Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Prayers and Prayer Requests (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Daily Prayers - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1011)

bluidkiti 09-30-2013 08:58 AM

Daily Prayers - October

October 1

Prayer to Change to Better Serve God

Holy God, I believe that you will change people and many things, if asked and if it is your will. Change me Lord, if it is your will, for I would lead a better life. Touch me, I pray, great God whose touch transforms. Reach out your mighty hand to me, and to all who seek you in the name of your Son. Heal us, transform us, and make us whole; reach out your mighty hand to lift us up to serve you; touch me and all of us this very day, O Lord, that our own hands may bring your hope and healing to this broken world. Amen.

Prayer for Grace and Strength

Lord God, I pray that you will fill my heart with the blessing of your Holy Spirit. Grant me this day the strength to be temperate in all things, diligent in my duties, and patient under my afflictions. Direct me in all my ways. Give me grace to be just and upright in all my dealings; quiet and peaceable; full of compassion; and ready to do good to all people, according to my abilities and opportunities. For the sake of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.

“A Prayer For Living Water”

Father, we know that drinking fresh water is essential to our health, and without it we battle bodily disease and struggle to survive. Drinking from the springs of living water is essential to our spirit as we battle sin diseases of pride, jealousy, rage, bitterness, lying and so many other carnal attitudes that can result in spiritual death. As we drink from the springs of living water we flush out those carnal diseases that would seek to destroy us. Scripture assures us that we will be fully alive in Your Spirit as we drink regularly from Your life giving streams of living water. Amen.

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer...Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Romans 12:12,15, NIV

Lord our God, we thank you for your gospel, the great, good tidings we may carry in our hearts to give us joy in this present time, even though on all sides people are in anguish and agony. We thank you that your gospel fills our hearts with compassion, enabling us to help carry what many have to suffer. Show us our need of you so that we can receive your help. If we must be the first to suffer all kinds of pain and distress, may we do so joyfully because we have been promised blessing in the midst of all the pain. May we continually honor your name, praising you for the good news of your kingdom, for the promise that everything must work together for good through Jesus Christ the Savior. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day and every day you give me. I have so much to do today I feel I can hardly breath. Please help me get through the day feeling as though I did something good.

bluidkiti 10-01-2013 09:34 AM

October 2

Prayer of St. Ephraim the Syrian (350 A.D.)

O Lord and Master of my life, this day, give me not the spirit of laziness, despair, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of sobriety, humility, patience and love to Thy servant.

Yea, O Lord and King, grant me to see my own transgressions and not to judge my brother, for blessed art Thou unto ages of ages. Amen.

Thank You Lord

Sometimes I stop and wonder why you're still here; Or what is good about me, and why you even care.

You're always there with me to help me out each day; Even though I seldom listen to the words you have to say.

The things I always pray for, I know they will come true; My joy and peace you give me when each day is new.

You continue to forgive me for all that I have done; When nights are filled with sorrow, the day will bring the sun.

In days full of trouble, and friends won't say hi; I know you will be there with me to take me if I die.

For who am I to deserve the grace you have shown; Thank you Lord for keeping me, when life for me was cold. Amen. by Gary R. Ferris

Lord, support me all the day long of this troublous life, until the shadows lengthen and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and my work is done. Then of Thy mercy, grant me a safe lodging, and a holy rest and a peace at last through Jesus Christ, our Lord. Amen.

My Father, I pray that when the "sun sets today my hope may not set with it." Be with me earlier than the dawn, that I may plan with thee a new day. I pray that thou wilt release me from anything that keeps me from reaching the highest. Amen.

We thank thee, Lord... For all the rich autumnal glories spread - The flaming pageant of the ripening woods, The fiery gorse, the heather-purpled hills, The rustling leaves that fly before the wind and lie below the hedgerows whispering; For meadows silver-white with hoary dew... We thank thee, Lord.

Light that Burns Away Sin

Hebrews 12:29

Dear Father, who dwells in indescribable light,

Living God, consuming fire, burn the sin from my life. Purify my heart's desire in the smelter of your holiness.

I want to do your will, Father, so that whatever I do, in word or deed, it will be done in the name of the Lord Jesus.

I give thanks to you, God, my Father, always for everything.

In Jesus' name. Amen.

