Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9678)

bluidkiti 10-01-2016 10:01 AM

Bible Verses - October

October 1

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

I appeal to you, dear brothers and sisters, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ, to live in harmony with each other. Let there be no divisions in the church. Rather, be of one mind, united in thought and purpose. - 1 Corinthians 1:10

Matthew 5:11-12 ““Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”

James 1:12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the LORD hath promised to them that love him.

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.

bluidkiti 10-02-2016 08:22 AM

October 2

1 Corinthians 1:10 I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. - Romans 12:12

Proverbs 29:25 “Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe.”

Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

2 John 1:6 And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. As you have heard from the beginning, his command is that you walk in love.

bluidkiti 10-03-2016 09:28 AM

October 3

1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

Jesus replied, "All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them." - John 14:23

We love because He first loved us. (1 John 4:19)

1 John 1:9 NIV If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

"As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me." Psalms 55:16

bluidkiti 10-04-2016 07:59 AM

October 4

Psalm 138:1 (NIV) I will praise You, O Lord, will all my heart...

Thought: There's something very freeing about giving God our praise.

Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear. - Matthew 24:35

1 John 4:7 NIV Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.

"The LORD reigneth; let the earth rejoice; let the multitude of isles be glad thereof." Psalms 97:1

bluidkiti 10-05-2016 09:05 AM

October 5

Psalm 149:3 (NIV) Let them praise His name with dancing and make music to Him with tambourine and harp.

Thought: God wants us to express ourselves when we worship.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. — Hebrews 12:2

Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.”

1 John 4:9 NIV This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.

"For thou, LORD, art high above all the earth: thou art exalted far above all gods." Psalms 97:9

bluidkiti 10-06-2016 09:11 AM

October 6

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 11:28, KJV "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

May the Lord lead your hearts into a full understanding and expression of the love of God and the patient endurance that comes from Christ. - 2 Thessalonians 3:5

Isaiah 26:4 “Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.”

The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love. Psalm 103:8

bluidkiti 10-07-2016 07:36 AM

October 7

Romans 5:8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Psalm 16:11, ESV "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."

And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. Matthew 6:12

dwmoeller 10-07-2016 08:24 AM

"Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow." - Isaiah 1:18

Thought: Though colored red in sin, I am covered pure white by God's grace!

bluidkiti 10-08-2016 10:45 AM

October 8

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2 (KJV)

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.

Psalm 107:1, ESV "Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"

Trust in the LORD always, for the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock. - Isaiah 26:4

Isaiah 43:11-12 I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.

Psalm 62:1 NIV My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. Colossians 3:2

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV) - For we live by faith, not by sight.

bluidkiti 10-09-2016 11:07 AM

October 9

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

1 Thess 1:2, ASV "We give thanks to God always for you… making mention of you in our prayers;"

Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him! - Psalm 34:8

Deuteronomy 13:4 It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man. — Psalm 118:8

John 3:16 NIV "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. Psalm 105:4

bluidkiti 10-10-2016 07:20 AM

October 10

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

Jeremiah 18:19 (NIV) Listen to me, O Lord; hear what my accusers are saying!

Thought: God knows. He's the one who makes things right.

I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. - Psalm 16:8

But the LORD is the true God; he is the living God, the eternal King... —Jeremiah 10:10

Proverbs 19:20-21 Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.

I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. John 14:18

John 15:5 (NIV) - “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

1 Peter 4:10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.

bluidkiti 10-11-2016 09:20 AM

October 11

Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

"Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defense; I shall not be greatly moved." Psalms 62:1 (KJV)

For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. Matthew 6:14

Hebrews 13:21, NLT "May he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen."

All who declare that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. - 1 John 4:15

Psalm 62:1 Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him.

"My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you." John 15:12

I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. —John 10:11

1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV) - Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

bluidkiti 10-12-2016 07:37 AM

October 12

Ephesians 2:8-9 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith — and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God — 9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Corinthians 12:9

A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. - Ephesians 6:10

Sow for yourselves righteousness, reap the fruit of unfailing love, and break up your unplowed ground; for it is time to seek the LORD, until he comes and showers righteousness on you. —Hosea 10:12

bluidkiti 10-13-2016 06:40 AM

October 13

For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4

Deuteronomy 10:19, NLT "So you, too, must show love to foreigners, for you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt."

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Today’s Scripture: James 3:2-5 (NLT): Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

We can make a large horse go wherever we want by means of a small bit in its mouth. And a small rudder makes a huge ship turn wherever the pilot chooses to go, even though the winds are strong. In the same way, the tongue is a small thing that makes grand speeches.

But a tiny spark can set a great forest on fire.

Today’s Thought: The tongue is so small but yet a very powerful body part. We must try to use it to build each other up instead of tear each other apart.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that only wholesome words come out of my mouth today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it. —1 Corinthians 10:13

bluidkiti 10-14-2016 07:16 AM

October 14

Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:2

Galatians 2:10 All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth." Matthew 28:18

In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. Romans 8:26

1 Thess 5:16-18, NIV "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus"

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. - Psalm 73:26

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it. Deuteronomy 10:14

2 Samuel 22:29 You, LORD, are my lamp; the LORD turns my darkness into light.