Old 04-13-2021, 04:53 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 13

Inner Peace Prayer

Lord,
I'm worried and anxious.
My mind races and obsesses.
I can't help thinking about my problems.
And the more I think about them,
the more depressed I become.
I feel like I'm sinking down in quicksand
and can't get out.
Calm me, Lord.
Slow me down, put Your peace in my heart.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Most alcoholics started having quiet times each morning.

We come to depend on God's help during the day, especially if we should be tempted to take a drink. And we can honestly thank Him each night for the strength He has given us. So our faith is strengthened by these quiet times of prayer. By listening to other members, by working with other alcoholics, by times of quiet meditation, our faith in God gradually becomes strong.

So ............

Have I turned my drink problem entirely over to God, without reservations?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Letting Go of Confusion

Sometimes, the way is not clear. Our minds get clouded, confused. We aren't certain what our next step should be, what it will look like, what direction we are headed.

This is the time to stop, ask for guidance, and rest. That is the time to let go of fear. Wait. Feel the confusion and chaos, and then let it go. The path will show itself. The next step shall be revealed. We don't have to know now. We will know in time. Trust that. Let go and trust.

I will trust that out of the chaos will come clarity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let's Keep It Simple

We need to distinguish sharply between spiritual simplicity and functional simplicity.

When we say that A.A. advocates no theological proposition except God as we understand Him, we greatly simplify A.A. life by avoiding conflict and exclusiveness.

But when we get into questions of action by groups, by areas, and by A.A. as a whole, we find that we must to some extent organize to carry the message--or else face chaos. And chaos is not simplicity.

As Bill Sees It Page 162

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a few Quotes

“Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” ~ Saint Francis de Sales

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” ~ Dalai Lama
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: