Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayers and Prayer Requests (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daily Prayers - July (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4038)

bluidkiti 06-29-2014 12:31 PM

Daily Prayers - July

July 1

Holy God, I pray to be filled with your Holy Spirit for the rest of this day. Let me go forth, walking with your Spirit in my heart, that I may be filled with the joy and energy and praise for your entire creation, thankful in the many gifts you have given me, and showing forth your light in my every word and deed. This I pray in Christ's name, Amen.

Father, I thank You for helping me as I enlarge the place of my tent and strengthen my stakes. In You there is hope for despair. In You there is stability for turmoil. In You there is prosperity for poverty. In You there is health and healing for sickness. In You there is peace for conflict, whether it is in a relationship, in my home, or in my land. In You, Lord Jesus, is well-being for every area of life! Hallelujah! Thank You Holy Spirit for divinely orchestrating every aspect of my life! Jesus is Lord over my spirit, soul and body, and over my relationships. Amen

My Creator, I praise thee for the knowledge of life, and the hope of immortality. Help me to express my belief, and to give my utmost for the divinest, that I may be worthy of life eternal. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I am so thankful that my name is written in the Book of Life, and I pray that all who read these words will allow You to write their name in that same book, if it is not already recorded there. Lord, I thank you for Your sacrifice on the cross. I did not deserve it, but I am eternally grateful for Your love for me. Lord, help me to daily be obedient to You and follow in Your will for my life. Help me to overcome the desires of my flesh and to always choose the way of life in You. May I always have the courage to share with others what You have done for me. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

One with Christ

Galatians 3:15-29

Dear Father,

Thank you, Father, for giving your holy law to Moses and for the role it played in bringing people to Christ.

Thank you even more that Christ has come as our real teacher and that we have been delivered to him, that we might be justified by faith.

Thank you for making us your sons through faith, for making it possible to put on Christ by our baptism into Christ.

Thank you that in him there is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, but that we are all one in Christ.

Thank you that by making us one with Christ you have made us to be Abraham's offspring, heirs according to the promise you made him.

In the name of Jesus I offer my praise. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-29-2014 12:31 PM

July 2

Light My Path

I come to you, my God, asking that your Spirit guide me in prayer. Lead me to complete devotion in my moments spent with you, Lord, for your Son has told us to come to you and I want to do so, not halfway, but with my full heart.

I know from Him that prayer is for the good of all. For you, because it is your commandment; for myself, because you love me as no other and want to fill me with goodness; for other people, for I want to love them in ways that are not in my nature and can only do if your power shines fully through my existence.

You have sent us your Holy Spirit; let me know Him in all time and in all places and in every cell of my being. When I am confused, the Spirit will bring me wisdom; when I am angry, peace; when I am afraid, comfort. When I have puffed myself up with pride, the Spirit will gently dissolve my self-deception, so that fear and greed and foolishness will melt away and I will know you, and the security and peace of the only truth on earth: the love of Christ. Let this be, Lord, I pray. Light my path. Amen.

Prayer to Resist Temptation

Holy God, You know the temptations that I am facing today. But your Word promises that I will not be tempted beyond what I can bear.

Help me, heavenly Father, to stand up against sin, to resist whatever temptation I may encounter this day, in whatever form it may come. Your Word promises that you will provide a way out of any temptation, and I pray to be able to find it and to have the wisdom to use it, and to walk away when temptation arises. All thanks be to you, O Lord, for you are a faithful deliverer; and I can count on your help in my time of need. Amen.

Meditation

[To walk away when temptation arises.]

Prayer of Resolve

I bind myself to you this day, oh Christ, in your truth and in your sacrifice. I give to you my anxiety and my fear, my depression and my doubt, for you have promised to take them if we only ask; and I take upon myself your burden, for it is light and your way is gentle. May I keep this in my heart and mind all this day. Amen.

Prayer of Reconciliation

Father, in Jesus’ name, You are the Great Reconciler! Of marriages! Of children! Of families! Of brothers and sisters in You! Of all relationships! It is in Your strength, and by Your grace that I will go to the person with whom I have had conflict. You have planted the Seed of Love in my heart, and I will humble myself by asking forgiveness regardless of who was at fault. I pray that the relationship will be healed and the breach mended. I purpose to do this in obedience to Your Word and for Your glory, Lord Jesus. The Repairer of Breaches in relationships is working on my behalf! Amen.

My Father, save me from the habit of borrowing. So often I borrow trouble and cannot use it, when the peace that I possess is all that I need. Help me, that I may not miss the glory of today, by anticipating the uncertainty of tomorrow; but may I discern my place and have delight in every day. Amen.

God our Father, in the Bible you tell me to “choose life and not death”. Inspire me in the choices I will make today - that I may choose what is positive and life-giving and good. So help me to protect and defend myself from influences that are not good. Keep me on the right path to choose values that are lasting and beneficial. Keep my eyes open whenever there is injustice, that I may be willing to stand with those who are treated unfairly, and defend those who need support. Deliver us, Lord, from all that is evil. Amen

bluidkiti 06-30-2014 09:52 AM

July 3

To Spread Cheer

Holy God, as I stumble through this life, help me to create more laughter than tears, dispense more cheer than gloom, spread more joy than despair. Let me remind those I meet that our final existence will be total joy, and that we may taste this joy through the Spirit even today. Never let me become so indifferent that I will fail to see the wonder in the eyes of a child, or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged. Never let me forget that my total effort is to cheer people, make them happy, and forget momentarily all the temporary unpleasantness in their lives. And in my final moment, may I hear You whisper, “When you made My people smile, you made Me smile.” Amen.

