Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - August (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4384)

bluidkiti 08-01-2014 01:07 PM

Bible Verse Of The Day - August

August 1

You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word. Psalm 119:114

Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish. Proverbs 18:13

Romans 12:14 - 14 Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them.

bluidkiti 08-02-2014 09:58 AM

August 2

But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22

I cried out to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy mountain. Psalm 3:4

Psalm 34:18 - 18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

BW1 08-02-2014 10:43 AM

The plans of the mind belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
All the the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit. ~ Proverbs 16: 1-2 RSV

bluidkiti 08-03-2014 05:57 AM

August 3

But the Lord said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7

For I am waiting for you, O Lord. You must answer for me, O Lord my God. Psalm 38:15

Ephesians 1:3 - 3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

BW1 08-03-2014 05:06 PM

Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's son, in truth and love. ~ 2 John 3 RSV

bluidkiti 08-04-2014 10:16 AM

August 4

Thus saith the Lord the maker thereof, the Lord that formed it, to establish it; the Lord is his name; Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:2-3

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Philippians 3:20 - 20 But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior.

BW1 08-04-2014 03:12 PM

Don't you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? ~1 Corinthians 6:19 NLT

bluidkiti 08-05-2014 10:48 AM

August 5

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalm 119:130

The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. Psalm 119:130

For our present troubles are small and won't last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 2 Corinthians 4:17

Psalm 19:8 - 8 The commandments of the Lord are right, bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear, giving insight for living.

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

BW1 08-05-2014 11:56 AM

Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the lands!.
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into His presence with singing!
~ Psalms 100:1-2

bluidkiti 08-06-2014 09:40 AM

August 6

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalm 119:160

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. Philippians 4:6

All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalm 119:160

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. John 14:1

1 Thessalonians 3:7 - 7 So we have been greatly encouraged in the midst of our troubles and suffering, dear brothers and sisters, because you have remained strong in your faith.

Luke 6:27-31 — "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

BW1 08-06-2014 04:03 PM

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. " ~ Proverbs 15:1

BW1 08-07-2014 10:22 AM

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits without partiality and without hypocricy.
~ James 3:17 KJV

bluidkiti 08-07-2014 11:13 AM

August 7

For the Lord is our judge, the Lord is our lawgiver, the Lord is our king; it is he who will save us. Isaiah 33:22

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6

Romans 1:12 - 12 When we get together, I want to encourage you in your faith, but I also want to be encouraged by yours.

2 Corinthians 5:21 — God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Matthew 7:1-2 — "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

bluidkiti 08-08-2014 09:47 AM

August 8

For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with victory. Psalm 149:4

Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you. 1 Peter 5:7

Psalm 71:6 - 6 Yes, you have been with me from birth; from my mother’s womb you have cared for me. No wonder I am always praising you!

My experience shows that those who plant trouble and cultivate evil will harvest the same. Job 4:8

BW1 08-08-2014 01:31 PM

For as the body is dead without the spirit is dead so faith withot works is dead also. ~ James 2:26