In you, Lord, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me. Psalm 31:1–2, NIV

Lord our God, give us your Spirit, we beseech you, that we may find your paths on earth and live in the hope and certainty that everything is in your hands, even when we see much that is unjust and evil. May we remain under your protection, living by your commandments and in your Spirit. For your Spirit witnesses to the truth and longs to change and lift up our lives. Your Spirit longs to reach all men who have felt your touch, longs that they may come to you and have life. Amen.

Dear Father, my heart is full of sadness. Please grant me peace so I can fill my heart full of joy once more.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your faithfulness to me.Lord, I have failed You many times in my life; however, You have never failed me. I am grateful for Your love and mercy to me when I have fallen down. I appreciate all the times You have picked me up and helped me to keep on walking on the straight and narrow path of Your will. Lord, strengthen me to be a faithful witness for You. Help me not to put my confidence in men, but rather to lean on You and trust You to help me. I am thankful You have used many people over the years to help me, but I know it was You who gave me favor with them. Thank you. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Go Thou With Us
Gracious God,
Send us anywhere in this world You would have us go
Only go thou with us.
Place upons us any burden You desire
Only stand by us to sustain us.
Break any tie that binds us
Except the tie that binds us to thee.
Amen.

bluidkiti 10-02-2013 09:51 AM

October 3

Prayer for the Morning

Oh God, who has created all things, seen and unseen, this day is your creation and I give thanks to live in it. I pray that I will not shut you out of the day you have made, blinded by the petty concerns of life, but that I may be always open to your presence.

I open my body to you and give thanks for your life that fills and warms every cell of it.

I open my eyes and ears to you and give thanks for the light of your Word, without which I would live in the shadow of ignorance.

I open my heart to you and give thanks for your love that fills me with compassion, understanding, and peace.

I open my soul to you and give thanks for your Spirit, who fills me with wisdom when I take a moment to listen.

All that I am, I open to you and I return to you, giving thanks every moment of my life for the blessings that fill this day. Through Christ I pray. Amen.

Now, oh Lord, I pray that you may lift up the light of your countenance upon me, and give me peace; in my going out and in my coming in; in my sitting down and my rising up; in my work and in my play; in my joy and in my sorrow, in my laughter and in my tears; until that day comes which is without dawn and without dark. Amen.

Creator God, we thank you for the creative skills of all human beings, made as we are in your image and likeness. Inspire us to use our skills for the benefit of all our brothers and sisters - working not in competition with others but as “fellow-travelers” who share the same journey. Amen.

All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:18–19, NIV

Lord our God, our Father in heaven, we come to you as your children. Bless us, we pray. Bless us especially in days when fear tries to take hold of us. Let your help come down to us as you have promised, the great help in Jesus Christ, who shall come to redeem the whole world. Bless us through your Word. Renew us again and again to stand firm and true to you, for you are our help for redemption and reconciliation through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear Lord, I am facing troubling times. Please give me the wisdom to do the right thing.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your wonderful promise of peace and comfort when I need it. You have lifted sorrow from me many times in my life. I am truly grateful, as I would not have been able to bear it without the strength and comfort of the Holy Spirit. May I be sensitive to those who are hurting, and reach out and bring that same comfort to them. I am thankful that we shall see all of our loved ones in Christ once again, when we all get to heaven. How wonderful it is to have the hope that is ours as Your children. Blessed be Your name! I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-03-2013 10:26 AM

October 4

For God’s Holy Church

Father of mercy, your love embraces everyone, and through the Resurrection of your Son you call me and all the members of your church into your wonderful light. Dispel our darkness and make us a people with one heart and one voice, forever singing your praise, in Jesus, the Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Blessing of Mark

O Sovereign and almighty Lord, bless all your people, and all your flock. Give your peace, your help, and your love unto us your servants, the sheep of your fold, that we may be united in the bond of peace and love, one body and one spirit, in one hope of our calling, in your divine and boundless love. Amen. From the Liturgy of Mark, 2d Century A.D.

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace: where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console; to be understood, as to understand; to be loved, as to love. For it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen

No Fear in Christ

Hebrews 13:6-8

Dear Father,

Help me say with confidence: The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?

I remember those who led me to Christ by speaking his word to me. Thank you for them. Bless them abundantly. Help me to imitate their faith.

And most of all, thank you for Jesus Christ, who forever remains true to me. Thank you, my God, that he is the same yesterday, today, and for ever.