Prayer of Trust When We Feel Lost

Lord God, sometimes I feel like a lost child, alone in the woods or on a strange street. I cannot see the road ahead of me. I fear what lies in the shadows.

I have no idea where I am going. I cannot know for certain where it will end. Nor do I really know myself. And even though I am trying to follow your will, sometimes I can't be sure whether I am or not. Sometimes, I think, I am fooling myself. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and that you will direct me, even if sometimes I get it wrong.

I hope and pray that I will at least not do anything today that I am certain will displease you, and I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always. Though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my troubles alone. Amen.

Meditation

[Am I fooling myself?]

Oh Heavenly Father, in whom I live and move and have my being, I humbly pray you so to guide and govern me by your Holy Spirit, that in all the joys, occupations, and cares of this day I may never forget you, but remember that I am ever walking in your sight. In Christ's name, I pray, Amen.

Lord, forbid that I should overcast my life with intentions, and neglect to put in the deeds. May I not be satisfied to spend my days in being merely occupied, but live to learn and work. May I not be dismayed over what I might have been, but with all my might do what I can now. Amen.

Lord God, may all of your creation - from the vastness of mighty stars and planets to the lowliness of the smallest living creature I can see - remind me to live in wonder and appreciation of all that is around me. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your Words of wisdom in the Bible. Lord, please help us to avoid anger and strife toward others. Give us Your spirit of love and a burden to pray for those that come against us or try to stir up trouble with us. Lord, You be our umpire in matters where we disagree with others. Help us to have an humble attitude toward You and the people around us, yet maintain a vigilant and forceful prayer life against the powers of darkness that cause people to stir up trouble. Help us to fight our battles in the spirit and not in the flesh. May You bring us the victories that we need. We command the devil to leave with his attacks in the name of Jesus!! I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For Sharing The Light Of Christ”

Father, You didn’t command us to change the hearts of those walking in darkness, for only You can do that. But You did command that we let our light shine so that others will see Your work in our lives and glorify You, our Father in heaven. May the work of our hands and the words that flow from our lips be expressions of Your indwelling light that guides us day by day. We desire, along with multitudes of other believers, to be a sunbeam shattering the spreading darkness as we walk circumspectly in Your ways. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for the work you are doing. We thank you for working through people of all kinds and of all vocations and through the many hearts that know your goodness. We thank you for the great work led by the Lord Jesus, who will overcome the world with patience and with gentleness. He will overcome the world, opening the door wide for all, including the poorest of the poor, to come to you, their Father in heaven. Grant that with the light we have been given we may remain firm and true. Do not let us come into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours forever. Amen.

bluidkiti 06-30-2014 09:52 AM

July 4

All through this day, O Lord, by the power of your quickening Spirit, let me touch the lives of others for good, whether through the word I speak, the prayer I speak, or the life I live. Amen.

Prayer for our Country

Heavenly Father, we thank you for our country, the United States of America. We are Your people who are called by Your name. We humble ourselves by praying, seeking Your face and turning from our wicked ways. Thank You for hearing us as we pray with a contrite heart. We ask forgiveness for our sin. Have mercy on us, O Lord, and heal our land in the name of Jesus. Amen.

God our Father, I can think of mistakes I have made and the attitude that I have sometimes had. May I not become so independent that I think I know it all and no longer need others, but may I always have true friends around me who are willing to point me in the right direction. May I be ready to apologize when things go wrong, and be ready to learn from my mistakes, finding humour in my situation and having the ability and good sense to laugh at myself. May I grow in wisdom each day. Amen

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for allowing us to work. It is a blessing to labor and then receive the fruit of our labor. Help us to overcome any laziness and procrastination that would keep us from receiving the things You want us to have. Lord, we also ask You to give us a spirit of discernment so that we might not be fooled or manipulated by others. Also, help us to recognize Your voice in Your servants who have godly counsel and wisdom that we should heed. I ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

Lord our God, our Father in heaven and on earth, we ask you to bless us, your children, for we want to be your children and nothing else. We want to have our joy and delight in knowing that we belong to you, the almighty God, who began and who will complete redemption on earth through Jesus Christ, our Savior. Bless your Word in us. Give us courage in suffering and distress, for we are allowed to serve you in all circumstances, even when we find it bitterly hard. Your name shall be honored in us, your kingdom shall come. As surely as the earth endures, everything shall happen in accordance with your will, on earth as in heaven. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-03-2014 09:54 AM

July 5

Prayer of Trust When We Feel Lost

Lord God, sometimes I feel like a lost child, alone in the woods or on a strange street. I cannot see the road ahead of me. I fear what lies in the shadows.

I have no idea where I am going. I cannot know for certain where it will end. And even though I am trying to follow your will, sometimes I can't be sure whether I am or not. Sometimes, I think, I am fooling myself. But I believe that the desire to please you does in fact please you and that you will direct me, even if sometimes I get it wrong.

I hope and pray that I will at least not do anything today that I am certain will displease you, and I know that if I do this, you will lead me by the right road, though I may know nothing about it. Therefore I will trust you always. Though I may seem to be lost and in the shadow of death, I will not fear, for you are ever with me and you will never leave me to face my troubles alone. Amen.

God of mercy, swift to help: as my lips pour forth your praise, fill my heart with the peace you give to those who wait for your salvation in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

The Lord Is Near

Lord, I come today to seek You while You may be found. I call upon You while You are near: Forgive me and cleanse me from all sin. I forsake my sinful ways, and let go of unrighteous thoughts. I am returning to my Lord, and I thank You for having mercy upon me. Oh my God, thank You for abundantly pardoning me. Thank You for loving me. Jesus is my Lord. Amen

Gracious Father, may I not feel that it is necessary to wait for certain days and ceremonies to prepare to worship thee, while at every moment thy love is pleading for me. May I through the busiest hours and the most perplexing moments serve thee in reverence and obedience, and ever give praise to thy holy name. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we hear you say that, “of course”, you want to heal us of what is not good in our lives. Touch us today that we may experience your healing and the fullness of your life. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, help me to be the kind of witness I should be to the world. May others see Christ in me and the deeds I do. Forgive me when I get in the flesh and do things that I should not do. Help me to overcome my flesh and truly bring glory to You by the way I live. Fill me with the Spirit so that I can express Your love to all I come in contact with. Help me to be faithful and obedient to Your Words. Thank you for Your mercy and grace. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lord our God, we thank you for the great calling you have given us. We thank you that in all the evils of today's world you give us the hope and faith that you are leading us to a goal that is good, and you make us free. You make your children free so that throughout mankind a new spirit may come, a new life and a new power to serve you in time and eternity. Praise to your name that we can always have hope; nothing can discourage us, but everything must work together for good in accordance with your great purpose. Grant that your compassion may come to all the world, to all peoples, whom you have looked upon with mercy in sending Jesus Christ as Savior. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-03-2014 09:55 AM

July 6

Prayer of Confession

Most merciful God, I confess that I have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what I have done, and by what I have left undone. I have not loved you with my whole heart; I have not loved my neighbors as myself; and I sorrow for these wrongful acts and omissions from the bottom of my heart. I humbly and fully repent all of my misdeeds, and pray that for the sake of your Son Jesus Christ, you will have mercy on me and forgive me, not by my merits, but by that grace that He has granted those who confess his name. And I pray that you will be in my heart and walk with me, that I might sin no more. Amen.

Prayer for All People

O God, the creator and preserver of all mankind, I humbly pray to you for all sorts and conditions of humanity; that it might please you to make your Word known to them and bring your saving health to all nations. In particular I pray for the entirety of your church, in all of its many forms; that it may be guided and governed by your Holy Spirit, and that all who profess your name and call themselves Christians may be led into the way of truth. May all of us live in that unity of spirit which our faith in Christ provides to us, in the bond of peace, and in righteousness of life.

Finally, I commend to your fatherly goodness all those who are ill or in distress, in their mind, body, or circumstances. May it please you to comfort and relieve them in accordance with their needs, giving them patience during their suffering, and a fortunate outcome to all of their problems. And this I ask in the name of Jesus Christ, who was always pleased to relieve the suffering of those he encountered. Amen.

Meditation

[May all of us be guided by the Holy Spirit.]

Oh God who has made me, oh God who keeps me, oh God who will be my Lord through all eternity, shine down Your blessings and wisdom upon me like the sun upon a field; and may I keep You in the forefront of my every thought and deed, throughout this day and the week to come, and evermore. Amen.

Renewing Thought Patterns

It is written, “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.” I no longer desire to conform to the pattern of this world, but may I be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Then my thoughts and my ways will be changed to Your thoughts and Your ways, in the name of Jesus. Amen

Dear Lord, when a new electric bulb fails to light, I do not say that there must be something wrong with the theory of electricity, but rather that there must be something wrong with its connection to the power source. ... When my prayers seem to go unanswered, help me to realize that it is not Your love or power that is missing, but rather my connection with You. Show me, Lord, what thoughts or deeds of mine are causing the break, and help me to get in "sync" with You.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, help me to kindle my life by the shining light of thy power and love, that I may be an ambassador for thee. Amen.

God our Father, you made each of us unique and unrepeatable. Inspire me to live in such a way that I respect others and am ready to learn from all who are part of my life this day. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die for our sins so that we might have eternal life. I am grateful to be Your child. I thank You for purifying me from the things that are not like You. Lord, I cannot cleanse myself, but I know when I ask You to remove the things in my life that are wicked, You will come and do it. Keep me this day from temptation and fill me with Your love and help me to become more and more like You. I asked this in the name of Your precious Son, Jesus. Amen.

Dear Father in heaven, open our hearts to the wonder of being able to call you Father, the wonder of being united with you. You are the source of all life and strength. In you is redemption, and we need to be redeemed before we can live rightly. Take from us the pressures forced on us by the flood of events. Make us completely free as people led by your hand, people who may be joyful because everything will be overcome through the power you grant us in Jesus Christ. Protect us from fear and from all evil. Show more and more clearly your good and wonderful goal for men on earth, so that in expectation they may find happiness even in all the stress of today. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-05-2014 10:29 AM

July 7

For a New Day

Lord, the newness of this day
Calls me to an untried way;
Let me gladly take the road,
Give me strength to bear my load.
Thou my guide and helper be —
I will travel through with Thee.
Amen.
by Henry Van Dkye

Repentance

Almighty God, who does freely pardon all who repent and turn to Him, now fulfill in every contrite heart the promise of redeeming grace; forgiving all our sins, and cleansing us from an evil conscience; through the perfect sacrifice of Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.

The Book of Common Worship, 1946 (Presbyterian)

For Each of Us in Our Work

Almighty God, heavenly Father, who makes it possible for me to work and who gives every creature its food, declaring your glory and showing your handiwork in the heavens and in the earth; Deliver me, I pray, in my work, from coveting material goods, from falling into the temptation of serving mammon and putting money in the forefront of my life. Help me to perform the work which you have put at my hand, in truth, in beauty, and in righteousness, with singleness of heart as your servant, and to the benefit of my fellow men as well as myself; for the sake of your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, who lived and died only to serve us. Amen.

Meditation

[Coveting the things of this world.]

I dedicate this day to you, mighty God. I pray that your Spirit will lift me up this day, and that your face may shine upon me all the day long, that I might do your will and lead a new life in Christ, reborn in the Spirit. Amen.

Dear Lord, You are willing to accept me just as I am, warts and all -- my hurts, my guilt, and my sins. You love me just as I am, but You don't want me to stay that way! ... When I sincerely confess my sins, help me to accept Your forgiveness, believing it, and forgiving myself. Repenting means to reverse my direction, doesn't it? Help me to want to become Your "new creation," letting Your desires become my desires, and realizing that You want only the best for me. Keep me ever in Your care, and help me to grow in my faith.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Gracious Father of us all, if I may have cause to be provoked today, help me to rise above my angry passions, and not from weakness plunge into that for which I may be sorry. Make me self-forgetful, that I may be willing to make peace with those whom I may have displeased. Amen.

For all that we should have thought and have not thought;
For all that we should have said and have not said;
For all that we should have done, and have not done;
we ask forgiveness, Lord.

For all that we should not have thought but have thought;
For all that we should not have said but have said;
For all that we should not have done, but have done;
we ask forgiveness, Lord.

Dear Father, thank you for the love and forgiveness that You show us daily. Lord, help us to overcome any sin that the enemy tempts us to engage in. Lord, forgive us for the times we fail You. We also forgive those who have hurt us and sinned against us. May they come to repentance so that they might know Your forgiving love too. We all need Your love and mercy. Lord Jesus, be merciful to our family and our friends. Watch over our children and our grandchildren and keep them from harm. Guide us daily in the right path so that we do not stray from the straight and narrow. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Flesh Versus the Spirit

Galatians 5:16-18

Dear Father, giver of your Spirit,

Help me to walk by the Spirit and not gratify the desires of my flesh. For the desires of my flesh are opposed to the desires of my spirit and to the desires of your Spirit for me. These things set up an opposition within me to keep me from doing what I want. But thank you for letting me know that if I live by the Spirit I do something different than just live by the rules of the law, that in fact I am not under law.

In the name of Jesus I ask you to perfect us, whatever that may take, and give us the grace to endure your renovation process. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-05-2014 10:30 AM

July 8

Pleasing the Father

Jesus, You are my example, and I desire to live in the way that will not grieve the Holy Spirit. In Your name I resist unwholesome language, bitterness, improper use of anger, brawling, slander, and bad attitudes toward others. I forgive, just as my Father-God has forgiven me. May my attitudes and actions please God. I purpose to act in love toward my brothers and sisters in Christ, just as God acted in love by sending His Son to die for my sins. Amen

God of love, may I come quickly to thee, when I am in need of protection and sympathy. Guard me against sorrow that is drawn from the imagination. May I not allow grief to drag me into misery, but with strength and courage may I find happiness in thy daily will. Amen.

Lord our God, we pray for the strength to hold to our convictions. We pray, too, for the courage and determination to stand with those who suffer from injustice. In all that we do, Lord, inspire us to act justly, love tenderly, and walk humbly with you, our God. Amen.

Thank You, precious Savior, that Your love is steadfast. Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning. Thank You for Your great faithfulness, not only to me but to all Your people from the first day of creation. When I am tempted to become depressed and distressed, may I choose to gaze on You. May I remember that You are my portion. May I hope in Your unceasing love, amen.

bluidkiti 07-06-2014 09:44 AM

July 9

The Almighty Lord, who is a strong tower to all those who put their trust in him, to whom all things in heaven, in earth, and under the earth, do bow and obey; Be now and evermore my defense; and make me know and feel, that there is no other Name under heaven given to man, in whom, and through whom, I may receive health and salvation, but only the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Tongue of the Learned

Holy Spirit, help me remember that a word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. The Sovereign Lord has given me an instructed tongue to know the word that sustains the weary. He wakens me morning by morning, my ear to listen like one being taught. The Sovereign Lord has opened my ears, I have not been rebellious; have not drawn back. Amen

Lord God, I come to thee for help, that I may make more of my life. Steady me, that I may know its value without wavering, and the loss it sustains from wasted days. I pray that I may live more in thy commandments, and with my work accept the joy of thy love. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for Your kindness toward me in working with me to overcome the areas of my life that need more discipline. I do want a prayer life that is pleasing to You. Help me in this endeavor. Correct those areas in my life that would hinder me from spending more time with You. Grant me the grace to overcome any laziness that tempts me. Fill me with Your Spirit this day and let me be a blessing in this life to all I come in contact with. I ask this in the name of the Lord, Jesus Christ. Amen.

The Fruit of the Spirit

Galatians 5:22-26

Dear Father, grower of spiritual fruit,

Let the fruit of the Spirit blossom, mature, and ripen in my life: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these. Let me possess them!

Since I belong to Christ, I have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Let me live by the Spirit. Let me walk by the Spirit!

Let me show no self-conceit, give no provocation, have no envy toward anyone else. Let me live in, through, and for Christ Jesus, as he lives in, through, and for me and his whole church.

In the name of Jesus I ask you to perfect us, whatever that may take, and give us the grace to endure your renovation process. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-06-2014 09:45 AM

July 10

Prayer for the Morning (written by Metropolitan Philaret)

Lord, give me the strength to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your holy will. Reveal Your will to me every hour of the day. Bless my dealings with all people. Teach me to treat all people who come to me throughout the day with peace of soul and with firm conviction that Your will governs all. In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unexpected events, let me not forget that all are sent by you.

Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others. Give me the physical strength to bear the labors of this day. Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray in me. Amen.

May the God of hope fill me and all of us with the joy and peace that comes from believing, so that we may abound in hope, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Trust in the Living God

In the name of Jesus, I would not be high-minded nor trust in uncertain riches. My trust is in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Father, I purpose to be a wise steward of the finances You give to me, and use them to further Your Kingdom. My giving not only helps supply the needs of people, but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to You, my Lord and my God. Amen

Dear Lord, where I can change my condition for the better, give me the wisdom and courage to do so. Where I cannot change my circumstances, help me to take control and change my attitude. Let me adopt a positive attitude that will glorify You, and may my problems become opportunities for service. ... "As a man thinketh"* -- help me to see, Lord, that how I choose to think will influence my future. Is my cup half empty, or is it half full? I can be optimistic, or I can choose to think negatively and witness to the weakness of my faith, and help to bring on the disaster that I dread. It's up to me, isn't it?

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Prov. 23:7)

My Father, thou hast proven the strength of thy promises by thy tender love and mercy through the darkest hours. Help me always to cling to the hope that thou hast provided for my soul. May I be trustful, and be thankful to "see so much as one side of a celestial idea, one side of the rainbow, and the sunset sky." Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, we desire to be like You so we are asking You to help us to be honest in all of our dealings with others. May we be concerned about the other party when we purchase something and not just look on what is always advantageous to us. Help us to overcome selfishness. Lord, help us to control the things that we speak and speak things that are kind and edifying. Deliver us from anger and resentment and let us keep a forgiving attitude when others wrong us. Lord, we are trusting You to vindicate us when others take advantage of us. Lord, we just do not want to be the ones guilty of taking advantage of another. Help us to always be fair and honest in our dealings. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

“A Prayer For Strength During The Time Of Adversity”

Father, when we’re hurting, confused or emotionally paralyzed we’re unsure of the first step to take. But our fears diminish when we recall the words of Scripture, “For I hold you by your right hand–I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.” The songwriter also reminds us, “Each step I take, I know that He will guide me; to higher ground He ever leads me on, until some day the last step will be taken. Each step I take just leads me closer home. At times I feel my faith begin to waver, when up ahead I see a chasm wide. It’s then I turn and look up to my Saviour, I am strong when He is by my side.” Since You promise never to leave us nor forsake us, help us to remember that we never walk this journey alone, but we take each step by faith with You at our side. How grateful we are to be Your children. Amen.

Dear Lord, we rejoice in Your love, for it takes the heaviness from our hearts. May each day strengthen us to serve others, for in Your love, there are ways to serve the needs of others. With Your love, there is courage and no fear of the future, for all the emptiness is gone. Thank You, Lord Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-09-2014 10:42 AM

July 11

Prayer to Dedicate This Day to God

Holy God, as I face another day, I know I am going to face many challenges: to my faith, to my patience, to my love for others. I am going to have constant temptations to lapse into sin. Come to me now, Lord, and stay with me all day. Let your Spirit encompass my mind. Let me know your presence. Steer my hand, direct my words, guide my thoughts in everything I think and say and do. I resolve to live this day as a beacon of your glory, the best I can, with your help. I commit myself to give this day to you. In the name of Christ, be with me and help me. Amen.

May it please you, my good Lord, that there may come a day when I can repay a little of my great debt to you. O Jesus, strengthen my soul, you who are good above all good; and since you have inclined my soul in this way, show me how I may act for you, whatever it may cost, O Lord. Here is my life, my honor and my will; I have given them all to you and they are yours: use me to do whatever you want. Amen.

Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for sending the Counselor, the Holy Spirit to teach me all things. Holy Spirit, I trust You to bring all things to my remembrance that Jesus has said. You are the Spirit of truth, guiding me into all truth. You speak only what You hear, and You will tell me what is yet to come. I come to fellowship with You this morning, and receive You as my Companion. Amen

Dear Lord, remind me that discipline is a requirement of discipleship. For how else can I discover the truth of Your declaration to Your disciple Paul: "My strength is made perfect in [your] weakness."* I must prove this in my own life if I am to share it with others. ... Help me, Lord, as I struggle with difficult problems in circumstances that test my faith. Help me to see that I do need You, and remind me to wait for Your leading. In the midst of it all, let me feel Your peace, and then discover that You are indeed adequate for all of my needs.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

* (II Cor. 12:9)

(c) 2001 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

My Lord, may I remember that to protect the character of others is to add virtue to my own. Grant that I may see the good and not be looking for the evil. Cause me to know that peace will not abide in deceit or revenge, but may be found in a happy and charitable spirit. Help me to earn thy peace. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I come to You today and I do thank you for all of the wonderful advice You have recorded in the Bible. Help me to heed it and live by it, for I know that when I do, I will experience blessings in this life. Lord, help me not to get caught up in anything that is deceptive or that plays on the fleshly desires in my life. Give me discernment and wisdom in my monetary affairs. Help me to put You first in my finances by giving tithes and offerings. I know then You will protect me from the snares of the devil who comes to rob, steal and kill. Thank you, Lord for Your provision today and help me to be sensitive as to how I can help others and the work of the gospel. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

“A Prayer For Being Lightbearers”

Father, You make our light shine brightest when we’re surrounded by darkness. We don’t seek to blend into the darkness but want to shine Your light so that those walking in darkness can see the way to repentance. Even as we’re able to see God in the face of Christ, may the world see Christ in the face of Christian believers all over this dark planet. In Your name, Jesus, we pray. Amen.

Lord our God, grant us true unity with your Son Jesus Christ, so that his power can be revealed in us and we may find new life in which we can truly serve you. Protect us from all error. Be among us with your Spirit to make us people who are genuine. Let your will be carried out more and more in this age. Let your will again intervene so that a new creation may come, a new heaven and a new earth, as we have been promised. May your name be great among us, may your kingdom come and everything in heaven and on earth be done according to your will. Amen.

Lord Jesus, we love You. We thank You for the gift of life and love, as well as friends and faith. Help us to share these blessings with all whom we encounter and meet today. In Your holy name, we cheerfully pray. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-09-2014 10:42 AM

July 12

Into your hands, O Lord, Jesus Christ, my God, I commend my spirit. Bless me and all those who pray in faith of You this day; save us and grant unto us everlasting life. Amen.

Hear my prayer, O God; listen to the words of my mouth. The moment I pray, You send an angel for my words, and Your answer is on its way to me. I purpose with the help of the Holy Spirit that I will always have an excellent spirit, and remain in right standing with You. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. In the name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

Dear Lord, You have said that if we will wait upon You, that You will renew our strength; we shall mount up with wings as eagles; we shall run and not be weary; we shall walk and not faint. ... But Lord, it is not always easy to wait. Sometimes I want You to give me patience, right now! ... Help me to remember the times that You have stood with me in the past. Help me to believe that You will renew my strength, and provide for all my needs, as I wait to find a job, or as I start a new one; as I start a new program, make a new beginning, or prepare to go off to college; as I wait for healing -- whatever. You will be there with me. Let me remember that You are trustworthy, and learn to praise You in all things!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord God, direct me away from self, that I may learn of thy wisdom, and help further thy kingdom. Give me patience to search for thy truths, that I may obtain the noblest to use for thy service. Amen.

Lord, I want to be responsible for my own life, and I want to make positive choices each day. Inspire me to get my priorities right and be generous in my care and concern for others. In busy days and casual days remind me, too, of my basic human need for personal time and quiet and space, and lead me to respect the personal needs that others also have. Amen.

Reaping Righteousness

Galatians 6:7-8

Dear Father,

Keep me from sowing seeds from my sinful nature, for I do not want to reap the crop they will produce. May I not invest my time, money, or desires in the deceitful things of this world. For then I will reap destruction.

Help me rather to sow to the Spirit, to please you. Help me to put my time, money, and desires into proper thinking and righteous living so I will reap everlasting life.

In the name of the infinitely generous Jesus I ask these things. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-11-2014 10:09 AM

July 13

Prayer of Ambrose of Milan

O Lord, who has mercy upon all, take away from me my sins, and mercifully kindle in me the fire of your Holy Spirit. Take away from me the heart of stone, and give me a heart of flesh, a heart to love and adore you, a heart to delight in you, to follow and to enjoy you, for Christ's sake.
Amen.

from a prayer by Ambrose of Milan, 388 A.D.

