View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 06:36 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Joy of Giving Prayer

Lord, I ask that you open my heart to give to others.
Teach me the joy of giving, as a blessing to those in need.
Lord, I pray for my brothers and sisters around the world who are in need.
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

All alcoholics have personality problems.

They drink to escape from life, to counteract feelings of loneliness or inferiority, or because of some emotional conflict within them, so that they cannot adjust themselves to life. Alcoholics cannot stop drinking unless they find a way to solve their personality problems. That's why going on the wagon doesn't solve anything. That's why taking the pledge usually doesn't work.

So ............

Was my personality problem ever solved by going on the wagon or taking the pledge? (aka “dry drunk”)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Patience

How sick and tired we may become of people telling us to be patient or to learn patience. How frustrating it can be to want to finally have something, or to move forward, and then not have that happen. How irritating to have someone tell us to wait while our needs have not been met and were in the midst of anxiety, frustration, and inaction. Do not confuse the suggestion to be patient with the old rule about not having feelings.

Being patient does not mean we go through the sometimes-grueling process of life and recovery without having feelings! Feel the frustration. Feel the impatience. Get as angry as you need to about not having your needs met. Feel your fear. Controlling our feelings will not control the process!

We find patience by surrendering to our feelings. Patience cannot be forced. It is a gift, one that closely follows acceptance and gratitude. When we work through our feelings to fully accept who we are and what we have, we will be ready to be and have more. I will let myself have my feelings while I practice patience.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Talk or Action

In making amends, it is seldom wise to approach an individual who still smarts from our injustice to him, and announce that we have gone religious. This might be called leading with the chin. Why lay ourselves open to being branded fanatics or religious bores? If we do this, we may kill a future opportunity to carry a beneficial message.

But the man who hears our amends is sure to be impressed with our sincere desire to set right a wrong. He is going to be more interested in a demonstration of good will than in talk of spiritual discoveries.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 77

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"Who can I forgive today, and make my day a better one?" ~ Catherine Ponder
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: