Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Check In (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Introduce Yourself (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532)

jy826 01-18-2022 12:29 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Jennifer, and I am an alcoholic in the Los Angeles area :) Glad to be here!

dwmoeller 01-19-2022 11:12 AM

Hi Jennifer. Welcome from North Dakota! I am Dave and I am an alcoholic.

bluidkiti 01-20-2022 10:20 AM

Hi Jennifer, :17: It is so great hearing from you. I hope you will continue to come and share with us here. Have a great day! :42:

thinojosa 02-03-2022 10:51 AM

Introduction

Hi I'm Tony glad to be here! :170::162:https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/images/smilies/170.gif

bluidkiti 02-03-2022 04:11 PM

Hi Tony. :17: Glad to have you join us. Have a great day! :)

trejorey 02-06-2022 03:51 AM

Hi, I'm Jaime a recovering alcoholic.

bluidkiti 02-06-2022 05:00 AM

Hi Jaime, :17: It is great having you join us here. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great day! :)

john w. 04-09-2022 11:55 AM

A Saint Patrick’s Day To Remember aka Hello from John W.

Being of the rotary dial crowd as a kid growing up, using some websites has been a challenge. This one is new to me. Thus the easiest way to introduce myself is by a piece I wrote for our local recovery newsletter, it's called: 'A Saint Patrick’s Day To Remember' and goes like this:

"For over thirty-five years nearly daily drinking had not convinced me I had a problem with alcohol. Neither had two DUIs or the six-month separation from my soon-to-be [although I did not then know it] ex-wife in the summer of the past year. Although I had grudgingly started attending AA meetings in the winter, I clearly didn’t 'get it,' for I was hung over at every 7 a.m. meeting for months.

First, Christmas would be the day I stopped for good, then my eldest’s birthday, New Years Eve, then the first day of the new year, the anniversary of my father’s death, my birthday, and even Valentine’s Day was a target, but each target was missed. So on March 8th, when my deceased father’s birthday arrived and my ex said she had finally had enough, no looking back, she was filing for divorce forthwith, you would have thought that would have caused me to stop--you would have been wrong.

As I whined about my misfortune, hung over again, the next day at 7 a.m., something different happened. While sympathy was offered by several, one guy just looked me in the eye and said: 'I can’t say enough about the not-drinking part of this program!'

I don’t know how it happened, because I didn’t stop that day or even the next, but I did find myself in my favorite bar on my favorite day, St. Patty’s Day, not long thereafter. I had my newest favorite drink, soda with a splash of OJ, not once but twice and was heading back to the house, no longer my “home”, when it hit me.

I realized that for the first time in as long as I could remember, not only had I not had a drink yet that day, I had not even thought about having a drink that day, I had not even wanted a drink that day. I began to cry. . . . just as I am now as I remember the instant of that moment after many intervening sober days.

At my 7 a.m. meeting the next morning I reported in (for the first time over the previous two weeks I had actually been telling the truth about being a newcomer, I had lied about it for the first three months), that I hadn’t had a drink the day before. My 'mentor,' a lovely woman with sixteen years at the time who was to die of cancer, sober, before her seventeenth birthday, gave me a Big Hug and said that St. Patrick’s Day was a great sobriety birthday, so I had to be sure not to drink in the day ahead.

Not realizing how I was tempting fate, and being a creature of habit, I returned that day again to my favorite watering hole. Again it was soda with a splash of OJ, then on to the house from which I was soon to be 'kicked out' by the court. While driving home that next day, I was again struck by the fact that I had not thought of or wanted a drink that day, two consecutive days, that was a World Record or at least a Personal Best.

Not long thereafter I got a sponsor and starting working the steps. The family broke up, the divorce happened, the three children were alienated and did not want to be with their dad, the job got worse and my world seemed to implode around me, but I didn’t drink.

And time began to pass for me, as it does for all of us, in the wonderful way time passes in my 12 Step program, One Day At A Time.

As the days without drinking slowly turned into months and then years without drinking, marvelous things began to happen to me. The children started to want to be with their dad again, not in the same way or all at once, but to be with him none the less. A new relationship with a woman in AA, herself with double-digit sobriety blossomed into my life. Other problems persisted or resolved, but I had found a way to get through them without drinking, at least for that day.

