Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - February (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618)

bluidkiti 02-01-2014 09:07 AM

Daily Reflection - February

February 1

A Time to Think: Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness. –H. Jackson Brown, Jr., author

To Act: Pray about what you want. Ask God if it is the right thing for you.

To Pray: Dear Lord, one of your most precious gifts is forgiveness. How I thank You for that!

bluidkiti 02-02-2014 11:16 AM

February 2

A Time to Think: Thank you, God, for this good life and forgive us if we do not love it enough. –Garrison Keillor, author and radio personality

To Act: Be willing to take lovingly each small gift of life.

To Pray: God, thank You for the moments that wake me up to this perfectly beautiful world.

bluidkiti 02-03-2014 08:40 AM

February 3

A Time to Think: The only difference between stumbling blocks and stepping stones is the way in which we use them. –Anonymous

To Act: Place your hope and purpose completely in God's hands.

To Pray: God just for one day let me see only the good. Give me the eyes of faith, the heart of hope.

bluidkiti 02-04-2014 09:37 AM

February 4

A Time to Think: Oh what peace we often forfeit, oh what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer. –Joseph Scriven from the hymn What a Friend We Have in Jesus

To Act: Do your best and leave the rest to God.

To Pray: Lord God, help me carry the blessings of prayer into my family's future.

bluidkiti 02-05-2014 11:40 AM

February 5

A Time to Think: The greatest achievements were at first and for a time dreams. The oak sleeps in the acorn. –James Allen, author

To Act: Put aside your fear of failure and replace it with effort towards your goals.

To Pray: Lord, keep my eyes on You today and not on my fears.

bluidkiti 02-06-2014 09:52 AM

February 6

A Time to Think: He who has learned to pray has learned the greatest secret of a holy and happy life. –William Law, British theological writer

To Act: Turn to God's word to live your best life.

To Pray: Lord, show me how I might live up to Your expectations.

bluidkiti 02-07-2014 11:03 AM

February 7

A Time to Think: Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day. –Sally Koch, author

To Act: Blossom into the best that you can be.

To Pray: Lord, give me the determination to reach goals I didn't know I had.

bluidkiti 02-08-2014 10:21 AM

February 8

A Time to Think: Good morning, Lord! What are You up to today? Can I be a part of it? Thank You. Amen. –Norman Grubb, missionary, writer and teacher

To Act: Concentrate on now and your dreams will become your future.

To Pray: Father, in every moment of every day, a choice waits. Help me to always choose the good.

bluidkiti 02-09-2014 12:06 PM

February 9

A Time to Think: To know God's will, say "I will" to God. –Author Unknown

To Act: Start another day just right, with a new hope.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, please help me face each day with grace and appreciation for the blessings of Your love.

bluidkiti 02-10-2014 10:29 AM

February 10

A Time to Think: Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet? –L.M. Montgomery, author of Anne of Green Gables

To Act: Look for an opportunity to make a positive difference.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, keep my spirit open today to the power of Your guidance and strength.

bluidkiti 02-11-2014 10:55 AM

February 11

A Time to Think: In the end, nothing we do or say in this lifetime will matter as much as the way we have loved one another. –Daphne Rose Kingma, author

To Act: Share with others how important they are to you.

To Pray: Lord, thank You for all You have done for me. Help me to share Your spirit with others.

bluidkiti 02-12-2014 11:47 AM

February 12

A Time to Think: Worry is a thin stream of fear that trickles through the mind, which, if encouraged, will cut a channel so wide that all other thoughts will be drained out. –Author Unknown

To Act: Learn to think calmly and confidently, no matter what comes your way.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to remember Your peace is in my reach, no matter what circumstances I face.

bluidkiti 02-13-2014 12:18 PM

February 13

A Time to Think: It is such comfort to drop the tangles of life into God's hands and leave them there. –Anonymous

To Act: Put God first in your life.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to remember I can always depend on You.

bluidkiti 02-14-2014 11:20 AM

February 14

A Time to Think: Open your hearts to the love God instills . . . God loves you tenderly. What He gives you is not to be kept under lock and key, but to be shared. –Mother Teresa

To Act: Reach out and help someone by sharing your love and time.

To Pray: On this Valentine's Day, as we share tokens of affection from our hearts with those we love, we remember that You are the lover of our soul.

bluidkiti 02-15-2014 10:10 AM

February 15

A Time to Think: Were there no God, we would be in this glorious world with grateful hearts and no one to thank. –Christina Rossetti, poet

To Act: Approach today with a grateful heart.

To Pray: Lord, let my life reflect Your wonderful qualities, portrayed in Your creation all around us.