View Single Post
Old 02-15-2021, 01:50 PM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

February 15

Quote of the Week

"You are exactly where God wants you to be."

When I was new to the program, I used to complain to my sponsor about where I was in my life. I told him I couldn’t believe I was in my late thirties and my life was such a mess. I was unemployed, and more importantly, I was unemployable. I had no savings and was borrowing money to pay my expenses. I had never been married and hadn’t had a serious relationship in years. My family didn’t want to have anything to do with me, and I had few friends left. I was at the bottom of my life.

And that’s when he looked at me and said, “You are exactly where God wants you to be.” How can that possibly be? I thought. What kind of a deranged God would want me to be so miserable, so desperate? My sponsor told me that I had finally reached a place where I had fully surrendered, and it was only here that God could reach me and begin the miracle that would transform my life.

While I understood what my sponsor meant, my ego continued to struggle against where I was and where I thought I should be. As I slowly pieced my life back together, I still resented that I had to take an entry-level job, or wait a year before getting into a relationship, or sweep floors after meetings. But after a while, the wisdom of these baby steps revealed themselves. By starting over, and doing things the right way—selflessly, fully present, and grateful for the opportunities—I began to appreciate and cherish the new life I had a second chance at building. Even today, when I get anxious or impatient, I remember that I am exactly where God wants me to be.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.