Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Check In (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New to this and checking in. (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8274)

SoberRed 02-01-2016 08:18 PM

New to this and checking in.

It's been 7 weeks since I left the treatment center that helped me get sober. Today I am 4 months and 14 days clean. I'm so lonely it worries me. I left earlier than my counselor thought I should and sometimes I feel he was right. I know that feeling lonely was a key contributor to my drinking but I wanted my life back. I wanted to test the sober waters. I unfortunately have not carried through in anything I need in order to stay sober. I haven't met with my sponsor, I haven't gone to one meeting and I haven't looked at the big book in 7 weeks. I have such an issue going out and meeting others. I remain in my cacoon and hide.
I need friends.

MajestyJo 02-02-2016 01:08 AM

Welcome SoberRed, thank you for signing in and saying hello. Sounds like you need to pray for the willingness to be willing to do what ever it takes to maintain your sobriety.

If I was your sponsor, I would have been on the phone talking to you. Personally, I went to two meetings a day for two years, and when I got a ride, I went to three to a couple of late meetings that started at 10:30 p.m.

Going to meetings helped with that loneliness, and the best way to get out of the old Self is to go to meetings and share in recovery. That is why I come to this site even though I have several 24 Hours, it is a one day at a time program. I still need other people, but you just can't beat the energy of meeting with people face to face.

I can send you a hug, but it just isn't the same. :42:

There is help here, lots of recovery material plus the daily readings. No matter what your drug of choice was, the 12 Steps are applicable to all areas of our life. Substitution doesn't work! I tried and it kept me sick for another 8 years before I found recovery. Keep coming so you don't have to come back.

bluidkiti 02-04-2016 10:10 AM

Hey SoberRed, Glad to have you join us. There is nothing like today to start taking action and go out to a meeting. Try it and if you don't like it you don't have to go anymore. But who knows, you might like it. There are people at the meetings who have been where you are and understand. Keep taking it one day at a time and keep coming and sharing with us. We are here for you. :42:

jmphh 06-01-2016 10:48 PM

I stil feel lonely

Red,

I still have some days when I feel sorry for myself, feel lonely or feel like "no one cares...if I left and went away no one would miss me". The feeling always passes......know that you are NEVER alone and that there are millions of people in recovery who feel the same way you do...that is my disease talking to me, wanting me to isolate and "handle it my own way". When I go to a meeting, even if I don't share, I always feel better because just being a room ful of recovering alchoholics shows me I'm NOT alone. Hang in there!!! Talking to others and getting out of your head always helps. When I first got sober I also got a journal and wrote down all my feelings and thoughts. Just getting it out on paper was therapeutic for me.

Jan:)