Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - April (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3275)

bluidkiti 04-01-2014 09:24 AM

Daily Reflection - April

April 1

A Time to Think: Some people think God does not like to be troubled with our constant coming and asking. The way to trouble God is not to come at all. –D.L. Moody, evangelist and author

To Act: Live with the thought of being in God's care.

To Pray: Lord, Your love and protection is the one true thing that I can always count on.

bluidkiti 04-02-2014 08:27 AM

April 2

A Time to Think: O Lord, never allow us to think we can stand by ourselves, and not need You. –John Donne, English poet and cleric in the Church of England

To Act: Put God first in your life.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, please help me face each day with grace and appreciation for the blessings of Your love.

bluidkiti 04-03-2014 07:56 AM

April 3

A Time to Think: Anything is a blessing which makes us pray. –C. H. Spurgeon, preacher and author

To Act: Relax and accept God's grace in times of stress.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for renewing me and giving me a life that has purpose and meaning.

bluidkiti 04-04-2014 09:42 AM

April 4

A Time to Think: Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark. –George Iles, 19th century author

To Act: Be sensitive to the messages of hope that greet you.

To Pray: Lord, when all around me looks dark, remind me that the bridge of hope will carry me over my troubles, into the future of Your promise.

bluidkiti 04-05-2014 01:34 PM

April 5

A Time to Think: Don’t pray when you feel like it. Have an appointment with the Lord and keep it. A man is powerful on his knees. –Corrie ten Boom, author

To Act: Concentrate on serving God in whatever way He directs.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to always remember I have a limitless capacity for caring.

bluidkiti 04-06-2014 08:54 AM

April 6

A Time to Think: Dreams are renewable. No matter what our age or condition, there are still untapped possibilities within us and new beauty waiting to be born. –Dale E. Turner, author

To Act: Build a dream and the dream will build you.

To Pray: Understanding Father, our dreams are changed because You have a better road for us to travel, one that brings us closer to You.

bluidkiti 04-07-2014 02:53 PM

April 7

A Time to Think: One of the best ways to demonstrate God's love is to listen to people. –Bruce Larsen, author

To Act: Today, listen more than you speak.

To Pray: Dear Lord, may I give to someone today my friendship. May I let them rest in my love and care.

bluidkiti 04-08-2014 11:14 AM

April 8

A Time to Think: God has enough grace to solve every dilemma you face, wipe every tear you cry, and answer every question you ask. –Max Lucado, author and pastor

To Act: Visualize the protection of being in God's care.

To Pray: Thank You, Lord, that You know our needs and are always ready to meet them.

bluidkiti 04-09-2014 10:40 AM

April 9

A Time to Think: God walks with us. He scoops us up in His arms or simply sits with us in silent strength until we cannot avoid the awesome recognition that yes, even now, He is there. –Gloria Gaither, songwriter

To Act: Put your problems in God's hands.

To Pray: Lord, help me to take the opportunities You give me and work with them, not against them.

bluidkiti 04-10-2014 10:58 AM

April 10

A Time to Think: An optimist is the human personification of spring. –Susan J. Bissonette, author

To Act: Look for an opportunity to make a positive difference.

To Pray: Lord, let me not forget that Your blessings are to be shared.

bluidkiti 04-11-2014 11:49 AM

April 11

A Time to Think: If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. –Anne Bradstreet, poet

To Act: Today notice the little things that make your day special.

To Pray: Lord, help me to notice everything You want me to see today.

bluidkiti 04-12-2014 11:01 AM

April 12

A Time to Think: Flowers grow out of dark moments. –Sister Mary Corita Kent, artist and educator

To Act: Change your thoughts and change your life.

To Pray: Dear God, help me always to see beyond my fears to the beauty of Your creation.

bluidkiti 04-13-2014 12:13 PM

April 13

A Time to Think: Prayer is a choice. For us to pray to give thanks, or to voice our questions and doubts shows that we are choosing to leave an opening in our spirits. Without this opening, there is no vessel, no place into which God can breathe. –Joanna Laufer, author

To Act: Recognize that your faith will lead you to great things.

To Pray: Thank You, Jesus, for the precious moments when You bless my worship with Your Holy Spirit.

bluidkiti 04-14-2014 10:14 AM

April 14

A Time to Think: The more I study nature, the more I stand amazed at the work of the Creator. –Louis Pasteur, French chemist

To Act: Take notice of the changes that are blooming around you.

To Pray: God, thank You for the moments that wake me up to this perfectly beautiful world.

bluidkiti 04-15-2014 10:30 AM

April 15

A Time to Think: Worry often gives a small thing a great shadow. –Swedish proverb

To Act: Focus not on your fears but your strengths.