In the name of Jesus. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day. Please let today be calm and peaceful for my heart and soul can use the break.

Help us in our time of need

Oh, Lord! Help us to hold fast all together to Your path, even in the shaky times. Lord! You have promised to help us in our time of trouble and need. We rest upon Your word.

bluidkiti 10-04-2013 11:05 AM

October 5

prayer for morning (e. e. cummings)

i thank God for most this
amazing
day; for the leaping greenly
spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky;
and for everything
which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes
Amen.

Now all glory to you, great God, who is able to keep us from falling away and will bring us with great joy into your glorious presence without a single fault. All glory to you who alone are God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord. All glory, majesty, power, and authority are yours before all time, and in the present, and beyond all time! Amen.

Father, I thank you for giving me more and more grace. Today and everyday I humble myself before you, and submit myself to you. In the name of Jesus, I resist the devil, and he will flee from me. Father, I come near to you, and you come near to me. I wash my hands, and purify my heart. I would not be double-minded, but humble myself before you, my Lord, and you will lift me up. Amen.

Dear Lord, help me to accept life as a series of shocks - floods, tornadoes, sickness, death - interspersed with moments of shining joy, gentle love, quiet peace, indomitable hope. All this is the fabric of my life. Help me to cling to these moments, sustained by Your strength, secure in Your love. ... Let me remember that Your despair became victory, Your sorrow, joy. Let this be so in my life. Keep me on an even keel, Lord. I need You.

Thank You, Lord.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

Almighty God, I would ask thee that my days be filled with aspiration, and that my heart may know no envy. Help me to love humanity. May I be so glad of the success of others that I may never know what it is to be envious. Amen.

“A Prayer For Those Dealing With Violent Death”

Father, You love us and work in our lives to accomplish Your eternally good purpose. We can have full confidence in You especially in times of suffering and senseless loss, but only as we learn to trust You. Like a master weaver, You weave the dark strands as well as the threads of gold and silver and intertwine them to accomplish Your eternally good purpose in our lives. Keep us steady, trusting, and looking to Your promise to work good in our lives in the midst of the bad that life throws our way. We’ll be better for it and can use that good to funnel Your love to others in similar pain. In the name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

He says: "It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that my salvation may reach to the ends of the earth." Isaiah 49:6, NIV

Mighty God, we thank you for sending your light into all the world to reveal that you are the Father of all men, to show us that you are leading them to yourself, the good and the bad, those who are near to you and those who are far away. We thank you that through all this your name may be acknowledged and honored. We thank you that we may live from your hand and that all men may see your work on earth and be filled with praise. May the light which you have sent to earth in Jesus Christ shine brightly for us and penetrate our hearts so that we open ourselves to it with joy, and worship the Savior. Bless us and give us your Spirit; without your Spirit we can do nothing. May we receive help from you every day. Amen.

Father, We are most definitely in Your hands. Prepare us to accept Your will, which is ultimately for our good. Remind us that it may take some uncomfortable refining; nevertheless we have the power of the Holy Spirit to guide us through; the proven words of Your truth. May our faith in You be even greater as we pray.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wisdom that is found in Your Word. Lord, I desire to take heed to the things that You have written in the Bible. Give me the grace to speak righteous and good things and to avoid listening to those who would "bad mouth" others. Lord, help me not to be one who would yield to nagging nor belittling others. Lord, guide me in my choice of friends and let me be a faithful and loyal friend at all times. I give You my heart and mouth and may they both agree with Your Word and be pleasing to You. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-05-2013 10:06 AM

October 6

For the Spirit of Prayer

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, oh Lord. Let your Holy Spirit guide me in my prayer and in thought, and grant me the grace to listen and hear your Word. Soften my heart, that I may be directed by your truth, and not the devices of my body and mind. In the name of Christ I ask this, Amen.

Confession

Have mercy on me, Oh Lord, for I am a humble and miserable sinner. [At this point, pause to remember specific sins you have committed during the week and speak or think them.] I renounce all of these sins, heavenly Father, and repent of them, and I promise to make every effort not to repeat them.

Have mercy on me, pardon me for these offences and any I might have omitted from forgetfulness or ignorance; in the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray for forgiveness. And I pray that your Holy Spirit may dwell with me today and throughout the coming week, to comfort me, to give me strength against temptation, and to guide me into the path of righteousness. Amen.

For Forgiveness Among Fellow Christians

Teach me, O Lord, to act so that all my deeds will glorify your holy name and your wonderful creation. Take pity, O Lord, on all Christians. Hear the desires of all who cry out to you, and deliver them from evil. Send them comfort; consolation in sorrows, and your holy mercy.

O Lord, I especially pray for those who have in any way insulted, abused or aggrieved me. Do not punish them for the sake of me, a sinner; but pour your mercy upon them. I also pray to you for all those whom I, a sinner, have insulted or tempted in word, deed, or thought; whether knowingly or without realizing it. O Lord God, forgive us our sins and offenses and insults against each other. Dispel from our hearts all indignation, suspicion, anger, remembrance of evil, quarrels, and all that might hinder and lessen brotherly love. Replace resentment with forgiveness, I pray, in the name of Christ. Amen.

Blessing

May God the Father bless us; may Christ take care of us; the Holy Ghost enlighten us all the days of our life. The Lord be our defender and keeper of body and soul, both now and for ever, to the ages of ages. Amen.

by Æthelwold, Bishop of Winchester, 958 A.D.)

Father, with the help of the Holy Spirit and according to your Word, I prepare my mind for action with self-control; set my hope fully on the grace to be given me when Jesus Christ is revealed. As an obedient child, I will not conform to the evil desires I had when I lived in ignorance. You called me and you are holy, so I will be holy in all I do in the name of Jesus. Amen.

1 Peter 1:13-15

Lord of life, may I pause to remember that rest may not be obtained with wretched thoughts, nor can it be enjoyed in discontent. In my moments of rest wilt thou show me how to relax, and with tranquility may I gather hope for renewed ambition. Amen.

In my own part of the world, Lord, I pray today and commit myself to be loving and understanding in all that I do, and to be generous in giving of myself without expecting anything in return. I pray and commit myself to have an attitude of respect for each and every person, treating everyone as the equals that they are. All that I am determined to be, Lord, I ask for the power of your Spirit to enable me to be. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for all you do. As I face the day give me the wisom to know that I will never fail as long as I try. Give me the strength to keep trying.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the wonderful gift of the Holy Spirit. Truly, Your spiritual water has quenched my thirsty soul. May I be like one who brings good news from a far land, as I testify and witness to those around me who do not know about the Living Water found in Christ. Lord, fill me daily with the Holy Spirit so that I may overflow with those living waters and minister life to others. Lord, speak to Your children who do not have this gift, and reveal to them their need to receive the baptism in the Holy Spirit. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, fill me with the Holy Spirit so that I am one through whom sweet water can always flow forth. Lord, help me to guard my mouth and speak good things from Your Word. Deliver me from all compromise and give me the grace to always stand in integrity before men. Help Your people to be good witnesses in this world so that we do not bring any reproach on the Kingdom of God. Forgive us when we fall down and lift us back up and rebuild our walls, so that the enemy is defeated in our lives. I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-06-2013 09:24 AM

October 7

Prayer for the Guidance During the Day

Oh my God, you know my weakness and failings, and that without your help I can accomplish nothing for the good of souls, my own and others'. Grant me, therefore, the help of your grace, according to my particular needs this day. Enable me to see the tasks you will set before me in the daily routine of my life, and let me set my hand to these tasks with the vigor and joy of one with whom you abide. And if I should face trials, suffering or failure, I pray that your hand will lift me up, and I may be refreshed. In the name of Christ, I pray, Amen.

To Be Free of Anxiety

Lord Jesus, I have allowed myself to be filled with depression and negativity over what I see as my failures in life, where I have been disappointed in something I wanted from this world. I find myself hiding, full of anger and self-righteousness and self-pity, and have turned my eyes away from you.

Give me the hope I need and help me never to be afraid to begin again. You told your disciples to be anxious for nothing. I give to you my anxiety, Lord Christ, and lay my troubles upon your mighty back; and I pick up your burden, for you have promised that it is light, and that you are gentle and kind. Let me work for your glory and not my own, Lord Jesus, that the anxiety that comes from pride and vanity and fear of others might be gone from me, and I may serve you in joy and peace. Amen.

If you are with me, O God, who can be against me? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate me from the love of God in Christ Jesus my Lord. Amen.