For Forgiveness

Almighty Father; I enter your presence confessing the things I try to conceal from you and the things I try to conceal from others. I confess the heartbreak, worry, and sorrow I have caused, that make it difficult for others to forgive me, the times I have made it easy for others to do wrong, the harm I have done that makes it hard for me to forgive myself. Lord have mercy on me, and forgive for all my sins against you and against others, through the grace of my Lord, Jesus Christ, Amen.

Meditation

[How will I grow in Christ this week?]

Father, in the name of Jesus I apply my heart to instruction and my ears to words of knowledge. All Your words are true; all Your righteous laws are eternal. The words of the Lord are flawless, silver refined in a furnace of clay, seven times. My mouth will speak words of wisdom; the utterance from my heart will give understanding. Amen

Dear Lord, when days get hectic, and I am feeling overwhelmed with my parenting responsibilities, when everyone is late and starting the day behind schedules has become the norm, forgive me when I lose my cool. ... Help me to reschedule and slow down, and to try not to crowd too much into my children's lives and mine. ... These times are difficult enough for both parents and young people. Help me not to add to the problem -- not to run ahead of You. ... Rather teach me to plan quiet times of family togetherness each day so that we can listen to each other, heal our brokenness, count our blessings, experience Your love and Your peace, and sit through at least one meal together daily.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, I ask that you inspire me always to do my best - not comparing myself with others, but only with myself. Lead me, Lord, to discover and use my own talents to the full. May I live in such a way that I help others to experience success, as well as praising them for the good use of their abilities - looking not so much at the degree of achievement but at the effort put in. Stop me from judging people or jumping to conclusions about them, but lead me to respect and accept others for who they are, focusing on the positive rather than the negative. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful friends and family You have given to me. Lord, may I always value these gifts of love and friendship and never violate them. May I always be the kind of friend that is trustworthy and that others will know their secrets are safe with me. Guard my mouth and let me only speak things that are edifying and needful. May I always respect my parents and elders and give them honor. Lord, may I treasure my relationships and always value them above things. If I lose things, they can be restored; but if I lose a relationship because I value material things above my friendships and cause a brother or sister to be offended, I may never win their trust again. Help me always to embrace the truth that -- relationships are more valuable than things. I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

Anticipating the Harvest

Galatians 6:9-10

Dear Father, just yet merciful God,

May I not become weary in doing good but rather work diligently, energetically, and enthusiastically, keeping in mind the rich harvest you will send at the proper time. Don't ever let me give up on doing good or give up on you. And God, don't ever give up on me!

As I have opportunity, let me do good to everybody, especially to those in my family of fellow believers.

In the name of Jesus I ask these things. Amen.

Heavenly Father, we are so thankful that You are always with us in every situation that comes our way. Life can sometimes be scary, and we thank You that You will never leave us or forsake us, and that You hold us in the palm of Your hand. Whenever we are afraid, we will trust in You. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

bluidkiti 07-11-2014 10:10 AM

July 14

To Witness Boldly

Dear Heavenly Father, I lower my head before you and confess that I have too often forgotten that I am yours. Sometimes I carry on my life as if there were no God and fall short of being a bold witness to You. For all of these things, I ask your forgiveness, and pray that you will give me strength, courage, a clear mind and an open heart when you call upon me to witness to your mighty love. Remind me always to strive to be who You would have me be, not matter where I am or what I am doing or who I am with. Hold me tight, precious Lord, and let your light shine through me that all can see it. Amen.
Meditation

[Being a bold witness.]

Parting Prayer

Lord, pour your love into my heart, that I may love you above all things, and my neighbors as myself. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, remind me that as Corrie ten Boom once said, "God does not hold me responsible for success but for faithfulness -- Jesus said, 'Well done you good and faithful servant,' not 'well done you good and successful servant.'" ... Help me , Lord, as I strive to be faithful; sometimes it's not easy, sometimes it's not convenient, sometimes it means standing against criticism and ridicule, threats and attacks. ... It may take more courage than I have, but then You have promised not to leave me alone, and that Your strength will be sufficient. ... Help me to endure to the end, and to learn to praise You in all things!

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

Lord, I do not want to be selfish. I do realize how important it is to value and appreciate myself, and I know that I need genuine love for myself if I am fully to love others. Remind me of the importance of keeping time and space and quiet for myself, and remind me to respect the personal needs of others, too. Lord God, you who call me by my name, I thank you for making me who I am. Inspire me to grow as a genuine and sincere person with a positive attitude, right values, and a generous spirit. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, I do want to be like You, so help me to react with Your love when someone does something toward me that is evil. I confess that I cannot do this in myself, but I am asking that You give me the love, understanding and patience that I need to be able to overcome evil with good. Father, Jesus forgave those who crucified Him on the cross, even in the midst of His agony; let me remember what You did on the cross, when I need to forgive trespasses done against me. Lord, give all of Your children the power of the Holy Spirit to sustain them in their trials in this life. We all need Your power and grace to overcome and be like You. I ask this in the name of Jesus, my Lord. Amen.

