He must become greater; I must become less" (John 3:30).

Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Psalm 103:1

Romans 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing and perfect will."

When Jesus spoke again to the people, He said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” — John 8:12

Hebrews 13:5 – Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Isaiah 25:9b – This is the Lord, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." — Matthew 18:20

bluidkiti 01-04-2023 05:58 AM

January 4

Romans 5:6-8 – For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person — though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die — but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

2 Corinthians 5:17 – Anyone who belongs to Christ is a new person. The past is forgotten, and everything is new.

Walk in all the way that the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live and prosper and prolong your days in the land that you will possess. — Deuteronomy 5:33

Colossians 3:9-10 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Micah 6:8 “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.”

bluidkiti 01-05-2023 06:44 AM

January 5

Psalm 121:1-2 1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? 2 My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Proverbs 20:27 27 The human spirit is the lamp of the Lord that sheds light on one’s inmost being.

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her." (Ephesians 5:25)

Psalm 3:3 – But you are a shield around me, O Lord; you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.

bluidkiti 01-06-2023 05:55 AM

January 6

Hebrews 11:1 – Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2 Corinthians 5:7 – For we walk by faith, not by sight.

Philippians 4:5b-7 – The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 4:18 – So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Psalm 119:89 – Your eternal word, O Lord, stands firm in heaven.

Psalm 51:10 NIV Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

bluidkiti 01-07-2023 02:03 AM

January 7

Matthew 6:34 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Proverbs 3:3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

John 14:6 – I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

...but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. — Isaiah 40:31

2 Corinthians 9:6-9 Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously. Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. As it is written: “They have freely scattered their gifts to the poor; their righteousness endures forever.”

bluidkiti 01-08-2023 06:59 AM

January 8

Galatians 6:9-10 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. 10 Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Jeremiah 32:27 – I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. — Ephesians 3:16-17

Philippians 4:4 NIV Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

bluidkiti 01-09-2023 06:44 AM

January 9

The LORD will rescue his servants; no one who takes refuge in him will be condemned. Psalm 34:22

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength" (Mark 12:30).

"And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father." (Colossians 3:17)

2 Timothy 1:7 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.

2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

bluidkiti 01-10-2023 06:04 AM

January 10

“He who has pity on the poor lends to the Lord, and He will pay back what he has given.” Proverbs 19:17

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" (Proverbs 3:5).

Romans 8:14 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

"Don't sin by letting anger gain control over you. Don't let the sun go down while you are still angry, for anger gives the devil a foothold." (Ephesians 4:26-27)

Isaiah 43:2a – When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown.

This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

bluidkiti 01-11-2023 07:08 AM

January 11

2 Corinthians 12:9,10 "'My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness"

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us" (2 Corinthians 5:20).

“Let all the world look to me for salvation! For I am God; there is no other” (Isaiah 45:22).

All who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. Romans 8:14

Colossians 4:6 – Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone.

Ephesians 4:22-24 22 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; 23 to be made new in the attitude of your minds; 24 and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

bluidkiti 01-12-2023 04:45 AM

January 12

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Galatians 3:26-28 “So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.”

The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display His craftsmanship. Psalm 19:1

Psalms 95:1-2 Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

dwmoeller 01-12-2023 10:17 AM

“You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.” Deuteronomy 11:18

Are you enjoying life? The Lord reminds us as Moses spoke to the children Israel and to us today, of the enjoyment of life found really in the presence of God and in the power of God’s Word. In order to enjoy God’s blessings in His Word the Lord tells us to hear and read God’s Word and to study and live God’s Word. This should be very easy for us because we have easy access to it. Bibles are very plentiful and inexpensive.

What seems easy can become hard because of what is in us by birth. Paul reminds us in Galatians 5:17, "For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want"

Doesn’t that describe us in our life? It seems we can’t do what we want. We don’t have time to read God’s Word. We are just too busy. We don’t have time to study God’s Word. We are just too busy. Or worst of all, we don’t have time to hear God’s Word. We are just too busy. That is our sinful nature making excuses for us.

The importance of hearing God’s Word, Moses stresses to the children of Israel and to us, that it is by hearing that the power of God’s Word is planted in our hearts and springs up and bears abundant fruit. The Lord reminds us of the privilege we have today of hearing God’s Word and reading God’s Word and being able to study God’s Word and live God’s Word.

Luke 11:28 tells us, "He (Jesus) replied, ’Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it”. Enjoy God’s blessings in His Word by hearing it, reading it, studying it, and living it; and it will go well with you, not just here on earth but at last forever in heaven.

bluidkiti 01-13-2023 06:38 AM

January 13

I the Lord do not change. — Malachi 3:6

Ephesians 4:26-27 26 “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, 27 and do not give the devil a foothold.

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. —Romans 12:10

Isaiah 43:19 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.

Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 51:10

bluidkiti 01-14-2023 06:10 AM

January 14

To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen. Philippians 4:20

Nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:39

John 13:34 – A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.

Psalm 18:30b – The Lord's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. — James 1:17

Galatians 5:14 NIV The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

1 John 4:20-21 “Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.”