Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   My son (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1987)

Jane 12-17-2013 10:33 AM

My son

Something about two months ago I found out that my son is a drug addict (tramadol, ketamine). I felt horror, despair, and panic – all in one time! Though now I can’t say that we didn’t guess about him judging from his behavior, I think I didn’t want to believe it. His friend came and told me my son used drugs together with him. I asked why he told me this. He said he got help and now feels he also has to help somebody. He told us about a center where he got help, but I had doubts. It was in another country. But after doing some research on web, I understood that this is the only one I could believe to help my son and my family. So we spend some weeks gathering money and went there. I was surprised that I had to follow him and stay with him during the entire course. Doctors there say that addiction is a family disease, not just of a person who abuses. I started the treatment together with my son from the first hour we arrived to the clinic!!! And in 3 days I saw the first result. He started kissing me in the cheek and saying goodnight! I almost forgot how it feels to be a mother of a loving son. It is a miracle! We are on our treatment now, and I have only good things to say. These people are teaching us to live again and to find other pleasures in life except drugs!

BW1 12-17-2013 11:49 AM

Thank You Jane...It truly is wonderful to come out of that dark tunnel of DENIAL, darkness and despair and see there is a solution and hope.

Peace and blessings to you & yours today

MajestyJo 12-18-2013 12:46 AM

Thank you for sharing. My son was suppose to attend meetings when I went into recovery, but he refused. He was already on his path of addiction. I have been going to Al-Anon off and on for 22 years, with the last 12 years focused on Al-Anon. As you say, it is a family disease. My father and mother died from their disease, and I have two ex-husbands who have the symptoms to qualify for the program, but they didn't have the willingness to change.

Perhaps there are some posts in the Family and Friends section that you will be able to identify with. I found that pills were dried up alcohol to me, and it didn't matter what substance I picked up, it lead to the same soul sickness. For me, the 12 Steps were applicable to all areas of my life, including my dysfunctional relationships.

This is a quote I posted on another site:

Quote:

Denial is a blanket we often wear when we don't want to face something and/or we don't feel we are ready to handle it. We forget that through our Higher Power, all things are possible. I found if kept coming back until I was ready, and the longer I waited, the sicker I got, and instead of a challenge I need to over come, it became a problem I stayed stuck in.
My prayers are with you both. I quit smoking 3 days before Christmas, so I know it is rough going through the holiday without using. I figured if I could get through that, I would never have a reason to pick up, maybe some excuses, but one day at a time, with prayer and gratitude, the program worked for me. My son is still using, he has been in treatment 5 times, and yet he refuses to go to meeting. All I can do is pray and "Live and Let Live."

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/christmas/0018.gif

Jane 12-18-2013 03:56 AM

Thank you all!

We are in the center now. First week was great, my son got lots of procedure which where related to body recovery and mental illness: massage, psychologist, cryosauna, acupuncture, holotropic breathing, yoga , laser therapy... and so on. Some of procedures are avalable for me too! ( my shape is getting better! lol). Doctor said that after 2 days my son will be on the hypnosis group session. During last week I heard about group sessions with other patients. "We screamed and cried, but after these sessions We were free from the memories of drugs. I'm not a slave anymore! I'm free!".
I pray to God, I hope, I belive that my baby will be healed.

Jane 12-18-2013 04:39 AM

MajestyJo, I'm sorry to hear that. I know how it is important to have a support in this fight. I'll pray to God, and I hope your son will find a stamina and everything will be great for you and your family.
God Bless.

MajestyJo 12-19-2013 06:00 AM

Thank you, it took a lot of acceptance, compassion, love and understanding of his disease. I had trouble with the fact that he had gone to treatment and yet had gone back out to continue to use. It was about acknowledging the disease and looking behind it to get to my son.

BW1 12-19-2013 02:58 PM

Continued prayers for both you and your son Jane

"all we really have is a daily reprieve based on our spiritual condition"

Jane 01-10-2014 06:06 AM

Hi everyone. We are at home. My son is sober. I'm so full of love and happyness! Now he backs to life.
I'm so thankfull to doctors and their staff. They were so attentive and carefull with us.
Thank you God.

MajestyJo 01-10-2014 08:00 AM

So glad all is well with you. Good to have you back.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...oR9bG9uQ70EnV8

LookingOut 01-10-2014 08:12 AM

I am so happy he has completed treatment. I hope he will continue to be vigilant against the drugs with some meetings or some type of support. Pray for him as much as you can. Slips sometimes come with the territory--I HOPE and PRAY that he won't--but just know they can be recovered from. Lifting you and he in prayer. Jesus is our Great Healer!

bluidkiti 01-11-2014 07:57 AM

That is great news. Thanks for sharing it with us. :1:

MajestyJo 01-11-2014 04:28 PM

Glad he is doing well. The program works when you work it, so I hope he continues doing the do things. It takes willingness, so I will pray that he gets the willingness to be willing to do what ever he needs to do to stay clean and sober.

A young guy came in at 19 and he has the same length of time I have. We shared the same sponsor, until I found a woman to sponsor me.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...dMfkTiMt5emwhQ

Jane 01-21-2014 03:35 AM

Hi everyone)

Thank you for your sweet words. We are fine. Could you please tell me, if it's normal that I want to thank our doctor every day?)))
Our kid is talking to us, shares how was his day, shares his mood, his thoughts. He starts to feel something.

Thank you all.

MajestyJo 01-21-2014 06:53 AM

Thanks for sharing. For me a thought is a prayer and sounds like your doctor deserves a lot of prayers of gratitude.

So happy for your, for ever word out of his mouth is worth thoughts of gratitude.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...w3n8-AwXWgmC3Q

LookingOut 01-21-2014 09:00 AM

I think it is wonderful that you are so grateful. Send your doctor a thank you note or a thank you basket of goodies. I'm sure they don't get thanked often and I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

So happy things are still going well. Prayers that your son continues on the right path! Hugs and blessings! :D