Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - January (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2144)

bluidkiti 01-01-2014 09:18 AM

Daily Reflection - January

January 1

A Time to Think: We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day. –Edith Lovejoy Pierce, poet

To Act: Make it a point to start each day of this New Year with a prayer.

To Pray: Bestower of blessing, throughout the new year, show me Yourself in ways I least expect.

bluidkiti 01-02-2014 09:22 AM

January 2

A Time to Think: This bright new year is given me, to live each day with zest, to daily grow and try to be my highest and my best! –William Arthur Ward, author

To Act: Always be ready to learn and grow.

To Pray: This year, Lord, help me to know what my treasure truly is.

bluidkiti 01-03-2014 07:37 AM

January 3

A Time to Think: Eight thousand, seven hundred and sixty marvelous hours are waiting for you this year. My prayer is that each one will bring you closer to God. –Norman Vincent Peale, pastor and author

To Act: Give everything to God and He will give you everything, too!

To Pray: Lord, help me to understand that I can be joyful at all times and in all situations because I am Your child and You are my God.

bluidkiti 01-04-2014 09:49 AM

January 4

A Time to Think: Be willing to give yourself, and there will be new life for you in this New Year and in every year. –Norman Vincent Peale, author and pastor

To Act: Give your joy to others and it will come back to you.

To Pray: Spirit of Love, I ask to wake each day of this year with fresh eyes, that I may see Your light shining through all my loved ones.

bluidkiti 01-05-2014 08:12 AM

January 5

A Time to Think: Enjoy the blessings of a new year, in Christ, one day at a time! –Debbie Carroccio, writer

To Act: Pray and release your worries.

To Pray: Father, each day in this new year, please help me remember that You are in control of everything.

bluidkiti 01-06-2014 07:13 AM

January 6

A Time to Think: The New Year is a time to learn to rely more heavily on the grace of God. –Author Unknown

To Act: Open yourself to the blessings that come when we let God surprise us.

To Pray: Lord, I don’t know what this new year will bring, but You do. Awaken me to Your possibilities, one day at a time.

bluidkiti 01-07-2014 09:07 AM

January 7

A Time to Think: You can tell the size of your God by looking at the size of your worry list. The longer your list, the smaller your God. –Author Unknown

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Remind me, Lord, to give my worries to You and to trust You when I do.

bluidkiti 01-08-2014 09:49 AM

January 8

A Time to Think: Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. –Corrie ten Boom, author

To Act: Trust that things will be fine.

To Pray: Lord, Your love and protection is the one true thing that I can always count on.

bluidkiti 01-09-2014 07:43 AM

January 9

A Time to Think: The impulse of love that leads us to the doorway of a friend is the voice of God within and we need not be afraid to follow it. –Agnes Sanford, author

To Act: Heal a wounded heart. What friendship do you need to mend?

To Pray: Lord, thank You for guiding me to happiness and friendship.

bluidkiti 01-10-2014 10:25 AM

January 10

A Time to Think: Faith expects from God what is beyond all expectation. –Andrew Murray, writer and pastor

To Act: Face every situation with faith in your heart.

To Pray: Lord, all things are possible if we believe. Thank you for loving us enough to send what we need.

bluidkiti 01-12-2014 10:08 AM

January 11

A Time to Think: Positive thinking is how you think about a problem. Enthusiasm is how you feel about a problem. The two together determine what you do about a problem. –Norman Vincent Peale, author and pastor

A Time to Act: Change your thoughts and change your life.

A Time to Pray: Father, a positive attitude is one of the greatest spiritual gifts. Help me to remember: Praise! Praise! Praise!

bluidkiti 01-12-2014 10:08 AM

January 12

A Time to Think: Darkness cannot put out the Light. It can only make God brighter. –Author Unknown

To Act: View your problems with a spiritual perspective.

To Pray: Thank you, Lord, for the tremendous difference You make in our lives.

bluidkiti 01-13-2014 10:09 AM

January 13

A Time to Think: God enters by a private door into each individual. –Ralph Waldo Emerson, philosopher and poet

To Act: Cultivate the conviction that you are not alone, that God is with you.

To Pray: Lord, You have redeemed me and claimed me and given me a strength that is not my own.

bluidkiti 01-14-2014 08:18 AM

January 14

A Time to Think: Weave in faith and God will find the thread. –Proverb

To Act: Believe in the sun even when it's not shining.

To Pray: Lord, teach me to trust You to lead a path through the darkness.

bluidkiti 01-15-2014 09:34 AM

January 15

A Time to Think: A chief cause of worry and unhappiness in life is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment. –Maralee McKee, author

To Act: Pray and release your worries.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to remember Your peace is in my reach, no matter what circumstances I face.