My Lord, I acknowledge that you are the Good Shepherd of my soul, and I am the sheep of your pasture. When I hear your voice, I come to you because you call my name and you lead me out. You walk ahead of me; and I follow you because I recognize your voice. I will not follow a stranger but will run from him, for I don’t recognize his voice. Thank you for giving me a willing and obedient heart. I pray in your name, Lord Jesus. Amen

John 10:3-5

Dear Father in heaven, help me to see that I must commit myself to a higher purpose than just gaining personal wealth and material possessions. ... If I concentrate solely on these, and neglect the spiritual, I will have no center, no higher commitment outside of myself! ... Help me to see that such a life is as if one would choose to set out to sea alone in a boat with no compass, no purpose, no port in mind. It might be enjoyable until a crisis arises, and panic sets in. ... Dear Lord, will it take a crisis before I learn that I am not all- sufficient? ... Help me to see that I do need You, and that I need to build a relationship with You before a crisis engulfs me.

In Jesus' name I pray.

Amen.

© 2000 by D. L. Hammond, Permission to copy granted for noncommercial use.

I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me – just as the Father knows me and I know the Father – and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14–15, NIV

Dear Father in heaven, we thank you that your voice reaches our hearts and that we can say with joy, "We belong to you. We too are yours." We want to lead lives that show we belong to you, never allowing ourselves to be sidetracked, never again giving way to pettiness, always drawing strength from the power of Jesus Christ. Protect our household. Watch over each of us. Protect us all on our way. O mighty God, be with us in the many dangers that surround us, and grant that we may always be joyful because our names are recorded in heaven. Amen.

Dear Lord, thank you for giving me the strength and wisdom to believe in myself.

bluidkiti 10-07-2013 08:18 AM

October 8

Prayer to Live Christ's Word

Gracious God, Jesus is calling me to a new beginning; to a fresh call to discipleship. You are asking me to deny myself, take up my cross and follow you. It was at my baptism that you claimed me as your child.

Today, I affirm that I have been crucified with Christ, and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. I surrender my will, my desires and my life to you, O God. I commit myself to your call to discipleship: to pray, study your Word, worship you, invite other people to a life of discipleship, encourage Christians in their life of faith, serve those in need, and give joyfully of the gifts that You first gave me.
This I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

I pray that I may be blessed every step of my path this day by the great God of light. May your sun shine upon me; as the moon moves the tide, may your Spirit move my emotions with every grace and magic; may my heart sing with the voice of your angels and my hearth be warm; and may this and every blessed day You have given me be filled with joy. Amen.

Father, according to your Word I have been made the righteousness of God through Christ Jesus. Thank you for sending the Holy Spirit who helps me bring forth good fruit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Amen.

2 Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 5:22

This day, Father, may my eyes be opened to see the beauty in all that is ordinary - yet special - around me. May the glory of all that you have made remind me of your presence and lead me closer to you.

Heavenly Blessings

Ephesians 1:5-8

Dear Father, King of an eternal kingdom,

In love you destined us to be your sons through Jesus Christ, exactly as you wanted to do.

My heart overflows with thanksgiving and praise for this glorious graciousness which you bestowed on us in your beloved Son.

Thank you that in him and through his blood we are forgiven of every sin and released from our bondage to sin - all of this according to your unfailing love lavished on us!

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I pray. Amen.

Dear Father, thank you for this day. Give me the wisdom to understand that not only should we not judge the people that we love, but we should not judge at all.

Dear Heavenly Father, I am glad that You are that High Tower that we can run into, when we need defense from the enemy of our souls. Lord, keep me from pride and deliver me from all that would offend You. I do appreciate being able to read the Bible and find strength and comfort within its pages. Lord, I acknowledge You as my God and my King. I rely on You, and You alone, and do not put my confidence in my own self, nor any other man. Thank You for protecting me from all of the attacks of the devil. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Morning Prayer
Author Unknown
Dear Lord,
So far I've done all right.
I haven't gossipped,
haven't lost my temper,
haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or overindulgent.
I'm really glad about that.

But in a few minutes, God,
I'm going to get out of bed.
And from then on,
I'm going to need a lot more help.

bluidkiti 10-08-2013 08:46 AM

October 9

Prayer for the Day

Holy God, you have given me another day. Bring your Holy Spirit into my mind and my life, so that I may walk this day in your presence. Let me feel your presence throughout the day, remembering always that you sent your Spirit that you might be a living force in all I see and all I do. When I feel temptation or begin to stray, show me your path. Correct me, comfort me, let me live your will; that I may be happy in this life and blessed in the life to come. This I pray in the name of Christ, my Lord. Amen.

