Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflections - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6)

bluidkiti 08-04-2013 05:57 PM

Daily Reflections - August

August 4

A Time to Think: Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe. –Mitch Albom, author

To Act: Practice believing that as you pray you are receiving God's boundless blessings.

To Pray: Father, be present with us, our steady Guide, pointing out the way You want us to go.

bluidkiti 08-05-2013 09:34 AM

August 5

A Time to Think: Faith is for that which lies on the other side of reason. Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys. –Madeleine L'Engle, author

To Act: Learn the great art of doing the best you can with what you have where you are.

To Pray: Open my eyes, Father, to Your world filled with surprises.

bluidkiti 08-06-2013 12:23 PM

August 6

A Time to Think: I don't think that we're meant to understand it all the time. I think that sometimes we just have to have faith. –Nicholas Sparks, author

To Act: Surrender your life to God and every experience will grow increasingly more wonderful.

To Pray: Dear God, help me to live with a sense of wonder in all of life's experiences.

bluidkiti 08-07-2013 10:59 AM

August 7

A Time to Think: Go where your best prayers take you. –Frederick Buechner, writer

To Act: Think prosperity, abundance, the best of everything. God wants to give to you, His child, every good thing.

To Pray: Dear God, help me to recognize Your answers to my prayers.

bluidkiti 08-08-2013 10:41 AM

August 8

A Time to Think: Faith is belief in what you cannot see or prove or touch. Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. –Elizabeth Gilbert, author

To Act: Believe that Jesus Christ is with you, helping you now, and that through Him your life can be changed.

To Pray: Lord, help me to be a faithful steward of all the life that surrounds me.

bluidkiti 08-09-2013 10:26 AM

August 9

A Time to Think: By being calm we show that we trust in God. –Author Unknown

To Act: Practice calm. Deliberately build quiet times into your days.

To Pray: Lord, direct me towards peace.

bluidkiti 08-10-2013 11:23 AM

August 10

A Time to Think: Let God's promises shine on your problems. –Corrie ten Boom, author

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Thank You Lord, for being the light that leads me upward, closer to You.

bluidkiti 08-11-2013 11:09 AM

August 11

A Time to Think: Every morning I spend fifteen minutes filling my mind full of God; and so there's no room left for worry thoughts. –Howard Chandler Christy, artist

To Act: Remember your faith is the best answer to anxiety.

To Pray: Lord when I am full of fear and worry help me to take my eyes off of myself and to focus on You.

bluidkiti 08-12-2013 10:42 AM

August 12

A Time to Think: A faith to live by, a self to live with, and a purpose to live for. –Bob Harrington, author

To Act: Practice believing that as you pray you are receiving God's boundless blessings.

To Pray: Father, be present with us, our steady Guide, pointing out the way You want us to go.

mario 08-13-2013 03:17 AM

I would like to thank you for the variety of rich readings you provide. They are important part of my morning ritual which is vital in my recovery. They enrich my day. Many people, who are not in recovery from alcoholism or addiction would find them helpful too.

bluidkiti 08-13-2013 09:48 AM

August 13

A Time to Think: Every day is a fresh beginning. Every morn is the world made new. –Sarah Chauncey Woolsey, author

To Act: Don't underestimate your power to change yourself.

To Pray: God, I submit the struggles in my life to Your care.

bluidkiti 08-14-2013 12:34 PM

August 14

A Time to Think: I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver. –Maya Angelou, author

To Act: Extend your love, share a story, give someone a smile.

To Pray: You fill me with concern for others, Lord, and You give me strength to help them.

bluidkiti 08-15-2013 08:18 AM

August 15

A Time to Think: It is not the body’s posture, but the heart’s attitude that counts when we pray. –Reverend Billy Graham, author and evangelist

To Act: Fill your heart with strength and love for each other.

To Pray: You are awesome, God! Thank You for answering our prayers.

bluidkiti 08-16-2013 11:21 AM

August 16

A Time to Think: Every moment you get is a gift. Spend it on things that matter. Don’t spend it by dwelling on unhappy things. –Celestine Chua, life coach and blogger

To Act: Expect great things to happen.

To Pray: Lord, in all the times and places of my life, Your love never leaves me.

bluidkiti 08-17-2013 10:25 AM

August 17

A Time to Think: Joy is what happens when we allow ourselves to recognize how good things really are. –Marianne Williamson, author

To Act: Learn to think of opportunity instead of security.

To Pray: Help me to trust You in all things, Lord, and to leave the results to You.