Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Thought For Today - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4967)

bluidkiti 10-01-2014 08:03 AM

Thought For Today - October

Get What You Give

What you give is what you get.

The quality of energy that ripples out from us is likely to return in a similar form. It might not be from the same place or the same person but you get back what you give out from somewhere. So if you don't like what you're getting, check what you're giving. Check your attitude, intentions, and feelings. Now get prepared to change the quality of the energy you give.

Give. The more you give, the more you get.

bluidkiti 10-02-2014 08:22 AM

Can't Hear Yourself Think?

Can you hear yourself think? We're thinking thousands of thoughts throughout the day. But our world is noisy, our life is loud, and when we do get a quiet moment, we're watching, listening, reading, scanning.... it's no wonder we can't hear ourselves think.

We don't need noise-cancelling devices. We don't need to get away from the noise. We just need to talk less and be a little more quiet. Then no matter where we are, we’ll hear ourselves think.

Hear yourself think and you'll make better choices about which thoughts to listen to.

bluidkiti 10-03-2014 05:21 AM

The Dextify Response

When you’re in the middle of a difficult conversation and you’re being challenged, it’s so easy to dextify, Defend, EXplain and jusTIFY!

Of course, there’s a time to defend, explain and justify. But most often, dextifying is not the best response. It almost always sounds like you’re making excuses and it just digs you into a deeper hole.

So before you dextify, pause to consider a) if there is some truth to what the other person is saying, b) the most appropriate response. Maybe give a little explanation or say, “Thank you. I'll look into it.”

bluidkiti 10-04-2014 08:18 AM

The Happiness Decision

Happiness is not a dependency. You don’t actually need anything to be happy. It’s not something that comes from outside. Happiness is a decision. Decide to be happy now.

bluidkiti 10-05-2014 07:42 AM

Making It Easy

Where there is love, even a task as difficult and as big as a mountain becomes as easy and light as cotton wool. Love makes work easier and lighter because you’ll always want to give your best.

bluidkiti 10-06-2014 08:44 AM

Interesting or Interested?

We want people to find us interesting. But what you’ll most probably find is that the more interested you are in others, the more interesting you are to others.

Approach your interactions and conversations with more interest in what others have to say; their stories, viewpoints, experiences, hobbies, travels…. Be interested and you’ll be more interesting.

bluidkiti 10-07-2014 07:39 AM

The Conscience Bites

We all know that moment when our conscience 'bites'. There's a sense that we haven't done the 'right' thing. The conscience 'bites' not to make us feel guilty but to nudge us to put things 'right'.

The next time your conscience 'bites', avoid the guilt trip. Instead let your conscience nudge you to make amends and do the 'right' thing.

bluidkiti 10-08-2014 08:56 AM

Are You Sending Too Many Emails?

Do you send too many emails to too many people? How about, think first, email second.

Think before you hit the ‘Reply All’ or the ‘Forward’ button, or send a group email. Do I really need to send this email? Is it going to the right people? Would it be easier or better to pick up the phone, speak face to face or arrange a meeting?

Try not to clog up other people’s inbox with too many emails. Send emails mindfully.

bluidkiti 10-09-2014 07:39 AM

Detachment, Understood

Detachment is often misunderstood. It's often seen as being disconnected or disengaged.

Detachment means to not allow the negativity of a relationship, an event or even myself to overwhelm me. Detachment means that I am separate from the relationship, the event and even my own negativities. Detachment enables me to attach myself to who I am - I am love.

Detach with love and you'll connect and engage more positively.

bluidkiti 10-10-2014 09:04 AM

Saying Yes or No

Are you quick to say ‘yes’ to everyone and everything? Yes. No wonder you’re feeling frazzled and fried!

Try slowing down the quick ‘yes’ response. Slow down to choose wisely when to say 'yes' or 'no'. Make the choice and then say it and mean it.

bluidkiti 10-11-2014 08:13 AM

Soul at Work

The soul is the deepest aspect of the self from which creativity, intuition, caring, compassion, meaning and purpose flow. Bring all of you to work – your body, heart and soul. Integrate and align who you are, what you do and what you value.

bluidkiti 10-12-2014 08:46 AM

THINK

Are you able to think short-term and long-term at the same time?

Manage short-term pressures and create space for thinking about the long-term.

Thinking ahead is about being prepared for the opportunities that might await and the challenges that might emerge.

bluidkiti 10-13-2014 09:03 AM

Slow Your Impatience

The person walking or driving in front of you is slow..... The person you're working with is slow..... Are you impatient with people who are slow? Does your impatience move people faster? Actually, impatience creates more stress and sometimes it slows the other person even more.

The next time you encounter people who are slow, slow your impatience. Make allowances for the fact that other people have different rhythms to you. Slow your stress and take this opportunity to move more slowly.

bluidkiti 10-14-2014 08:29 AM

Wrapped Up in the Stories

All too often we get wrapped up in all the different stories going on in our lives, and easily loose perspective.

Every now and then, unwrap yourself from the stories. Close the book. Take a deep breath and let a bit of quiet calm wrap around your mind.

Then, whenever you're ready, feel free to pick up the book and carry on. Who knows, you may even have a different perspective on the stories going on in your life.

bluidkiti 10-15-2014 09:02 AM

What Are You Avoiding?

What are you avoiding right now? Some feedback you have been given, an early night, eating more healthily. Sometimes, we avoid what’s best for us.

Ask yourself: 1) If I keep avoiding, how will this affect my life in the weeks, months and years ahead? 2) If I stop avoiding and do what’s best for me, how will my life improve?

If you're going to avoid something, avoid avoidance! Do what you are avoiding and put yourself on the right track to be your best.