Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Check In (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Welcome to Bluidkiti's Recovery Fellowship! (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93)

bluidkiti 08-07-2013 09:07 AM

Welcome to Bluidkiti's Recovery Fellowship!

Welcome To The Fellowship

Welcome to the fellowship
Here take this chair
When you walked through our doors
We'll show you that we care
We will love you
Until you can love yourself
Put the plug in the jug
Keep the drugs on the shelf
All you need is a desire to stop
That's all it takes
To join our way
We'll share our program
Show you how to live in today
You will never again be lonely
Unless you choose
As long as you don't pick up
You'll never lose
We will teach you
How to work the steps
One by one
We will teach you
That in sobriety
You can have fun
Surrender to win
Is a good place to begin
First you have to clean up the past
In here no one is first
And no one is last
We have a way that is simple
But not easy you see
Rest assured we'll teach you
How to live free
In here we know
How you feel inside
Because we have been
Where you're at
But no longer hide
Of pure love
This program was given to us
By God above
Have some coffee
Sit right down
We are so happy
That you have come around
We'll show you how we
Make our way
Then you can be blessed
Yourself
As you give it away

Daniel M Corkery
1/6/2001

bluidkiti 08-07-2013 09:10 AM

Hi, I am Tammy, an alcoholic and drug addict. I am married to a wonderful husband. We have 3 beautiful daughters together.

I look forward to hearing from everyone. I hope that when you join that you will stop in and share with us about yourself so that we can get to know you better.

Have a great day! :D

MajestyJo 08-07-2013 09:46 AM

Hi, I am JoAnne, and I am a recovering alcoholic and addict. The addict in me was addicted to prescription drugs, work/busy, and food. I have recovered from that hopeless state of mind and body, yet my dis-ease is always there, just waiting for me to pick up something else that will take me back to where I came from. i.e. Nevada Tickets and Lottery Tickets, my computer, my TV, and my habit of shutting off the world and picking up a book. Moderation is good, taking over my life is not so good, especially when it stands between me and who my God is in today.

I am divorced, living in a senior complex, and have a son who is still in active addiction, and that is why I also go to Al-Anon. I always qualified because of my parents and my ex-husbands, but as his disease increased, my attendance at Al-Anon increased.

For me, it is one day at a time. I need the program just as much in today as I did 21 years ago, because of chronic pain and fatigue. I am so grateful, for the 12 Step Program and this site that has been a big support for me and my recovery.

I hope you will join us on this road to recovery. We can do what I can't do alone.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/website-welcome/0148.gif

MajestyJo 05-23-2014 10:16 PM

We welcome all newcomer, not just new to recovery, but new to this site.

We hope you will come and share your journey with us. It isn't necessary to post, we are here to share our recovery with you. Hopefully if you identify or have any questions, you will feel free to do so.

My thoughts and recovery is based on AA's Big Book, although I have gone to meetings in NA, CA, Nar-Anon, Al-Anon, ACoA, and CoDA. I also qualified for GA (Gamblers), OA (have an eating disorder), and EA (Emotions). I had a sponsor who had been there and it was a great help to me. I didn't even know what I was feeling. I shut them down for so many years, that I couldn't recognize them let alone put a name to the feeling.

Come join us on the road to recovery. Without you, there is no me.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-elephants/0274.gif

Magie 07-03-2014 10:10 PM

It's nice to log in again and say hello to you all
Recovery is much more gratifying knowing that
there are others out there who are working the Steps
and utilizing them in daily life. Surrendering my
will to a higher power transforms struggle and difficulties
into
a lifestyle full of hope and forward motion. My character changes
have turned frustration and even at times
dispare into a joy in life I had not even dreamed
possible.. Thank you for all the reminders and inspirations that
you share...

deeek 07-03-2014 10:27 PM

Hi Magie, glad you are here!

MajestyJo 07-04-2014 06:05 PM

Welcome Magie, so glad to have you here. Thank you for signing in and saying hello. Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...afg5RKiidR_Zb1

MajestyJo 07-10-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

As Bill Sees It

Move Ahead, p. 105

To spend too much time on any one alcoholic is to deny some other an opportunity to live and be happy. One of our Fellowship failed entirely with his first half-dozen prospects. He often says that if he had continued to work on them, he might have deprived many others, who have since recovered, of their chance.

<< << << >> >> >>

"Our chief responsibility to the newcomer is an adequate presentation of the program. If he does nothing or argues, we do nothing but maintain our own sobriety. If he starts to move ahead, even a little, with an open mind, we then break our necks to help in every way we can."

1. Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 96
2. Letter, 1942

What topics would you like discussed?

What do you need for your recovery?

Do you have any questions you would like answered?

If you don't know how or don't wish to post, send me a private message.

You are the most important people at this site.

I always say my drug of choice was alcohol, men, pills, men, work, men, food, men, computers, men....

As they say, looking outside myself to make me feel better doesn't work, I just substitute one drug for another. My drug of choice was more! This is an inward journey, I travelled the other one for too many years.

MajestyJo 08-04-2014 03:53 AM

Welcome to all substance abusers!

What topics would you like discussed? Have you found what you need here on the site?

What do you need for your recovery? If you don't feel comfortable about posting, send one of us a private message.

Do you have any questions you would like answered? There is no such thing is a dumb question. How can we know if we were never taught.

You are the most important people at this site.

