Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146)

bluidkiti 01-13-2014 10:15 AM

January 13

that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:19-20

Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Ephesians 3:20

Jeremiah 29:11 - 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

dwmoeller 01-13-2014 10:44 AM

January 13

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that Prevails.
- Proverbs 19:21

Thought: Plan your way, but make room for the Lord's purpose.

bluidkiti 01-14-2014 08:22 AM

January 14

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister. 1 John 4:20-21

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns. Philippians 1:6

Psalm 20:1 - 1 In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.

Jeremiah 31:3 — The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:
"I have loved you with an everlasting love;
I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.

God reaches out to you with kindness motivated by deep and everlasting love. He is eager to do the best for us if we will only listen, obey, and let him. This is a reminder of God's magnificent love. He is always and forever lovingly drawing us toward himself.

BW1 01-14-2014 02:36 PM

Nahum 1:7

The Lord is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him.

dwmoeller 01-15-2014 08:30 AM

The name of the Lord is a strong tower. - Proverbs 18:10

Thought: When hostile forces strike, run for the cover of the Lord.

bluidkiti 01-15-2014 09:40 AM

January 15

To the Jews who had believed him, Jesus said, “If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-32

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Matthew 6:34 - 34 "So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today."

bluidkiti 01-16-2014 10:04 AM

January 16

I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. Galatians 5:16

The Lord will work out his plans for my life - for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. Psalm 138:8

Psalm 27:1 - 1 The Lord is my light and my salvation—so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

Philippians 2:9-11 —

Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.

Ephesians 6:10-14 —

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place...

As Christians, we should walk closely with Jesus. Satan desires to lure us into destructive actions that rob us of God's plan for a good, full life. Stay connected to the Savior; read the Word, pray, and fellowship with other believers. These are weapons we use against the Devil in spiritual war.

bluidkiti 01-17-2014 02:24 AM

January 17

Do all things without complaining and disputing, that you may become blameless and harmless, children of God without fault in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, so that I may rejoice in the day of Christ that I have not run in vain or labored in vain. Philippians 2:14-16

Hebrews 10:33 - 33 Sometimes you were exposed to public ridicule and were beaten, and sometimes you helped others who were suffering the same things.

For the Lord God is our sun and our shield. He gives us grace and glory. The Lord will withhold no good thing from those who do what is right. Psalm 84:11

Psalm 29:11 —

The Lord gives strength to his people;
the Lord blesses his people with peace.

What steals your peace? Fear? Self-imposed expectations? Difficult things, like apologizing to someone or forgiving someone? Watch for things that nag at your subconscience. Take steps — even hard ones — to deal with the ones you can, and then loosen your grip and hand the reigns over to the One who is in control. Rest in His peace.

dwmoeller 01-17-2014 12:25 PM

Comfort, comfort my people, says your God. - Isaiah 40:1

Thought: May God's promises be your comfort.

bluidkiti 01-18-2014 11:02 AM

January 18

No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. 1 Corinthians 10:13

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11

1 Peter 3:8 - 3 Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.

bluidkiti 01-19-2014 09:29 AM

January 19

Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets. Matthew 7:12

I love you, Lord; you are my strength. Psalm 18:1

Romans 12:15 - 15 Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep.

BW1 01-19-2014 11:44 AM

Zephaniah 3:17
The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
he will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

bluidkiti 01-20-2014 08:58 AM

January 20

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:2-3

Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser. Let those with understanding receive guidance Proverbs 1:5

Hebrews 2:18 - 18 Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.

Jeremiah 32:27 — "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"

bluidkiti 01-21-2014 09:01 AM

January 21

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:7-8

Instruct the wise, and they will be even wiser. Teach the righteous, and they will learn even more. Proverbs 9:9

Lamentations 3:32-33 - 32 Though he brings grief, he also shows compassion because of the greatness of his unfailing love. 33 For he does not enjoy hurting people or causing them sorrow.

Mark 11:24 —

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

O Father, help me to know your heart intimately so that I'll know how to pray, what to pray, and believe in advance that I will receive it.

dwmoeller 01-22-2014 10:03 AM

I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your instructions are written on my heart.”

- Psalm 40:8