Finally, may I go forth filled with the joy and confidence of your Spirit; and may everything I do this day, in word or deed, be done in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father. Amen.

My Father, may I have an appreciation of the wonderful creations of the earth. Give me a discriminating eye, that I may know the precious things that thou art growing; and throughout my life may I love the beautiful, and choose that which will make my life worthy of growth. Amen.

God our Father, may the vastness of your creation that we can begin to see through a telescope, remind us of the abundance of your love. May the lowliness of the smallest creatures and cells that we can see through a microscope, remind us of how insignificant - yet special - we appear to be. May our vision each day of the world around us remind us that you so loved the world that you sent Jesus, your Son, to be one of us. In all that we observe, open our eyes so that we may really see and grow in wonder and appreciation. Amen.

They were standing by the sea of glass, holding harps that God had given them and singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb: "Lord God Almighty, how great and wonderful are your deeds! King of the nations, how right and true are your ways! Who will not stand in awe of you, Lord? Who will refuse to declare your greatness? You alone are holy. All the nations will come and worship you, because your just actions are seen by all." Revelation 15:2b–4, TEV

O Lord God, we thank you that in our times we may feel and see that you are at work. This is a joy and comfort to us and we take heart, although the misery on earth sometimes brings us to tears. We find joy again because you are at work. You are carrying out your will, which includes your plan for our life and salvation. Grant that fruits may appear in our times, for our times are in your hands. Grant that many people from all nations may come to you. May they turn to you in their need and know the happiness of receiving your help. May your name be honored, your kingdom come, and your will be done on earth as in heaven. Amen.

Dear Father, as I face this day give me the wisdom and courage to do the right thing, even when it is not easy.

bluidkiti 10-09-2013 09:15 AM

October 10

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, let me live this day as the gift it is, for You have truly blessed me to live it. And if I may suffer, I will carry with me the certainty that one day I will see You face to face, a day when all things will become clear and my pain will be made whole through the grace of Christ, my God. Blessed be you, oh Lord my God, and blessed be the day you have given me. Amen.

Prayer for Renewal

Lord, I am one of your people, the sheep of your flock. I pray for you to heal those who are wounded; touch those who are in pain; clean those who are soiled; warm those who are cold; help me to know the Father's love through Jesus the shepherd, and through the Spirit.

Help me to lift up that love, and show it all over this land. Help me to build love on justice and justice on love. Help me to believe mightily, hope joyfully, and love divinely. Renew me that I may help renew the face of the earth. Amen.

May God Almighty send me his light and truth, to keep this day and all the days of my life. And may His mighty hand protect me, and all my brothers and sisters who have joined me in prayer this day, blessing our homes and our lives. Amen.

Father, I submit to the ministry of transformation by the Holy Spirit realizing that I am moving forward. I trust you to complete the work you have begun in me in the name of Jesus, and I will not worry about what others say about me. Whatever you have planned for me to do, may I do it all for your glory! Amen!

1 Corinthians 3:18 Philippians 1:6 1 Corinthians 10:31

My Father, I would pray that my sense of gloom may not be more than thy grace. May the glorious light of thy love break through my disheartened soul, and reveal the sincerity of thy promises, that I may be happy in thy care. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-10-2013 10:48 AM

October 11

Prayer to Use Our Gifts Wisely

Lord, give me each day the wisdom to see which things are important, and which things are not. Show me how best to use the time and talents you have given me. Help me to use all my opportunities wisely, that I may share, through service to others, the good gifts I have received from you. Amen.

Prayer for True Thought

Heavenly Father, who has given us the gift of your law, so that we might know our sin, and your Son, that we might be forgiven where we fall short. Give me the grace to remember your holy Word, when my surroundings tempt me to confusion and weakness, that I might more nearly approach true obedience to your will. Help me to resist the arguments of the ungodly; let me not be deceived by false beauty; and so guide me, that the clever words of men will never replace the truth which you have put into my heart. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Oh Lord Jesus Christ, who said to your apostles, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you"; I pray that I and your whole church, the body of all faithful people, will know your peace, and live in harmony and unity, one with another, in accordance with your wishes. This I pray to you, who lives and reigns forever. Amen.