To the new members here, please feel free to post anywhere and ask as many questions as you like. There is no such think as a stupid question. If you need direction in any way please ask. Click on my name or that of another member you identify with and send a private message if you need instructions to post.

We are here for you. You are the reason we are here and keep coming back.

We share because we care, please keep coming so you don't have to come back.

MajestyJo 08-04-2014 04:04 AM

This is a recovery site. It is not for advertising or a place to pick up and contact people outside of recovery.

The Traditions say we have no opinion on outside issues, and the site isn't a Matchmaker site.

We do have a chat site, no one monitors it, so if you want to meet someone there, you need to send a private message and ask for someone to meet you there at a specific time.

Our primary purpose is to carry the message of recovery, if you don't want to talk recovery and make changes in your life, purpose you will find what you need at another site. We invite you to read and share on what is posted here, as long as it is about recovery from any or all drugs, for people who are family of addicts and alcoholics, who are looking for support.

We do not approve of spam. This is not for free advertising or a lovelorn column. Please respect the members and not post material that can trigger someone back to using. Gambling and Shopping are both addictions. Addiction is a disease, posting things that can trigger people, that feed addiction.

It is like going to a NA meeting and taking out a pill and swallowing it in front of every one. One girl had to leave because of a share. My AA sponsor was a heroin addict who got triggered in NA and went to AA. AA worked for her, a drug is a drug. Alcohol is a drug.

We welcome you to share your experience, strength, and hope and hopefully you will be able to help someone else.

MajestyJo 09-02-2014 03:50 PM

Alcoholism is a disease. It is a progressive disease. Your mother's/father's disease can be fixed with medication. Your disease can not. Until you can come to a spiritual decision to quit and ask for help and make the decision to quit, it has been my experience that you will continue to drink.

Have found the same thing to be true about drugs. Prescription drugs were one of my issues, and when I got to AA, I realized that they were like dried-up alcohol.

I had to pray for the willingness to quit drinking and using. I had to reach out and ask for help and my source was a counsellor at the YWCA were I was staying and she got me into treatment which lead me to AA.

No one could help me until I was ready. I went to meeting and didn't pick up, but still could not completely accept my alcoholism. I just knew I couldn't go back to where I came from, so I didn't pick up a drink one day at a time, went to meetings, did what was suggested to me, and I stayed clean and sober one day at a time.

Your disease in not curable, but it can be arrested one day at a time through the healing of the 12 Steps. It would be nice to be able to take a pill and have a quick fix, but that is another addiction.

Please take some time to read some of the posts here, you will find a great source of information. I shall pray that your Higher Power will lead and guide you to recovery.

There is more than just the readings of the day, there are some spiritual, emotional, and physical food too. The readings are important, but there is a lot of material on living in today, clean and sober.

We welcome you to the site and hope you will continue to keep coming back.

MajestyJo 09-02-2014 03:50 PM

Alcoholism is a disease. It is a progressive disease. Your mother's/father's disease can be fixed with medication. Your disease can not. Until you can come to a spiritual decision to quit and ask for help and make the decision to quit, it has been my experience that you will continue to drink.

Have found the same thing to be true about drugs. Prescription drugs were one of my issues, and when I got to AA, I realized that they were like dried-up alcohol.

I had to pray for the willingness to quit drinking and using. I had to reach out and ask for help and my source was a counsellor at the YWCA were I was staying and she got me into treatment which lead me to AA.

No one could help me until I was ready. I went to meeting and didn't pick up, but still could not completely accept my alcoholism. I just knew I couldn't go back to where I came from, so I didn't pick up a drink one day at a time, went to meetings, did what was suggested to me, and I stayed clean and sober one day at a time.

Your disease in not curable, but it can be arrested one day at a time through the healing of the 12 Steps. It would be nice to be able to take a pill and have a quick fix, but that is another addiction.

Please take some time to read some of the posts here, you will find a great source of information. I shall pray that your Higher Power will lead and guide you to recovery.

There is more than just the readings of the day, there are some spiritual, emotional, and physical food too. The readings are important, but there is a lot of material on living in today, clean and sober.

We welcome you to the site and hope you will continue to keep coming back.

MajestyJo 10-04-2014 07:06 PM

You don't have to be clean and sober at your first meeting but it helps.

You don't have to think about quitting for ever, we do this one day at a time.

Just for today, I choose not to use.

One day at a time, I will deal with my emotions, feelings, life situations, and I will get a support group to help me deal with life on life's terms, without having to pick up my coping tool, my drugs and alcohol (alcohol is a drug).

Keep coming, so you don't have to come back. Bring the body, and the mind will follow.

Let us love you until you can learn to love yourself.

http://www.animated-gifs.eu/mammals-mice-7/0066.gif

india 10-06-2014 02:41 PM

new to this online community

:catahello:hello, my name is india and I am a grateful recovering alcoholic and addict. I am new to this online community. my friend, jim b. has referred me here for some great recovery resources. I love what I see here and wanted to join in.... I will be perusing and surfing. hope to see some of y'all in the chat room! thank's the continued support. I need to hear about your experience, strength and hope!!

MajestyJo 10-07-2014 11:00 AM

Welcome India, so grateful you signed in and said hello. Look forward to sharing with you. Doesn't matter if material is new or old, if it speaks to you, feel free to share on it.

http://f0.pepst.com/c/3CB47F/177854/...4000_0_1_0.gif