To Pray: Lord, I am far from perfect in my worship of You. Yet what I render unto You, I render with all my heart.

bluidkiti 04-16-2014 09:37 AM

April 16

A Time to Think: Our prayers may be awkward. Our attempts may be feeble. But since the power of prayer is in the one who hears it and not the one who says it, our prayers do make a difference. –Max Lucado, best-selling author and preacher at Oak Hills Church

To Act: Pray for the comforting arms of Jesus to hold you.

To Pray: Father, be present with us, our steady Guide, pointing out the way You want us to go.

bluidkiti 04-17-2014 10:05 AM

April 17

A Time to Think: Faith draws the poison from every grief, takes the sting from every loss, and quenches the fire of every pain; and only faith can do it. –J. G. Holland, writer

To Act: Ask God to stay with you in difficult situations and affirm that He is helping you now.

To Pray: Lord, hold onto me as I go forward with faith in You.

bluidkiti 04-18-2014 09:51 AM

April 18

A Time to Think: Good Friday is a day of hope. It is a day where we look forward to a brighter tomorrow. –Reverend Dr. Peola C. Hicks, OurPrayer Manager

To Act: Today is Good Friday Day of Prayer. Join us in prayer.

To Pray: Father, in the name of Jesus, I pray for life-changing comfort for anyone who needs to hear from You right now.

bluidkiti 04-19-2014 12:08 PM

April 19

A Time to Think: Don't pray to escape trouble. Don't pray to be comfortable in your emotions. Pray to do the will of God in every situation. Nothing else is worth praying for. –Reverend Sam Shoemaker, author and evangelist

To Act: Trust that things will be fine.

To Pray: Father I hold tight to Your truth and trust You to work in my life.

bluidkiti 04-20-2014 10:57 AM

April 20

A Time to Think: On Easter Day the veil between time and eternity thins to gossamer. –Douglas Horton, religious leader

To Act: Today, carve out some additional time to pray.

To Pray: My Everlasting God, don't let me forget that I can depend on You.

bluidkiti 04-21-2014 12:26 PM

April 21

A Time to Think: Once you become aware that the main business that you are here for is to know God, most of life's problems fall into place of their own accord. –J.I. Packer, Christian theologian

To Act: Resolve not to magnify small problems.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to remember that the brightness of Your loving presence is always with me.

bluidkiti 04-22-2014 09:16 AM

April 22

A Time to Think: God does not comfort us to make us comfortable only, but to make us comforters. –Dr. John Henry Jowett, preacher and author

To Act: Remember that love shared is multiplied many times over.

To Pray: Lord, show me new ways to bring comfort and healing in Your name.

bluidkiti 04-23-2014 09:44 AM

April 23

A Time to Think: The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. –Albert Einstein, physicist

To Act: Give your joy to others and it will come back to you.

To Pray: You fill me with concern for others, Lord, and You give me strength to help them.

bluidkiti 04-24-2014 11:05 AM

April 24

A Time to Think: Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr., author of Life's Little Instruction Book

To Act: Stop a moment, cease your work and enjoy the day.

To Pray: Lord, help me to understand that I can be joyful at all times and in all situations because I am Your child and You are my God.

bluidkiti 04-25-2014 10:24 AM

April 25

A Time to Think: When God is involved, anything can happen. Be open. Stay that way. God has a beautiful way of bringing good vibrations out of broken chords. –Charles Swindoll, Christian pastor, author and educator

To Act: Recall a time when you witnessed God's flawless timing.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to stretch beyond what is comfortable. Help me to be my best.

bluidkiti 04-26-2014 10:39 AM

April 26

A Time to Think: If you can't be thankful for what you receive, be thankful for what you escape. –Anonymous

To Act: Become more aware of the blessings that surround you.

To Pray: Father, of all the gifts and blessings You bestow on us, the greatest is the miracle of life. Let me find joy and satisfaction in every amazing, improbable moment.

bluidkiti 04-27-2014 08:00 AM

April 27

A Time to Think: Nobody ever outgrows Scripture; the book widens and deepens with our years. –Charles Haddon Spurgeon, preacher and author

To Act: Pray God's Word and see your prayer life flourish.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, help me to hear Your voice deep in my heart, guiding me.

bluidkiti 04-28-2014 12:47 PM

April 28

A Time to Think: God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame. –Elizabeth Barrett Browning, poet

To Act: Give everything to God and He will give you everything, too!

To Pray: God in heaven, hear my prayers and lead me on a never-ending journey to know You better.

bluidkiti 04-29-2014 08:57 AM

April 29

A Time to Think: The greatest test of faith is when you don't get what you want but still, you are able to say "Thank you Lord." – Author Unknown

To Act: Trust that there is a divine plan.

To Pray: A life of faith is a daily adventure, Lord. Keep us from seeing it as ordinary or commonplace.

bluidkiti 04-30-2014 09:52 AM

April 30

A Time to Think: Until God opens the next door for you, praise him in the hallway. –Anonymous

To Act: Thank the Lord for the possibilities of a new day.

To Pray: Giver of all that is good, how grateful I am for Your abundant kindness.