Too many St. Patrick’s Days past were forgotten due to blackouts or the manner in which I had comported myself during them, but the one which appears on my license plate, 3 17 05, daily recalls to me A St. Patrick’s Day To Remember."

That's my story and I am sticking to it.

I am John W. and I am an alcoholic.

janbear 04-09-2022 07:42 PM

:17: Hi John and Welcome. Thanks for sharing. I am Jan and I am a alcoholic/addict. My date is August 4,2018 and I am grateful for that. I am also from the same crowd as you and I don't claim to be computer literate. Have a great evening

bluidkiti 04-10-2022 06:25 AM

Hey John, :17: It is great seeing you here. Thank you so very much for sharing your story. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great day! :)

john w. 04-15-2022 01:07 PM

My Story, What Happened, What it's like now

For over thirty-five years nearly daily drinking had not convinced me I had a problem with alcohol. Neither had two DUIs or the six-month separation from my soon-to-be [although I did not then know it] ex-wife in the summer of the past year. Although I had grudgingly started attending AA meetings in the winter, I clearly didn’t “get it”, for I was hung over at every 7 a.m. meeting for months.

First, Christmas would be the day I stopped for good, then my eldest’s birthday, New Years Eve, then the first day of the new year, the anniversary of my father’s death, my birthday, and even Valentine’s Day was a target, but each target was missed. So on March 8th, when my deceased father’s birthday arrived and my ex said she had finally had enough, no looking back, she was filing for divorce forthwith, you would have thought that would have caused me to stop--you would have been wrong.

As I whined about my misfortune, hung over again, the next day at 7 a.m., something different happened. While sympathy was offered by several, one guy just looked me in the eye and said: “I can’t say enough about the not-drinking part of this program!”

I don’t know how it happened, because I didn’t stop that day or even the next, but I did find myself in my favorite bar on my favorite day, St. Patty’s Day, not long thereafter. I had my newest favorite drink, soda with a splash of OJ, not once but twice and was heading back to the house, no longer my “home”, when it hit me.

I realized that for the first time in as long as I could remember, not only had I not had a drink yet that day, I had not even thought about having a drink that day, I had not even wanted a drink that day. I began to cry. . . . just as I am now as I remember the instant of that moment after many intervening sober days.

At my 7 a.m. meeting the next morning I reported in (for the first time over the previous two weeks I had actually been telling the truth about being a newcomer, I had lied about it for the first three months), that I hadn’t had a drink the day before. My “mentor”, a lovely woman with sixteen years at the time who was to die of cancer, sober, before her seventeenth birthday, gave me a Big Hug and said that St. Patrick’s Day was a great sobriety birthday, so I had to be sure not to drink in the day ahead.

Not realizing how I was tempting fate, and being a creature of habit, I returned that day again to my favorite watering hole. Again it was soda with a splash of OJ, then on to the house from which I was soon to be “kicked out” by the court. While driving home that next day, I was again struck by the fact that I had not thought of or wanted a drink that day, two consecutive days, that was a World Record or at least a Personal Best.

Not long thereafter I got a sponsor and starting working the steps. The family broke up, the divorce happened, the three children were alienated and did not want to be with their dad, the job got worse and my world seemed to implode around me, but I didn’t drink.

And time began to pass for me, as it does for all of us, in the wonderful way time passes in this program, One Day At A Time.

As the days without drinking slowly turned into months and then years without drinking, marvelous things began to happen to me. The children started to want to be with their dad again, not in the same way or all at once, but to be with him none the less. A new relationship with a woman in AA, herself with double-digit sobriety blossomed into my life. Other problems persisted or resolved, but I had found a way to get through them without drinking, at least for that day.

Too many St. Patrick’s Days past were forgotten due to blackouts or the manner in which I had comported myself during them, but the one which appears on my license plate, 3 17 05, daily recalls to me A St. Patrick’s Day To Remember.
John W.

