View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 15

Quote of the Week

"When you are in fear you should remember to T.R.U.S.T.: Try Really Using Step Three."

When I first heard this quote, a great release and calm came over me. I was at a meeting, anxious and afraid, and all at once I let go of the fear, dread, and self-pity I had been carrying. In an instant, I shifted from my will to God’s will, and the peace and comfort I felt reminded me, yet again, that it works when I become willing (or desperate enough) to work it.

There is so much power and wisdom in Step Three. It first reminds me that the peace and serenity I get from turning my will and life over to God are just a decision away. I always have the choice of either staying in fear or surrendering my will to the care of my Higher Power. And although I’m often reluctant to let go of control, when I remember I am turning my will and life over to the “care” of God, the decision becomes easier.

After years of working this Step, I have come to trust that God’s will for me is always better than anything I can think of for myself. It’s hard to remember this sometimes, as I still get wrapped up in self-centered fear and try to control life to suit myself. But I do have a way out; my experience is that, when I use the Third Step, relief and release always come. Today, my way out of fear is to T.R.U.S.T.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.