Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2146)

bluidkiti 01-22-2014 11:17 AM

January 22

Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8

Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers. Proverbs 11:14

Matthew 5:9 - 9 God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God.

John 14:2 —

My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?

I find comfort in knowing there is a real place that has been created by God and prepared by Jesus for each of us, if we accept His invitation. An extraordinary place of astounding wonder. Greater than we can fully understand or imagine. A place called heaven. "Heavenly Father, thank You for creating heaven. A place where we will spend eternity with You and our loved ones who have accepted Your invitation of salvation. Help us live with a joyful heart and share the hope we have of eternal life with others. In Jesus’ beautiful name, Amen."

dwmoeller 01-23-2014 09:32 AM

Trust in the Lord:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do no depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take. - Proverbs 3: 5-6

bluidkiti 01-23-2014 10:25 AM

January 23

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others. Proverbs 12:15

Galatians 5:22 - 22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

dwmoeller 01-24-2014 08:20 AM

With humility comes wisdom. Proverbs 11:2

Thought: You will never be wise if you already know it all.

bluidkiti 01-24-2014 09:43 AM

January 24

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Galatians 6:1

Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success. Proverbs 15:22

Psalm 4:8 - 8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

bluidkiti 01-25-2014 11:14 AM

January 25

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. Philippians 4:8 NKJV

Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life. Proverbs 19:20

Romans 2:10 - 10 But there will be glory and honor and peace from God for all who do good—for the Jew first and also for the Gentile.

Psalm 18:1-2 — I love you, Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

bluidkiti 01-26-2014 11:33 AM

January 26

Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:10

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9

Proverbs 31:8-9 - 8 Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. 9 Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.

Romans 12:1-2 —

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God — this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is — his good, pleasing and perfect will.

A renewed mind begins with surrender to the Lord. Until you give Him full authority over your thoughts, you'll have no power to clear out the clutter that hinders you from living in the fullness of His will. But as you yield to Him and fill your mind with His Word, He'll transform your life.

bluidkiti 01-27-2014 10:41 AM

January 27

For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:12-13

Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, 'Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.' John 7:38

Psalm 37:28 - 28 For the Lord loves justice, and he will never abandon the godly. He will keep them safe forever, but the children of the wicked will die.

John 6:35 — Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

bluidkiti 01-28-2014 09:37 AM

January 28

God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:24

And he also said, "It is finished! I am the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End. To all who are thirsty I will give freely from the springs of the water of life." Revelation 21:6

Ephesians 3:20 - 20 Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.

John 10:27-29 — My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Jeremiah 1:6-8 —

"Alas, Sovereign Lord," I said, "I do not know how to speak; I am too young."
But the Lord said to me, "Do not say, 'I am too young.' You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the Lord.

Often people struggle with new challenges because they lack self-confidence, feeling that they have inadequate ability, training, or experience. Jeremiah thought he was "too young"-too inexperienced to be God's spokesman to the world. But God promised to be with him. We should not allow feelings of inadequacy to keep us from obeying God's call. He will always be with us. When you find yourself avoiding something you know you should do, be careful not to use lack of self-confidence as an excuse. If God gives you a job to do, he will provide all you need to do it.

bluidkiti 01-29-2014 10:47 AM

January 29

And He sat down, called the twelve, and said to them, “If anyone desires to be first, he shall be last of all and servant of all.” Mark 9:35

But those who drink the water I give will never be thirsty again. It becomes a fresh, bubbling spring within them, giving them eternal life. John 4:14

Matthew 19:26 - 26 Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But with God everything is possible.”

1 Timothy 1:17 — Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

You can rest today. You know the KING. He has it all under control. You can give him your 'to do' list. He holds all time in his hands. He is all-powerful and over all things. Enjoy each moment. The KING is on his throne.

bluidkiti 01-30-2014 09:30 AM

January 30

with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, Ephesians 4:2

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Ephesians 3:18

2 Corinthians 4:18 - 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

bluidkiti 01-31-2014 10:05 AM

January 31

For You, Lord, are good, and ready to forgive, And abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You. Psalm 86:5

With joy you will drink deeply from the fountain of salvation! Isaiah 12:3

Psalm 112:1 - 1 Praise the Lord! How joyful are those who fear the Lord and delight in obeying his commands.