EOHic 06-25-2022 05:45 AM

I'm never sure how these things work, but here goes:

I'm Todd and an alcoholic. My sobriety date is 8-24-2012. My first meeting was in August of 1988. I went to weekly meetings for 24 years and drank every 6 months or so. I didn't get sober until I had the willingness to work the steps.

bluidkiti 06-25-2022 05:51 AM

Hi Todd, :17: I am very glad to have you join us here. Congratulations on your sober time! :85: I hope you will continue to come and share with us here. Have a great day! :)

janbear 06-25-2022 10:48 AM

Hi Todd. Glad you are here. Make yourself at home. :1:

suerob49 07-28-2022 12:07 PM

Checking in

Hi everyone
My name is Sue and I'm an alcoholic.
I hope everyone is having a great day
:)

bluidkiti 07-28-2022 01:07 PM

Hey Sue, :17: It is great having you join us here. I look forward to hearing more from you. Please keep coming and sharing with us. Have a great day! :42:

Leprechaun2016# 07-28-2022 11:35 PM

Hi I'm Mike better known as the Little Leprechaun on steroids. I am an alcoholic. You got to love Texas...it's Big and it's Hot!

bluidkiti 07-28-2022 11:58 PM

Hi Mike, :17: It is great to hear from you. I hope you will continue to come and share with us.

dbinrecovery 07-30-2022 03:30 AM

Hi

Hi, my name is Danny and I am an alcoholic, addict.

Going to be based in the Manchester area in the UK.

I found this forum whilst searching for the daily contemplation, and was hoping there was an email list that sends this out each day?

No worries if not, appreciate the resource.

Keep coming back!

bluidkiti 07-30-2022 04:44 AM

Hi Danny, :17: I am glad to have you join us. We have readings here https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2 , https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3 , and https://www.recoveryreadings.com/ . It is great hearing from you. Please keep coming and sharing with us. Have a great day! :)

April anonymous 08-05-2022 10:25 AM

So glad to be part of!

bluidkiti 08-06-2022 02:54 AM

Hi April, :17: It is great having you join us here. I hope to hear more from you. Have a great day! :42:

janbear 08-12-2022 04:54 AM

Hi April. Make yourself at home

SoberDude 09-01-2022 10:07 PM

Howdy

Hey gang. My name is Allen and I'm an alcoholic and drug addict. I am 53 yrs old and live in NC. After 40 years of drinking and drugging, I am celebrating 7 months of recovery today. I thoroughly enjoy the readings and spiritual meditations that I have found here. Thanks for having me.

bluidkiti 09-02-2022 05:42 AM

Hi Allen, :17: I am glad to have you join us here. Congratulations on your sober time! I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great day! :)

xalxor 12-28-2022 12:02 AM

Hello Everybody, I am Rajiv, a grateful Alcoholic from India. I am glad it found this website. Thank you

bluidkiti 12-28-2022 07:44 AM

Hi Rajiv, :17: I am so very glad to have you join us here. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great day! :)

yukonm 12-30-2022 07:55 AM

Welcome Rajiv

Glad you're here. I look forward to learning more about you!!

Nicola 04-06-2023 06:54 AM

Good morning

I am new to this forum and just wanted to say hello and thank you

bluidkiti 04-06-2023 10:12 AM

Hi Nicola, :17: I am so glad to have you join us. I look forward to getting to know you better. Please keep coming and sharing with us. Have a great day! :)

janbear 04-14-2023 10:12 PM

Good evening and Welcome Nicola. Glad you stopped by. Please keep coming back.:17:

BryantC 04-15-2023 02:08 PM

It’s a Beautiful Day

Hello everyone,

My name is Bryant from South Florida

3.22.13 is when my new life began!

O.D.A.A.T:D:D:D

yukonm 04-16-2023 12:45 PM

Welcome to our family, BryantC!!

bluidkiti 04-17-2023 01:28 AM

Hi Bryant, :17: Glad to have you join us. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great day! :)

Stephanie9 03-22-2024 10:48 AM

Hi everyone! I'm Stephanie and I'm in recovery from alcohol and fentanyl. My sobriety date is 06/05/23. I wish you all the best! :D

yukonm 04-06-2024 08:26 AM

Hi Stephanie

So sorry I'm just seeing your post. Welcome to our family...congrats on your sobriety. Please join us in the Daily Check In thread so we can get to know you :D

https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

bluidkiti 04-06-2024 08:29 AM

Hi Stephanie, :17: So great to hear from you. I hope you will continue to come and share with us. Have a great day! :D

TommyK 05-12-2024 08:11 PM

Hi all, I'm Tommy K a new member checking in. Thanks!

bluidkiti 05-13-2024 06:54 AM

Hi Tommy, :17: It is great to have you join us here. Please keep coming and sharing with us. Have a great day! :D