Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Encouraging Word - April (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3276)

bluidkiti 04-01-2014 09:30 AM

Encouraging Word - April

April 1

As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died. Galatians 6:14

Amos 3:3 (KJV) Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Thought: God wants you. Do you want Him?

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:12 (NLT) Be careful how you live among your unbelieving neighbors. Even if they accuse you of doing wrong, they will see your honorable behavior, and they will believe and give honor to God when he comes to judge the world.

Today’s Thought: We should live our life as holy as possible. People whom we encounter on a daily basis are hurting. They look at Christians for hope whether they admit it or not. Let’s strive to live our lives holy & acceptable to God.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me live a holy & acceptable life for You! Help me shine for You this today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-02-2014 08:29 AM

April 2

Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Romans 12:11

2 Timothy 4:7-8 (NIV) I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day -- and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for His appearing

Thought: Few will ever win an Olympic medal. Everyone can get a God medal. Make a commitment to follow Christ.

bluidkiti 04-03-2014 07:58 AM

April 3

So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. Hebrews 2:1

Psalm 69:1 (NIV) Save me, O God, for the waters have come up to my neck.

Thought: You are always within the Redeemer's reach!

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:2-3 (NLT) You must crave pure spiritual milk so that you can grow into the fullness of your salvation. Cry out for this nourishment as a baby cries for milk, now that you have had a taste of the Lord's kindness.

Today’s Thought: In today’s world especially, it is not enough to just go to church on Sunday in order to live a holy life. We must crave God so much that we will do almost anything to know Him more! How much do you crave Him?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I long to know You more! I ask that You help me never get complacent in my relationship with You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-04-2014 09:45 AM

April 4

Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again - my Savior and my God! Psalm 43:5

Psalm 70:1 (NIV) Hasten, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me.

Thought: God knows your needs. He's ready to provide relief.

Today’s Scripture: I Peter 2:4-5 (NLT) Come to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God's temple. He was rejected by the people, but he is precious to God who chose him. And now God is building you, as living stones, into his spiritual temple. What's more, you are God's holy priests, who offer the spiritual sacrifices that please him because of Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: It is amazing to think that we are God’s holy priests! God sees each one of us totally different than we see ourselves. It’s time our views line up with His view!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for giving Your Son Jesus Christ to die for my sins. I ask that You help me see myself as You see me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-05-2014 01:38 PM

April 5

As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend. Proverbs 27:17

Mark 1:35 (NIV) Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where He prayed.

Thought: Before the day gets busy, pray.

bluidkiti 04-06-2014 08:57 AM

April 6

For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 1 Peter 1:18-19

Matthew 24:44 (NIV) So you also must be ready, because the Son of man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him.

Thought: What you decide to do with Jesus determines your eternal destination.

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:9 (NLT) So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.

Today’s Thought: God always takes care of His children. Sometimes we doubt this instead of trusting Him. God’s timing is always right. We may not always feel like His timing is right, however, He’s always right on time. Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. Help me learn to trust You, always. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-07-2014 03:20 PM

April 7

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-17

Psalm 70:5 (NIV) ...You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay.

Thought: God's help is on the way. Wait for Him.

bluidkiti 04-08-2014 11:19 AM

April 8

But Lord, be merciful to us, for we have waited for you. Be our strong arm each day and our salvation in times of trouble. Isaiah 33:2

Psalm 56:8 (ERV) You know I am very upset.You know how much I have cried. Surely You have kept an account of all my tears.

Thought: God knows what you're going through. He's there for you.

Today’s Scripture: 1 John 5:6 (NLT) And Jesus Christ was revealed as God's Son by his baptism in water and by shedding his blood on the cross -not by water only, but by water and blood. And the Spirit also gives us the testimony that this is true.

Today’s Thought: We celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ one day out of the year. When in fact, we should be celebrating this each day. In fact, let’s make it a point to share the Good News to someone everyday!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for dying for my sins. I ask that You put people in my life so I can be a witness to them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-09-2014 10:44 AM

April 9

I will praise you forever, O God, for what you have done. I will trust in your good name in the presence of your faithful people. Psalm 52:9

Mark 6:31 (NLT) Then Jesus said, "Let's go off by ourselves to a quiet place and rest awhile."

Thought: Maybe you need to do the same. You can't keep running on empty.

bluidkiti 04-10-2014 11:26 AM

April 10

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Romans 12:11 (NIRV) Never let the fire in your heart go out. Keep it alive. Serve the Lord.

Thought: There's a purpose for your passion. Let God use your life to lift up others.

Today’s Scripture: James 3:10 (NLT) And so blessing and cursing come pouring out of the same mouth. Surely, my brothers and sisters, this is not right!

Today’s Thought: We must guard what comes out of our mouth. We can either choose to build up or tear down. What will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue. I also ask that You put people in my life today that need an encouraging word. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-11-2014 12:06 PM

April 11

Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Proverbs 3:6

1 Peter 5:2 (NIV) Be shepherds of God's flock that is under your care...

Thought: There are people in your life who look to your example. Stay on the straight and narrow path.

Today’s Scripture: Titus 1:2-3 (NLT): This truth gives them the confidence of eternal life, which God promised them before the world began-and he cannot lie. And now at the right time he has revealed this Good News, and we announce it to everyone. It is by the command of God our Savior that I have been trusted to do this work for him.

Today’s Thought: We are called to be the Light of this dark world. We need to share Christ with those that are lost and hurting. People may not admit it, but they are watching. How are you going to be a light today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me share the Good News to someone today. Let them be ready to receive You. Give me the word to say. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-12-2014 11:03 AM

April 12

And this is the way to have eternal life-to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. John 17:3

Luke 9:51 (NIV) As the time approached for Him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.

Thought: Despite the cost, He headed straight for the cross.

bluidkiti 04-13-2014 12:18 PM

April 13

For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13

Daniel 9:9 (NIV) The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against Him.

Thought: "Even though." Those two words say so much about God's heart.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 27:1 (NLT): The Lord is my light and my salvation- so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger- so why should I tremble?

Today’s Thought: We have a hope that no one can steal from us – the fact that we know Jesus! When satan attacks us, all we need to do is remind him of his future! We are called to live a victorious life!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving me. I ask that You always help me remember who I am in You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-14-2014 10:24 AM

April 14

Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:7

Ecclesiastes 11:10 (NIRV) So drive worry out of your heart...

Thought: Faith extinguishes fear.

Today’s Scripture: Psalms 18:1-2 (NLT): I love you, Lord; you are my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the strength of my salvation, and my stronghold.

Today’s Thought: Trust is a big factor in our relationship with God. We must realize that no matter how hard life gets – God is in control! Trust Him!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me learn to trust You with everything. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-15-2014 10:32 AM

April 15

Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

1 Peter 5:7 (NLT) Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you.

Thought: Why hold onto anxiety when God is holding onto you?

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 15:1 (NLT): A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words stir up anger.

Today’s Thought: Our words can set the course of an entire day. We can either tear down or build up. Let’s choose to build up today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that all my conversations be pleasing to You today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-16-2014 09:55 AM

April 16

Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. Hebrews 2:17

Proverbs 28:14 (NIV) Blessed is the one who always trembles before God, but whoever hardens their heart falls into trouble.

Thought: Being humble or being stubborn? Choices matter.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:3 (NLT): Commit your work to the Lord, and then your plans will succeed.

Today’s Thought: When we put our lives fully in God’s hands, He will make sure you succeed. Success in God’s eyes are totally different then man’s view of success.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I put my life fully in Your hands. I ask that You use me however You want. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-17-2014 10:07 AM

April 17

He leads the humble in doing right, teaching them his way. Psalm 25:9

Isaiah 6:7 (NIV) ...your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.

Thought: Grace is a gift. Receive it.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:20 (NLT): Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be happy.

Today’s Thought: Trusting in the Lord is important to our walk. He has our best interest in mind and He also sees the entire picture. If He is telling you to do something that does not make sense to you, do it anyway. He has a plan!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to fully trust You in every area of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-18-2014 09:55 AM

April 18

Then Jesus shouted out again, and he released his spirit. Matthew 27:50

1 John 4:10 (NIV) ...God loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.

Thought: Easter reminds us of the price Jesus paid and why.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 16:18 (NLT): Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Today’s Thought: Pride is a major stumbling block for most if not all Christians at one point or another. We must be mindful of this trap so we do not succumb to it. Give glory to God for everything and you can escape this trap.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving my life. I ask that You help me always give You the glory so I never get prideful. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-19-2014 12:17 PM

April 19

They will mock him, spit on him, flog him with a whip, and kill him, but after three days he will rise again. Mark 10:34

John 17:3 (NIV) "Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom You have sent."

Thought: Those words. Prayed for you. By Jesus.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:1 (NLT): A dry crust eaten in peace is better than a great feast with strife.

Today’s Thought: Peace is often considered a luxury in today’s world. However, as Christians, we are called to be peacemakers. In fact, there is a great blessing attached to being a peacemaker. Are you a peacemaker?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me become a peacemaker today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-20-2014 11:03 AM

April 20

but the angel said, "Don't be alarmed. You are looking for Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He isn't here! He is risen from the dead! Mark 16:6

Acts 2:24 (NIV) God raised Jesus from the dead, freeing Him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on Him.

Thought: Fear loses its grip, too, when we understand what we have through faith in Christ.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:17 (NLT): A friend is always loyal, and a brother is born to help in time of need.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we are all considered “brothers & sisters.” We should help each other..as often as we can. When is the last time you helped someone in their time of need?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me find ways to help other people. In fact, show me non Christians who need help so I can lead them to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-21-2014 12:28 PM

April 21

The humble will see their God at work and be glad. Let all who seek God's help be encouraged. Psalm 69:32

Isaiah 6:1 (NIV) ...I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted...

Thought: Jesus is risen!

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:22 (NLT): A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength.

Today’s Thought: We are light in this dark world. People look to us, as Christians, for strength whether they tell you or not. Let’s be cheerful today and see what God does!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for saving my life! I ask that Your joy flow out of me today so I can shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-22-2014 09:24 AM

April 22

Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant. Matthew 20:26b

John 19:31 (NIV) Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, He bowed His head and gave up His spirit.

