View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 05:08 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 4

Guidance Prayer

Lord,
You have guided me this far and have watched out for me in tough times and dark places. Lord you blessed me with an intelligent mind, great spirit and a strong body, help me to use these attributes do well for others and make a positive influence in this life that you have given me.
Grant me success and confidence in all I do….
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Drinking cuts you off from God and other people.

No matter how you were brought up, no matter what your religion is, no matter if you say you believe in God, nevertheless you build up a wall between you and God by your drinking. You know you're not living the way God wants you to. As a result, you have that terrible remorse. When you come into A.A., you begin to get right with other people and with God. A sober life is a happy life, because by giving up drinking, we've got rid of our loneliness and remorse.

So ............

Do I have real fellowship with other people and with God?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Going with the Flow

Going with the flow doesn’t mean that we don’t know where we’re going; it means that we are open to multiple ways of getting there. We are also open to changing our destination, clinging more to the essence of our goal than to the particulars. We acknowledge that letting go and modifying our plans is part of the process. Going with the flow means that we are aware of an energy that is larger than our small selves and we are open to working with it, not against it.

Many of us are afraid of going with the flow because we don’t trust that we will get where we want to go if we do. This causes us to cling to plans that aren’t working, stick to routes that are obstructed, and obsess over relationships that aren’t fulfilling. When you find yourself stuck in these kinds of patterns, do yourself a favor and open to the flow of what is rather than resisting it. Trust that the big river of your life has a plan for you and let it carry you onward. Throw overboard those things that are weighing you down. Be open to revising your maps. Take a deep breath and move into the current.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sponsorship

Dr. Bob led me through all of these Steps. At the moral inventory, he brought up some of my bad personality traits or character defects, such as selfishness, conceit, jealousy, carelessness, intolerance, ill-temper, sarcasm and resentments. We went over these at great length and then he finally asked me if I wanted these defects of character taken away. When I said yes, we both knelt at his desk and prayed . . . If I live to be a hundred, this will always stand out in my mind. I wish that every AA could have the benefit of this type of sponsorship today.

Alcoholics Anonymous, Page 292 (3rd Edition)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.” ~ Joseph Campbell
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: