Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146)

bluidkiti 01-01-2014 09:22 AM

Bible Verse Of The Day - January

January 1

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever Hebrews 13:8

Ephesians 4:29 - 29 Don’t use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them.

Deuteronomy 31:6 — "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. 'Come, follow me,' Jesus said, 'and I will make you fishers of men.' At once they left their nets and followed him. When he had gone a little farther, he saw James son of Zebedee and his brother John in a boat, preparing their nets. Without delay he called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired men and followed him. Mark 1:16-20

bluidkiti 01-02-2014 09:26 AM

January 2

So teach us to number our days, That we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

2 Corinthians 1:4 - 4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Psalm 105
The Eternal Faithfulness of the LORD
1 Oh, give thanks to the LORD!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
2 Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works!
3 Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the LORD!
4 Seek the LORD and His strength;
Seek His face evermore!
5 Remember His marvelous works which He has done,
His wonders, and the judgments of His mouth,
6 O seed of Abraham His servant,
You children of Jacob, His chosen ones!

Matthew 6:33 — But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Don't worry about the year 2015. Don't worry about what you will eat, drink, and wear this year. Your Father in heaven knows your needs. Instead of worrying, "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness" and all your needs will be given to you according to his will. After all, why worry about the unknown future of 2015 when you can pray. "O what peace we often forfeit, O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer." Yes, what will take place this year is not known to us, but for us believers in Christ, we know that God is causing all things to happen for his glory and for our good (Romans 8:28-29). And the word "good" in this passage ultimately refers to our conformity to the image of Christ. The bitter events of 2015 will only make us better believers. Let us therefore welcome the New Year without fear.

bluidkiti 01-03-2014 07:40 AM

January 3

For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, Titus 2:11-12

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. Hebrews 4:16

Psalm 30:11-12 - 11 You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, 12 that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever!

Hebrews 7:25 — Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

bluidkiti 01-04-2014 10:30 AM

January 4

He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the Lord require of you But to do justly, To love mercy, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1

Isaiah 43:2 - 2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Colossians 3:17 — And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

bluidkiti 01-05-2014 08:18 AM

January 5

“Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. Isaiah 1:16-17

Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7

Proverbs 14:31 - 31 He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.

bluidkiti 01-06-2014 07:19 AM

January 6

Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober, set your hope on the grace to be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed at his coming. 1 Peter 1:13

In the same way, let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father. Hebrews 5:16

Matthew 18:3 - 3 And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Psalm 142:4-5 —
Look and see, there is no one at my right hand;
no one is concerned for me.
I have no refuge;
no one cares for my life.
I cry to you, Lord;
I say, "You are my refuge,
my portion in the land of the living."

Have you ever felt that no one cared what happened to you? David had good reason to feel that way, and he wrote, "I cry to you, Lord." Through prayer we can pull out of our tailspin and be reminded that God cares for us deeply.

bluidkiti 01-07-2014 09:11 AM

January 7

Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children and walk in the way of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2

For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10

Acts 10:34-35 - 34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35 but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."

James 1:5 — If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Wisdom means practical discernment. It begins with respect for God, leads to right living, and results in increased ability to tell right from wrong. God is willing to give us this wisdom, but we will be unable to receive it if our goals are self-centered instead of God-centered. To learn God's will, we need to read His Word and ask Him to show us how to obey it. Then we must do what He tells us.

dwmoeller 01-07-2014 09:36 AM

The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. Psalm 138:8

Thought: May my goal in life mirror God's purpose for my life.

dwmoeller 01-08-2014 06:54 AM

I lie down and sleep, I wake again, because the Lord sustains me. - Psalm 3:5

Thought: Each new day begins with God's blessings.

bluidkiti 01-08-2014 09:57 AM

January 8

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts. Perhaps the Lord God Almighty will have mercy on the remnant of Joseph. Amos 5:14-15

So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless. James 2:17

John 14:23 - 23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

Psalm 121:2-3 —

My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip —
he who watches over you will not slumber...

"Lord, thank you that you are you, ever present, ever in control, and ever keeper of our souls."
— Kress Drew

"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

May you look around and notice all of the answers to prayer you enjoy because of prayers you prayed some time ago. May the breakthroughs you've experienced and the open doors you've walked through compel you to pray with more fervency, specificity, and tenacity. God loves your faith. He loves your heart. He loves it when you pray. He's very protective of you and won't give you something that's not good for you. He makes you wait because He's making you ready. Trust your whole soul and story to Him. And keep praying. God is moving, even when you can't see it. One day, your faith will become sight.
— Susie Larson

dwmoeller 01-09-2014 06:56 AM

A man can receive only what is given him from heaven. - John 3:27

Thought: You are what God has made you. Make it count for God.

bluidkiti 01-09-2014 07:47 AM

January 9

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Acts 1:8 - 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you. And you will be my witnesses, telling people about me everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.

bluidkiti 01-10-2014 10:33 AM

January 10

But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” 1 Peter 1:15-16

And you yourself must be an example to them by doing good works of every kind. Let everything you do reflect the integrity and seriousness of your teaching. Titus 2:7

Psalm 66:5 - 5 Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he performs for people!

bluidkiti 01-11-2014 08:59 AM

January 11

When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:5-6

Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive. Titus 3:14

Psalm 119:143 - 143 As pressure and stress bear down on me, I find joy in your commands.

bluidkiti 01-12-2014 10:23 AM

January 12

So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. Galatians 3:26-28

Trust in the Lord and do good. Then you will live safely in the land and prosper. Psalm 37:3

Proverbs 10:25 - 25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away, but the godly have a lasting foundation.