Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Recovery Readings (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reflections for Every Day - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5555)

yukonm 12-01-2014 07:28 AM

Reflections for Every Day - December

December 1

Today's Thought:

No one deserves to be abused physically or mentally by any one! The hardest part for me to forgive was all the words spoken in his fits of rage. He still tries to come into my life but I will not allow this to happen.

Submitted By:

Lorin

yukonm 12-02-2014 07:30 AM

December 2

Today's Thought:

For me, a sponsor was, and is, a good thing. I was lucky enough to get a good sponsor with the first one I picked. The key word, of course, is "good." Sometimes you need to try out a few before you find a good one.

Submitted By:

Marty

yukonm 12-03-2014 09:25 AM

December 3

Today's Thought:

God will put the people or person in my path when its time to make amends to them. Which means to me, I do not have to seek out anyone I apologize too. Thank goodness because there are people in my past I do not want to confront.

Submitted By:

Deb

yukonm 12-04-2014 06:01 AM

December 4

Today's Thought:

I would often find myself sitting in a bar half drunk wondering what the hell happened. The last decision I recalled making was to go straight home without drinking. I remembered walking into the bar, but I didn't remember deciding to do that. It was as though my brain had short-circuited (the "mental blank spot" AA's speak of) and my legs had developed a mind of their own, walking me into the bar.

Submitted By:

Larry

yukonm 12-05-2014 07:11 AM

December 5

Today's Thought:

She supplies him with all the alcohol he can handle - I worry still for his safety but I have to remember it's not my concern and he's on his own now to deal with the circumstances. I do know I did the right thing for myself.

Submitted By:

Jill

yukonm 12-05-2014 10:01 PM

December 6

Today's Thought:

I have seen people become sponsors and turn into something I consider very unattractive, thinking that the title gives them free rein to take over and control a sponsee's every move and thought. , I did get a sponsor that I was able to develop some sort of relationship with. She was there to help me understanding this stuff when I approached her.

Submitted By:

Bette

yukonm 12-07-2014 07:36 AM

December 7

Today's Thought:

My husband and I have found that the Steps, Traditions, and Concepts work very well in our relationship. We have never had a fight. That does not mean we agree on everything, but we both know that it is perfectly normal for each of us to have opinions and ideas that are different from one another.

Submitted By:

Elise

yukonm 12-08-2014 08:23 AM

December 8

Today's Thought:

Ask your wife and children if you need to quit. Ask your Mother or Father, or anyone else that loves you. You might be surprised how they view you and your 'success.'

Submitted By:

Ming

yukonm 12-09-2014 07:00 AM

December 9

Today's Thought:

This means that each day I have work to do. I can't declare myself cured and then go and live like I use to. I have decisions to make on a daily basis that sometimes I don't like, and I don't want to make them. But the fact remains that I have to.

Submitted By:

Stanette

yukonm 12-10-2014 07:25 AM

December 10

Today's Thought:

One night, it all changed. I just figuratively threw up my hands, thinking there has to more to this life than what I had at the time, and started my fourth step. I called my sponsor, and he said, "so you finally learned step three."

Submitted By:

Stanette

yukonm 12-11-2014 07:36 AM

December 11

Today's Thought:

I finally got tired of being terrorized by his fits of rage and acts of destruction and filed for divorce. I am not as scared at the idea of being able to manage financially on my own as I am by his tantrums and verbal abuse. And the first step was going to Al-Anon regularly!

Submitted By:

Dancer

yukonm 12-12-2014 07:23 AM

December 12

Today's Thought:

My 17-year=old son started using and I realized I was setting the same example for him that was set before me growing up in an alcoholic home. I wanted to help my boy. Little did I know that I had to help ME first.

Submitted By:

Deb

yukonm 12-13-2014 07:24 AM

December 13

Today's Thought:

There are a lot of people who will say that there isn't anything in the Big Book that says you have to have a sponsor. This is true. Sponsorship isn't actually part of the program of Alcoholics Anonymous, (other than the need to work with others) it's part of the fellowship. I believe a sponsor is a pretty necessary part of getting sober.

Submitted By:

Elise

yukonm 12-14-2014 07:37 AM

December 14

Today's Thought:

The "x" factor was there before I took my first drink! What manifests in me as as alcoholic is that I become someone else, I lie to impress others, I spend money I don't have and do awful things that I would never do without drinking.

Submitted By:

Sam

yukonm 12-15-2014 07:27 AM

December 15

Today's Thought:

Where does it say that you are powerless over people, places, and situations in the Big Book? You are powerless over alcohol. Period. That's it. When you don't drink it you are not powerless. Power has been restored as long as you you don't take the first drink.

Submitted By:

Eakspeak