Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - May (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3586)

bluidkiti 05-01-2014 07:16 AM

Bible Verse Of The Day - May

May 1

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

In him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. Colossians 2:3

Psalm 73:26 - 26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.

dwmoeller 05-02-2014 09:29 AM

My times is in Your hands. - Psalm 31:15

Thought: Don't sweat the small things, and leave the big things to God.

bluidkiti 05-02-2014 12:07 PM

May 2

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him. 1 John 5:14-15

For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:6

Matthew 8:2-3 - 2 Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him.3 “Lord,” the man said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.” Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.

Romans 12:19-21 —

Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. On the contrary:
"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head."
Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

bluidkiti 05-03-2014 01:19 PM

May 3

rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; Romans 12:12

Plans go wrong for lack of advice; many advisers bring success. Proverbs 15:22

1 Kings 8:28 - 28 Nevertheless, listen to my prayer and my plea, O Lord my God. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is making to you today.

bluidkiti 05-04-2014 10:56 AM

May 4

if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ Philippians 3:8

Job 11:13-14 - 13 If only you would prepare your heart and lift up your hands to him in prayer! 14 Get rid of your sins, and leave all iniquity behind you.

bluidkiti 05-05-2014 09:11 AM

May 5

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers. Proverbs 11:14

Psalm 9:17-18 - 17 The wicked will go down to the grave. This is the fate of all the nations who ignore God. 18 But the needy will not be ignored forever; the hopes of the poor will not always be crushed.

bluidkiti 05-06-2014 09:23 AM

May 6

Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much. James 5:16

What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen as his inheritance. Psalm 33:12

2 Timothy 3:16 - 16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.

dwmoeller 05-07-2014 09:28 AM

I am the Lord your God; who teaches you what is best for you. - Isaiah 48:17

Thought: God looks out for your best interests.

bluidkiti 05-07-2014 10:32 AM

May 7

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. 1 Timothy 2:1

Isaiah 32:6 - 6 For fools speak foolishness and make evil plans.They practice ungodliness and spread false teachings about the Lord.They deprive the hungry of food and give no water to the thirsty.

bluidkiti 05-08-2014 12:44 PM

May 8

Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone. Colossians 4:5-6

Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

2 Samuel 22:47 - 47 "The Lord lives! Praise to my Rock! May God, the Rock of my salvation, be exalted!"

dwmoeller 05-08-2014 03:04 PM

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who morn. - Romans 12:15

Thought: Share the mood. Make someone feel good.

bluidkiti 05-09-2014 09:58 AM

May 9

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Romans 8:1-2

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:11

John 8:32 - 32 "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

bluidkiti 05-10-2014 08:08 AM

May 10

“Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. Matthew 18:15

He sends peace across your nation and satisfies your hunger with the finest wheat. Psalm 147:14

Psalm 10:17 - 17 "You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry,"

bluidkiti 05-11-2014 11:49 AM

May 11

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king. 1 Peter 2:17

1 Chronicles 16:34-35 - 34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever.
35 Cry out, "Save us, O God of our salvation! Gather and rescue us from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you."

bluidkiti 05-12-2014 12:54 PM

May 12

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: Proverbs 31:10, 27-28

Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere. Ephesians 6:18

Psalm 9:9 -9 The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.