Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses for 2015 (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6232)

bluidkiti 08-23-2015 11:01 AM

Psalm 94:18-19 - 18 When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, Lord, supported me. 19 When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Psalm 86:5

Matthew 10:40-42

“Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”

bluidkiti 08-24-2015 10:11 AM

Psalm 116:1-2 - 1 I love the Lord, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. 2 Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.

But I trust in your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. Psalm 13:5

Matthew 5:3-8

“Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.

bluidkiti 08-25-2015 09:12 AM

Psalm 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.

Galatians 6:10 NIV Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers.

Those who listen to instruction will prosper; those who trust the Lord will be joyful. Proverbs 16:20

“He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.” 1 Peter 2:24

bluidkiti 08-26-2015 07:32 AM

Romans 12:4-5 - 4 For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, 5 so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

1 John 4:12 NIV No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

O my people, trust in him at all times. Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62:8

Psalm 103:1-5

Of David.

Praise the Lord, my soul;
all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the Lord, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
and crowns you with love and compassion,
who satisfies your desires with good things
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.

bluidkiti 08-27-2015 10:23 AM

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:3 (NLT): As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness!

Today’s Thought: God promises us that He will take care of us. We need to trust Him always, especially when you are in a situation when only He can help. He never fails!

Today’s Prayer:
Lord, thank You for always taking care of me. I ask that You help me learn to trust You no matter what the circumstances are. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you.

For, Whoever would love life and see good days must keep their tongue from evil and their lips from deceitful speech. They must turn from evil and do good; they must seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:10-11

bluidkiti 08-28-2015 08:38 AM

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. —Philippians 4:12

John 6:29 Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you. Psalm 9:10

Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28

bluidkiti 08-29-2015 10:15 AM

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:5-7 (NLT): So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance, and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone.

Today’s Thought: God promises us if we apply the above to our life that we will reap great benefits. Let’s try our best to live this way.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You help me have more faith & live a moral life. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 15:12 — My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.

Ten ways to love:

1. Listen without interrupting. (Proverbs 18:13)
2. Speak without accusing. (James 1:19)
3. Give without sparing. (Proverbs 21:26)
4. Pray without ceasing. (Colossians 1:9)
5. Answer without arguing (Proverbs 17:1)
6. Share without pretending. (Ephesians 4:15)
7. Enjoy without complaint. (Philippians 2:14)
8. Trust without waivering. (1 Corinthians 13:7)
9. Forgive without punishing. (Colossians 3:13)
10. Promise without forgetting. (Proverbs 13:12)

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? —Matthew 6:25

Galatians 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 3:8 NIV Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:1-4

Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord. Psalm 31:24

bluidkiti 08-30-2015 08:25 AM

Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment. —1 Timothy 6:17

Ephesians 2:19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household,

But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, "You are my God!" Psalm 31:14

Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

bluidkiti 08-31-2015 11:01 AM

Psalm 95:6-7 6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker; 7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care.

Today, if only you would hear his voice,

Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart. Colossians 4:2

Psalm 91:1-6
Psalm 91

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”

Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.

bluidkiti 09-01-2015 08:01 AM

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 1:12-13 (NLT): I plan to keep on reminding you of these things-even though you already know them and are standing firm in the truth. Yes, I believe I should keep on reminding you of these things as long as I live.

Today’s Thought: It is good to be reminded from time to time of what the Lord brought you out of. It will be such an encouragement to you and those around you.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving my life! I ask that You help me never forget what You have brought me out of. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Luke 6:27-31 — "But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them. Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you."

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway. If you are kind, people accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway. If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway. If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway. Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway. For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."

— Mother Teresa

Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. —Psalm 25:4-5

Psalm 119:2 NIV Blessed are they who keep his statutes and seek him with all their heart.

Joyful are those who listen to me, watching for me daily at my gates, waiting for me outside my home! Proverbs 8:34

Matthew 5:43-48
Love for Enemies

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails. Proverbs 19:21

bluidkiti 09-02-2015 09:27 AM

John 16:33 NIV "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. Romans 12:12

Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation. 1 Peter 2:2

bluidkiti 09-03-2015 08:29 AM

"Stand up and praise the LORD your God, who is from everlasting to everlasting. Blessed be your glorious name, and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise." —Nehemiah 9:5

Isaiah 48:17
This is what the Lord says—
your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
“I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.

Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly. Psalm 5:3

No one lights a lamp and hides it in a clay jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, they put it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. Luke 8:16

bluidkiti 09-04-2015 07:01 AM

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:9 (NLT): So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while punishing the wicked right up until the day of judgment.

Today’s Thought: God is for us and not against us. He will always take care of us. We need to trust Him no matter what we are going through today.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You for always taking care of me! I ask that You continue to help me put all my trust in You no matter what I go through. If there is anyone that needs to hear how much You take care of me today I ask that You give me the courage and words to talk to them. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 NIV If there is a poor man among your brothers in any of the towns of the land that the LORD your God is giving you, do not be hardhearted or tightfisted toward your poor brother. Rather be openhanded and freely lend him whatever he needs.

Seek the Lord while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

Proverbs 26:20-27

Without wood a fire goes out;
without a gossip a quarrel dies down.
As charcoal to embers and as wood to fire,
so is a quarrelsome person for kindling strife.
The words of a gossip are like choice morsels;
they go down to the inmost parts.

Like a coating of silver dross on earthenware
are fervent lips with an evil heart.
Enemies disguise themselves with their lips,
but in their hearts they harbor deceit.
Though their speech is charming, do not believe them,
for seven abominations fill their hearts.
Their malice may be concealed by deception,
but their wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.
Whoever digs a pit will fall into it;
if someone rolls a stone, it will roll back on them.

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in obedience to him. Psalm 128:1

bluidkiti 09-05-2015 06:36 AM

Matthew 28:18-20 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me. Jeremiah 29:13

bluidkiti 09-06-2015 08:35 AM

Today’s Scripture: 2 Peter 2:11 (NLT): But the angels, even though they are far greater in power and strength than these false teachers, never speak out disrespectfully against the glorious ones.

Today’s Thought: We need to be mighty careful of what comes out of our mouths. Even if someone is wrong, show respect. Remember, life & death is in your tongue. What will you choose today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me speak life into everyone I encounter today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody. —1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

John 14:23 Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

Always be joyful.Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Amos 5:14