Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425)

bluidkiti 11-01-2013 08:26 AM

Daily Reflection - November

November 1

A Time to Think: You will get what you want in life when you help enough other people get what they want. –Zig Ziglar, author and motivational speaker

To Act: Find one positive element in every day and reflect on it at night.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, please help me face each day with grace and appreciation for the blessings of Your love.

bluidkiti 11-02-2013 10:58 AM

November 2

A Time to Think: We can do nothing without prayer. All things can be done by importunate prayer. It surmounts or removes all obstacles, overcomes every resisting force and gains its ends in the face of invincible hindrances. –E. M. Bounds, author

To Act: Believe in what you can become.

To Pray: Lord, all things are possible if we believe. Thank you for loving us enough to send what we need.

bluidkiti 11-03-2013 11:48 AM

November 3

A Time to Think: Prayer is more like listening than anything else—being quiet in God's presence, waiting on God until we know what to do. –David Roper, author

To Act: Pray for the comforting arms of Jesus to hold you.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for all You have done for me. Help me to share Your spirit with others.

bluidkiti 11-04-2013 10:03 AM

November 4

A Time to Think: God loves each of us as if there were only one of us. –St. Augustine

To Act: Put God first in your life.

To Pray: Lord, open my eyes to the love around me, and help me see how much You love me through others.

bluidkiti 11-05-2013 09:08 AM

November 5

A Time to Think: When the world quiets to the sound of your own breathing, we all want the same things: comfort, love, and a peaceful heart. –Mitch Albom, author

To Act: Today, listen more than you speak.

To Pray: Lord, let me be guided by Your instructions.

bluidkiti 11-06-2013 09:19 AM

November 6

A Time to Think: I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world. –Mother Teresa

To Act: Be the subtle voice that helps another in need.

To Pray: Lord, show me new ways to bring comfort and healing in Your name.

bluidkiti 11-07-2013 10:07 AM

November 7

A Time to Think: Godliness is Christian character that springs from devotion to God. –Jerry Bridges, author

To Act: Support one another with the spirit of strength and peace.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me do one thing today that brings someone farther away from a problem and closer to a solution.

bluidkiti 11-08-2013 11:27 AM

November 8

A Time to Think: Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. –Anonymous

To Act: Remember your faith is the best answer to anxiety.

To Pray: Remind me, Lord, to give my worries to You and to trust You when I do.

bluidkiti 11-09-2013 10:23 AM

November 9

A Time to Think: Your Redeemer is bigger than your past. –Robert D. Jones, author

To Act: Let go of old wounds and enjoy today.

To Pray: Understanding Father, our dreams are changed because You have a better road for us to travel, one that brings us closer to You.

bluidkiti 11-10-2013 01:10 PM

November 10

A Time to Think: Life at its essence boils down to one day at a time. Today is the day! –Jim Stovall, author

To Act: Realize you are greater than you ever considered yourself to be.

To Pray: Lord, help me always to be open to Your calling.

bluidkiti 11-11-2013 09:39 AM

November 11

A Time to Think: Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened. –Reverend Billy Graham, author and evangelist

To Act: Honor those who have fought for freedom.

To Pray: Lord, may all veterans and their families feel Your love in a special way this Veterans Day.

bluidkiti 11-12-2013 09:31 AM

November 12

A Time to Think: All I know is that when I pray, coincidences happen; and when I don't pray, they don't happen. –Dan Hayes, minister

To Act: Trust that there is a divine plan.

To Pray: Dear Lord, when fear assails me, help me to remember that I am never alone.

bluidkiti 11-13-2013 11:19 AM

November 13

A Time to Think: Faith is like the radar that sees through the fog. –Corrie ten Boom, author

To Act: Find strength for today and hope for tomorrow.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me face life’s problems with the sure knowledge that You’ll always be there.

bluidkiti 11-14-2013 10:18 AM

November 14

A Time to Think: Anything is a blessing which makes us pray. –C. H. Spurgeon, preacher and author

To Act: Be mindful of the simple everyday blessings God showers upon you.

To Pray: God, please give me the perspective to see the blessings You’ve provided me.

bluidkiti 11-15-2013 07:11 AM

November 15

A Time to Think: The secret to happiness... be satisfied and be grateful. –Mitch Albom, author

To Act: Do not desire what you do not need.

To Pray: You are awesome, God! Thank You for answering our prayers.