Thought: Maybe the three most important words ever spoken.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 17:28 (NLT): Even fools are thought to be wise when they keep silent; when they keep their mouths shut, they seem intelligent.

Today’s Thought: We have the power of life & death in the tongue. This is why we must be extremely careful what we say – and even how we say it. Each word that we speak must be Father-filtered.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me guard my tongue. Please teach me how to speak blessings instead of curses. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-23-2014 09:49 AM

April 23

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. Colossians 3:15a

Luke 24:5 (NIV) "Why do you look for the living among the dead?"

Thought: It's easy to get bogged down in religion. What Jesus wants is a relationship with us.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 18:19 (NLT): It's harder to make amends with an offended friend than to capture a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with iron bars.

Today’s Thought: Life is full of choices – both good and bad. People are fickle. Have you made a bad choice in the past that hurt someone? Today, try to make it right!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You first forgive me of that bad decision I made. I also ask that You make a way for me to rectify the situation with that friend or family member I hurt. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-24-2014 11:12 AM

April 24

Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalm 143:10

Proverbs 28:25 (NIV) The greedy stir up conflict, but those who trust in the Lord will prosper.

Thought: What kind of life do you want to live?

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:6 (NLT): And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.

Today’s Thought: God knows the beginning from the end. He also has a wonderful plan for each one of us. Be encouraged & know that He will finish what He started in you!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for always meeting my needs. I ask that You help me trust You, completely. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-25-2014 10:27 AM

April 25

In a burst of anger I turned my face away for a little while. But with everlasting love I will have compassion on you," says the LORD, your Redeemer. Isaiah 54:8

Proverbs 28:23 (NLT) In the end, people appreciate honest criticism far more than flattery.

Thought: Tell the truth. But do so with love and respect.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:10 (NLT): For I want you to understand what really matters, so that you may live pure and blameless lives until Christ returns.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we are called to live a pure & blameless life. We are also human. We mess up. This is why Jesus Christ died for us. If you are feeling guilty today, ask Jesus to forgive you & help you live better.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, first of all I ask that You forgive me. I want to live a pure & blameless life. Please help me do this. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-26-2014 10:50 AM

April 26

Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. Isaiah 1:17

John 19:30 (NIV) ...Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Thought: Thank you, Jesus, for the price you paid.

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:11 (NLT): May you always be filled with the fruit of your salvation -those good things that are produced in your life by Jesus Christ-for this will bring much glory and praise to God.

Today’s Thought: Once you give your heart to Jesus people should be able to tell that something is different about you. Why? Because Jesus changes everything! Today let’s try to let our light shine bright!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that my life always shine bright for You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-27-2014 08:02 AM

April 27

"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible." Matthew 17:20

Psalm 85:2 (NIV) You forgave the iniquity of your people and covered all their sins.

Thought: Want a great prayer? "Cover me, Jesus."

Today’s Scripture: Philippians 1:12 (NLT): And I want you to know, dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News.

Today’s Thought: Everything happens for a reason. Trials & heartaches often turn into testimonies that you can share with someone else going through the exact same thing you are. We must be open to share our trials and give glory to God when He works on our behalf.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me trust You in all things & give You the glory even in the midst of my trial. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-28-2014 12:51 PM

April 28

And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. Hebrews 10:25

Luke 24:6 (NIV) "He is not here (in the tomb); He has risen!"

Thought: The good news is too great for just one day of the year.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:1 (NLT): The wicked run away when no one is chasing them, but the godly are as bold as lions.

Today’s Thought: As Christians, we have a hope & a future – heaven. We need to be as bold as a lion when it comes to sharing our faith. Lives hang in the balance.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me become bold as a lion when it comes to telling people about You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-29-2014 09:00 AM

April 29

Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit's leading in every part of our lives.
Galatians 5:25

Philippians 2:!4 (NIV) Do everything without complaining or arguing.

Thought: Let's think about this. Now what, really, does a Christian ever have to complain about considering all that Christ has done for us? Let's set an example for others to see Christ in us.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:2 (NLT): When there is moral rot within a nation, its government topples easily. But with wise and knowledgeable leaders, there is stability.

Today’s Thought: We need Jesus back in our country today. We need to pray for our leaders no matter where you are today. Let’s pray for the leaders over us today.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I pray for my country and the leaders in charge. Give them wisdom that only comes from You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

bluidkiti 04-30-2014 10:02 AM

April 30

Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. Hebrews 13:15

Philippians 2:22 (NIV) But you know that Timothy has proved himself, because as a son with his father he has served with me (Paul) in the work of the gospel.

Thought: There's no such thing as a solo act in the body of Christ. We need each other.

Today’s Scripture: Proverbs 28:13 (NLT): People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy.

Today’s Thought: God is faithful! If you confess your sins & ask for forgiveness, He will forgive you! It does not matter what you’ve done.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You would forgive me of all my sins & cleanse me from all unrighteousness. Help me to also turn from my sin. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!