Lord our God, kindle true light in our hearts and minds, that we may recognize what we are and become free of everything false and dishonest. Let this light of righteousness, this judgment, go through all nations, that men no longer use empty words when they talk of "mercy" and "truth." Grant that your mercy and your truth find the right soil and bear fruit. May they find soil prepared by you, for you judge us and make right what is wrong in our earthly life. We thank you that however painful many of our experiences are, we may still say, "Through how much need has not our merciful God spread out his wings to protect us!" Amen.

bluidkiti 07-12-2014 09:59 AM

July 15

For the Day's Work

O God, who orders all things in heaven and earth: Help me to go about the tasks and duties of this day with the remembrance that I am your servant therein. Make me honest, painstaking, and cheerful, and grant that all I do and say may bring good to others and glory to your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ, our Lord, Amen.

Prayer for Those with Harmful Obsessions

Heavenly Father, I remember today all the many people who damage or destroy their lives with one of the thousand obsessions that can plague the human mind: The alcoholic and addict; those with eating disorders; those with sexual compulsions; those who are driven to obsessive gambling; the superstitious; those who hoard obsessively and live in squalor; those whose only concern is their appearance, or wealth; or any of the myriad, baffling, and often bizarre behavioral disorders that may affect and burden the lives of your people.

Help me first to remember, when I am shocked by their behavior or critical of them, that they are your beautiful children whom you love. Give them the strength to seek help, guide them to people who can help them, and flood them with the power of your Holy Spirit, that they may control their disorders and find peace and contentment on this earth, and the eternal joy that awaits the faithful. I pray this in the name of Christ, who loved beyond all love and was always pleased to heal those who came to Him in faith. Amen.

Meditation

[Let me not judge those afflicted with terrible addictions.]

And now let me go forth praising you, O Lord, with all my heart, telling of all your wonders, with my words and in my actions. I will be glad and rejoice in you this day. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High. Amen.

Heavenly Father, my household and I shall be saved because I believe on the Lord Jesus. Thank You for choosing us before the foundation of the world. Every member of my household is accepted in the Beloved, the Lord Jesus Christ. You give abundant water for my thirst and for my parched fields. Thank You for pouring out Your Spirit and Your blessings on my children in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to see that the real problem is not what happens to me but rather how I react that makes the difference. Teach me, Oh Lord, to deal with the circumstances in my life so that they will not be able to disturb my "inner peace and joy" in You. ... Help me to come to know You by studying Your Word and building a relationship with You. Remind me to put on Your armor* and to recognize my real enemy. Engrave in my heart that You are greater than any evil that can attack me.** ... As long as I abide in You, You have promised to abide in me. Give me Your gift of faith and help me to remain steadfast.

In Your holy name I pray.

Amen.

* (See Eph. 6) ** (See I John 4:4)

Eternal God, help me to honor my life; and may I realize, whether I select good or bad, much or little, the harvesting is for eternity. Grant that I may not make my life accumulate gold and grandeur, and laden it with much spending; but may I strive and love what thou dost love, and make my life worthy of my labor. Amen.

Lord, I need to keep an eye on the small things in my life as well as the bigger issues, because my thoughts become my attitude, my attitude becomes my words, my words become my actions, and my actions form my character. Be there, Lord, in that instant before every thought, that I may choose wisely my thoughts and my attitude, my words and my actions, so that I grow as the person you call me to be. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for saving my soul. I am so glad that You are my Father and I can come to You, no matter what kind of problem I have. You are always so kind and merciful to me when I fail and I do appreciate it. Help me, so that I will be able to walk in the straight and narrow way and not take steps that are out of the way. I want to please You and have my steps ordered of You. Show me what You would have me to do and then strengthen me to do it. Also, help me to guard my mouth and not promise things to others that I am not able to perform. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

A Marvelous Message

1 Thessalonians 1:2-8

Dear Father,

Thank you for the great numbers of believers in Jesus Christ, for their works of faith, their labors of love, and their steadfastness of hope which they have in Christ. Thank you for choosing all of us and calling us to yourself by the Good News about Jesus. Thank you that this marvelous message came to us not only in word, but in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. Thank you for the example of your apostles as demonstrations of what the Good News about Jesus can do in human lives.

Help us to imitate their labors, suffering, and joys in the Holy Spirit so that we may become examples to others.

Let our faith, like theirs, go forth everywhere to all men so that all men will turn from vain idols and self-worship to serve you, the living and true God.

In the name of Jesus I pray and give thanks to you. Amen.

Lord our God, grant that we may find the power of your Spirit so that we may live on a higher level, no longer controlled by our lower natures but strengthened to take up the battle of life. May we be children of the Spirit and may we walk in the Spirit. Guard us against carelessness and keep us joyful and courageous. Help us and counsel us on all our ways so that we may honor you and testify that you are our God, our true help. Amen.

Father God, we thank you for the many ways that you deliver us. We thank you that you are faithful, and have established us and guarded us against the evil one. Remind us Lord to keep our confidence in you, and that you are working out your plan. Direct our hearts to love you and to know the steadfastness of Christ Jesus.