Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - July (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4078)

bluidkiti 07-01-2014 08:25 AM

Daily Reflection - July

July 1

A Time to Think: Faith means being sure of what we hope for now. It means knowing something is real, this moment, all around you, even when you don’t see it. –Joni Eareckson Tada, author

To Act: Pray God's Word and see your prayer life flourish.

To Pray: God just for one day let me see only the good. Give me the eyes of faith, the heart of hope.

bluidkiti 07-02-2014 10:30 AM

July 2

A Time to Think: If we knew how to listen to God, if we knew how to look around us, our whole life would become prayer. –Michael Quoist, priest, theologian and writer

To Act: Contemplate new ways to extend your voice and bring beauty to the world.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for renewing me and giving me a life that has purpose and meaning.

bluidkiti 07-03-2014 10:22 AM

July 3

A Time to Think: The Lord promises to bind up the brokenhearted, to give relief and full deliverance to those whose spirits have been weighed down. –Charles R. Swindoll, pastor, author and radio preacher

To Act: Form a picture in your mind of health, prosperity and abundance.

To Pray: Lord, help me to remember that I can't always fix things, help me to always put my trust in You.

bluidkiti 07-04-2014 12:56 PM

July 4

A Time to Think: Freedom comes by filling your mind with God's thoughts. –Erwin Lutzer, pastor and author

To Act: Pray for our nation on this special day.

To Pray: O God, on this Independence Day, bless us and our nation with Your unfailing love and mercy.

bluidkiti 07-05-2014 12:27 PM

July 5

A Time to Think: Trials...may come in abundance. But they cannot penetrate into the sanctuary of the soul when it is settled in God, and we may dwell in perfect peace. –Hannah Whitall Smith, author

To Act: Rely on your faith during challenging times; be strong and courageous.

To Pray: Assure us, Lord, in darkest distress that trials don’t mean You love us less.

bluidkiti 07-06-2014 10:57 AM

July 6

A Time to Think: Always maintain hopefulness, especially when the going is hard. –Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, best-selling author and minister

To Act: Keep hope in your life.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for knowing my heart’s deepest needs and desires even better than I do. Today let me put all my hope in You and wait patiently for Your answers.

bluidkiti 07-07-2014 10:26 AM

July 7

A Time to Think: Forgiveness is love in its most noble form. –Anonymous

To Act: Let go of old wounds and enjoy today.

To Pray: Before I judge another, Father, let me remember that I too need Your forgiveness.

bluidkiti 07-08-2014 11:23 AM

July 8

A Time to Think: Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. –Andrew Murray, writer and pastor

To Act: Continue to expand your goals.

To Pray: Dear God, may Your will be done in my life today.

bluidkiti 07-09-2014 01:54 PM

July 9

A Time to Think: Be with someone who brings out the best in you, not the stress in you. –Anonymous

To Act: Grasp every opportunity to offer encouragement to others.

To Pray: Mistakes are never the end of the line with You, God. Thank You for Your forgiveness, the ultimate eraser.

bluidkiti 07-10-2014 10:58 AM

July 10

A Time to Think: A man who is intimate with God will never be intimidated by men.–Leonard Ravenhill, author

To Act: Be patient, have faith and work towards what you desire.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for the grace that strengthens me for tasks large and small.

bluidkiti 07-11-2014 11:51 AM

July 11

A Time to Think: Prayer is not asking for what you think you want, but asking to be changed in ways you can't imagine. –Kathleen Norris, poet

To Act: Always look to your heart for the true answer.

To Pray: Lord, You are the answer to all of my questions.

bluidkiti 07-12-2014 11:22 AM

July 12

A Time to Think: Worship is a way of gladly reflecting back to God the radiance of His worth. –John Piper, preacher and author

To Act: Give thought and thanks for the light of day and the comfort of night.

To Pray: Lord, show me new ways to bring comfort and healing in Your name.

bluidkiti 07-13-2014 11:49 AM

July 13

A Time to Think: You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God. –Author Unknown

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Remind me, Lord, to give my worries to You and to trust You when I do.

bluidkiti 07-14-2014 12:12 PM

July 14

A Time to Think: Darkness cannot put out the Light. It can only make God brighter. –Author Unknown

To Act: View your problems with a spiritual perspective.

To Pray: Thank you, Lord, for the tremendous difference You make in our lives.

bluidkiti 07-15-2014 09:55 AM

July 15

A Time to Think: Often God has to shut a door in our face so that He can subsequently open the door through which He wants us to go. –Catherine Wood Marshall

To Act: Learn to find comfort in the fact that life is unpredictable.

To Pray: Dear God, help me to trust You wherever I wander.