Father-God, I pray that I will live a life worthy of the calling I have received. I purpose to bless others, keeping your ways and doing what is right and just in Your sight. I pray that my offspring will be a blessing to all the nations of the earth.

Ephesians 4:1 Genesis 22:17–18

Heavenly Father, help me to see that before the night thou hadst planned the morning, and that thou hast never sent the night without the hope of the morning. Before I rest in the night may I be ready for the morning. Amen.

Lord our God, we pray that, no matter what happens to us, we may grow as people who are generous enough to hold no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-11-2013 10:37 AM

October 12

Prayer for the Morning

Dear Lord, please give me the patience to make it through this busy day with all the hustle, demands and distractions of modern life. Let me find the quiet time to hear your voice and feel your calming presence. I ask this in your son's name. Amen.

And finally, grant me O Lord, I pray, the lamp of charity which never fails, that it may burn in me and shed its light on those around me, and that by its brightness I may share a vision of that holy City, where dwells the true and never-failing Light, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, thank you for feeding us with blessings from your own table and letting us drink from your rivers of delight.

We trust you to go before us and take care of everything we will need. Your generosity exceeds even ours, in the glory that pours from Jesus. Freely we have received; freely we will give to others in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Psalm 36:8 Philippians 4:19, THE MESSAGE

Spirit of life, I pray that thou wilt continually live within me. May my days be spent neither in waste nor idleness, but planned to use, with the best that is given me. Amen.

Forgive us the wrongs we have done, as we forgive the wrongs that others have done to us. Matthew 6:12, TEV

Lord our God, we thank you for the great light you send throughout the world to let us know that you forgive, that no sin is too great for you to forgive. Grant that men may cry out, "Have mercy on me, O God!" Give them the spirit of prayer in their hearts to call, "Father, forgive us our sins." Send your Holy Spirit, the Spirit of truth and humility, and then forgive their sins. Wherever a soul is sighing, wherever someone is calling to you, hear him. May our prayers come before your throne. Hear and answer us. We have so much on our hearts that we cannot rightly express it all. We pray for others too. Father, forgive them. Clear away all the obstacles so that your judgment can be merciful toward those whom you forgive. Be with us. May we be a church community of Jesus Christ, washed in his blood, with strength to face every bitter outburst of the world's fury and still forgive. May our prayer remain, "Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us." Amen.

bluidkiti 10-12-2013 11:16 AM

October 13

Lord Jesus, I trusted you to save me, and now I will trust you when problems arise, remembering that I am in vital union with you. My decisions shall be based on whatever seems best, for you will guide me. In your unfailing love you will lead me because you have redeemed me. Thank you for your faithfulness. Amen.

Colossians 2:6 1 Samuel 10:7 Exodus 15:13

Dead in Sins

Ephesians 2:1-3

Dear Father, King of the Ages,

Thank you for the new life you have infused into my being. I once was dead because of the misdeeds and sins in which I walked, following the course of this world, following the commander-in-chief of evil, the spirit that now energizes all who disobey.

Among these lost people - and as a lost person - I once lived in the passions of my flesh. I followed the desires of my body and the passing whims of my mind. I was by nature a doer of evil doomed to destruction, like the rest of mankind.

But you were rich in mercy! Because of your great love with which you loved me - even when I was dead through my misdeeds - you made me alive together with Christ! It is by your undeserved kindness that I am saved!

In the name of Jesus and by his authority I boldly ask you to make of us the completely holy people that you intend as your inheritance. Amen.

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So through God you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son then an heir. Galatians 4:6–7, RSV

Dear Father in heaven, we come before you as your children, longing to be assured through your Spirit that we are and may remain your children. We long to live to the glory of your name under the shelter and guidance of the Lord Jesus in expectation of the great day which shall fulfill all promises made to us men. Strengthen us, especially in dark and troubled days. Help us when danger threatens and when evil tries to make headway among us. Deliver us from all evil, for yours is the kingdom, the power, and the glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Dear heavenly Father, thank you for Your words of wisdom in the Bible. I do want to adhere to them and avoid doing foolish things. Forgive me for the foolish things I have done in the past. Give me discernment to recognize the voice of fools, so that I am not taken in by their deceptive talk. I want to hear the truth, even if it is painful, because the truth of God's Word is what sets us free. Give me ears to hear what the Spirit of God is saying, and then give me the grace to obey His Words. I ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-13-2013 10:17 AM

October 14

“A Little Prayer”

Let us be thankful, Lord, for little things
The song of birds, the rapture of the rose;
Cloud-dappled skies, the laugh of limpid springs,
Drowned sunbeams and the perfume April blows;
Bronze wheat a-shimmer, purple shade of trees -
Let us be thankful, Lord of Life, for these!

Let us be grateful, God, for health serene,
The hope to do a kindly deed each day;
The faith of fellowship, a conscience clean,
The will to worship and the gift to pray;
For all of worth in us, of You a part,
Let us be grateful, God, with humble heart.
Amen.

by Robert William Service (1930)

Prayer for the Gifts of the Holy Spirit

Christ Jesus, before ascending into heaven, You promised to send the Holy Spirit to Your apostles and disciples. Grant that the same Spirit may perfect in my life the work of Your grace and love, and that I may bear my cross with You and, with courage, overcome the obstacles that interfere with my salvation; Teach me to be Your faithful disciple and animate me in every way with Your Spirit. Amen.

God of love, Father of all, the darkness that covered the earth has given way to the bright dawn of your Word made flesh. Make me and all who confess your holy name people of this light. Make me faithful to your Word that I may bring your life to the waiting world. Grant this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Father, my determination is to be my utmost for Your Highest. In the name of Jesus I absolutely and irrevocably surrender my will, binding my will to your will for my life. I determine to be absolutely and entirely for You and for You alone. My eager desire and hope is that I may never feel ashamed, but that now as ever I may do honor to You in my own person by fearless courage. This is my prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Philippians 1:20

My Father, I pray that I may not be dismayed over life, and its trifles. Help me to master difficulties great and small, and give me patience through all until I reach the untroubled way. Amen.

There are likely to be some sudden and abrupt changes in my life, but there will be many more changes that are slow in taking place. When I face difficulties and crisis, I ask you, Lord, to help me to be wise and balanced in my decisions, strong in my friendships, and faithful to you, and so be more able to live at peace within. Amen.

I will listen to what God the Lord says; he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants – but let them not turn to folly. Surely his salvation is near those who fear him, that his glory may dwell in our land. Psalm 85:8–9, NIV

Lord our God, you are help, comfort, and life to us in everything we have to endure. We gather before you as poor, weak people, but you can make us rich and give us new life so that our lives prove we hold to your will and to the justice you bring on earth. May we be one in spirit through all we experience in our hearts, to the glory of your name. May the praise and thanks of many people ring out into all the world because you are help and deliverance from all evil. Amen.

Father, we thank You again for this day and another chance to express our love, praise and thankfulness for Your never-ending mercy and blessings. Thank You for our daily bread and shelter. Strengthen believers with Your Holy Spirit, touching each heart with the assurance of Your love and presence because we need it. In every controversial situation we face please reveal Your presence stirring the desire in people to desire You. Amen.

bluidkiti 10-14-2013 09:37 AM

October 15

Prayer for the Morning

Heavenly Father, I do not fear this day, for you are with me wherever I might go, your light to shine ahead, your footsteps to lead the way. I do not fear this day, for your word will be my guide. Your strength will sustain me and your love revive me, this day and all days. I do not fear this day, for you are with me. In the name of Christ, I call upon you. Amen.

Glory to God whose power, working in us, can do infinitely more than we can ask or imagine: Glory to God from generation to generation in the church and in the world, and in Christ Jesus for ever and ever. Amen.

Father, you have called me and separated me unto the Gospel. I utterly abandon my dreams and plans to Your Will. In the name of Jesus, I bind my will, plans and purposes to Your will, plans and purposes for my life as I wait for your Guidance, I listen for your Voice. When I lose my life, then I shall find it. Amen.

Romans 1:1 Matthew 10:39

“A Prayer For Today’s Blessing”

Father, often the days converge into another and before we know it another year has passed. Help us to be keenly aware of each new day and the opportunity it holds for us to build character and be engaged in our Father’s business. We want to daily turn to Your holy Word for wisdom so that we will present to You a heart full of godly wisdom and a life fully surrendered to You. In the name of Jesus we pray, Amen.

Dear Lord, sometimes I just want to give up. I feel that no matter what I do it is not good enough. Please give me the wisdom to know that it is okay to feel these things but remind me that giving up will never get me to where I need to be.