Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Not Our Own Strength (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6366)

MajestyJo 03-17-2015 07:37 PM

Not Our Own Strength

Quote:

In the past, we relied on our own strength to get us where we thought we wanted to go. We were afraid, since deep down we knew how weak and undependable our own strength really was.

When we turn our lives over, we no longer have to go it alone. We have tapped the limitless reservoir of strength provided by our Higher Power, and when we are operating under His guidance we feel confident. What we could not do ourselves can be done when we admit our weakness and ask for help.

- Food for Thought
So many times I think I am alone and yet, all I have to do is surrender in the moment, and connect to my Higher Power. When I turn things over, my phone rings or I get a special message or e-mail from someone that lets me know that they care and that I am not alone.

Lately due to health problems I have had trouble eating, things don't want to sit right or I don't feel like eating. Because my sleeping is out of whack, it puts everything else out of balance. I have to remember that even though it may be 3 a.m. my body may be telling me it is hungry and if I missed noon in daylight hours I need to feed my body during night hours.

The thought for today affirms the message I heard earlier today. the only way I can know God's will is to spend time with Him.

MajestyJo 03-17-2015 07:39 PM

Quote:

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Vulnerability

When we stop doping ourselves with unnecessary food, we become vulnerable. We have been using extra food as a defense against our feelings. Without it, fears and anxieties surface and new energies are released. Instead of retreating into the refrigerator, we can learn day by day how to live with our exposed selves.

Making an overture of friendship to someone we would like to know better involves the risk of rejection. Saying no to a family member when a request conflicts with our program may make us feel guilty. Asking for help when we need it means admitting our weakness. Exposing our needs destroys our facade of self-sufficiency.

To be vulnerable requires courage, but only as we are able to live without the defense of overeating are we able to grow emotionally and spiritually. When we stop turning to food to cover up our feelings and needs, we are able to be more open with other people. We are nourished by them and by the Higher Power who allays our fears and directs our new energies.

May I not fear being vulnerable.
I watched Paula Dean on Dr. Oz's TV Show the other day, and she used the term "Heathenism" when talking about her thinking when it came to food. It reminded me of how I called myself a Godly Heathen. The concept of just one isn't there, the ability to stop and not have more is not within myself, unless I go to my Higher Power.

She share that there was no reason not to treat herself, but she could cut down on fats, calories, and bring balance into her life and make healthy choices.

I have no defense against that thinking. As the Bible Verse says today, it is not from God is from the World. It is my Heathenism that is speaking to me that says, "What difference doesn't one more make?"