View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 05:44 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

April 14

Crises Prayer

Lord, I can’t move. I can’t sit still or stand. I can’t breathe. Everything’s falling apart inside me and around me. I don’t know what to do.

Please wrap your arms around me and don’t ever let go. Slow my racing heart. Clear my spinning head. Calm my frantic lungs. I need Your patience to breathe through this moment and make it to the next. Thank you for being a God who cares, a God able to guard my heart and mind.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

When we came into A.A., we made a tremendous discovery.

We found that we were sick persons rather than moral lepers. We were not such “odd balls” as we thought we were. We found other people who had the same illness that we had, who had been through the same experiences that we had been through. They had recovered. if they could do it, we could do it.

So ............

Was hope born in me the day I walked into A.A.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Timing

“If we could untangle the mysteries of life and unravel the energies which run through the world; if we could evaluate correctly the significance of passing events; if we could measure the struggles, dilemmas, and aspirations of mankind, we could find that nothing is born out of time. Everything comes at its appointed moment.”
~ Joseph R. Sizoo

Timing can be frustrating. We can wait and wait for something to happen, and it seems to be forever until it comes to pass. Or, suddenly, an event or circumstance is thrust upon us, catching us by surprise. Believing that things happen too slowly or too quickly is an illusion. Timing is perfect. I will accept the timing in my life today.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Release and Joy

Who can render an account of all the miseries that once were ours, and who can estimate the release and joy that later years have brought to us? Who can possibly tell the vast consequences of what God's work through A.A. has already set in motion?

And who can penetrate the deeper mystery of our wholesale deliverance from slavery, a bondage to a most hopeless and fatal obsession which for centuries possessed the minds and bodies of men and women like ourselves?

As Bill Sees It Page 263

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Few Quotes

“One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.” ~ Chinese Proverb

“When it comes to patience, we don’t have to change old habits; we can build better ones.” ~ Sue Bender
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: